Customize

The Smoking Gun: Trump, The Least Charitable Billionaire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hushpuppy, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Wrong Guy Member

TL;DR:

Paul Farhi @farhip 11 hours ago
    To summarize: Spicer quit because of Scaramucci, who took down Priebus, who was replaced by Kelly, who took down Scaramucci.
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

Scaramucci suckered into epic email battle with fake Priebus

By Joe Tacopino, New York Post

Quote:

President Trump’s ousted communications director had an epic email clash with someone he thought was archenemy Reince Priebus — but it was just some internet troll.

Anthony Scaramucci received an email from the fake Priebus on Saturday — one day after the real White House chief of staff resigned, according to CNN.

“At no stage have you acted in a way that’s even remotely classy, yet you believe that’s the standard by which everyone should behave towards you?” read the email to Scaramucci from a “mail.com” account.

Scaramucci, apparently unaware the email was a hoax, responded with indignation.

“You know what you did. We all do. Even today. But rest assured we were prepared. A Man would apologize,” Scaramucci wrote.

The prankster, now aware that he had deceived the beleaguered Scaramucci, went in for the kill.

“I can’t believe you are questioning my ethics! The so called ‘Mooch’, who can’t even manage his first week in the White House without leaving upset in his wake,” the fake Priebus wrote. “I have nothing to apologize for.”

Scaramucci shot back with a veiled threat to destroy Priebus Shakespearean-style.

“Read Shakespeare. Particularly Othello. You are right there. My family is fine by the way and will thrive. I know what you did. No more replies from me,” the actual Scaramucci.

“Othello” is a tragedy in which the main character is tricked into killing his wife Desdemona after his confidante convinces him that she has been unfaithful.

Also fooled by the email prank was Homeland Security Adviser Tom Bossert, former Utah governor Jon Huntsman, and Eric Trump.

Source: http://nypost.com/2017/07/31/scaramucci-suckered-into-epic-email-battle-with-fake-priebus/
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

4. The Wrong Guy Member

5. The Wrong Guy Member

Crossposted from the Seth Rich thread, here:
    https://whyweprotest.net/threads/se...-was-found-dead-recently.132068/#post-2613718

Scott Dworkin‏ @funder 60 seconds ago
    Trump told FoxNews to publish fake news about murdered DNC employee Seth Rich to deflect from #TrumpRussia probes

Seth Rich Death: Trump Personally Told Fox News To Publish Fake Story About Murdered DNC Employee, Suit Claims

http://www.inquisitr.com/4403171/se...tory-about-murdered-dnc-employee-suit-claims/

More: https://twitter.com/Spicerlies
  6. Disambiguation Global Moderator

7. DeathHamster Member

http://time.com/4881972/vladimir-putin-donald-trump-executive-power/
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The Wrong Guy Member

Jared Kushner Comments on Middle East Peace in Leaked Q&A: "What Do We Offer That's Unique? I Don't Know." | WIRED

Quote:

On Monday, White House senior adviser Jared Kushner spoke to a group of congressional interns as part of an ongoing, off-the-record summer lecture series. During the question-and-answer portion of the event, Kushner may have inadvertently offered some insight into the negotiating tactics he is using in the Middle East.

Prior to Kushner's talk, Katie Patru, the deputy staff director for member services, outreach, and communications, told the assembled interns, "To record today’s session would be such a breach of trust, from my opinion. This town is full of leakers and everyone knows who they are, and no one trusts them. In this business your reputation is everything. I’ve been on the Hill for 15 years. I’ve sat in countless meetings with members of congress where important decisions were being made. During all those years in all those meetings, I never once leaked to a reporter…. If someone in your office has asked you to break our protocol and give you a recording so they can leak it, as a manager, that bothers me at my core."

WIRED has obtained a recording of Kushner's talk, which lasted for just under an hour in total.

The speech—which was peppered with self-deprecating jokes, as reported by Foreign Policy—offered a rare insight into the man who President Trump has tasked with criminal justice reform, managing the opioid crisis, updating the government's technological systems, and creating peace in the Middle East, among other tasks. It's the latter, though, that's both the most deeply personal for Kushner (a staunch supporter of Israel) and that prompted him to embark on his longest, most rambling answer during yesterday's question-and-answer session.

While the recording doesn't catch the entirety of the question, it appears to have centered on how Kushner plans to negotiate peace between Israelis and Palestinians, as well as why he believes he'll be successful where every other administration has failed. He doesn't directly answer either question, but he does reveal that, in his extensive research, he's learned that "not a whole lot has been accomplished over the last 40 or 50 years." He also notes that he's spoken to "a lot of people," which has taught him that "this is a very emotionally charged situation."

Later in the clip, Kushner expresses frustration at others' attempts to teach him about the delicate situation he's been inserted into, saying, "Everyone finds an issue, that 'you have to understand what they did then' and 'you have to understand that they did this.' But how does that help us get peace? Let's not focus on that. We don’t want a history lesson. We’ve read enough books. Let’s focus on: How do you come up with a conclusion to the situation?" He then goes on to lament the press's treatment of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, a family friend who he's known since childhood.

