Customize

The Grinstead Win Thread

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by A-non-non-anon, May 31, 2008.

1. Tony Yarwood Member

Re: The Grinstead Win Thread

Hi Anons

I was having a natter to the rest of the OG after the demo, we had tentatively pencilled in Sat July 26 as possibly being a good date for further enturbulations.

Many thanks to all who came, I salute you.
  2. Plups Member

Welcome, Tony~!
  3. Tony Yarwood Member

Very kind, thank you. See you all on the 14th.
  4. AnonyBee Member

Lovely Tony! Hello!

Yeah July 26th sounds far away enough to be another big win. Undoubtedly we will have a bigger turnout as word of the win spreads.
  5. Tony Yarwood Member

Hi AnonyBee

Yeah..this one was brilliant, one of the best! We came up with that date so as to be hopefully in the middle of the Anons regular ones. Nothing is set in stone though, I won't have to notify the police until the beginning of July. Hopefully now that they've seen how well you all conducted yourself they'll be a bit more accommodating. Mind you, to be fair, they did warm up a bit later, on previous trips we've never been allowed to stand in their gateway. Those photo's taken with the Cult placard covering the Co$ plaque are priceless!!
  6. asagai Member

East Winstead on 26th July looks good for us.

Tony, me and my parrot will see you in London for Operation Sea Arrrgh on the 14th!
  7. Anonnumition Member

Also, I do believe July 26th is Paulette Cooper's birthday, is it not?
    Just saying, but yeah, I agree, think that's a good date.
  8. anoneye Member

26th July? Sounds epic. Plus it's my birthday weekend, maybe I could get a birthday tour of Saint Hill!
  9. Orderous Member

I need a job in London so that I can stick around
  10. Re: The Grinstead Win Thread

I shall be there - with moar comfortable shoes this time ;)
  11. ldnanon Member

^^^ THIS!!
  12. uber_anon Member

july 26th, sounds like a date to me.
  13. AnonyBee Member

Oh wow, win for us then!

Yeah, after the EpicNoseGuy thing, being able to use CULT freely is amazing. And where better than at St Hill, I say!
  14. PJAM Member

awww yea cant wait for the next trip to Winstead!

we need some anon flags for next time, many bricks will be shat!
  15. Anonnumition Member

16. Chamberlain Member

Updated News from the Protest!

Hey guys, just got back from town, while I was in there (unmasked ofc) I decided to go to Wickerdens, which was that lovely sweet shop you are now all familar with. Funny enough I go in there alot but this was the first time ????? (won't say his name because of spys) saw me in a while and was mildly shocked when I told him I was present at saturdays protest.

I sent on my thanks for his resilience and he was most grateful. I mentioned we'll be coming back in the near future too.

Also, word from the streets is, protest was good, but some people found it a tad disrespectful doing at the war memorial, I for one don't. But I got a feeling those people were pro-sci and were looking for a angle.

I propose that at all future East Grinstead protests, newbies shall have to:

1. Go and purchase items from Wickerdens (opposite the protest spot) and say thanks to the owners.

2. Walk to Saint Hill. "It's just 10 minutes".

Also welcome Tony!

Chamberlain
  17. Anonnumition Member

As we said to that woman right at the beginning who yelled at us for being at the war memorial, about free speech and that- we are expressing our speech freely, as the victims of the war fought for! So it is actually a quite appropriate place IMHO- the only people who would say it isn't is well, pro-scis, as you said- as they're the only ones who see it as "hate crimes".
  18. AnonyBee Member

I actually just finished a little note from Anonymous to the sweet shop man saying thanks for being so lovely and to expect us back, probably in July.

Also sent one to Oxfam man who let me use his toilet and offered to make tea and coffee.
  19. Orderous Member

A couple of the store owners were a bit concerned about loosing business due to people not moving any further than the spectacle that was us. (The woman who told me was not pro-sci, I had talked to her earlier.) Basically, they had no problem with us being there but it dragged on a bit, so I think if the march to St. Hill starts a bit earlier next time it will be perfect for all involved.

And the interview at the end of the latest video posted has to be seen!
  20. SweatyJon Member

Excellent video. I'm still waiting for the "Anonymous trapses through the countryside and complains incessantly" video.

The guy in the sunglasses is the guy I was talking about earlier - he gave me his phone number and said he'd be up for doing a proper sit-down interview at some point or coming to London in July to do interviews with the press.
  21. Vir Member

Well I wouldn't crawl over the memorial or place flyers or stuff on it, but just being next to it should be fine.
  22. adeathofcult Member

The Candy Lady was really cool :)

And the guy with the story... pure win.
  23. Anony-Nony-No Member

i'm 100% up for all of that!

July!

as for the war memorial...
    not sure how grinstead is laid out but could we move up and down the main street and around a bit... or given how i highly suspect there will be over 9000 people at the next one, several different places..

who knows

i dunno.

*gets high on cake*
  24. Re: The Grinstead Win Thread

Could well be able to make the 26th. Would love to go visit our pals at castle von scifag
  25. Anonnumition Member

Anony-Nony-No: The high street isn't the greatest for mass numbers of people to be traipsing up and down. The widest part of the pavement is at the war memorial, and that's still not particularly large.

Anoneye and I went for a walkabout during the protest and really, there isn't much around and no very good places to do as you say- we walked through a residential bit for just less than an hour and I swear we only ever came across about 7 pedestrians at the most... not very much traffic on the roads either.
  26. Orderous Member

The point isn't so much to be flyering and bringing information out to everyone anyway. As was seen on saturday the people in East Grinstead are either scifags or they love us. The whole point is more to simply be there; "yes, we know that this is the place with the largest concentration of scifags outside of Clearwater, but guess what. We're still here!"
  27. AnonyBee Member

I'm just gonna throw this out there:

Fuck it, go with the War Memorial.

