Customize

The Gi-fraking-normous Woll Smoth media MEGATHREAD

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by monamia, Jun 29, 2008.

1. AnonZombie Member

Re: Defamer: "Is Will Smith Training Your Kids To Build An Army Of Evil Robots?"

I lawled. :fuckyou:
  2. AnonMSW Member

Will is Jada's "Captain Correction" - Scientology Anyone?

Jada Pinkett Smith's 'Captain' Will | The List

Here's what "The List" has to say...

Jada Pinkett Smith calls husband Will Smith 'Captain Correction'.

The actress - who has two children, Jaden, nine, and eight-year-old Willow, with the 'Hancock' star, and is stepmother to his 15-year-old son Willard - says Will always thinks he is right and is forever pointing out people's mistakes to them.

She told US TV show 'Extra': "I call him 'Captain Correction' because he knows everything. He's always correcting you on something. Some fact, or the way you pronounce a word."

Jada has also denied reports the couple have opened a Scientology school, insisting its curriculum is based on a variety of religions.

Jada - who is a devout follower of the controversial faith - said: "It's a completely secular school. We have Muslims, Jews, Buddhists - I don't discriminate against anyone."

Will and Jada donated $1 million to California's New Village Academy of Calabasas, where pupils are taught using several different teaching methods including 'Study Technology' - a learning method which was developed by the bizarre sci-fi cult's late creator L. Ron Hubbard.

It is also claimed at least six members of staff employed at the $11,659-a-year private academy are members of the religion.

First you clear your Misunderstoods... sounds pretty familiar doesn't it? Has anybody checked where Smith himself went to school as a child?

Comments require registering and as yet there are none. Feel free.
  3. AnonymousNow Member

Re: Defamer: "Is Will Smith Training Your Kids To Build An Army Of Evil Robots?"

Defamer scores against COS, making fun of the educational regime.

Most LRH tech is just describing what already exists and disguising the fact that it already exists by using either novel terms, or completely made up words-- i.e. teach your child words applicable to the assignment, review what the child fails to understand.
  4. Re: Fox News' Roger Freidman Weighs In with "Will Smith: Getting His $100 Goat"

rescuegoats.jpg.gif
  5. anonEmouser Member

Re: Will is Jada's "Captain Correction" - Scientology Anyone?

Meh, I just took it more as "Will acts like a smartass a lot."
  6. Anonyneko Member

fix'd
  7. monamia Member

So she admits to being one? And what about their kids?
    Are their children going to attend that *home* school?
  8. churchlady Member

Re: LA Times on Smith's Scientology School: Just Up

I read in the Ventura Co. Star article that NVA will be getting keys to the actual school site this month. We need to keep a daily watch on the place to see when they move in. According to NVA site, they are taking appointments for tours of the school.

Great places for churchladies who lunch over there.

:twisted:
  9. monamia Member

Soon, CL.
  10. Sargo Member

^THIS^
  11. me57 Member

i totally agree with You We need to inform All People in the Neighborhoods where the scientology cult front schools are know what These Precious Beautuiful Innocent Children will be subject to. i have saved many pages regarding scientology and all their fronts to inform People in All the Neighborhoods concerned as well as leaving flyers at Stores and such That will Let Me do so. God Bless
  12. anonEmouser Member

Hmm..I guess that solves the accrediting problem--call it one ginormous homeschool and take the exams, problem solved.

Still, this begs the question: where do you have to stop calling it "home schooling" and call it a "private school"? Also, are parents informed that this is basically held together (credentials-wise) by the home school curriculum?
  13. argh Member

I'm a bit of a pedant, doesn't make me a scientologist, just makes me annoying.
  14. twistedpuppet Member

As far as I know, it's only considered home schooling if you are the one teaching your child. What they have is a charter school, it appears.
  15. Anne Ominous Member

I still vote IRL trolling/special silent or ex-oriented picket on the first day. We can save the Fresh Prince if we really make him feel the pain with his school full of cultheads.
  16. Malle Member

17. SLOJOE Member

Re: Fox News' Roger Freidman Weighs In with "Will Smith: Getting His $100 Goat"

The DownWinds...Whew..
  18. AnonMSW Member

First ADMISSION of CHOICE by Smith's to "incorporate aspects of Scientology into" NVA

Hollywood Today: Will Smith’s New Film and School Both Creating a Stir

CALABASAS, CA (Hollywood Today) 7/2/08 – He once told Blender magazine that he thought a lot of ideas espoused by close friend Tom Cruise’s controversial faith were “brilliant,” “revolutionary” and “non-religious,” so it’s not a complete surprise that “Hancock” star Will Smith and wife Jada have decided to incorporate aspects of Scientology into their soon-to-open private elementary school.

