Customize

The Gi-fraking-normous Woll Smoth media MEGATHREAD

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by monamia, Jun 29, 2008.

1. QAnon Member

Re: New 7/3 LA Times More Will Smith & mentions Anonymous

Makes perfect sense. W/C "agitprop", plz. Gained popularity back in the 1920s due to the agitating and propaganda activities of Comintern agents. The Commies loved acronyms and portmanteau words, just like Scientology, in fact.

So, are Anonymous agitprop provocateurs?

Are we agitating people? Look at the name of this website.

Are we pushing propaganda? Well, some may see it that way. No matter how much we try to follow Andreas' dictum of presenting both sides so that people can make up their own minds, we do tend to focus on the negative aspects of Scientology.

Are we provocateurs? Hell, yes, we are. Street theater, attractive videos, masks and costumes, theme protests...definitely provocateurs.

So, yes, Anonymous are agitprop provocateurs. And, personally, I'm damn proud to be called one.
  2. SP_thats_me Member

Re: The Gi-freaking-normous Will Smith is-he-or-isn't-he media MEGATHREAD

Hancock Opens at the #2 spot, behind a Disney robot

Daily Box Office for Tuesday, July 1, 2008

EDIT: Fuck. nevermind. I didn't realise Tuesday wasn't its wide release.
  3. Re: New 7/3 LA Times More Will Smith & mentions Anonymous

QAnon: "Are we provocateurs? Hell, yes, we are. Street theater, attractive videos, masks and costumes, theme protests...definitely provocateurs."

Right on, QAnon. I'm a latecomer to the Enturbulation/Anonymous movement, and an early, early swallower of the $cientology Kool-Aid. (Saint Hill - late 60's - ASHO early 70's.)
    Thoughout recorded history, it has been the unpaid, independent, courageous provocateurs who have brought about significant change to government, religion and society.
    It's my belief, had there been an Internet in 1950-51, Hubbard would never have been able to foist "Dianetics" as 'workable therapy' on the world. And Googling 'Scientologie' would have shattered that petrie dish shell-game in a scientific minute. (See Jon Atack's 'A Piece of Blue Sky')
    Now, after living in fear of the cult's heinous 'fair game' policies for 40 plus years, and emboldened by Arnie Lerma, Lund-Held, Enturbulation, ExScientologyKids.com, ExScientology Message Board, YouTube, Anonymous and our newest hero, Jason Begue, we oldtimers can emerge from our closets and begin to tell it like it is, was and never should have been.
    Vivat Provocateurs! Vivat Anonymous! :hooray:
  4. AnonymousNow Member

Re: New 7/3 LA Times More Will Smith & mentions Anonymous

"agitprop"

Two problems with this term. First, it initially was used to refer to Communist propaganda. Second, it infers that the "propagandist" is on equal moral footing or lower moral footing than its target. Human rights protesters is obviously more appropriate.
  5. AnonMSW Member

http://www.montereyherald.com/state/ci_9774018

The local press in California is getting involved now too. The article is basically a summary of all the press in the last many days. I've excerpted the end part where they get to the meat of the matter regarding how the school administration and the outside world are reacting.

From the article:

New Village plans to have nonprofit status (meaning they apparently do not have it yet), as well as accreditation from the California Association of Independent Schools, which demands strict accountability (stats?) and an on-site visit by a team of educators (who?).

The success of a new school is not guaranteed, noted association Executive Director Jim McManus. Many fail after a few years, and it remains to be seen how the Smith cachet will affect enrollment.

Olivier is a respected educator, McManus said. "I think she's really energetic, hardworking and in tune with evolving research and responsible trends in education," he said.

The New Village curriculum includes literacy and math, and subjects such as living skills, Spanish, karate, yoga, robotics, technology, etiquette and art. Parental involvement is encouraged, as is limited access to television and sugary foods.

