Customize

The Colbert Report

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by CheeseAnon, Feb 5, 2008.

1. CheeseAnon Member

The Colbert Report

So we got Fox, CNN, Sky and a host of other news groups pouncing on the story of The First Great Internet War and Anonymous in general (How many times were we "Front Page" on Fox's website?) but there are still others.

One I've noticed who's yet to comment on Anonymous, Scientology or this whole thing in general is Stephen Colbert and with a "Colbert Nation" who doesn't think having him weigh in on this issue would be good for PR and simply spreading info and such.

I say we get as many as we can and Forum Invade the official Message Board here:
    http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_ ... oard.jhtml

If we generate enough interest there or if we can send enough mail to the editors or whoever the fuck decides what goes on air then there's a good chance it'll get airtime.
  2. This actually sounds like a good idea.
  3. We should do the same for Kimmel
  4. xenuftagn Member

I was also wondering how to get in touch with anyone from South Park. That show lost a family member to Scientology, too, and they'd probably want to get involved somehow.
  5. Jaster Member

Without writers, it's going to be very hard to get any of the talk show hosts involved in something like this.

The only real exception is if they have someone to actually interview about the subject. These guys are not journalists, and without a crew of people looking out for things that happen, they may not be even aware of it going on.

South Park is probably interested in it, but they've already had their turn in the scientology controversy, and might not be ready to jump back into it just yet. If anything, they're as likely to poke fun at Anonymous as they are anything, though they'll probably have good intentions about it.
  6. CheeseAnon Member

They could interview the dude from XenuTV. He's an excellent face for the Anti-$ci movement (Whereas you really can't have someone walking on with a Fawkes mask saying "We are Legion")
  7. Tuesday Member

But it would be awesome if we could.
  8. They are a Comedy Central show as well.
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/community/forum/
  9. We need wise beard man on the Colbert report, simple as that.
  10. Anonymizer Member

agreed. we should send Wise Beard Man a email.
  11. Re:

This is a great idea :lrhtalking:
  12. Thundercunt Member

Re: The Colbert Report

This is a win idea.
  13. its.an0nym0us Member

I just want Colbert to do a few words in the V mask.
  14. southernstate Member

Has anyone seen his plug for "I am America and So Can You?" where the book appears out of a volcano? It looks exactly like the ads I've seen for "Dianetic.s"
  15. anon78941 Member

DO THIS!
  16. AnneOminous Member

Re:

^THIS
  17. null Member

This.
  18. anon13 Member

He made a Tom Cruise joke, so surely he'd be up for a bit more jabbing.
  19. Damn Bagels Member

Penn and Teller, magicians and hosts of the show Penn and Teller's Bullshit said in one of their religion shows that they disagree with Scientology at a huge level. However, showtime would not allow them to make an episode about it. This is when South Park made the Scientology episode. Someone should find out how to contact them and they may be excited to get involved. Penn and Teller trump Tom Cruise.
  20. avatar2008 Member

Get them to pitch an episode about the Internet Hate Machine. Nothing wrong with that. Just so happens that the target is Scientology. ;)
  21. MaskedPenis Member

Considering that Colbert seems to have balls and that the writter strike is over, maybe the producers will be willing to do it. :guyfawkes:
  22. Re: The Colbert Report

Jimmy Kimmel mocked Travolta on his post Oscar show. (The discussion was about flying. He said "John Travola is a pilot, how hard could it be?")

None of the celeb scienos are really known for being all that bright.

What would be even cooler is if Colbert came out IN a Guy Fawkes mask. Just wanting to be one of the cool kids, yo!
  23. anon13 Member

How do you propose an idea like this to a show? Just email the producers? Fan mail? I'd love to think that somebody on this board has connections on the inside of some of the shows, but we can't rely on wishful thinking.
  24. Tsakara Member

I'm thinking if we flood the boards at the Colbert Report, maybe Colbert Nation as well, then they'll do it. As for south park, I wouldn't be too terribly surprised if Matt and Trey have a blag, suggestion box or something of that nature, hell they might even have a public email address for fanstuff. I could totally see them doing another scientology mockup, and it would really widen the support if either of these shows did anything on the war.
  25. Peter Wiggen Member

strange, both forums posted here are down right now.

Is this our accidental doing, or are those that watch us in fear acting independently.
  26. MaskedPenis Member

Agreed.

That would be awesome.