Only one nutter had a problem with us being there, we cleaned up ALL our rubbish, we didn't "deface" it, and most of us were on the pavement next to it anyway.

Everywhere else seems to be crappy for standing around, it's really the only open space there is along the high street, anywhere else we go will be less high profile.
  28. Re: The Grinstead Win Thread

The thing is, the ideal place to protest in EG would be the child mental abuse Effective Education Centre where our group first met the Scilons without the comfort of the OG and the rest of the anons. It's between the train station and the war memorial. But as someone has mentioned, it is way too narrow on the road and the buildings was v& anyway.

Perhaps, perhaps we should just say off the actual memorial a bit and move up, further along the road. I mean, fuck the haters, they are blatantly scilons, but let's not give them an excuse to spread lies and shit around the delightful little town that is East Grinstead.

But I agree with the date and plan to go to Cult Hall sooner than last time, I felt we were getting a bit apathetic towards the end in the town on Saturday.

Also something to take into consideration would be the amount of people who would want to come along. I think we have proved to the rest of the nodnol crowd that protesting outside worldwide Cult HQ #2 is so win it hurts. Might there be issues with the size of the protest or marching or whatever?

Crikey that was a long post, okay

tl;dr:
    good plans so far,
    future crowd size an issue?
    move it up the road a bit to prevent Scilon bawwwing?
  29. auchraw Member

This is where to get to them, no doubt. I feel really sorry for the RPFers and EPFers, sweating away on such a nice day with freedom just outside the fence.

I suppose the whole thing would be covered by medical confidentiality but I read somewhere that the A&E unit at East Grinstead (or wherever locally) gets a lot of referrals from SHM, including a lot of attempted suicides. Could the trustees be given a rundown on what is probably happening at Saint Hill and what they could possibly do to help these cases?
  30. Anonnumition Member

@CA: I was thinking about the crowd size... what we had last time was enough, and not too much- it's all well and good people saying they want to take part like this, but is it really going to help? =\ It's a complicated situation though, don't want to deny it to people, but at the same time I don't see it being feasible to have so many Anons descending on such a small place- and we were concerned enough about losing people while on the hike with just about 30 of us...
  31. drillerkiller Member

I hope we go back to the war memorial so we can go back to Wickendens sweet shop :D
  32. Re: The Grinstead Win Thread

Jeez, that is a good point. You have to feel sorry for the towns people I guess. (the ones who aren't enturbulated as hell)

As for loosing people if/when we get a bigger crowd. I don't even know what to do about that, further rural organisation involving names/phone numbers for safety or whatever will seriously impact upon our anonymity - the thing we care enough about to wander about a freaking forest wearing masks.

Old guard or confidently stewarding anons as 'herders' might work I guess.. something to think about.
  33. AnonOutreach Member

That's just stupid.

If we're anonymous--how do they know us without masks. OOOOOOO we might be infiltrating--anonymously. We might be buying sweets at YOUR store!

Feel the paranoia
    :secret::secret::secret:
  34. Anonnumition Member

@CA again: It would still be a hell of a job and I'm not convinced.
    Basically, pulling out a bit of Plato's philosophy here- but the best way to make a good change is to force upon people what is needed, and that occasionally might not be they don't want.

And then from this point, it would have to be decided who is to go... Gah -headtable-
    Stupid Scilons putting their stupid base in such a small and forested place ¬_¬
    Almost like they did it on purpose... :roll:
  35. AnonOutreach Member

Would you agree to let your 14-year-old daughter or sister bathe a naked, middle-aged man who holds a position of power in her life? What is it called when a priest/minister does this?

It is legally, sexual abuse of a minor in most countries.

That is a fact.

It's not an equal power relationship in any way, shape or form.
  36. SweatyJon Member

If the number are going to increase, ask the police where they think the best place would be.

Personally I say stay around the war memorial because its the only place where there's space. Only one person had a problem with it last time and that was some fat cow who was probably a Sci anyway.

We definitely shouldn't impose an upper limit on numbers. If there are too many people just dispatch a contingent to Saint Hill earlier - that way, we can call them when the rest are heading up, and they can move round the back, so we're enturbulating them from all angles.

The response the first time was really good so if we keep it up we might become a staple of the East Grinstead landscape (It's only a small town remember), which would hopefully inspire more locals to stand up to them.
  37. anonbeds Member

How about a plan to have one group at Saint Hill and another in the town centre - and swap them halfway through the day?
  38. anonbeds Member

Where's the War Memorial on this Google Earth contraption, then?
  39. Tony Yarwood Member

Hi again Anon

There's no question about it, a massive win for Anon, no Saturday liberties for the scilons to go parading around East Grinstead in their uniforms, OSA getting a bollocking for letting it all happen!

I think everybody is thinking along the right track, the memorial is the right place. OK we might have to spread up the road a bit and maybe leave a bit earlier to go to St Hill.

I've got a feeling that's why the police mellowed a bit, after they saw how clean we left the memorial.

Much kudos to Richard for showing us how to get to the back which was fantastic. They'll not have had protesters quite so in their face and in their backyard for many a long year. Also now that we've got an aerial map I think we could shorten the traipse considerably by going in the way we came out, via the cricket club. Either doing the front gate first or leaving it until later.

I'll leave informing the Police until the first week in July, that way we'll hopefully have a better idea as to how many might be turning up.

Many thanks to all of you for your warm welcome to this forum.