Kushner's dismissal of the nuances of the conflict has already been an issue. Last month, when Kushner met with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, a Palestinian official told Haaretz that Kushner "sounded like Netanyahu's advisers and not like fair arbiters" and that they were "greatly disappointed" after the meeting. Abbas himself was "reportedly furious."

Finally, Kushner closed with the following statement of reassurance: "So, what do we offer that's unique? I don’t know… I’m sure everyone that’s tried this has been unique in some ways, but again we’re trying to follow very logically. We're thinking about what the right end state is. And we’re trying to work with the parties very quietly to see if there's a solution. And there may be no solution, but it’s one of the problem sets that the president asked us to focus on. So we’re going to focus on it and try to come to the right conclusion in the near future."

You can read and listen to Kushner's answer in its entirety below. WIRED has reached out to the White House for comment, and will update if and when we receive a response.

Continued at https://www.wired.com/story/jared-kushner-middle-east
  9. The Wrong Guy Member

You don’t have to believe everything in that Seth Rich lawsuit. What’s been confirmed is bad enough.

By Margaret Sullivan, The Washington Post

Quote:

In an audio-only White House press gaggle on May 16, then-presidential spokesman Sean Spicer fielded a question about the murder of Seth Rich, the former Democratic National Committee staff who was killed in Washington last summer.

Spicer tripped a bit over his words, but his aim was clear: Distance and lack of knowledge.

“I’m not aware . . . I generally don’t get updates on former DNC staffers,” Spicer told a reporter who had asked what the White House had to say about a news report that Rich was in email contact with WikiLeaks before his murder. Then he said it was inappropriate to comment on it.

Now, though, we know that Spicer was indeed aware that Fox News was cooking up a story that would eventually be amplified and twisted into a huge, baseless conspiracy theory.

And — if you choose to believe everything in the lawsuit by former police investigator and Fox contributor Rod Wheeler — President Trump himself encouraged the bogus story in advance. (Wheeler’s suit claims he was misquoted by the network.)

At its most outrageous, the conspiracy theory that grew out of that initial Fox story, which held that Hillary Clinton arranged to have Seth Rich assassinated after he betrayed the DNC by sending internal information to WikiLeaks during the campaign. All of this was based on the idea that an internal mole betrayed the campaign and that Russian hackers had nothing to do with it.

Let’s be clear: There’s no basis for that craziness and never has been. Although the killing remains unsolved, D.C. police continue to view 27-year-old Rich’s fatal shooting as part of a botched robbery attempt.

Spicer confirmed to NPR’s David Folkenflik that he met on April 20 with a Trump supporter, Ed Butowsky, and Wheeler and heard about the story they had in the works.

“I didn’t know who Rod Wheeler was,” Spicer said. But Butowsky introduced him: “I’m sure you recognize Rod Wheeler from Fox News.”

Spicer said Butowsky described what they planned to make public: “They were just informing me of the story.”

Fox retracted the story on May 23, a week after it aired, but by then, it was far too late. It was out there in the media ecosystem, seized on by the likes of Alex Jones of Infowars and even former House speaker Newt Gingrich. As Gingrich said on Fox: “It wasn’t the Russians (who hacked the committee’s emails). It was this young guy who was disgusted by the corruption of the DNC.”

Wheeler’s suit may indeed be a moneymaking scheme, as Butowsky now claims as he denies it all.

Butowsky now says he was just joking when he sent Wheeler a text message that is included in the suit: “Not to add any more pressure but the president just read the article. He wants the article out immediately. It’s now all up to you.”

Each of the defendants, including 21st Century Fox, the Fox News Channel, Fox News reporter Malia Zimmerman and Butowsky, has denied claims brought in the lawsuit.

The suit claims that Fox’s report was intended to “establish that Seth Rich provided WikiLeaks with the DNC emails to shift the blame from Russia and help put to bed speculation that President Trump colluded with Russia in an attempt to influence the outcome of the Presidential election.”

It charges that Fox and Butowsky, a Republican donor, “created fake news to advance President Trump’s agenda. Mr. Wheeler was subsequently forced to correct the false record and, as a result, lost all credibility in the eyes of the public. Mr. Wheeler has suffered irreparable damage to his reputation and his career will likely never recover.”

Given Wheeler’s mutating role throughout this ugly saga, he cannot be considered a reliable narrator.