But critics contend that the school is not being honest about its links to Scientology. David S. Touretzky, a professor of computer science at Carnegie Mellon University, created a Web site that dissects study technology and asserts that it is Scientology religion disguised as education.

Touretzky said many phrases and concepts on the school's Web site are specific to Scientology. For example, the school lists a "Director of Qualifications" and another teacher who is an assistant in the "Qual" department. The "Qual," said Touretzky, is where people who have completed a Scientology counseling, or "auditing," session or a course in the Church of Scientology are tested by a qualifications teacher.

"There is no reputable educator anywhere who endorses (study technology)," said Touretzky, a vocal critic of Scientology. "What happens is that children are inculcated with Scientology jargon and are led to regard L.R. Hubbard as an authority figure. They are laying the groundwork for later bringing people into Scientology."

A spokeswoman for the Church of Scientology, Karin Pouw, denied Touretzky's assertions and said the teaching methods are not religious and are widely used in schools around the world.

(Optional add end)

Ron Reynolds, executive director of the California Association of Private School Organizations, which represents primarily independent religious schools, said all schools should strive for transparency.

"I know next to nothing about Scientology, but if you're using some method or technology closely associated with Scientology and Scientology is characterized as a church or religious body, it raises a question if they proclaim themselves as other than religious," Reynolds said. He has not seen the school's Web site.

"I don't want to insinuate the school is failing to disclose anything. But as a matter of good practice, if a school has an affiliation, it would behoove it to expose it."

So a question occurs:

If it isn't Scientology then why is Scientology commenting, and if it is Scientology and used widely all over the world, why is there absolutely no evidence / study to suggest it fucking works?

The school apparently hasn't yet achieved non-profit / tax-exempt status yet. We should be looking into this with an eye toward challenging their attempt to achieve it.
  6. anymauser Member

So? Is he or isn't he? I was talking to a former boss and she said she is. She is not anon or know about the Anon v Scilon thing, but she reads the gossip rags..

I was surprised to hear that she believed so. But anyways..is he or isn't he?
  7. AnonMSW Member

Posted to show the spillover into Christendom.

Will Smith-Funded School Raises Flags Over Scientology Ties| Christianpost.com

From the article:

LOS ANGELES – A new private school founded by popular actors Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith has set off a Hollywood media frenzy over its alleged ties to the controversial “Church” of Scientology.

The New Village Academy in Calabasas, Calif., which the Smiths have poured nearly $1 million into building, will open Sept. 3 and use teaching methods developed by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.

Although both Smiths have claimed not to be Scientologists and the academy’s director school insists the facility has no religious affiliation, news of the school’s controversial curriculum has raised flags.

A chopped down version of the LA Times article. Comments section available but required registration. Interestingly, the mods of the site state:

"Please help us to monitor our message boards by flagging Abusive, Spam, Offensive, Illegal, Racist or Libellous Posts," so it's probably one of those 2-flags and we remove your comment ones.
  8. Re: The Gi-freaking-normous Will Smith is-he-or-isn't-he media MEGATHREAD

I'd lean towards yes, between the funding of the fail academy and his giving Hancock film crew the dubious gift of "free stress test" cards. Even if he's not, he's been doing plenty to spread their bullshit around (perhaps to keep Jada happy?) so he might as well be.
  9. AnonMSW Member

10. Re: New 7/3 LA Times More Will Smith & mentions Anonymous

^^This!

Any lurking ex-members reading this. Anonymous has another TR for you. It is called TR-BWAHAHAHAHAHAH, and it goes as follows:

Point out your finger to something, anything related to the cult and go like this: BWAHAHAHAHAHAH at the top of your lungs. Repeat as often as you feel like it.

I promise, it will feel very, very good!
  11. AnonMSW Member

Re: The Gi-freaking-normous Woll Smoth media MEGATHREAD

Scientology "Study Tech": Start the brainwashing early : Indybay

The latest contribution from Dr. von Marcab...

