Customize

The Grinstead Win Thread

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by A-non-non-anon, May 31, 2008.

1. Anonnumition Member

Re: The Grinstead Win Thread

It's relatively likely, but from what I've been reading on the site (see Tony's post above) they do try to keep relatively unbias, but I saw a couple of cases where they failed rather spectacularly- but nothing major.

On the other hand, this most probably ruffled some feathers more than usual... guess we just wait with baited breath =0
  2. Chamberlain Member

OK. Here are the articles from the papers.

Slightly disapointed with them, but apprantly the landlord for the office is a scienotologist.

protest1.jpg

protest2.jpg

Love how they completely avoided talking about our protest and just the offensive signs.

Tssssk

Roll on next one I say,

Chamberlain
  3. Re: The Grinstead Win Thread

Can you do a transcript so we can read it all, thanks for getting the paper.
  4. Chamberlain Member

Oh, the second picture is a bit screwy, it says:

"I was disappointed they chose the war memorial to stage the protest"
    - East Grinstead Police Insp Paul Scott speaking about the protest on Scientology.

That was the grumpy policemen, who's also in the picture/video asking the Anon to take down the sign. But I have it on VERY good authority he is not affiliated with Scientology.
  5. Re: The Grinstead Win Thread

Thought - One thing we were missing on 31st was the OT3 recording.

Hubbard should be posthumously there! Imagine the intro "CoS claims not to be a UFO cult. So let's hear what their founder has to say".

Then, post-broadcast, hand out CD-Rs with the Xenu story audio on them - and explain how the disc can be used as a scilon-repellant.
  6. DavidFreehug Member

7. Re: The Grinstead Win Thread

Ooooh, is that my video they're talking about?
  8. ldnanon Member

What the fuck is "UTube"? Moron.
  9. DavidFreehug Member

*makes hilarious "NO U!" joke... *

*/coat /hat /dignity /door...*
  10. Orderous Member

Considering this is the East Grinstead Courier, placed in the middle of Scilon valley UK, in a building owned by a Scilon, that's actually a really good article. We were named as polite, we got a slight free speech angle, and the reporter kept it neutral with allowing Wilson to speak out on why we were there.

But also, for everyone even clicking this thread HARPOONS!
  11. Vir Member

o5cjh3.jpg

Anyway, note that the police officer eccos the point about staying clear of the war memorial. So maybe spread out more?
  12. DavidFreehug Member

Harpooned with pleasure...
  13. Orderous Member

Don't forget that the reporter who did this story was actually waiting for us when we came, and only spoke to the copper while he was still unsure about us, if she'd spoken to him again at the end of the day I think he'd given us a lot more credit. (It was the same copper who called us the nicest protesters he'd ever had to deal with at the end of the day.)
  14. ldnanon Member

^ Good point.
  15. narCONon Member

also, notice, the caption to the picture on the right says "CULT of scientology" not church of scientology? Is dat sum win or wat?
  16. uber_anon Member

im dead pleased with the article, i honestly was expecting synos to have manipulated the article at least a bit.

the only downside is that they newspaper has completely avoided the main event, maybe it was easier to do so than to risk run ins with the local nutters, or anger anonymous, depending on what they wrote.
  17. Plups Member

18. Re: The Grinstead Win Thread

I have no problems with that article, thanks for the scans! Yes, the journalist phoned me and her quotes are accurate, as no doubt they are from Graeme Wilson.

The usual clam paranoia tells me that 'members of the public' complaining about the site were Scientologists. Wrong card to play guys, from a cult founded by a liar who lied about his war record. OK, next time we'll have some leaflets about that shall we Graeme? For the record the police never suggested an alternative site to us, so where 'disappointed' comes from I don't know.

