Customize

The Doggie Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KittyKatSpanker, Oct 6, 2014.

• Like Like x 5
  1. praline Member

2. Disambiguation Global Moderator

3. fishypants Moderator

This is why cats make ideal domestic pets and dogs do not.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. RavenEyes Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Incredulicide Member

Celebrate derpiness
    cdf9b9eb7d18853d9bcb56c3767b99e3.jpg
    • Like Like x 6
  6. fishypants Moderator

I'm pretty sure that's not Felis domesticus.

If we're counting a jaguar as a cat then wolves count as dogs.

wolf2.jpg

, that most dog-like of attitudes.

Herp_0d21eb_1432972.jpg

1384466522950495.jpg
    • Like Like x 5
  7. praline Member

• Like Like x 3
  8. praline Member

I dare you to not crack a smile while watching this
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Ogsonofgroo Member

Bald dancing dog just made me and my spawn's day, thanks.

Haz dis~

• Like Like x 3
  10. Disambiguation Global Moderator

11. praline Member

• Like Like x 6
  12. praline Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. Arct1ch3art Member

Pitbull lover for life, I own two of them. Before I had a hound and a boxer, they snapped at all the time. The pits on the other hand would just lick your skin off lmao
    • Like Like x 1
  14. praline Member

I have mixed feelings about pitts. I have known so many wonderful ones over the years, even grew up with one by my side. At the same time I work in animal rescue. So many dogs are put to sleep each year due to the fact people are scared a mutt is part pitt or mostly pitt or trained as a pitt and they will lose their home insurance or the dog will kill someone. If eliminating 1 breed from the county opens the doors of shelters so that more people go to the shelter to adopt then I think its worth the sacrifice. This is the sad end of the trend. Not having aggressive breeds up for adoption ensure more dogs over all find homes. Education is important as well as tougher ownership laws. Until those are completed I tend to side with the breed bigots. I hate to see any healthy dog put down but if sacrificing 1 breed helps all of the others find homes got to go with that. Not proud of it, just the way it works out.
  15. Arct1ch3art Member

I think you should have to obtain a certification to own such a dog, the trraining is much deff than you would have with a more "passive" breed. To just to cast them aside is not right in any matter, but that is my opinion... like a ass hole, everyone has one ;)
  16. praline Member

What I don't like is those who gloss over the fact that pitt bulls are sweet innocent animals with a bad wrap. They have killed more people then any other breed, fact.
    People can make any excuse they would like about how the dog was raised, trained, treated or socialized BUT the same goes for ANY breed of dog but the pitts are still at the top of the list for fatalities.If your going to own a pitt you have to face these facts, not hide them. Socialization is key of course but that window closes for a dog at 18 months of age. This makes adopting older pitts tricky if they have not been properly socialized as pups. It can be done but you need to know what your doing and work with a real dog behaviorist.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. praline Member

Oh please don't think I don't like pitt bulls, I do! But they are not a breed for everyone. I think all pet ownership laws should be stricter and having to have a special license for a pitt to show it has been in training classes and socialization classes would be a huge help for the breed. Sadly those laws won't pass.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Arct1ch3art Member

Thats exactly what I said pretty much... but no I do agree, they are killers. it's just a matter of how you train them even all the way down to what mine eat will determine they're mood
  19. praline Member

I love goldens but to say they don't shed or retrieve would be silly. I love St Bernards but hiding the fact they drool like crazy is nuts.
    Making pitts out to be little girl scouts who never show any aggression at all is just as silly. There are a lot of pro pitt bull rescue groups who want you to believe all pitt bull attacks are lies.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. praline Member

My current favorite breed is the leonberger! Beautiful dogs!
    7jdjik8.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  21. RavenEyes Member

I teach my dogs to dance with class and finesses, and not on a bark-a-lounger. That tux makes up for none of that mess. :D
    • Like Like x 1
  22. nevarmore Member

Had one of these until he got old and died, but he was the most awesomest of dawgs. "Toven" could climb a fence better than an urban purse snatcher and many a morning at 5 am I'd be chasing him up and down the alleyways in the 'hood. He'd play me until he got bored with the game, let me catch up finally and take him home. I swear that dog was laughing at me everytime he'd pull that stunt. I never did break him of the habit... just learned to take the truck and follow along until he was tired enough to catch a ride home.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. praline Member

If I lived in a cooler climate I would have one ~ I like Newfoundlands as well but again they are not happy in the south!
    • Like Like x 1
  24. nevarmore Member

can't find otter thread, too lazy to look very hard...
  25. praline Member

• Like Like x 3
  26. Pool is closed ?

• Like Like x 2
  27. Incredulicide Member

28. The description on the video says this:

I had heard about this before. Apparently domestication has also resulted in some unintended things as well such as a change in the color of the coat and an upward curling of the tail; just like you see in dogs. I notice nothing in the tail but I do notice a slight change in the coloring of Anya's backside.

Still not sure what to think of this but I do love foxes and Anya is as adorable as any dog.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Incredulicide Member

Anya was killed by a coyote back in September
  30. snippy Member

Going back to Kitteh thread.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Incredulicide Member

• Like Like x 5
  32. Hugh Bris Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  33. The Wrong Guy Member