Customize

"The Psychiatrist who cured the Scientologist"

Discussion in 'Media' started by Oinkertron9000, Jan 29, 2009.

1. "The Psychiatrist who cured the Scientologist"

Former member Aaron Gottfried talks about his book. "The Psychiatrist who cured the Scientologist"

http://shop.aarongottfried.com/prod...541E42D.qscstrfrnt04?categoryId=1&productId=1

http://www.aarongottfried.com/ - His website (under construction)
  2. Snake Member

Re: "The Psychiatrist who cured the Scientologist"

What happened to his personal life after he got help from the psychiatrist?
  3. MsDweller Member

I hope this book finds it's way to the States, and is soon in every Barnes & Nobel. I am also proud of the young Man for speaking out, since there is such a stigma attacted to mental illness.
  4. iaxiloll Member

http://www.youtube.com/user/doyle63l5

http://www.youtube.com/user/doyle63l5
  5. abattoir13 Member

I feel for him deeply having to fight these horrible ups and downs in his life.As a sufferer of Bi-Polar and panic attacks from the mania I could only imagine how bad it was to go untreated for it.I wish nothing for the best of him and hope his book reaches the corners of the earth.
  6. kissyfur Member

What a perfect description of depression. This kid definitely seems bright and well spoken. It should be a fascinating read.

However, I don't agree that he necessarily looks "good" or "healthy" - he looks quirkily adorable but his eyes still seem so haunted and tired. Poor kid.
  7. ManOnYous Member

It's easy for this woman to pretend she cares. She's secretly thinking "what a fag, this kid is useless!"

That's modern women - nice to your face, but they think you're pathetic. Which you might well be.
  8. pardmepard Member

The Psychiatrist who cured the Scientologist.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDN0mBnxoDA&feature=channel_page]YouTube - LIVE- "The Psychiatrist who cured the Scientologist." www.aarongottfried.com to order[/ame]

An Ally, His Parents are no longer scientologist.

Let's show our support and backup.
  9. the_cloak Member

Re: The Psychiatrist who cured the Scientologist.

Holy shit, is that the win after win after win after win guy?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khmhOQpOoek&feature=related"]YouTube - Win after Win after Win[/ame]
  10. anonymous1312 Member

Not available in UK owing to pants online ordering only for USA and Canada.
  11. pardmepard Member

LuLz,

No, but this guy is another win after win after win for for us.

January 2009 a very Epic Month in Anonymous and Chanology history.

Happy Anoniversary
  12. Sailor Venus Member

Sweet
  13. vegnej Member

Wow epic win, of course the scilons will spin it so they don't lose face !!
  14. ARC Member

eujbep.jpg
    What the hell? That sorta came out of left field, didn't it?
  15. pardmepard Member

Lulz

tell em Wrong form
  16. TinyDancer Member

How awesome to read someone who actually was subjected in an introspection rundown.
  17. Swarm Theory Member

This is the whole point of this exercise.

Can you imagine what would have happened to him just 14 short months ago?
  18. moarxenu Member

Ok, guise. If you really want to support Aaron get ur azzes over to his website and order the damn book. $14.95 via Paypal

Also if you want to email your support for him you can contact him at:

aarondgottfried@hotmail.com
  19. mirele Member

Is this guy Aaron Gottfried actually a scam artiste?

Googling this guy is self-referential. It all points back to a website, Home Page which, if you click anywhere on the page, sends you to a PayPal payment site. There's no mention of a doctor's name, when this happened, where it happened--AND this guy "Aaron Gottfried" is NOT found on the Truth About Scientology website as having done any courses. Not mentioned at all, in fact.

I watched the first part of the video and determined that this guy had appeared on a Rogers cable TV show called "Daytime." Rogers is a big cable tv company up in Canada and some quick googling brought me to the Ottawa Rogers website. However, I couldn't find him there. Back to Google. What I learned is that he appeared with host Susan Cook-Scheerer from "Daytime" Guelph, Ontario on December 4, 2008. (Thanks Google Cache!)

