Customize

The Ex Scientologist Message Board is down.

Discussion in 'Media' started by Proxima Centauri, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Re: The Ex Scientologist Message Board is down.

They're just swapping servers.
  2. WTF Member

Re: The Ex Scientologist Message Board is down.

I've been getting error for about 8 hours now.

Think the server swap was yesterday. There was supposed to be a "software update".

Looks like htaccess just needs to be edited off of "paranoid mode".

Hopefully Emma or Human Again are aware of and/or working on it. Can someone call Emma over there and see if she is aware of it?

Sig-1.gif
  3. Re: The Ex Scientologist Message Board is down.

Yes, server swap was yesterday, if I understood Emma's post corretly. About 6 hours ago, I could read ESMB and there were new posts coming in. Server connection was kinda slow and unstable, though.

About calling Emma: One of the mods or longtime regulars surely has realized by now that there might be something wrong, and knows how to contact Emma. Just sit back and wait until Emma & Co. have fixed it. We'll learn soon enough what this is about, no need to distract the team from their work. ;)

Again: No worries, it'll all be back to normal soon, and even if it might take longer to fix it all: Emma has backups, so nothing will be lost.
  4. Re: The Ex Scientologist Message Board is down.

It ain't working for me either - I'll send Emms a SMS in case she doesn't already know (which I doubt.)
  5. Re: The Ex Scientologist Message Board is down.

Thanks. I've been pouting. Avatar is back. Enjoy the ride.
  6. Emma Member

Hi guys,

The server swap seemed to go well but then at some point the database broke and I'm going to have to restore it from the point of backup which was before the swap happened. We'll lose about 3 hours of posting unfortunately.

Hopefully it will be back on line soon.
  7. WTF Member

Thank you your Emmaness

Sig-1.gif
  8. Re: The Ex Scientologist Message Board is down.

Thanks Paul. I hope you're the only one who does that, because I'd prefer that Emma finishes whatever she does with that server, instead of replying to hundreds of emails and sms. :D

EDIT
    Thanks, Emma!
  9. Re: The Ex Scientologist Message Board is down.

It was unavoidable, it was a result of the cult releasing the latest version of Hubbard's last book.

Hubbard HCO PL 11:35

Xenu Wept
  10. Ogsonofgroo Member

<3 <3 <3
  11. Re: The Ex Scientologist Message Board is down.

8:21 EST Canada, it's back up! I bet every one of you WWP's and Anons just can't wait to get back to the ESM Boards! Eh? Am I Right? Hm? HM?
  12. Anonymous Member

1288076981689.jpg
  13. mee

Yup, its been down since yesterday evening there in the uk. With account suspended all over the blank loading page.

Withdrawal symptoms are already kicking in.
  14. ESMB seems to be down. I'm getting "This site can’t be reached" message in my browser with the ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error.

I'm in CST, North America.