And hey, think of all those Scientologists finding a picture of Bonnie Woods, the Most Evil Grandmother in England, in their local paper! Enough to enturbulate anyone...
  19. SweatyJon Member

Shame my "Scentogy cured my dislexia" sign didn't make it into the paper but at least my toned body did.
  20. betterwatchit Member

I'll owe you big time if you can superglue it on the 14th!
  21. Anonnumition Member

...You mean 26/07?
  22. Vir Member

No glue or sticky substances of any sort, please. Remember the code of conduct? However, making a sign which maches the background and lettering of the sign so it almost looks like an intentional correction: Potential win.
  23. ínnominata Member

Hmm... Perhaps this is me being dumb, or girly, or sleep-deprived, or too Yankee, but it seems to me that there is a simple answer to the war memorial problem:

Bring flowers and leave them there.

Obviously, spreading out and not using the memorial as a drop point are good, easy to implement ideas. But if we want to make our respect for the sacrifice represented by that memorial clear, bring a nice bunch of flowers, or ideally a poppy wreath or something, and leave it. After all, the rights of free press, speech, and choice of religion we enjoy were, not to put too fine a point on it, given to us by the war dead.

I wonder if part of it is a knee-jerk reaction to the excesses of anti-war demos?

And, obviously, sweeties and thank-you to the coppers.
  24. Re: The Grinstead Win Thread

Ooooh, I like this. After all, we are Anonymous. We do not forget.

And if it's not too tacky, we could always lay two... One for the War Dead, and one for Lisa, Kaja, Shawn, and all the others who have fallen at the hands of, or while fighting, Co$
  25. Anonnumition Member

INNOMINATA IS OFFICIALLY, LIKE, WOW.
    That is win.
    Let's doooo itttt.
  26. Re: The Grinstead Win Thread

Uhh, thing with sweets - scilons see you handing sweets to kids, 20 seconds later Chris Hanson is going to be asking you to take a seat... Might be wise not to do that

Oh, and dont put a second reef for scilon victims on the war memorial, but maybe one at the gates to castle von scifag?
  27. anonymoose Member

I agree- second wreath at the gates is better. War memorial is for war dead and wreath at gates makes point better. Great idea u guise!
  28. ínnominata Member

Aww... Shucks! Thanks, guise! :oops:

And, true, tipster, candy to kids gets you branded as pedobear's shaved cousin, which is A Bad Thing. But the local *coppers* are grown-ups. Maybe they'd like some EpicSweeties... since we can't buy them a pint, them being on duty and all. :grin:
  29. Re: The Grinstead Win Thread

Wouldn't work. I went around last time offering them Minstrels, but they all refused.
  30. Anonnumition Member

We might have to leave it at the wreaths...
  31. Lord Gnome Member

There are some good harpoons on the East Grinstead Courier web-site but expect the Scinlo's will be running a positive pr campaign and getting their members to write letters for next week's paper rubbishing the Anon's or praising LRH and his "tech..."

The U tube harpoon hit him - the inspector is now reported to have starred on You Tube....

I see the Scinlo's are down-playing the Cruise video which has now become just an anon video of an internal "church" event and the "church" had only "requested some web-sites" to remove it. Perhaps someone should post the Courier copies of the "requests" and ask how and when it became a "church" - when is a cult not a cult....?
  32. Quote Member

How to give candy to kids without looking like some freaky pedo:

Have the candy in an open basket on your arm and offer it indiscriminately.

Seriously, this is what they do at parades and things. If someone takes candy out of a bag or their pocket, warning lights go up, but if it's out of an open straw basket, it's instantly acceptable.

Wierd, isn't it?
  33. SweatyJon Member

I would have thought this would have been them trying to stay impartial more than anything else - I offered a doughnut to a police lady in London and she said she'd love to but she probably shouldn't because she'd be in trouble if the Scis got a picture of her accepting our "bribe".

Oh the glorious irony.
  34. jensting Member

35. ScudMuffin Member

Met him in West Brom. Walking up to protestors and saying "Why are spreading lies about our organisation?" is not going tp get us to stop, so I'd hate to see what one of his big PR speeches is like.
  36. annoymouse Member

isn't that a tack2 maneuver to lose a trailing PI by chaging directions in the subway? :roll: