Customize

The next move

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by befmilne, Dec 6, 2009.

1. The next move

Contrary to the topic recently posted, the Australian government has not rejected Nick Xenophon's request for a Senate inquiry into Scientology.

Both the current Labor government and the Coalition in opposition have said they will not vote for an inquiry. We've been well aware of this for the last week or so, which is exactly why Senator Xenophon has delayed the vote until next February.

Time is still on our side, and we have a couple of months to focus our attention on making both the government and the opposition realise that this issue is serious and warrants an investigation, and that a Senate inquiry is appropriate.

Stay focused, there is no need to feel defeated by these reports, we are in the exact same position that we were in at the end of the last sitting day of parliament for the year.

Now is the time for us all to make a concerted, targeted effort.
  2. Ann O'Nymous Member

Re: The next move

Does it really justify a new thread ?
  3. Skeptic1337 Member

Only newfags worry about single threads posted on WWP that state EPIC WIN / EPIC FAIL without waiting for the inevitable outcomes.

Carry on with your butthurt!
  4. pooks Member

Yes it does. This thread http://forums.whyweprotest.net/318-...ophons-request-investigate-scientology-57930/ makes it seem as if we've already lost.

The OP in this thread is refocusing the issue.

I think it's really important that the next two months are spent educating the Senators about Scn, including making personal contact with each Senator to let them know the actual truth behind all the Scn PR.

I can assure you that Scn will be wining and dining the Senators through the use of their Celebrities in order to keep this inquiry from ever happening.

Osa obviously had a shit fit when I posted about this before and they actually started a thread about it on their hate site-- Religious Freedom Watch. When those dumbasses post crap like this, they really show their hand.

Warning: Scn site:

Patty Pieniadz - Religious Freedom Watch Forums
  5. _You_ Member

So much for the direct approach.

Who shapes a senator's opinion?
  6. Re: The next move

$$$$$$$$$$$
  7. mrfyde Member

The bad thing about the article is that it could be used to kill or at least misdirect the media until February. I don't know that the Senators will change their opinion but for the next month and a half the police will be investigating the cult and may find evidence to present to the senate and encourage new laws to prevent any organization from abusing its customers/members.
  8. _You_ Member

Why not focus on educating the people who are actually investigating Scientology in Australia right now.
  9. Re: The next move

I agree that this is a worry, I mean it's already got dozens of people here on WWP sounding defeatist.
  10. Re: The next move

Tony Abbott has taken leadership of the Liberal party, and is a strong Catholic who has, historically, voted with his religious convictions in mind. We can use this to our advantage; if we are able to sufficiently educate Tony Abbott about why Scientology is dangerous and worthy of an inquiry, we can win the support of the Coalition and gain enough votes in the Senate for Xenophon's motion to pass.

One of the things which Senators Bob Brown and Nick Xenophon have been saying, in response to other politicians saying the Senate is not the appropriate place for such an inquiry, is that the Senate is exactly the right place to inquire into the status of an institution and the criteria needed to gain such a status.
  11. MarlieK Member

I think this would be highly unlikely to occur in a couple months time. When has any police force come out to announce results of an on going investigation? The only time that happens is when they are trying to make the culprit wag their tongues in order to come up with enough information to convict.

The cult is so full of half-truths, misdirection & bald face lies that I really think it will take more than a couple of months for any investigation to go through. Not to mention the police will be hampered by stonewalling or lying culties still on the inside. It will neither be an easy nor a short investigation if they don't try to pass the buck.
  12. _You_ Member

In the US, when a politician's religious nature is an issue, the press interviews their pastor. Any idea what parish he belongs to ?
  13. _You_ Member

My next move!

istock_000002775612xsmall.jpg
  14. _You_ Member

Also send dox to the Tax Commissioner, as noted in the emails from Senators.
  15. Asshole Member

2urv33r.jpg
  16. _You_ Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few salient points (in my opinion):

1. A police investigation is not as good as a Senate inquiry because it is not as public and will not receive the same amount of media coverage. When the police investigate, if no charges are forthcoming they drop it. When the Senate investigates, they publish findings with all the evidence supporting complaints against CoS even if they don't take any remedial action.

2. The "r" word is a big obstacle but also the perception of the senators that this is a matter for law enforcement. The way to solve this is to convince them that an inquiry is needed to discern proper public policies.