Scientology "Study Tech": Start the brainwashing early
    by Dr. Lilly von Marcab
    Thursday Jul 3rd, 2008 10:55 PM

"The entertainment newswires have been buzzing recently with a story that is actually of some social significance. Hollywood movie star Will Smith is founding an elite new private school in the Los Angeles suburbs, to be called the New Village Academy (NVA).Among several other teaching methods, NVA will emphasize something called "Study Tech," a mode of instruction developed by L. Ron Hubbard, founder of the Scientology cult. Study Tech is nothing less than a way to make children think like Scientologists."

Full content of this well done press release can be seen at the link above.
  12. AnonMSW Member

Black Chronicle

From the article...

Mr. Smith has been taking more knocks than usual, primarily for his ties to Cruise and speculation that he has converted to Scientology.

But Mr. Smith, who was raised Baptist and said he remains Christian (he co-founded the non-denominational Christian church, Living Waters, in San Fernando Valley), takes such gossip about as seriously as he does marauding space creatures.

“You have to let that roll off you,” he said. “There’s a natural narcotic my brain must pump, because negativity doesn’t last.

The remainder of the article may be seen at the link above.

An example of how the African American community is a long way from disbelieving the "Fresh Prince's" shuck and jive about $cientology.

Comments are open and no registration is required, however I suggest that we treat this as instructionally / factually as possible.
  13. AnonMSW Member

Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos

ORIGINAL ARTICLE: July 3, 2008, 1707 PM

Will Smith Talks Playing Anti-Superhero ‘Hancock’

Pinkett Smith, 36, said the children were unfazed by Hancock’s in-prison therapy sessions.

“The unfortunate part is that they know all about rehab because of (our) family members, so it wasn’t a foreign concept to them,” she said. “They totally understand and got it.”

More available in the article at the above link.

Comments:

WTF! "In prison therapy sessions?" I hate to say it, but someone's going to have to go see this film to find out whether or not they resemble CrimAnon. Moreover, which family members is she referring to and are they CrimAnon or NarCONon graduates or what??

VERY STRANGELY, when pulled up searching GoogleNews keyword: "Will Smith" Scientology, the description that comes up for this article on google is...

"... some have criticized for his passionate stand on Scientology. Access' Shaun Robinson sits down with Will Smith to discuss his latest film, "I Am Legend. ..."

Now check me if I am wrong, but his latest film isn't "I am Legend."
  14. xenucam Member

15. AnonMSW Member

Re: Washington Post Online "Insta-Poll: Can Will Weather a Scientology Storm?"

Poll Results as of 4 July 2008, 1200 HRS

Yes, I'm more likely to see his movies now. 3%
    Yes, I'm less likely to see his movies now. 56%
    No change. 40%

Total Votes: 2,026

My feeling / hope is it's not just us voting. That's a reasonably large N (number of votes) for a non-random sample population.

Amazing that 3% of people will be more likely to see his movie now that they know he's a $cientology supporter. THIS IS AN INDICATOR OF WHY WE NEED TO BE PAINFULLY AWARE AND CHALLENGE CELEBRITOLOGISTS AT EVERY TURN. Scientologists aren't 3% of anything, so it may well be that people who've been suckered by Smoth are even now being drawn into the cult and representing it by voting.
  16. Robert S Member

Re: Washington Post Online "Insta-Poll: Can Will Weather a Scientology Storm?"

There are some comments by regular joes that get through, I think!
  17. Ottanon Member

More from the article...

---

“Hancock” co-star Charlize Theron considers Mr. Smith’s spell on fans almost cult-like.

“He’s making them drink the Kool-Aid,” she said.

---

Making them drink whose Kool-Aid, Charlize?
  18. xenucam Member

19. heynonnymous Member

Re: times.online.uk "Will Smith's School deserves to avoid cult status"

Possibly awesome.

It might be some of that Machiavellian criticism in which the author appears to be on your side, but is actually calling out everything you do.

I mean, He invites professional investigation of the study tech--he KNOWS where that will go---But with this oblique stance, who will dead-agent/fair game/sue him?