Note: Colbert board is up.
  27. Lorelei Member

Colbert is awesome, and I might even bother to watch some television if I heard he was potentially interested in commenting about this.
  28. geitheidrun Member

Ummmm....have you people been watching the program lately?? During its days (writer's strike) as The ColberT ReporT, he had a great bit about his new financial advisor, Gorlock (who looks amazingly like Xenu), who he suspects is a Scientologist. A web site that has the video:
    http://www.jwharrison.com/blog/2008/01/ ... om-cruise/

I think Colbert may already be "on board" the Enturbulation Express. :) Give him and Jon Stewart some time. If Anonymous gives them good material (like epic demonstrations on March 15 and other activities), they may be able to use the Anonymous efforts very effectively.
  29. Little Sister Member

I remember not too long ago I combed through the Daily Show and Colbert websites looking for any sort of contact info with zero luck.
    I never even thought about the forums :(
    This would be a monumental step for us-weneed to every every/i] anon on this, stat!
  30. anon13 Member

Stephen Colbert is now using the Dianetics volcano to sell I Am America (and so can you). I'm trying to find a clip of it online, but I can't. It aired after the show tonight. Did anybody else see it?
  31. Consensus Member

I saw it.

He's been using it for months.

Still awesome though. Very subtle of him.
  32. anonymers Member

which means he called it first. beat that, stewart/o'brien.
  33. gregg Member

heres some of colbert info
    ---------------------manager-------------------
    Dixon Talent Agency James Dixon Manager 432 W. 45th St.
    New York, NY 10036
    USA
    Phone: 212-262-6033
    Fax: 212-262-6177
    ------------------------agent---------------------------
    Arcieri & Associates Steven Arcieri Talent Agent 305 Madison Ave.
    Ste. 2315
    New York, NY 10165
    USA
    Phone: 212-286-1700
    Fax: 212-286-1110
    http://www.arcieritalent.com
    steven@arcieritalent.com
  34. gregg Member

And since it might apply too:

JON STEWART
    production company
    Busboy Productions Executive Producer Executive 432 W. 45th St.
    New York, NY 10036
    USA
    Phone: 212-262-6165

agent
    International Creative Management (ICM) Talent Agent
    10250 Constellation Blvd.
    7th Floor
    Los Angeles, CA 90067
    USA
    Phone: 310-550-4000
    Fax: 310-550-4055
    http://www.icmtalent.com/

----------------------------- manager-----------------
    Dixon Talent Agency James Dixon Manager 432 W. 45th St.
    New York, NY 10036
    USA
    Phone: 212-262-6033
    --------------------------publicist---------------------
    Baker Winokur Ryder Public Relations (BWR) Matt Labov Publicist
    9100 Wilshire Blvd.
    West Tower, 6th Floor
    Beverly Hills, CA 90212
    USA
    Phone: 310-550-7776
    Fax: 310-550-1701

oh, he even has a talent agent for voice
    Arcieri & Associates Steven Arcieri Talent Agent-Voice
    305 Madison Ave.
    Ste. 2315
    New York, NY 10165
    USA
    Phone: 212-286-1700
    Fax: 212-286-1110
    http://www.arcieritalent.com
    steven@arcieritalent.com
  35. chao Member

We should definately send a few emails next week ahead of the Ides along with links to a few videos.

Remembering the sort of shows they are make sure to get a good mix of lulz in the vids chosen. Maybe for the emails to Colbert we should word it deploring the use of the internet to scandalise one of America's proudest religions or some such.
  36. ahnonnymaus Member

Can't get better than a religion started in AMERICA, after all.
  37. southernstate Member

Not only that, but after the image of the volcano, he says "If the first one is good enough, you never have to write a second." [paraphrase]

I laughed mega!
  38. Slothrop Member

I can see it now. "... But is Scientology really as dangerous as these protestors claim? Here to explain why the Church of Scientology is dangerous is TV producer and Scientology critic Mark Bunker." Or Jenna Miscavige Hill, or whoever they can get.

Colbert's definitely on the side of The Internet. He's referenced The Illuminatus! Trilogy before; that's some old-school, back when the Jargon File was relevant, Internet memeage.
  39. Re: The Colbert Report

He just made a scientology e-meter crack. It's a start. V :p V
  40. anon13 Member

Fuck, it's still telling me to "try again later." I really want to see this. :(

So the e-meter joke is tonight (March 4th)? I'm surprised that they are talking about anything other than the primaries/caucus.