Customize

The Catholic Church shut down Galileo for a hundred years ... we can shut down Julian Assange

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by Anonymous, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

Gee, I cannot think of a better way for one to undermine one's own stance against Wikileaks by drawing a parallel between Assange and Galileo. Whoever uttered this, is he not aware that the Catholic Church apologized for its persecution of Galileo?
  2. xenubarb Member

Not to mention they suppressed scientific knowledge because it didn't match with their superstitious fable.
  3. Anonymous Member

btw, the text in the OP appears large, I don't know if it's so to all viewers, if so, I don't know why, I didn't put in any markups to enlarge the text. sorry for the annoyance
  4. Anonymous Member

These new forums preserve any formatting in your text when you are posting. Which is pretty neat since it means you don’t have to use i and b tags and the like.
  5. Anonymous Member

If he's implying that shutting down Assange would be a good thing, is he then implying that what the Catholic Church did to Galileo was just and right? Is he an Earth Centrist?
  6. Anonymous Member

Infidel!
  7. Junípero Member

Because the man wish is to become a hero,not a god. The same man who was expelled from paradise when he acquired knowledge, from church when told the truth. This little creature, standing proudly on his legs, has no limits. No gods, nor laws, nor other men can silence the voice of whom prefers to be a mortal, a knowing mortal, in other words: a hero.
  8. Kilia Member

Link on first URL gives a 404.
  9. Anonymous Member

Things always turn out great when Anonymous selects a hero.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

Remove the end bracket ] that's for whatever reason at the end of the link.
  11. Kilia Member

Ahhh! Thanks..
  12. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

That is because it is messy!
  13. Herro Member

14. Rockyj Member

Not to me.
  15. They are definitely so sure where the power lies... But in the end they depend on us. On our votes, and production and consumption tasks. Society and citizens are responsible for that athocratic behaviour or theirs! Let's start a NO movement. Disobedience is the only way to fight the standards imposed.
  16. Anonymous Member

Can we get a conservative like this in America to start speaking out in favor of freedom of information? That would be awesome.
  17. chooy Member

Unfortunately not it seems about a month ago Obama openly spoke against jason assange calling the information he has fabrications... sounds suspicous to me, and what about the split in wikileaks ?
  18. exOT8Michael Member

Truth is only dangerous to those whose behavior has to be hidden to avoid consequences of their destructiveness.
  19. chooy Member

Very well put... in other words your saying "we the people" (lulz) will have nothing to lose from gaining the information we seek...
    so ur an ex ?
  20. exOT8Michael Member

Yup.
    So glad to be out of Scientology.
    Love the intent of Anonymous in its facets of activism, and that it refuses illegal activities.
  21. chooy Member

not only ilegal but immoral...
    Im glad to hear that our efforts have not been in vein
    In a very realistic view it was just a ploy to sell more books that got way to big... and turned into a SCAM for MONEY !

Lron has already admitted to the book being a work of science fiction

if jesus came back alive and told us there was no God and were all gonna rot in the ground... dont you think that would waiver the views of a few branches of Christianity ... if not all of em