It's actually a pretty smart move for someone who wants to get people thinking without endangering himself.
  20. AnonMSW Member

Bad reporting is bad. WTF is up with Canada today?

It seems Smith does no wrong in long career

Smith will always be a top star

Will Smith: So perfect it's disgusting

From the article:

Recently, Smith appeared to be edging closer to the cliff of kookiness when he was rumoured to be a Scientologist -- a clear liability in the pop culture column if Tom Cruise's battered public image is any indication. The rumour started as a result of a new school Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett-Smith plan to open this fall. According to news reports, the alternative school uses techniques developed by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard and includes some staff members who are Scientologists. Smith and his wife assured fans they are not Scientologists.

They merely felt the method Hubbard espoused had some upsides -- notably, the emphasis on hands-on experience, thorough knowledge of a given subject before moving on, and not reading past unknown words.

"New Village Academy was born of a simple question," said Smith in a statement. "Is it possible to create an educational environment in which children have fun learning? Jada and I believe the answer is yes."

Subsequent reports have confirmed the school is secular and staff was hired from all religious and cultural backgrounds -- clearing Smith of Scientology scandal.

Comments: There's no place for reader comments. Perhaps CanadAnons should step up and correct their countrymen's shoddy reporting. So far, the only "subsequent reports" which have "confirmed the school is secular" have only come from one source, the school itself!

Bad reporting is bad reporting. Email these people and ask them just what "sources" they're quoting that have "cleared" the school.
  21. Pelvidar Member

Xenucam, that shit is hilarious. Keep 'em coming :)
  22. xenucam Member

the shocking 4 part story of the new kid at s¢ientology high.
    comedic parody:
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
  23. auchraw Member

I have lost it but somewhere in this great pile of Woll Smoth ephemera is a video of a press conference or walkabout with our hero in a very sharp suit, his lady in a very nice dress, and his kiddies doing strange things in the background. They are surrounded by Scientologists and friends including Kirstie Alley (talking on mobile phone, to left), Pat Kingsley, the elderly lady clutching his arm (about 10 per cent resemblance to Tory Magoo) who is also Tom Cruise's publicity agent (then ex then on again), and Connor Cruise who played Woll's younger self in something or another.
  24. AnonMSW Member

^ FIND IT NAO PL0X!!! Would love to see it / disseminate it very broadly. We need to slice stills out of it with the whole crew present.
  25. Anonyneko Member

Woll Smoth: "What is this? A center for ants? How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read... if they can't even fit inside the building?"

Contractor: Uhh will, this is a mod-

Woll Smoth: "I don't wanna hear your excuses! The building has to be at least... three times bigger than this! "
  26. AnonMSW Member

Ok, now this is strange...

From the article / blurb:

Will Smith determined to be honest about how he feels.

‘Our perspective is, you don’t avoid what’s natural and you’re going to be attracted to people,’ Will explains.

‘So sometimes we have the discussion: “Wow, this or that girl is freaking gorgeous”. I’m not going to say anything to my buddies that’s any different than what I say to my wife.’

And Will, 39, reckons he'll tell Jada - and she'll tell him - if they ever feel the need to have sex with others, NOW reports.

Each will say: 'I’m not going to do it if you don’t approve of it,’ he says.

Comment: This looks like a fanzine site I guess, but that sure in an interesting quote. Could this be the Smothster is setting up the foreplay for upcoming tabloid revelations?

Heh.. total speculation is sometimes good for the soul. :smile:
  27. churchlady Member

Re: The Gi-fraking-normous Woll Smoth media MEGATHREAD

While waiting in line at the grocery store yesterday, I had a chance encounter with an insider at the Las Virgenes school district. That is the district Will rented his school site from. Turns out, there have been some delays and New Villiage Idiot Academy will not be up and running this month as planned. In fact, a direct quote is "the project has been put on hold." They may not be moved in until Aug. 1. That really makes it difficult for parents who are looking for a school for the upcoming school year.