(picture of cache)

rogersdaytime120408 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

(Google cache link)
    http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:xko7gKQ8d9UJ:www.rogerstv.com/option.asp%3Frid%3D8%26lid%3D12%26sid%3D91%26cdate%3D11/19/2008+daytime+"aaron+gottfried"&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

Here's the whois on aarongottfried.com

Registrant:
    Excell

8-4380 South Service Rd
    Burlington, Ontario L7L 5Y6
    Canada

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (Browser Update Page)
    Domain Name: AARONGOTTFRIED.COM
    Created on: 08-Aug-08
    Expires on: 08-Aug-10
    Last Updated on: 08-Aug-08

Administrative Contact:
    Ossachuk, Mike mike@excellcleanair.com
    Excell
    8-4380 South Service Rd
    Canada
    (905) 639-6796 Fax -- (905) 639-3860

Technical Contact:
    Ossachuk, Mike mike@excellcleanair.com
    Excell
    8-4380 South Service Rd
    Canada
    (905) 639-6796 Fax -- (905) 639-3860

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS47.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    NS48.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Googling excellcleanair brings me to a cached list of 1999 World Institute of Scientology Enterprises (WISE) members, including the following:

Excell Duct Cleaning Inc
    William Gomried
    4380 S. Service Rd., Unit 8
    Burlington, ON L7L 5Y6
    Canada
    (1) 905-639-6796
    (1) 905-639-3860
    excellcleanair@sprint.ca

William Gomried is NOT found in the Truth About Scientology's completion lists either.

Mike Ossachuk points back to this link:

MIKE OSSACHUKGLOBALPRODUCER.COM

which says it is an "international film and media directory."

Mike Ossachuk is also the administrator of Domain Name: AAAAENERGYSMART.BIZ
    Domain information of aaaaenergysmart.biz | domaincrawler.com
    with information at the same location. This website points to aaahomeenergysavers.com which is parked.

Mike Ossachuk can also be found giving a florid endorsement for Skiva Multimedia, in Kitchener, Ontario. Kitchener Waterloo Web Design and Print Design - Skiva Multimedia

Mike Ossachuk is also not found in the Truth About Scientology's completion lists.

So, at one point, a guy named William Gomried was on the WISE Canada list, in 1999. His phone numbers are currently being used by a Mike Ossachuk in Burlington, at a location alternately described as Excell Clean Air or Maintemp Heating and Cooling.

Mike Ossachuk in turn gives a florid endorsement to Skiva Multimedia. Looking at Skiva's projects, I find a website at the very bottom for a guy named B.D. Gottfried.

I can't click directly to the page, so I google B.D. Gottfried and come up with this: B.D. Gottfried - The Element of Left

Gee, he looks kinda like Aaron Gottfried.

So I look for pictures of B.D. I come across a really scathing review of B.D.'s last disc:

"B.D. Gottfried, The Element Of Left: All right, I give up. I will never understand what B.D. Gottfried is attempting to create and for those people who really love this guy, the more power to you. I think there is an underlying story of the current human condition, but the statement is lost in Gottfried’s stale 80’s, industrial rock. This is by far the worst record of the year, as it has no entertaining or emotionally affecting value. (Independent) ~ ½ out of 5 Stars"

POPJOURNALISM.CA | Music Reviews - Mr.Pine and B.D. Gottfried

Not successful in getting a really good picture of B.D. that way, so I look for videos.

Now, let's go back to our original video of "Aaron Gottfried," plugging "The Psychiatrist Who Cured The Scientologist ,Bipolar Scientologist CURED by PSYCHIATRIST" at YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/v/0K77Bt5kYZk

Gee, he looks a lot like this guy in this B.D. Gottfried video:

MySpace Video - BD Gottfried's Video Channel & Video Clips

Here's some stills from the vids.

"Aaron Gottfried"

AaronGottfried-PromoVid on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

B.D. Gottfried

BDGottfried-MySpace on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I'm thinking, hey, I might be wrong, but I think these two guys are either one and the same, or they're siblings.

But I DO think we've got a scam going on here. B.D. Gottfried is also not listed as a Scientologist.

And (bad for me) if I'd looked at Aaron Gottfried's YouTube page, I would have found the B.D. Gottfried video right there. So they are related. But I did have a fun time putting this together.

So is anyone else (preferably in Canada) going to do some more investigating on this guy "Aaron Gottfried"?

Thanks!
  20. mirele Member

Moar linkage

I forgot that I hadn't done a whois on bdgottfried.com

Registrant:
    CyberAudio

8-4380 South Service Rd
    Burlington, Ontario L7L5Y6
    Canada

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (Browser Update Page)
    Domain Name: BDGOTTFRIED.COM
    Created on: 25-Aug-04
    Expires on: 01-Jan-11
    Last Updated on: 10-Jul-08

Administrative Contact:
    Gottfried, William mike@excellcleanair.com
    CyberAudio
    8-4380 South Service Rd
    Canada

Technical Contact:
    Gottfried, William mike@excellcleanair.com
    CyberAudio
    8-4380 South Service Rd
    Canada

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS01.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    NS02.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

So, William Gottfried is the same as mike@excellcleanair.com. Heh heh heh heh heh.
  21. Relyt Member

Not all Scientologists are listed on TruthAboutScientology. But for all we know, he could be lying, if there's no proof that he was a Scientologist at one point.
  22. muldrake Member

It's hard to know for sure. There isn't a copyright registration on the book in the U.S., but not everything is registered here.

