Customize

Things you bring to any protest OP

Discussion in 'Resources' started by AnonAspie-2, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Darth Alor Member

With the miltarization of Police Deps we should step up our game, heres a list of things to bring for protection.

1. Gp5 Gasmask and a filter from 1975+ <----- so you can breath! tear gas sucks man.
    2. A cardboard poster <------ you need to show what your there for.
    3. Food <----- not anything like a full on dinner but things taht can help other people. like snacks ( ramen )
    4. Knowlege on why your protesting and how to avoid dangerous situations.
    5. Weapon <------ When shit hits the fan bring a weapon. NOT A FIREARM OR EXPLOSIVE DEVICE. a Pocket knife should do you just fine.
    6. be safe and stay in a cell / group.
    7. Anything else you think tell me in the comments below.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. anon8109 Member

Maybe if you live in Syria and are vying to overthrow the government.

But in western democracies protesting is legal. Carrying a concealed weapon without a permit will get you criminally convicted though.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. CarterUSP Member

Dangerous situations... like what? Expecting to get attacked by a shark? Or a bear? Expecting a volcano to erupt?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Leave the knife at home.
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/hollywood-highland-shooting-report-284945511.html
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Old_Coder Member

I have actually been on several protests now that my state has decided to descend into madness and I am going to have to agree with what the others have said.... I am not down with your list.

Don't show up looking for a fight. We show up expecting our right to protest to be honored and conduct ourselves that way. Your most powerful ally is the moral high ground, so don't be proactive in such a way that it looks like you were instigating a confrontation. If authorities do try to "unlawfully" disperse your protest then you may get pepper spray, tear gas, physically engaged, and arrested. That is the picture you want going out over the air waves.

Also, take a video camera and I mean a real video camera and not a cell phone. First, it is a great way to document the event and if all goes off without a hitch then you can create a nice video for your group to post to You-Tube or whatever to promote your cause. If things get tight then you can capture a video of your side's perspective. However, don't get arrested with the camera or your recording will be gone.

Also, you know when you are going to a protest with the express intent of getting arrested. That is a perfectly legitimate expression of civil disobedience. However, prepare accordingly. First don't fight or antagonize the cops. You are there for them to arrest you so let them. It is a much better visual to see a hundred or so people being calmly cuffed an arrested while singing a hymn or some other song.

You are not there to fight a battle, you are there to protest which means you are there to bring attention to a cause or a principle. Something bigger than yourself. Never forget that... You go in looking for a fight and you will find one but the worst part is that you will do something the cops could never do. You will actually hurt the very thing you were protesting for or about.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Darth Alor Member

Yes be sure to bring your lava retardant gloves and bear Defense Mechanism Don't forget the shark harpoons! But other than that thanks for your professional thoughts Old Coder! :D Lol carter.
  7. Darth Alor Member

They'll release shark-nado then have the volcano erupt then guide the smarter than average human bears at us!
    We simply must have ways to combat this.
  8. Darth Alor Member

Perhaps I should refrain fro making threads like this until i have some more time on the fourm. Thanks for all your insights.
    • Like Like x 2