Customize

The Prophet Marty Rathbun speaketh..

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonymous, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: The Prophet Marty Rathbun speaketh..

I have accept Marty's offer. I sent him an e-mail but given his annoying "father knows best" attitude. I expect his communication to something in the nature of "There There darling boy ....listen to me while I tell you why DM is evil, made me evil temporarily and why I can never apologize or admit any of it"
  2. Anonymous Member

I should point out that I'm not Billy Lindstein but was a good friend of him and his wife. Marty knew Billy well and they respected each others viewpoints greatly. The fact that Marty would talk to his friend Billy in this manner just shocks me so bad it defies my reality. The raw arrogance in the message and the condescending tone is just not real to me. I was once in the presence of Rathbun when he was a Scientologists and he was real cool and calm and very exacting, a copy of Mike Rinder to be sure. I'm really shocked at what a paranoid, trumped up Bill Robertson he has become. Maybe I should tell the real Billy Lindstein about this ...see what Billy thinks.
  3. Anonymous Member

I thought individuals were not targeted, but the abuses of scientology? Once scientology goes down, DM and Rathbun et al will get theirs.
  4. YAHRLY Member

the fuck is wrong with your entire brain?

individuals have always been targeted

including other anons
  5. Stalin Member

SEE?

THIS IS THE BADASS ANON SPEAKING

THEY ARE THREATENING AND WILL SELL YOUR DOX TO SCIENTOLOGY IF YOU DON'T LISTEN TO THEM

GOD I WISH I WAS AS COOL AS THEM!
  6. Anonymous Member

Yes Billy, please report to Mr. Rathbun's office for your handling. Mr. Rathbun knows that all of the internet is speaking garbage, but only YOU are good enough for the truth, and Mr. Rathbun is offing you TRUTH free of charge.
  7. Anonymous Member

Rathbun has been and is being helpful where it really counts. Try not to fuck that up, y'all.
  8. Anonymous Member

Really ? who is he helping ?
  9. Anonymous Member

Himself and KSW.
  10. AnonyMary Member

An update from Rathbun's blog.

Jim Logan // August 20, 2009 at 12:09 pm
    Mary,
    As I told you in my answer to your personal mail to me, Marty and I handled what occurred between us with the principles of Scientology. I was not a victim of Marty and he didn’t have to apologize to me and that’s not what went down. We confronted our actions and took responsibility for them, each of us and as I said it is GONE, POOF.
    I understand you are now saying you are an ‘anti-Scientologist’. Still, as any victim that has gotten past being victimized will tell you, ‘victim’ is not a workable life-style.
    That feeling won’t go away until the person victimized deals with it themselves. They have to pull through it, and more times than not, with no apologies or remorse from those that hurt them.
    Otherwise, if the person who vicitimized them doesn’t recant then the victim is still prey to them.
    My invitation to write me personally still stands.
    Jim
    International Finance Police – a blast from the past Moving On Up a Little Higher

Here is my reply:
    Mary McConnell // August 20, 2009 at 2:16 pm | Reply
    Hi Jim,
    re: Jim Logan // August 20, 2009 at 12:09 pm
    Is that what you would say in response to the cries for justice by victims ( and loved ones of victims) of Nazi crimes, tactics and overt acts?

Are you saaying that ‘Being a Scientologist means never having to say your sorry’ ? Are you saying that the law does not apply to Scientologists? Marty is fortunate that the statue of limitations is up on his ordering the destruction of the Lisa McPherson care logs that were found missing by the police. Just because he escaped a possible prison sentence does not mean he will escape being accountable to the people who cared about her.

FWIW, I am NOT an anti-scientologist by any means. I devoted 18 + yrs of my life to Scientology and tolerated many things during those yrs that should have never been tolerated. After years of my own research of both sides of the issue for my own benefit, I found that I could no longer agree with ideas you and others have – that Scientology is a religion, that Hubbard created a bridge to somewhere good & that Scientology is good for the soul. That does not make me a hater nor anti-scientologist.

