Customize

The Gi-fraking-normous Woll Smoth media MEGATHREAD

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by monamia, Jun 29, 2008.

1. AnonMSW Member

Re: LA Times on Smith's Scientology School: Just Up

Do it Nao!!! both of them even. And perhaps a cuppa tea or coffee as well. Let the folks on the scene make their own decisions now folks. We've been over the pros and cons and the opinions on the options, let it percolate awhile and we'll see if it's even going to open come Spring.

Go check the General Discussion thread about teacher certifications. Wouldn't it be interesting if the richest man (or one of) in Hollywood sends his kids to a school where only the Physical Education teacher holds a valid teaching certificate in the State of California?

It's a private school and therefore "charter" no doubt; and this means they can pretty much hire who they want to alas, without regard for credentials in some states. I'm not sure if California is one, but running the names of the individuals listed on staff their through the California public school system only turned up one staff member who had ever had a license in a Callifornia public school system.

What's better:

(1) an appropriate level of discontent and protest as determined by those who are on the ground to do it; or,

(2) even if it's only forty kids, standing idly by while they get sent into a place that is not only known to teach Scientology, but also to rewrite history to suit their needs not to be thought of as connected.

The website for New Village Academy is morphing as we speak to hide the truth that was there for the world to see mere months ago. I don't see how anyone who is Anon and lives within driving distance could do anything but show up on opening day and say "this is wrong."

Anyway, let the people on the ground work it out. That's my 2-bits.
  2. ScudMuffin Member

Re: times.online.uk "Will Smith's School deserves to avoid cult status"

sub headline: LA Notebook: The actor must prove there is no Scientology link to his pet project
  3. Vir Member

What the headline means is that the school and the kids who go there deserve not to be infected by LRHosis.
  4. A Nonny Moose Member

I think the reporter's coming from the stance that 'It doesn't directly affect me, so I don't give a shit.' That's how a lot of people feel about a lot of things, and I'm thinking he might not know just as much as we do - he certainly doesn't go into detail.

From what I've been reading, I gather that even though the Scifag teachers won't be allowed to push their religion on the non-Scifags, there will be a considerable amount of pressure just from the 'study tech', and people will eventually convert, supposedly 'of their own free will'.
  5. Snake Member

So I would like to retract my previous post (AKA Disregard that, I suck cocks) about goin to the school. I was given the wrong address. Thank you to the person who did, however, give me the right one! I went by today and it is a TINY TINY area. The building is small with a "playground" (A small patch of grass, 2 tinny basketball hoops, and a parking lot that could fit maybe 7 cars). It is also on the side of a fairly busy street. There is only one way to get in and out of the property. There is plenty of room to stand on the side of the road and protest!
  6. Vir Member

Please somebody edit your former post about gated community, adding a "OOPS wrong address, see This post
  7. anon1957 Member

Re: Washington Post Online "Insta-Poll: Can Will Weather a Scientology Storm?"

Willy's school has enturbulated into a perfect media storm!
  8. ANON E MOOSE Member

9. AnonMSW Member

That comments section got pretty tweaked out there for awhile. Have no idea what was going on, but seemed like some sort of subtextual netizen "social commentary."

In any case, I've got a new favourite comment from the article:

Teacher: "We're sorry Mr. Smith, your child's clay model of advanced calculus just wasn't mobius strip enough for us to pass him."

Will Smith: "Will auditing save him?"

Teacher: "Undoubtedly."

Posted by: EducatedInDelphi | July 1, 2008 7:09 PM
  10. Anonygrace Member

Am a big fan of protesting on Registration Day and Grand Opening day, if those are separate from the first day of school. Am still all twitchy about some enterprising journalist going for the easy sensationalism of protesters frightening children.

But I also really like the idea of making this entire action more of a street-theatre production. The dunce caps, stools and chalkboards are genius, especially if fronted by Astra and crew as Sci school survivors. For any protest like this, a couple of bubble-blowers mixed with the sign-holders and leafleters will take down the sensationalism quotient.

Having seen Scientology make outrageous (and completely unproven) allegations against Anons before, I wouldn't put it past them to use a child for some major manipulation. Would it be possible to embed a reporter with the Anons?
  11. igoc08 Member

That's millions and millions of dead dollars, depending on the sample size :woot:
  12. its.an0nym0us Member

That courtroom shit was scary.

Concerning the protests, I would do a major targeting of educational issues like the misused (Hubbardized?) words, ethics counselors, etc.
  13. Vir Member

Embedded journalists and the presence of Ex-Scientology kids are both instrumental here. As are cameras.
  14. SLOJOE Member

Re: Wolly Goats?.. on FOX!:

They should send Kristi Alley...she could feed the whole village for a week ...but she could eat the whole village too..
  15. Vir Member

Re: Will Smith bawwws, "It's a not a Scientology school, really"

So Daryl said "NYPA" and dropped dox for a backraid. :fuckyou:
  16. A.Non Hubbard Member

Re: Fox News' Roger Freidman Weighs In with "Will Smith: Getting His $100 Goat"

Or pray her C/S tells her to pull an Isaac Hayes and quit.
  17. anon1957 Member

*gasp* a mouthful of beer just landed on my keyboard. If you weren't anonymous, I'd find a fake process server to make you compensate me for my sticky keys!
  18. Re: Will Smith bawwws, "It's a not a Scientology school, really"

Oh Snap! :applause:
  19. AnonMSW Member

Defamer: "Is Will Smith Training Your Kids To Build An Army Of Evil Robots?"