This might be his dad, and he appears to be in Canada, too.

Scientology Statistics - Impact 57 Sponsors
    Scientology Clear List, Auditor 163, circa September 1979

The Gottfried website is utterly pitiful, though. It appears to be one image linking to a PayPal site. The only reason I can think of that someone would do this is perhaps they got a free sample from a website designer as to what a site would look like if they actually paid the web designer. Often a web designer just gives you a static image so you can't really go make the site yourself. Perhaps he got one of these free samples and then just created a "site" based on it.

I'm not sure this is a scam, but the past history of "I'll gladly give you a Scientology book on Thursday for a hamburger today" isn't really full of success.
  23. whatwhat Member

Karen N Wood Karen Wood: Filmmaker and Videographer works for cyberaudio, and has done films for excell clean air and b.d. gottfried. B.D., Bill, William, is on the clear list for 1979, so I think that's Aaron's father.

Not saying its not a scam, just saying I think B.D. is dad, Aaron is son.

I'll see if I can dig deeper.

edit1: b.d. gottfried's myspace lists aaron gottfried as additional vocals in his band.
  24. Re: "The Psychiatrist who cured the Scientologist"

I smell a rotten egg here...

If you have money, don't send it to him, send it to WWP...
  25. Kilia Member

It all looks so confusing right now, doesn't it?
  26. moarxenu Member

i don't think this is a scam. I bought the book and am reading it. I have been in email contact with Aaron. Doesn't seem like a spai to me. Also, I have difficulty imagining what gain OSA would get by publishing a book like this. Aaron can hardly pay for printing up copies for his upcoming orders.
  27. Re: "The Psychiatrist who cured the Scientologist"

Wow I never knew the anonymous members would find more dirt on me than the Scientologists haha. How ironic. Hi guys I'm sorry you think I'm doing this for money,but I'm happy to answer any questions.

How did you find that stuff geez scary lol. And you posted are worst review ever hehe. I don't know what to say right now to prove anything, besides that I don't know how I would write it not being a Scientologist at one point.

Sorry if the website sucks i'm not good with computers, someone did it for me and its not complete . Anyways.

Ttyl.
  28. Re: "The Psychiatrist who cured the Scientologist"

If you are indeed Aaron Gottfried then welcome (and lurk moar)...

but please understand that Anon takes nothing at face value, including a poster claiming to be Aaron Gottfried.

If you are NOT the fore-mentioned Aaron Gottfried, thank you for wasting my moment preparing this polite reply

either way, the poster is indeed correct, Anon can research...well and fast

:)
  29. flimbos Member

Still wondering ..

More info ?
  30. Re: "The Psychiatrist who cured the Scientologist"

Who is, "The Psychiatrist"?

Where are some sample chapters or some excerpts? This has to be about the worst book marketing I've ever seen.

In this day and age, "I'm not good with computers" doesn't do it for me. We're not all still migrating from typewriters and carbon paper to Word Processing.

Why not follow the blogger model? Jeff Hawkins is publishing an entire book on line -- he's still working on it, I think. If the information in this "book" is so "vital" why not release it in blog format for all to see; support it with advertising and if it has merit, people will get it and you'll wind up on Oprah/Harpo

Conclusion for now is: Dox or it's a fraud. :confused:
  31. whatwhat Member

Hi Aaron, if that is really you.

Realize that until people actually have the physical book there is going to be some distrust. We're still waiting on anything material to emerge from Chris Markert's "Scientology: Welcome to Hell" vapor book.
  32. Re: "The Psychiatrist who cured the Scientologist"

I have to say this, though I didn't want to...

I was told to come on this website and i thought it would be supportive. It's obvious now that it won't. So Scientologists and Anonymous are against me: wonderful.
    I can tell now its not gonna end . You want me to what give the book out online, then what happens and why. I'm not promoting online. I'm out there speaking and I had my first book event on Sat that went well. Do you think there were any anonymous there to buy it. From all over North America ppl have bought, but no anonymous members. Accept Moar Xenu who told me his name. I gave a copy to a little anonymous group in my city. Do you think they even read it. Most likely no, they just want to hang out and wear masks cos its fun.