Just yesterday I posted and wrote about your email over at WhyWeProtest , in response another poster in the ” The Prophet Marty Rathbun speaketh.. ” thread.
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-scientology-discussion/prophet-marty-rathbun-speaketh-51455/4/
    I mentioned it in regards to what I felt was Marty’s selective communication approach. I stated :
    ” I did not post anything there (ESMB) yet, nor have I replied to him yet, because I feel I do not want to get involved in promoting anything about Scientology or Hubbard, as I am on the complete opposite pole as he is on those subjects. But it’s clear from this that Mark Marty Rathbun picks and chooses who he will work things out with about the past. Jim clearly loves LRH and the tech, as Mark Rathbun clearly does. That’s why he got a reply and Gerry Armstrong didn’t. ”
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/974600-post151/

That is what I believe is occuring and I think it comes across as a double standard that is going to cause more issues than help Mark’s cause.
    But I don’t hate anyone. I think Marty should take responsibility for the effects HE caused, just as I believe others should do the same for their own actions or lack of them.
    ~ Mary
  11. YAHRLY Member

I do find him rather attractive
    we should help him help himself
  12. Avery1 Member

Nice work Mary - you are exactly on the money.
  13. Anonymous Member

This appears to be the party line over in Rathbun-land.

I like Billy's response

Why is it ok in his Hubbard-fucked mind to admit to felonies (past the statute of limitations), but beneath him to apologize or admit wrong-doing. He is willing to admit to crimes, but those are justified I guess and only MEST drama...
  14. EyeOnSci Member

Rathbun is exhibiting signs of a narcissist, since the individual himself is never at fault, only those around him. Much like Hubbard himself.

Interesting.

EyeOnSci
  15. The Dude Member

Marty Rathburn is awesome and has already pwned everyone in this thread.
  16. Mutante Member

This ^^^

Marty rocks.
  17. Anonymous Member

He gives really hot blowjobs free of charge.
  18. muldrake Member

And Frodo didn't want to put that ring on either.

I'm not sure Marty is at all sure what he wants to do at the moment, or that it will stay the same. I think he'd be just as much of a disaster running the cult as the dwarf, though, and while I'm more willing than some to cut him some slack given the tremendous ass-kicking The Truth Rundown gave the cult, I still can't help but notice almost all of his attack is on Miscavige and none of it on the rest of the organization. You don't ding up a car you want to steal.

Like Mike Rinder, Mark Rathbun has done some incredibly devious and nasty stuff over the years. While critics are more familiar with Mike Rinder's nastiness because OSA is outward-facing and directly attacks us, I believe most of Rathbun's nasty actions were directed inward at current members.

That said, I've found the trajectory of his career fascinating since I became aware of him, and have often secretly hoped he'd blow (again). Just the two MRs leaving alone is a huge loss for the cult, but having them actively attacking DM is really their worst nightmare.

I'm not saying the enemy of my enemy is my friend, but my enemy getting attacked without me having to lift a finger is usually a good thing.
  19. Re: The Prophet Marty Rathbun speaketh..

when I, and you, and you and you and you all post to his blog as the reincarnated Lisa, how will he know which one it isn't? How will anyone else know which one is not the real Lisa?
  20. LarryBren Member

^^^^^ LOL ^^^^^^ I love how that was put!

IMHO an Epic battle on many fronts is beginning to form. More press/TV on the horizon, more suits very, very soon, more books, more to speak out, Miscavige about to be drawn more into the game big time and just countless things being done by Anons and EXes all over. And I believe there are going to be some very interesting and entertaining alliances.

If we're going to use Lord of the Rings metaphors here I'm making my claim right now. I want to be Legolas!!!

(And, if anyone on here posts "you have my sword" on a thread about a fight against organized scientology, I claim the right to say "and you have my bow").

I'm just making a claim now before all that is left is Merry, or Pippin or Boromir! I don't mind going all out to fight a vindictive, hateful, lying cult who wants to destroy us all but I don't want to do it if I have to be a hairy-footed hobbit or someone who dies in the movie.