So, no, you can’t believe everything his suit says. But some of it rings true.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...516060-76cb-11e7-8839-ec48ec4cae25_story.html

A Timeline of the Lawsuit Accusing Fox News of Fabricating the Seth Rich Conspiracy Report | Mediaite

https://www.mediaite.com/online/a-t...-fabricating-the-seth-rich-conspiracy-report/

All the Major Players in the Latest Seth Rich Story Are Contradicting Themselves | Mother Jones

http://www.motherjones.com/politics...seth-rich-story-are-contradicting-themselves/

'Can't Believe People Would Be This Evil:' Family of Slain DNC Staffer Speak Out After Lawsuit Alleges Trump Ordered Fake Story on His Murder | People

http://people.com/politics/seth-rich-family-speaks-out-fox-news-lawsuit/
  10. The Internet Member

Let's say a relative kicks off leaving you with a million dollars in a reputable bank in a distant city. You're happy.

Then one day you go to the bank in person. You are surprised to find that the professional environment depicted in the bank's glossy PR doesn't match reality. Half the employees are related to the bank president in some way. Known mobsters come and go from the lobby. A closed conference room down the hall is giving off sexy time noises.

You meet the bank president. He greets you with a friendly hello and a firm handshake. But he rambles and is easily distracted. You can't get a straight answer from him. After a few questions you feel he doesn't know much about banking and he's mostly using bluster and bullshit to get by. How the fuck did this guy wind up in charge? Oh yeah, mobsters.

Immediately you transfer your deposit to another bank, amirite? Cuz if other people are noticing the incompetent leadership they likewise will be pulling out and nobody wants to come in last in that race.

The US is like a bank. The value of our currency rests upon our financials and also upon international confidence in our fiscal future. Presently Donald Trump is doing serious damage to that confidence. This is going to provoke people to scrutinize our financials closely and sad to say, the numbers are concerning.
    The value of the dollar rests upon the confidence people have in our financial future. I think we can get our debt problem under control by raising taxes where we can and cutting spending. But we have to reassure the world that we are sensible and responsible. We can't afford grossly incompetent political leadership.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. The Wrong Guy Member

12. The Wrong Guy Member

China’s State Media Slams Trump’s ‘Emotional Venting’ on Twitter | The New York Times

Quote:

After President Trump pilloried China in 48 tweeted words, accusing it of failing to tame its neighbor and longtime ally North Korea, Beijing issued its own rebuke to Mr. Trump — in a cutting editorial of 1,000 Chinese characters from Xinhua, the official news agency.

“Trump is quite a personality, and he likes to tweet,” said the Xinhua response issued late Monday and widely displayed on Chinese news websites. “But emotional venting cannot become a guiding policy for solving the nuclear issue on the peninsula,” it said, referring to the divided Korean Peninsula.

The United States, it added, “must not continue spurning responsibility” for the volatile standoff with North Korea, “and even less should it stab China in the back.”

The unusually personal nature of the editorial, together with comments delivered earlier that day by China’s ambassador to the United Nations in New York, show North Korea is becoming the main dispute threatening to tear at Mr. Trump’s initially friendly relationship with his Chinese counterpart, Xi Jinping.

“I am very disappointed in China,” Mr. Trump declared on Twitter on Sunday, after North Korea tested an intercontinental ballistic missile in defiance of United Nations sanctions.

<snipped>

The Chinese ambassador to the United Nations, Liu Jieyi, said on Monday it was up to the United States and North Korea to find a solution to the current standoff, not China.

“People talk about China a lot,” he said at a news conference to mark the end of China’s July term in the rotating presidency of the United Nations Security Council. “If the two principal parties refuse to move toward what is required by the Security Council resolutions — de-escalation of tension, negotiations to achieve denuclearization and peace and stability and also resume dialogue — then no matter how capable China is, China’s efforts will not yield practical results because it depends on the two principal parties.”

He said that China had upheld United Nations sanctions against North Korea, while Pyongyang and Washington were heightening tensions by carrying out missile tests and the American side was raising the prospect of new, unilateral sanctions and even the potential for military strikes.

“Instead of de-escalating tension we see of course further testing that we oppose and we also see language and action from elsewhere that heightens tension, talking about ‘all options on the table,’” he said.

More at https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/01/world/asia/china-trump-north-korea.html
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Russian pranksters pull Rick Perry into a conversation about pigshit while he's on Airforce 1 . Our security is Swiss cheeses

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-prank-call/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.2fd4138d9346

"But only one of the men on the line — Energy Secretary Rick Perry — held sway over his nation’s energy policy. On the other end of the conversation were Vladimir “Vovan” Kuznetsov and Alexei “Lexus” Stolyarov, who had just added Perry to their list of high-profile hoax victims.

“Secretary Perry is the latest target of two Russian pranksters,” Energy Department spokeswoman Shaylyn Hynes said in an email to The Washington Post. “These individuals are known for pranking high-level officials and celebrities, particularly those who are supportive of an agenda that is not in line with their governments. In this case, the energy security of Ukraine.”
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

Claude Taylor‏ @TrueFactsStated 21 minutes ago
    Claude Taylor Retweeted Peter Alexander
    Way back when, I used to take great pride in giving White House tours. One of the honors of my life. Just being there. This is shameful.