His new movie “Hancock,” where he plays a grumpy, drunken superhero, has a two-thirds rotten rate on Rotten Tomatoes with both critics and readers. “Mr. July” may have missed a season on this one, though our critic liked it (see related HT story), and Smith’s legion of fans will not stay away. But don’t expect “Independence Day.”

The Los Angeles Times reported Sunday that Calabasas, CA’s New Village Academy, which will teach children up to the sixth grade when it opens in September, will use “study technology” as one of several teaching methods. The technique, promoted by the Church of Scientology and created by founder L. Ron Hubbard, focuses on looking up unfamiliar words in a dictionary (rather than relying on context), giving students hands-on access to subject-related items, using clay models to demonstrate ideas and ensuring students have completely grasped a concept before allowing them to move on. Because definitive scientific data regarding study technology is unavailable, its effectiveness as compared to other instructional approaches is unclear.

Regardless of the inclusion of study technology at New Village Academy and the hiring of Church of Scientology members as part of the faculty, school head Jacqueline Olivier told the newspaper that no religion would be taught at the facility and it would have no spiritual affiliation.

This isn’t the first time Smith and his wife have supported Scientology-associated education, having donated $20,000 to support a literacy program run by the church in 2005, according to Fox News. Despite this, Smith told World Entertainment News Network in 2006 that he and his spouse “[didn’t] necessarily believe in organized religion” and were not planning to convert.

---

NOW - tell me this isn't Scientology at work and that there's nothing to worry about with the Fresh Prince. This wasn't just something that "slipped through the cracks," it was a CHOICE! The school's Head says there's no religion going to be taught there, yet completely glosses over the reality that Scientology couched as a teaching methodology is in fact "dissemination" of religious dogma in its purest form.

The Smith's, "have decided to incorporate certain aspects...!" Great choice. Maybe next they'll become Holocaust deniers or begin to blame the Psychs.

Bad choice is bad.
  19. auchraw Member

Does anyone else think the Smiths are nice but kinda dim bulbs?
  20. ANonScilon Member

Re: First ADMISSION of CHOICE by Smith's to "incorporate aspects of Scientology into"

Well, there was one bit of truth in the article...

"Jacqueline Olivier told the newspaper that no religion would be taught at the facility"

Scientology isn't a religion, after all (except when they need tax exemption...).
  21. Re: Defamer: "Is Will Smith Training Your Kids To Build An Army Of Evil Robots?"

Robots kick ass. Its too bad that they'll all have thetans.
  22. Ottanon Member

Observe their feeble attempt to counter your statement of truth with this convoluted gobbletygook:

"People tend to think study technology is a subject, but it is really just the way the subject is taught," Olivier said. "They then come to the conclusion that we are teaching Scientology when actually a methodology doesn't have anything to do with content."

Weaselly hosebag! You are teaching $cientology! Hubtoad's zero-think methodology is meant to supersede the content. The desired result is a Rondroid attitude no matter what the content.
  23. Vir Member

Well if they let a herd of goats run wild they would eat up asbestos in the course of a few weeks, as long as they put up scaffolding so they can reach the ceilings.
  24. churchlady Member

Thanks for the great laugh!!!!:hooray:
  25. Relyt Member

Re: First ADMISSION of CHOICE by Smith's to "incorporate aspects of Scientology into"

We should start showing everyone that it's the study tech itself that is questionable. Religion or not, their style of education is destructive.
  26. AnonMSW Member

What I don't get is how a woman with an apparent (unconfirmed as yet) Doctorate in Education can rationalize utilizing a "study technology" for which there is little if any evidence other than it's piss poor performance in NCLB into curriculum. We're working on verifying credentials in another thread, but I'd get sued for malpractice if I did that sort of non-evidence based mental masturbation with my clients.
  27. AnonMSW Member

Holy shit, Batman! I think you just solved the entire asbestos abatement issue ChurchLady!!! srsly!