I'm just saying....
  21. AnonyMary Member

22. Anonymous Member

Fuck, can we raid this Rathbun already?
  23. Anonymous Member

can you walk on top of snow?
  24. The Dude Member

[IMG]

Why?
  25. Anonymous Member

I love you, Larry Brennan.
  26. Anonymous Member

i heard he lieks pizza ;)
  27. Anonymous Member

Marty said that U smell liek an OG with blond hair posting from a wifi at the beach.
  28. Anonymous Member

I liek this. Where and when? :cool:
  29. Anonymous Member

Don't be a lulz killer. Stay focused on the target. Rathbun is a motherfucking criminal. I say crush the bug :mad:
  30. Anonymous Member

On my list, Rathbun is after Miscavige. AFTER Miscavige.
  31. Smurf Member

I would acquaint yourself with Texas law before protesting someone's residence in a redneck suburb of Houston.
  32. AceOfSpades Member

Tory is a butthurt. I vote for Mudkips.
  33. Anonymous Member

fix'ed
  34. Smurf Member

Screw Mudkips, She forgot my birthday caek,
  35. mrfyde Member

This is a thread about Rathbun, and even if he was in secret negotiations with both Presleys and both Travoltas and writing a tell all book about the secrets of Tom Cruise's PC folder, it makes no difference and does not change what Rathbun has done to people. And even if he was to apologize to ALL of them, not just the potential customers, promoting the tech and selling LRH's snake oil to people who have had enough is still equal to preying on hurricane victims and ambulance chasing. But I assume that you mean to imply that he (MR) is involved in these suits, perhaps with high profile ex's that have recently been served ? It does no good using some sort of 'mystical manipulation'.

Implying that there is an inner circle of people that are more enlightened about the true goings on in this fight is an interesting choice, and frankly I am surprised it has worked this well for so many months. But the manipulations and the handlings every time Rathbun's name is mentioned in a negative light is growing tiresome, and many good ideas have been tossed away or put on hold because they don't want to foul up some possibly over stated secret weapon. When the cult has lost dozens of legal battles and still stands.

I don't doubt that there are wins going on back behind the scenes, but I personally know of a few hardships just behind what you'd consider the front lines as well.

Cults use that kind of carrot and stick misdirection, but I don't think it suits us.

Clarification - I didn't intend to accuse LarryBren of being an agent for the heavily legally protected "The Church of Scientology". I would like to state that I believe LarryBren would rather die than help that cult.
  36. Anonymous Member

QFMFT
  37. Re: The Prophet Marty Rathbun speaketh..

Sorry, but Larry is not using "misdirection" at all and your implication that he's using cult tactics is screwed up.

There's no point in getting all butthurt just because people can't tell everyone what is happening all the time. Larry DOES happen to know a shitload and there's a shitload about to happen. I don't know much, but Larry and Marc are impeccable sources. We have to live with the fact that they can't let us in on all the big secrets. That's the nature of things.

If you're itching to troll Rathbun, at least be honest and don't try and disguise it by suggesting that there's some conspiracy to protect him.

But for the love of Xenu, don't fuck up what he IS doing just for lulz, will you, because there's a truckload more lulz to be had if Rathbun does help out.
  38. LarryBren Member

I got to say I have little clue what you are talking about or accusing me of here.

I know I voiced an opinion and you seen to somehow consider it some form of manipulation, implying of some inner circle of people that are enlightened, misdirection, whatever. And you list what you feel I imply nothing that I have thought of or certainly wanted to imply. I have no clue where that came from. Woah lol

I do not expect to be briefed on everything that others are working on. It may be none of my business. I suggest you don't take offense that you too are not briefed on everything others are working on.

If you want to say that no one can give an opinion of things to come without sharing details of it with you or somehow justifying it to you (and everyone else who reads this) I respect your right to have that opinion but I won't be following it.

That you and I seem have some difference of opinion on Rathbun appears to be a fact. Please don't stop what you are doing because you think I see some things otherswise. Pay no attention to me if you don't care for what I am saying. Hell I welcome yours and others' different opinions. In fact I enjoy all the independant thoughts.

Ok, whatever, I said my bit. Fire away if you want. I am onto other things. Peace.
  39. Vir Member

I call dibs on being Narsil
  40. JohnnyRUClear Member

If Marty does somehow take over for Pocket Hitler, I hope we find a way to christen his time atop the cult "Scarred Wreck II: the Rath of Bun" -- but only because I'm a twitty ST nerd.

Theme detected.

FTFY

Were we winning before Rathbun spoke out? We were? So why should you feel conflicted? We don't need him. He's a luxury.

{insert lame owl joke here}