Peter Alexander‏ @PeterAlexander 2 hours ago
    Trump explaining to several club members why he frequently visits [his golf club in] Bedminster [New Jersey]: "That White House is a real dump."
    http://amp.timeinc.net/golf/tour-ne...-trump-relationship-golf-more-complicated-now

Andy Richter‏@AndyRichter 4 minutes ago
    So he thinks the White House is a dump. He's realllly gonna hate prison.
  15. The Wrong Guy Member

Trump's Lawyer BUSTED Lying About Russia Meeting | The Young Turks

Jay Sekulow has been caught red-handed lying about Trump. Cenk Uygur, host of The Young Turks, breaks it down. Tell us what you think in the comment section below. http://shoptyt.com

"As Tapper noted Tuesday, he pressed Sekulow on a New York Times report, published last month, that indicated Trump okay’d his son’s original statement about the meeting—a statement Trump Jr. was forced to clarify multiple times.

“That’s not true,” Sekulow insisted in that July interview with Tapper.

“The president did not sign off on a statement?” Tapper asked.

“No, he did not. The statement was issued by Donald Tump Jr.,” Sekulow said. “People can say whatever they want, but the fact is it’s just not true.”

Referencing a report Monday by the Washington Post that Trump “personally dictated” Trump Jr.’s statement, Tapper called out Sekulow’s lies.”

Josh Marshall‏@joshtpm 28 minutes ago
    Told my older son tonight: next time he commits treason I'm not writing him a note.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. The Wrong Guy Member

Boy Scouts disputes leadership praised Trump speech as 'greatest' | New York Daily News

Quote:

President Trump boasted that the Boy Scouts of America called him to say his jamboree pep talk was by no means “mixed” — it was the “greatest.”

Except the Boy Scouts did no such thing, according to a source within the organization. The Boy Scout source disputed that its leadership called Trump to praise the July 24 speech in Glen Jean, W.V., as claimed by the President in an interview with the Wall Street Journal. “We are not aware of any calls from national BSA leadership to the White House,” the source said.

The day after the West Virginia visit, Trump told WSJ Editor-in-Chief Gerard Baker that there was no mixed reaction to his politically charged speech. The President, like many of his predecessors, was asked to speak in front of about 40,000 people, most of them children.

“That was a standing ovation from the time I walked out to the time I left, and for five minutes after I had already gone. There was no mix,” Trump told Baker, according to a transcript obtained by Politico.

“And I got a call from the head of the Boy Scouts saying it was the greatest speech that was ever made to them, and they were very thankful. So there was — there was no mix,” Trump added.

Continued at http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...aised-trump-speech-greatest-article-1.3376061
  17. The Wrong Guy Member

Here Are the Sickest Burns in the West Virginia ACLU’s Amicus Brief About Bob Murray’s Dumb John Oliver Lawsuit

By Matthew Dessem, Slate

Quote:

Coal baron Bob Murray, who Dave Weigel once called “history’s greatest monster” in a Slate headline for laying off 156 people the day after Barack Obama was re-elected and blaming it on the election, was apparetly very, very unhappy with how he was treated in a John Oliver segment a few weeks ago. And it’s no wonder: after Murray Energy sent a cease and desist order to Last Week Tonight sputtering about pursuing legal remedies “to the fullest extent of the law, including to the level of the Supreme Court of the United States,” Oliver devoted a large part of the segment to him, going so far as to have a giant squirrel named “Mr. Nutterbutter” tell Murray to “Eat shit, Bob!” As Oliver put it on the show, he didn’t have much choice:

Bob Murray, I didn’t really plan for so much of this piece to be about you, but you kind of forced my hand on that one. And I know that you are probably going to sue me, but you know what? I stand by everything I said.

Murray wasn’t bluffing: he filed a defamation suit in West Virginia circuit court against Oliver, HBO, and Time Warner a few days after the show aired, one of many such lawsuits he’s filed against media organizations who criticized him in the past.

On Tuesday, Jamie Lynn Crofts of the American Civil Liberties Union of West Virginia filed an amicus brief in the case that is a truly remarkable piece of legal writing. The fun starts with the section headings, which, in addition to addressing “The Ridiculous Case in Hand,” pick up on a theme and run with it:
    • Anyone Can Legally Say, “Eat Shit, Bob!”
    • Plaintiff’s Motion for a Restraining Order is Ridiculous. Courts Can’t Tell Media Companies How to Report, Bob.
    • All of John Oliver’s Speech Was Protected by the First Amendment. You Can’t Sue People for Being Mean to You, Bob.
    • Plaintiff’s Requested Injunction Is Clearly Unconstitutional. You Can’t Get a Court Order Telling the Press How to Cover Stories, Bob.
    The entire documentis worth reading — Crofts’ masterful blend of scorn and disbelief should be the default response to silly lawsuits like this one — but here are a few highlights.