I wonder if anybody ever bothered to think about low tech solutions?

a) spray asbestos with yummy flavor for goat

b) turn loose goats

c) clean up goot poo

We need to see about getting a patent right away before $cientology steals it out from under us!
  28. SLOJOE Member

Lots of Balloons and a balloon artist...hmmm how bout a tin foil hat maker.
  29. YourMother Member

New 7/3 LA Times More Will Smith & mentions Anonymous

Will Smith tries to stay in front of the Scientology curve - Los Angeles Times

Nice Article. Click on link for full article.

.....At a time when the Church of Scientology is facing the worst public image crisis in its 56-year history -- under attack by embittered former church members, facing down Internet onslaught from a cabal of faceless online agitprop provocateurs who call themselves Anonymous and embarrassed by the leak of a video of Cruise convulsively extolling Scientology's virtues -- Smith has allied himself with the religion in several different ways. The moves have led some celeb watchers including Ben Widdicombe, then of the New York Daily News, to conclude the star is actively recruiting for the church.....
  30. AnonMSW Member

Re: New 7/3 LA Times More Will Smith & mentions Anonymous

Can you say DAMAGE CONTROL???

Too fucking late Mr. Smith. You should have bailed out months ago when we were begging "your people" to tell you about this website and to get you some true information about the causes you support.

Cat's out of bag and shitstorm is off the port bow. Get out your muckboots, because it's only going to get higher and deeper unless you immediately reverse course and take a REAL look at what you've not only now gotten yourself into, but at the risk you are taking with children.

From the article:

"Like Barack Obama, who has become a lightning rod for innuendo over the course of his rapid political ascent, Smith's spirituality, domestic union with wife Jada Pinkett Smith and even his sexual orientation have been raked for muck. So much so that it has lead some industry observers to wonder: Can Will Smith withstand the unique pressures and vagaries of being No. 1? Moreover, is a Will Smith backlash inevitable?"

My comment:

What the article fails to realize is that this is not a "Will Smith backlash," but rather the inevitable result of celebrities "going" $cientology.

Tom Cruise set a new benchmark for career suicide and laid out a map. Smart people who care about their personal safety and sanity would do well to make sure they stay off the same roads when traveling toward enlightenment.
  31. Re: New 7/3 LA Times More Will Smith & mentions Anonymous

Great! More of this "Will Smith = Scientologist" branding and we're gonna get ourselves another Tom Cruise!

Incidentally, am I the only one who thinks it's strangely tragic that the Fresh Prince and Bel-Air'ing, who was a beloved meme to Anonymous, now knows about Anonymous whom he was a beloved meme to? I'm sure someone internet savvy in his staff must have some clue and he had been told.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
  32. eksef Member

You cannot mention scientology without the 6 fucking global protests. Beautiful.
  33. monamia Member

right.

nice if we had our own *expert* to quote. do we have any *out* ex-scien cali credentialled teachers?
  34. coslies Member

What was the quote from LRH again about sneaking in their organization into the world?
  35. Re: First ADMISSION of CHOICE by Smith's to "incorporate aspects of Scientology into"

Money talks. For the right salary in a "private" and less accountable school...a lot of people would ignore evidence.
  36. basil Member

I guess it's tied in with the "eventually Scientology will decide what's right and wrong" argument.

If they say 'study tech' is the best, who are we to disagree?
  37. Re: First ADMISSION of CHOICE by Smith's to "incorporate aspects of Scientology into"

Will Smith on Access Hollyood. Talks about his schoool and at the end he claims he's on the internet writing back to people and googling... :bs:
    MEGAVIDEO - Will Smith 7-1-2008 Access Hollywood
  38. LilDebbie Member

No one else saw the POOL'S CLOSED link at the bottom of the article? A failure is yuo.
  39. YourMother Member

QFT
  40. monamia Member

Wow--it's already on the Most Viewed List and it's still July 2.
    Nice work kiddies.

1. Tolkien's children fight for 'Lord of the Rings' gold
    2. Warriors make offer to Elton Brand
    3. Los Angeles Times to cut 250 jobs, including 150 from newsgathering staff
    4. Interrogation, then revenge
    5. Will Smith tries to stay in front of the Scientology curve
    6. Push is on to stall Goleta fire before winds; more evacuations at Big Sur
    7. Man arrested in LAX bomb-threat scare
    8. Former O.C. sheriff was secretly taped using racist and coarse language
    9. Lakers interested in James Posey, Brent Barry
    10. Young illegal immigrants lose their San Francisco sanctuary