Is Will Smith Training Your Kids To Build An Army Of Evil Robots? | Defamer Australia

The article:

You know that school Will Smith opened up in Calabasas? The one people are saying is a big front to indoctrinate children into the ways of Scientology? Well, we here at Defamer hate to pass judgement without at least a tiny bit of research. That's why I spent a few minutes skimming the new Village Academy's website. Surprisingly, there were no classes called "Worshiping Overlord Xenu" or "Releasing Your Inner Engram." But they do really stress building robots. In fact, the Educational Philosophy section of the site, mentions robots no less than 4 times!

"If a student is learning how to make a robot, he or she needs to see or touch the materials and computer right in front of him or her rather than just imagining how to make it."

"If a teacher is showing a student how to make the robot and the student suddenly is confused, the teacher makes sure to go back to the place the student stopped understanding and re-teach that point."

"In addition, NVA teachers make sure children understand the meanings of all of the words related to each lesson whether in math or in music, or as in the robot example - all of the words related to making the robot."

"Similarly, if the student is learning how to program the robot and comes across a word that he is unfamiliar with, the student must look it up in the dictionary or have the word explained by a teacher."

What the fuck is going on here? Has Will Smith learned nothing from starring in I, Robot? Here he is hell-bent on making these kids build robot after robot, yet he knows full well that they will rise up against humanity one day. Talk about irresponsible. I'd rather send my kid to the Scientology Celebrity Center!

Comments are OPEN and no registration is required. Fly! My Brass Monkeys!! FLY!!!! Bring me that girl, and her little dog too!!!
  20. Plups Member

Re: Defamer: "Is Will Smith Training Your Kids To Build An Army Of Evil Robots?"

I love Defamer.
  21. AnonMSW Member

My God! 2 percent of the people reporting on the poll say now that they know Woll Smoth is a Scientologist they'll be sure to go see "Handjob!" ... I mean "cock"... I mean...

Never mind.. but MY GOD!
  22. Spooge Member

49% yes
    48% no

Vote, Do IT!
  23. Plups Member

49% all
  24. Plups Member

That is incredible. Kudos to the studio presenter.
  25. Delta Member

Re: Defamer: "Is Will Smith Training Your Kids To Build An Army Of Evil Robots?"

I can has WALL-E?

[IMG]
  26. tofuman Member

Some Anons have to go over to that school and have a raid. Maybe we'll get lucky and Will Smith will show up.
  27. Skaanon Member

I voted! And left a comment!
  28. Lorelei Member

Re: Fox News' Roger Freidman Weighs In with "Will Smith: Getting His $100 Goat"

:awesome: I love you guys. ROFFLE.

Imagining a herd of goatse, erm, I mean, goats (!) on the Smoth mansion grounds chowing down on the shrubberies (OM NOM NOM NOM! BEEEEH! NAAAHHHH!! BEEHHHH!) made me snort with laughter.
  29. Lorelei Member

One-two punch! Lo, I am slain! HA!

Deserves emoticons to underscore the IRL Lulz: :massivegrin: :Dwbm: :magoo: :rofl:
  30. 416e6f6e Member

Perhaps its a little more than playing about with Lego Mindstorms and learning Logo, but rather introducing an analogous philosophy with how you deal with problems: that rather than experimenting and finding out what works, thinking for your self as you play/learn these fun gadgets you must instead turn to an authoritative source when you encounter a problem.

i.e. Replace:
    robot with wog
    teacher with Scientology
    dictionary with L. Ron Hubbard's writings

?

/not an educational psychologist or a teacher
  31. Re: Defamer: "Is Will Smith Training Your Kids To Build An Army Of Evil Robots?"

The Scilons want to make Centurions to provide /b/lackup for their skinjobs!
    Luckily, the advantage we have is that if CoS is involved, the technology will be very old and be full of Fail and Cancer....
  32. nanopope Member

I think the word you're looking for is SCAM.
  33. zanoni Member

Will's probably too busy talking to his hat. What'sa mattuh wi' you, hat?

Supporting a bunch of racist frausters? Some role model you turned out to be, Will Smith.

YouTube - Scientology Exposed PSA: Not Equal
  34. Re: Defamer: "Is Will Smith Training Your Kids To Build An Army Of Evil Robots?"

WILL SMITH IS A TOY SOLDIER!
  35. Incognitoast Member

And as I always say about this learning process... it doesn't teach the students to think critcally on anything they are reading. It teaches them to take what they are reading and commit as FACT.

It's teaching kids to be gullable fools.
  36. scrumpmonkey Member

I smell study tech :p
  37. Helatrobus Member

Yep. Textbooks are never wrong, YOU are.
  38. CherrieZ Member

BAAAAAAAWHAHAHAHA!!!! How about a class action suit....I just spewed coffee all over my nice NEW huge flatscreen monitor.... :twisted:
  39. Major Boyle Member

Maybe Anonymous could take up a donation and offer a bunch of goats to the cult. You know, a goat raid. We could even offer to pay the air fare for the goats. BRing along a TV crew for extra lulz.
  40. flimbos Member

Great article is great.

We should indeed point out more that STUDY TECH IS DANGEROUS !
    Scientology v. Education

It makes kids into RONBOTS !!