Continued at http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat..._in_the_john_oliver_lawsuit_is_hilarious.html
    • Like Like x 1
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

19. The Wrong Guy Member

Trump-Linked Data Firm Removes State Dept., NATO Logos After NBC Questions | NBC News

Quote:

The company that created Cambridge Analytica, the data analytics operation that helped Donald Trump win the 2016 presidential election, has removed the U.S. State Department logo and the NATO logo from its website after inquiries from NBC News.

The website of SCL Group, a private British behavioral research company, featured the State and NATO logos and used language touting their "approval" of the company's "methodology" until last week.

The company was awarded State Department contracts this year to help fight ISIS recruitment and has taught behavioral change science at a NATO-affiliated training program.

"NATO as an organization does not approve methodologies per se," said a NATO spokesman.

A State Department spokesperson said that after NBC News asked about the State logo on SCL's website, the agency had asked SCL to remove the logo because SCL had not asked to use it or cleared the associated language with the agency as required.

A spokesman for SCL Group said, "We were recently asked by the Department of State to remove the reference to avoid any confusion, and we were of course happy to comply."

SCL Group's American affiliate, Cambridge Analytica, develops data-driven marketing for commercial brands but has received more attention for its political division. Registered in Delaware in 2013, the company provided data analytics and psychographics for the campaign of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz during the 2016 Republican presidential primary. Using survey data, Cambridge Analytica created a psychological profile of likely Cruz supporters, identified specific individuals and then targeted them with messaging via the internet.

After Donald Trump secured the GOP nomination, the company transferred its data analytics capability to his campaign, but says it did not have time to employ the rigorous approach it used on the Cruz campaign.

Federal election filings show that Cambridge Analytica received $11.7 million from Trump and Cruz super PACs in 2015 and 2016. It received $5.7 million from a separate super PAC, Make America Number 1, which first supported Cruz and then Trump, and is primarily funded — to the tune of $15.5 million — by hedge-fund billionaire Robert Mercer.

Mercer, who declined to comment, is also an investor in Cambridge Analytica.

Continued at http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...m-removes-state-dept-nato-logos-after-n788691
  20. The Wrong Guy Member

EXCLUSIVE: Trump loyalist Ezra Cohen-Watnick fired from National Security Council, sources say

McMaster’s purge of conservatives continues.

By Jordan Schachtel, Conservative Review

Quote:

Ezra Cohen-Watnick, the senior director for intelligence on the National Security Council, has been dismissed from the White House, two senior administration officials who are not authorized to discuss personnel matters told Conservative Review on Wednesday.

Cohen-Watnick, 31, was originally brought on board by former NSC chief Gen. Michael Flynn.

National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster has, in the past, attempted to rid the council of Cohen-Watnick, but was overruled by President Trump, Steve Bannon, and Jared Kushner.

He has been described as an “Iran hawk” who wanted to revamp counter-Iran efforts in the Middle East, and sought to reform the intelligence community to rein in the “deep state” of unaccountable bureaucrats with rogue agendas.

Cohen-Watnick is the latest Trump loyalist to be fired by Gen. McMaster, whose security council continues to be overwhelmingly staffed with Obama holdovers (almost all of whom have retained their positions).

In the past, McMaster has refused to fire the Obama holdovers. Now-fired Middle East NSC director Derek Harvey compiled a list of Obama holdovers and took that list directly to the president, who requested that McMaster follow through with Harvey's recommendations. McMaster outright refused.

Under McMaster, the National Security Council has leaked classified information at an unprecedented rate, leading Congress to issue a report warning about its ramifications.

Additionally, top Obama officials continue to come and go in and out of the White House compound as they please. One prominent official, Robert Malley (Obama’s “ISIS czar"), has continued to brief National Security Council staff.

Source: https://www.conservativereview.com/...ezra-cohen-watnick-fired-from-nsc-sources-say
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Donald Trump wants to fire generals.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-says-u-s-losing-afghan-war-tense-meeting-generals-n789006
    That's right.

I like the description of the Trump presidency - people in power ignore his barking and ask for the correct paperwork.
  22. "Over nearly two hours in the situation room, Trump complained about NATO allies, inquired about the United States getting a piece of Afghan’s mineral wealth and repeatedly said the top U.S. general there should be fired."
  23. Quentinanon Member

I think this shows the core government of the U.S. has rejected Trump and continues to operate. If Trump seriously attempts to thwart the NSC, things will not end well for him.
  24. The Wrong Guy Member

8 things the Trump team denied, and then later confirmed | The Washington Post

The White House directly contradicted President Trump's own attorney on Tuesday. It confirmed that the president was involved in that misleading Donald Trump Jr. statement about his meeting with a Russian lawyer after Trump's attorney, Jay Sekulow, had issued two unmistakable comments asserting Trump wasn't.