Do you think i should cater to someone who I don't know who apparently wears a mask on Sats or whatever. I was on your side from the beginning and I would appreciate yours but its critical from the main site of all places. It makes my stomach upset that you want to tear me down. Because fuck all scientologists and ex scientologists right. Hate becomes like no different then the scientology delusion,you forget where its coming from because you're consumed. Scientologists aren't the enemy its Scientology, don't ever forget.

I'm going to continue to fight the good fight alone and in public without a mask, no matter what. And i'm going to talk about the contraversial topics that only I can fully know because I suffered it. It makes me sad that a group dedicated to this cause will be the last to help me.

This was long because I said I'd answer questions( which meant interested important questions. This will be the last time I respond to put downs and such and possibly the last time I come on. Sorry but this is the truth and I always speak it from my heart.

Peace.

Sincerely,

Aaron
  33. Ackerland Member

Please understand, that we've had our share of people who tried to make a buck out of pretending to be ex-scientologists. So we naturally always try to look for proof on claimed facts.
    However, Moarxenu confirmed you are legit, so I am inclined to believe you at the moment.

This is a site to organize and discuss protests and actions against Scientology, to give comfort to ex-scientologists is only second to this stated goal.

If you need help and support as ex-scientologist, go to forum.exscn.net where you will be welcomed. You are welcome to post here too, but keep in mind that on this page everyone might insult everyone in some way or another. Furthermore, anon principle is that you cannot expect any special treatment just because you once were a Scientologist. We will be critical about anyone posting on this board no matter of his background or history.
  34. Re: "The Psychiatrist who cured the Scientologist"

Aaron:

This site is for protesting scientology, not for providing a supportive environment for ex-scientolgists. Please don't take questioning comments personally. While I believe you probably are the 'real' Aaron, in fact Anon has no immediate way of knowing if you are or not. Anon has had more than just the occasional poster here alleging to be something that they are not. It's not personal when you are questioned...just healthy skepticism in an environment where that is the prudent approach.

Also, when Anon people are out there in the real world, they are actual people with actual names. While some may choose to share with you that they are Anon, I'm guessing many would not.

I'm pleased for you that your book event went well on Saturday. I wish you all the best with it and with your 'good fight'. Please understand, while styles of operation may be different, there are many people with goals that are very much the same as yours.

You are NOT in this alone. Peace.
  35. stuwyatt Member

Hi Aaron.

Best of luck with the book launch, and please do not take it personally how anon operates. I think anonymous is far more powerful than OSA ever was in digging up info about people.... lol.... The combined internet detective skills of anonymous are incredible and never cease to amaze me.

Please also remember that behind those masks are individuals, no different to everyone else - so be careful when speaking of anonymous as a single entity - it isn't. Anonymous is best described as a 'herd of cats'. It is just a loose collective of individuals.

It also has to be mentioned that this website is for everyone (anonymous or not) who all have the combined desire to bring the cult crashing down, so please stick around!

:)

^^^ THIS :)
  36. Nataku Member

We're not against you, Aaron. A few posters are sceptical that it's you, and not someone posing as you, etc. It's not personal - Anons tend to be a sceptical/questioning bunch, by and large. It's the same for everyone - no-one gets special treatment, I'm afraid.

Tangentially related: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQF-F-MT0ec&fmt=18]YouTube - The Complex: Anonymous fights cult of Scientology's latest attempt to suppress a critical book[/ame]
  37. Timmibal Member

Ex Scientologist Message Board

If you're looking for support, this is where you need to go, Aaron.

If we sound a little skeptical, as others have pointed out, Anonymous works on a principle of skepticism, applied uniformly and without exception. We have plenty of examples where instant belief resulted in egg on our faces, thus proving the merits of having 'dox or GTFO' as SOP.
  38. LordHuggy Member

Aaron, the only reason we never read your book was because the person who had the copy you gave us quit, and I am currently in the process of tracking it down. By the way, I also take offense with the generalisation of how we're just in it for the lulz. Some of us are of course, but there are others who genuinely care.

Just remember that we genuinely appreciate your efforts, and you have garnered nothing but respect from the Kitchener Anonymii.
    Don't give up. Keep fighting the good fight.
  39. Anon Char Member

LOL WUT?

lol, random spai or some lost Dome lurker
  40. Avery1 Member

Wow. You guise never cease to surprise me with your levels of paranoia.

Aaron - I bought your book and I am about halfway done reading it. I wont pretend to understand what you went through, but I appreciate your perspective on it. The book is a fair price and an interesting read. I will lend it out to any other Toronto anons who would like to read it - same thing I have done with the Complex.

I am sorry the reactions have been cold from this site. It is always a mixed bag here. Please know that there are those of us who believe and support you 100%. I hope our voices are not drowned out in the chorus.

Best,

Avery1