Customize

The Idiot's Guide to the CofS: what're the best, the shortest, most illustrative dox?

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by _You_, Nov 26, 2009.

1. _You_ Member

The Idiot's Guide to the CofS: what're the best, the shortest, most illustrative dox?

The CofS is big, complex, hard to categorise, and takes a good while to really understand.

There's no shortage of information, but in a sense that's the problem: or at least I found that it was when writing to the Senators and others.

There're numerous court records, lots of great media articles, and excellent video testimony from former insiders. However, assuming that the person you're writing to knows little or nothing about the CofS, what in your opinion is the best material that's out there?

It needs to be hard, irrefutable fact, but also encapsulate the true nature of the beast...in as little time as possible...with added points given for currency.
  2. mrfyde Member

3. _You_ Member

4. _You_ Member

5. _You_ Member

Re: The Idiot's Guide to the CofS: what're the best, the shortest, most illustrative

OP here, I appreciate the suggestions so far. None of them are bad by any means, but I'm really looking for something(/s) that quickly gets to the heart of the problem, but also give the person a sense of the "Church" as a whole.

I'm pretty familiar with most of the literature, and I can't think of any one single item that really does this: not for someone who may only have 5 minutes at best to read your letter, and cursorily glance through the links.

Hence the thread.
  6. _You_ Member

Re: The Idiot's Guide to the CofS: what're the best, the shortest, most illustrative

OP again, it's possible that the best that it's possible to do, is simply to use a small selection of items, that provide enough data, both to inform and intrigue (the hope being that the recipient will be intrigues enough to read further themselves).