But this was hardly the first time that the Trump team has appeared to confirm something it previously denied. Below are eight examples.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-trump-team-denied-and-then-later-confirmed/
  25. The Wrong Guy Member

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 27 minutes ago
    I love the White House, one of the most beautiful buildings (homes) I have ever seen. But Fake News said I called it a dump - TOTALLY UNTRUE
  26. The Wrong Guy Member

That was fast: The Trump White House’s series of staff departures

Below, in chronological order, are the most notable firings, resignations, criticisms and reassignments since Trump took office — including the attorney general, a former loyalist whom Trump has publicly taunted and criticized.

de5102f355ba2d667b92e3aef47f7f8c.jpg
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/fast-trump-white-houses-series-staff-departures-200801163.html

The Purge: White House Edition | The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Trump's ruthless purging of the White House staff has taken Spicer, Priebus and Scaramucci. Who will be next?

Yup: https://www.google.com/search?q="the best people" trump&amp;tbm=isch
  27. The Wrong Guy Member

U.S. Attorney Subpoenas Kushner Cos. Over Investment-For-Visa Program

Records sought from development firm owned by family of White House adviser Jared Kushner

By Erica Orden, Aruna Viswanatha and Byron Tau, The Wall Street Journal

Quote:

Kushner Cos., the New York property development business owned by the family of White House senior adviser Jared Kushner, has been subpoenaed by New York federal prosecutors regarding its use of an investment-for-immigration program, according to people familiar with the matter.

The subpoena concerns at least one Jersey City, N.J., development financed in part by a federal visa program known as EB-5: twin, 66-floor commercial-and-residential towers called One Journal Square, said a person familiar with the subpoena.

<snipped>

The subpoena, received by the company in May, was a document request that included a demand for emails, according to a person familiar with it.

It isn’t clear what potential violations are being probed by the U.S. attorney.

In early May, the company drew attention for a marketing campaign in Beijing and Shanghai that solicited Chinese investors for One Journal Square, saying that up to 300 individuals who put $500,000 each into the project could be eligible for green cards under the EB-5 program, according to marketing materials reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

The EB-5 program, which offers green cards to aspiring immigrants who invest at least $500,000 in certain U.S. businesses that have been determined to create at least 10 jobs per investor, has been at the center of debate in Washington. Critics say the program is being used to boost wealthier areas of the country instead of aiding poorer ones as intended.

A green card permits a foreign national to live and work in the U.S. indefinitely. The majority of EB-5 visas go to wealthy Chinese individuals.

Kushner Cos. used the EB-5 program for another Jersey City property known as Trump Bay Street. It is unclear whether the scope of the subpoena concerned that project as well.

The marketing push in China, held for potential investors at hotels, was led by Mr. Kushner’s sister Nicole Meyer, a principal at Kushner Cos., and included a video clip and photo of President Donald Trump, the Journal reported in May. Ms. Meyer also mentioned Mr. Kushner during her pitch, according to the New York Times.

More at https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-at...s-over-investment-for-visa-program-1501717119
  28. The Wrong Guy Member

Golf journalist: At least 8 people heard Trump call the White House a ‘dump’ | TheHill

Quote:

A golf journalist is standing by his report that President Trump called the White House a "dump" despite Trump's claim that it's "totally untrue."

Alan Shipnuck told Golf Magazine that eight or nine people heard Trump call the White House a dump.

Shipnuck published a report about Trump’s golfing hobby in Sports Illustrated this week, which included the reveleation that Trump called the president’s house a “real dump” compared to his New Jersey country club.

Shipnuck told Golf Magazine that a White House spokeswoman called him to demand a retraction for the statement, but that he would not do so because he heard it from multiple people and that he believes they are credible sources.

“It might be inconvenient for her boss and she might wish he didn’t say it, but it’s not a lie,” he said.

“They definitely don’t waste any time trying to be charming or friendly, these people in the White House communications department,” he added.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...t-8-people-heard-trump-call-the-white-house-a
  29. The Wrong Guy Member

Trump urged Mexican president to end his public defiance on border wall, transcript reveals

By Greg Miller, The Washington Post

Quote:

President Trump made building a wall along the southern U.S. border and forcing Mexico to pay for it core pledges of his campaign.

But in his first White House call with Mexico’s president, Trump described his vow to charge Mexico as a growing political problem, pressuring the Mexican leader to stop saying publicly that his government would never pay.

“You cannot say that to the press,” Trump said repeatedly, according to a transcript of the Jan. 27 call obtained by The Washington Post. Trump made clear that he realized the funding would have to come from other sources but threatened to cut off contact if Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto continued to make defiant statements.

The funding “will work out in the formula somehow,” Trump said, adding later that “it will come out in the wash, and that is okay.” But “if you are going to say that Mexico is not going to pay for the wall, then I do not want to meet with you guys anymore because I cannot live with that.”

He described the wall as “the least important thing we are talking about, but politically this might be the most important.”

The heated exchange came during back-to-back days of calls that Trump held with foreign leaders a week after taking office. The Post has obtained transcripts of Trump’s talks with Peña Nieto and Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull.