Let's all pat ourselves on the back. We are winning this one.

:hooray:
  28. nala.smithee Member

Somebody in Detroit should cap this:
    My TV20 Detroit Detroit, MI

EDIT:
    Apparently it's a rerun... and it's on nationwide on MyTV.
    Celebrity Expose - Will Smith & Jada Pinkett Smith - Yahoo! TV

Regardless, we should cap it if nobody already has (can't find it anywhere).
  29. upwill Member

30. AnonMSW Member

I'm confused as to why they're bothering to re-run this interview. We already saw Smith ingratiate himself to the world about his love for his bffl Tom "The Whack Job" Cruise, so I guess this is a short term attempt to rewrite history without having to put more film in the can?
  31. monamia Member

Nice nice work churchlady. We need to stay on top of this--there are sneaky mo-fuhs out there. NO ONE in their RIGHT MIND will pull their kids from the area public schools for this double digit IQ experiment. I think they are going to POUNCE on the less advantaged than the kids over there in yer hood.

Still: yes, we proceed with our constant vigilance. We keep the pressure ON. Where are the heavier populations of African Americans in the Valley? Van Nuys? That's where they may target with *scholarships* etc. just to get the school going.

Was the person neutral in *attitude* on the subject? Did they seem aware of the buzz around it. [Fine to skip---for privacy]
  32. JFawkeson Member

CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

Sorry. :lol:
  33. Hieronymous Member

"Principal Skinner these books are worthless!"

"The kids have to learn about Battlefield Earth someday"
  34. AnonMSW Member

'Cruise and Smith to make a film' | Metro.co.uk

The very short article:

'Cruise and Smith to make a film'
    Monday, July 7, 2008

Tom Cruise is set to forge an even closer bond to Will Smith after the Hancock actor said the pair are planning a film project together.

Smith, 39, says: 'Me and Tom have to work together. I think that would just be genius. We have been pitching some ideas back and forth and trying to find a movie that will be big enough for both of us.'

A new school funded by Smith and his wife, Jada Pinkett, was recently forced to deny it was affiliated to Cruise's Scientologist church.

Comments are open.
  35. xBLiTZxKRiEGx Member

I hate this, will smith is in my commercials, on the door when i walk into best buy, on the front page of imdb... i cannot escape his success.
    so i say, inb4 declining career.
    I think, the deeper you go into scientology, the worse your life will become.
    so good run will smith, i'm sorry we couldn't save you.
  36. Borealis Member

Not only his connection to scientology, but his insistence on promoting his friendship with that nutjob cruise will also drag him down, career-wise.

What people in general need to realise is that celebrity doesn't equal 'wise' or 'intelligent'. Smith is an actor. That's all. Ok so he's a pretty good one, but that doesn't make him an expert on anything, especially education. There are people who are far more intelligent and educated than him, whom others could better use as a role-model. I'm not saying actors are all dumb - there are some notable exceptions - but as a rule, people who go into acting do so because they are good at pretending to be someone else, playing a role, rather than being academically inclined.

If I was going to send my kid to a private school founded by someone famous, it would be someone famous for their intellect and wisdom, not someone famous for pretending to be someone else.
  37. Re: The Gi-fraking-normous Woll Smoth media MEGATHREAD

Wow, I guess Will is desperate to get rid of that pesky career of his.
  38. Re: The Gi-fraking-normous Woll Smoth media MEGATHREAD

"how can you know nothing about scientology...." First off how can woll even assume that scientologys critics know nothing about it?? I find it funny that is always the celebrity excuse ...."oh you just dont know" like we are all stupid.............
  39. exOT8Michael Member

Looks like Wool Smooth is getting the wool pulled over his eyes.
    Thing is, when he wakes up to the scam there Will be hell to pay...
  40. xenucam Member

looks like harpoons have been launched on wills fansite!
    Will Smith :: Messages