Produced by White House staff, the documents provide an unfiltered glimpse of Trump’s approach to the diplomatic aspect of his job, subjecting even a close neighbor and long-standing ally to streams of threats and invective as ifaimed at U.S. adversaries.

The Jan. 28 call with Turnbull became particularly acrimonious. “I have had it,” Trump erupted after the two argued about an agreement on refugees. “I have been making these calls all day, and this is the most unpleasant call all day.”

Before ending the call, Trump noted that at least one of his conversations that day had gone far more smoothly. “Putin was a pleasant call,” Trump said, referring to Russian President Vladimir Putin. “This is ridiculous.”

Continued at https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...2c0a4e-7610-11e7-8f39-eeb7d3a2d304_story.html

Transcripts of Trump’s calls with Mexico and Australia

By Greg Miller, Julie Vitkovskaya and Reuben Fischer-Baum, Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/politics/australia-mexico-transcripts/

Trump argues he won New Hampshire because it is a 'drug-infested den' | CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/03/politics/trump-new-hampshire-drugs/
    • Like Like x 2
  30. The Wrong Guy Member

Exclusive: top FBI officials could testify against Trump | Vox

The acting head of the bureau told top officials to prepare.

Quote:

Shortly after the appointment of special counsel Robert Mueller in May, acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe told several of the highest-ranking managers of the bureau they should consider themselves possible witnesses in any investigation into whether President Donald Trump engaged in obstruction of justice, according to two senior federal law enforcement officials.

McCabe has told colleagues that he too is a potential witness in the probe of whether Trump broke the law by trying to thwart the FBI's Russia investigation and the investigation into whether the Trump campaign colluded with the Russian government to defeat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election.

Two senior federal law enforcement officials have told me that the new revelations illustrate why they believe the potential case against Trump is stronger than outsiders have thought.

“What you are going to have is the potential for a powerful obstruction case,” a senior law enforcement official said. “You are going to have the [former] FBI director testify, and then the acting director, the chief of staff to the FBI director, the FBI’s general counsel, and then others, one right after another. This has never been the word of Trump against what [James Comey] has had to say. This is more like the Federal Bureau of Investigation versus Donald Trump.”

<snipped>

FBI agents are experienced witnesses who routinely testify in high-pressure cases. Plus, the FBI itself is a rare public institution that is widely respected and trusted by the American public. The witness list and breadth of possible evidence, including notes Comey and several other senior FBI officials made at the time, could add up to a much stronger obstruction of justice case than Trump ever could have imagined.

Among those who McCabe and other law enforcement officials have privately believed are potential witnesses are six of the highest-ranking officials of the agency: They include McCabe himself; Jim Rybicki, Comey’s chief of staff; James Baker, the general counsel of the FBI; David Bowdich, who as the FBI’s associate director is the agency’s third-highest official; and Carl Ghattas, the head of the FBI’s national security division and a legal adviser to McCabe. McCabe was deputy director of the FBI until May, when he became acting director after President Trump fired Comey.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, and a third senior Justice Department official are believed by law enforcement officials to be crucial fact witnesses in the obstruction probe. Their testimony is likely to support Comey and harm Trump, according to investigators and outside experts.

More at https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...er-obstruction-case-stronger-trump-surrogates
  31. Disambiguation Global Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  32. Disambiguation Global Moderator

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-local-milk-people_us_59832b9ce4b06d48887484be

One tiny part of the hilarious call with the Australia PM was Trumps bizarre comment about "milk people". :
    "“I guarantee you they are bad. That is why they are in prison right now,” he said. “They are not going to be wonderful people who go on to work for the local milk people.”
    Try searching twitter for #milkpeople and you can find verses for Local Milk People to the tune of People are Strange by the Doors

People are strange
    When they are milk people
    Local milk people
    They produce milk..
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Imho
    The results of the Trump presidency may be good after all. It's uniting congress. The military and law enforcement have come out strongly on behalf of transgendered officers, Europe and Asia are more powerful because of the power vacuum that is the Trump Presidency. We are still stuck with a homophobic supremacy court judge but if everything else in the fascist agenda stalls then we may survive this.
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Milk people are the cream of society.
  35. The Wrong Guy Member

Special Counsel Mueller Impanels Washington Grand Jury in Russia Probe

Expansion beyond Flynn grand jury is a sign the investigation in election meddling is ramping up

By Del Quentin Wilber and Byron Tau, The Wall Street Journal

Quote:

Special Counsel Robert Mueller has impaneled a grand jury in Washington to investigate Russia’s interference in the 2016 elections, a sign that his inquiry is growing in intensity and entering a new phase, according to people familiar with the matter.

The grand jury, which began its work in recent weeks, is a sign that Mr. Mueller’s inquiry is ramping up and that it will likely continue for months. Mr. Mueller is investigating Russia’s efforts to influence the 2016 election and whether President Donald Trump’s campaign or associates colluded with the Kremlin as part of that effort.

<snipped>

Before Mr. Mueller was tapped in May to be special counsel, federal prosecutors had been using at least one other grand jury, located in Alexandria, Va., to assist in their criminal investigation of Michael Flynn, a former national security adviser. That probe, which has been taken over by Mr. Mueller’s team, focuses on Mr. Flynn’s work in the private sector on behalf of foreign interests.

Grand juries are powerful investigative tools that allow prosecutors to subpoena documents, put witnesses under oath and seek indictments, if there is evidence of a crime. Legal experts said that the decision by Mr. Mueller to impanel a grand jury suggests he believes he will need to subpoena records and take testimony from witnesses.

A grand jury in Washington is also more convenient for Mr. Mueller and his 16 attorneys—they work just a few blocks from the U.S. federal courthouse where grand juries meet—than one that is 10 traffic-clogged miles away in Virginia.

“This is yet a further sign that there is a long-term, large-scale series of prosecutions being contemplated and being pursued by the special counsel,” said Stephen I. Vladeck, a law professor at the University of Texas. “If there was already a grand jury in Alexandria looking at Flynn, there would be no need to reinvent the wheel for the same guy. This suggests that the investigation is bigger and wider than Flynn, perhaps substantially so.”

Thomas Zeno, a federal prosecutor for 29 years before becoming a lawyer at the Squire Patton Boggs law firm, said the grand jury is “confirmation that this is a very vigorous investigation going on.”

“This doesn’t mean he is going to bring charges,” Mr. Zeno cautioned. “But it shows he is very serious. He wouldn’t do this if it were winding down.”

Another sign the investigation is ramping up: Greg Andres, a top partner in a powerhouse New York law firm, Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP, has joined Mr. Mueller’s team.

Mr. Andres, a former top Justice Department official who also oversaw the criminal division of the U.S. attorney’s office in Brooklyn, wouldn’t leave his private-sector job for a low-level investigation, Mr. Zeno said.

“People like Greg Andres don’t leave private practice willy-nilly,” Mr. Zeno said. “The fact he is being added after couple of months shows how serious this is and that it could last a long time.”

More at https://www.wsj.com/articles/specia...hington-grand-jury-in-russia-probe-1501788287
    • Like Like x 1
  36. The Wrong Guy Member

Leaked Trump transcripts show his incoherent, ill-informed narcissism | The Guardian

The leak of conversations between the US president and the leaders of Mexico and Australia may well be a cry for help from within the administration.

Quote:

One of the most significant aspects of the published transcripts of Donald Trump’s conversations with his Mexican and Australian counterparts is the fact they were leaked.

Private discussions between world leaders are kept secret so they can speak their minds and establish trust. The leaks will make it harder for the US to carry out high-level diplomacy and resolve serious crises, not just under Trump but potentially far beyond his presidency.

The publication of transcripts by the Washington Post is the latest of many signs that established norms are breaking down inside the administration, with far-reaching and unpredictable implications.

Such documents should have been very closely held, accessible to only a few senior officials. Their publication reflects the intensity of the war inside the White House between rival factions – and a reminder that, for all his well-advertised toughness, the new chief of staff, John Kelly, is going to find it very hard to impose discipline on an institution that is dysfunctional from the top down.

It is quite possible that the leaker was motivated by anxiety about the national security implications of Trump’s erratic leadership – that the leak is a cry for help from inside the administration.

The transcripts of his conversations with Enrique Peña Nieto and Malcolm Turnbull show the president to be no more coherent in private than he is public: ill-informed – even about a major attack on US soil – and narcissistic to the point of absurdity.

“I am the world’s greatest person,” he tells Turnbull, and boasts to his fellow world leaders about the size of the crowds who turn out to hear him speak. Maintaining his image as a strong leader in the eyes of his supporters emerges, again and again in the course of the conversations, as an overarching priority – over and above the maintenance of strong relations with allied countries.

Continued at https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/03/trump-transcripts-australia-mexico-narcissism
  37. The Wrong Guy Member

Exclusive: Grand jury subpoenas issued in relation to Russian lawyer, Trump Jr. meeting - sources

By Karen Freifeld, Reuters

Quote:

Grand jury subpoenas have been issued in connection with the June 2016 meeting between Donald Trump Jr., a Russian lawyer and others, two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters on Thursday.

The sources also said special counsel Robert Mueller had convened a grand jury in Washington to investigate allegations of Russia’s interference in the 2016 elections.

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-subpoena-idUSKBN1AJ2V0

Senators propose legislation to protect special counsel from Trump

By Patricia Zengerle, Reuters

Quote:

Republican and Democratic senators introduced two pieces of legislation on Thursday seeking to block President Donald Trump from firing the special counsel probing his ties to Russia, as Congress increasingly seeks to assert its authority on policy.

Members of Congress from both parties have expressed concern that Trump might dismiss Robert Mueller, the special counsel appointed to determine whether there was collusion between his 2016 presidential campaign and Moscow.

Continued at http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-senate-idUSKBN1AJ2Z9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.