Customize

The Big Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes Related News Thread

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by geektechboy, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geektechboy Member

The Big Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes Related News Thread

Will Cruise & Becks buy a soccer club?

DAVID Beckham may have resisted the temptation to sign up for new best pal Tom Cruise’s controversial religion Scientology but we hear the pair are to cement their friendship in a rather different way.

LA Galaxy player David, eager to put in place plans for his post-playing years, is said to be thinking of buying a football team with his actor chum, according to a Los Angeles source.

It is hoped that their star status – and hefty bank balances – would attract some of the world’s best players, although it has yet to be decided if the club would be in the UK or America.
  2. Re: Scientology FC: Cruise and Beckham to buy a Team

hahaha, I don't think attaching Tom's name to a team is going to attract too many players.
  3. anonymous1312 Member

Re: Scientology FC: Cruise and Beckham to buy a Team

Would you want to play for a team that had to do RPF for being downstat?
  4. albinocat Member

Tom Cruise, president of a sucker club. Fits.
  5. Anonymeep Member

I'd be surprised if Beckham went into any sort of business with Cruise. The Beckhams aren't intellectuals, but they have keen business sense (and/or super advisors) and I think they are well aware which way the Cruise wind is blowing...
  6. gizmogirl Member

THIS after Tom publically announced that he did not want his wife Katie anywhere near Beckham's wife Posh? And blamed Posh for the downturn in Katie's health?
  7. Anonymous21 Member

Yeah, doesn't sound true to be honest.

Not if Tom hates Victoria

... and can you imagine how much pressure Tom will be putting on the Beckhams to join his crazy cult? Good for them for refusing!
  8. Xolo Member

The only reason I see TC buying a football club is so he can shower with the players at the end of every game
  9. Re: Scientology FC: Cruise and Beckham to buy a Team

D'ya reckon they'd actually get the SuperPower building finished if they'd a footy team to train in it ?

"And on the left wing ... oh wait... he's gone exterior!".

...etc.
  10. MsCabbage Member

Beckhams aren't that stupid.
  11. A.Non Hubbard Member

Trying to instigate a business deal while trashing the man's wife?

Reminds me of the time the CoS tried to gain the support of some politician or professor while at the same time slandering him for religious intolerance.

If Scienos thought more than 5 seconds into the future maybe they wouldn't be such assholes.
  12. iaxiloll Member

Well no one wants to watch his films any more, so I guess it is time to suck at something else.
  13. The Admiral Member

I've difficulty in reconciling this with the supposed disconnect going on with Katie and Posh.
  14. fail Member

Do you think TC will laugh while taking that shower?
  15. Orderous Member

Luckily the scilons aren't that smart, and will never figure out the last name of Anonymous' leader David.

Keep bringin the inside reports David.

Edit; oh wait, awwww shit.
  16. DarkSim Member

Nice work David.

Though, the newsreport sounds like trash :p
  17. DeadFace Member

TC is notorious for jumping the gun with "announcements" and just showing up and pissing off people at ceremonies (Steven Spielberg anyone?). Allthough this is a bit larger than the average announcment leak, and seems to be linked to Beckham (however, the insider quoted does not specifically link TC in his quote, just a "Hollywood superstar").

If this is a TC/CoS pre-emptive leak, well... it's not gonna be birds what'll be flyin'.

Adding TC to a business venture these days is Kavorkian at best.
  18. CherrieZ Member

I'm not sure calling TC a "hollywood superstar" is accurate anymore....hopefully the Becks aren't that blind!!

I love the Kavorkian ref. Sad yet true.
  19. DeadFace Member

No. the PLAYERS will laugh, and point, while TC takes that shower.
  20. Re: Scientology FC: Cruise and Beckham to buy a Team

LOL, I wonder if Tom mispronounces the word 'galaxy' the way LRH did? LA Gal-acksie!

*EDIT* listen to the old fool waffle about the 'gal-acksie' here YouTube - L Ron Hubbard dumping on Earth
  21. fail Member

I'm laughing already ... LOL
  22. Heyanonnyno Member

Gossip rags say Tom & Katie are over.

Magazine scans under link

I know Enturb isn't a celeb gossip blog exactly, but if this is true (I doubt it but you never know) it has to have a huge effect on Tom, who is a big spokesperson for the 'church'.

I hope it is true, and that Katie can get Suri quick smart, so the poor little tyke is out of that crazy environment (and into a less crazy environment).
  23. Apology Member

Re: Gossip rags say Tom & Katie are over.

Well the Star is the least reliable tabloid of them all---a week or two ago, they printed a story that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were getting married in New Orleans that turned out to be 100% false---they were in Texas that day, being not-married as usual. I'm not really familiar with In Touch Magazine, but it's likely they cribbed the story from the Star and used them as a source.

The sad part is that Tom gets full custody of Suri in the event that they divorce as part of their prenuptial agreement.
  24. Heyanonnyno Member

I don't necessarily believe the mag. Just reporting the headline.
  25. Apology Member

Yah you made it clear that you knew tabloids were unreliable, I was just talking bout how they work and bagging the Star for their big mistake a few weeks ago.
  26. Optimisticate Member

Prenups don't matter in child custody cases. He can say anything he wants, but if he is obviously unfit, he'll be lucky if the court allows him to have a dog.
  27. albinocat Member

I think this magazines write the stories about people´s opinions and what people want to hear. It is not the truth but the stories "could" be true.
  28. MarcabEmpress Member

While tabloids are not reliable news sources, they are a reliable gauge of public opinion, and are a major force in both shaping and reflecting mass view point. Keep in mind that "gossip" is how we transmit our opinions of people's behavior, be it gossip about celebs or people we know.
  29. anon1957 Member

THIS is true. The only thing a pre-nup addresses is other kinds of property settlements. I read somewhere that Katie's father, a divorce attorney (even thought he is Catholic, which I find curious) negotiated a pre-nup in which Katied gets $3 mil for each year she is married to Tom. Child support (not covered in a pre-nup) would be in addition to this amount. Also, even when child custody is "shared" in California, child support is frequently awarded by the Judge, and virtually ALWAYS when there is a significant disparity income and assets--because the courts believe that the children should have a comparable living style with both parents.

This happened to a cousin of mine in LA. She was married to a "struggling" musician & she made a bundle in business. When they divorced, they shared custody of the two kids. He got the house and child support!
  30. Re: Scientology FC: Cruise and Beckham to buy a Team

go-luck-see
  31. Apology Member

Some tabloids are a lot more reliable than others. While all of them use a lower standard of "proof" than regular newspapers, some of them seem to have their fingers firmly on the pulse of Hollywood. I've seen stories break in the tabloids that turned out to be 100% true and were repeated in the mainstream press weeks later. It's the unfortunate gaffes like the Star's Pitt/Jolie story that make them unreliable---after all, one bad story is enough to discredit them, isn't it?
  32. Optimisticate Member

Maybe they meant Cruz Beckham?

(we can always hope)
  33. MingMing Member

Custody was already established prior to them getting married and I highly doubt the pre-nup will stand up in court in terms of custody. Since Katie wasn't married to Tom before Suri was born, Katie has full custody unless they have otherwise changed it. At most, they'll give Tom shared custody with Katie as the primary caregiver.

I knew Katie wasn't okay completely with the whole Scifag thing. After all, there was no other reason that I can think of for someone who was SOOO in love to drag their heels about getting married until after their child was born. Of course, reasonably there could have been since we aren't Katie.
  34. CathyLong Member

wait... what?
  35. Optimisticate Member

Never underestimate the vanity of a woman. Do you think Little Tommy would have been happy with her ever morphing bump preceding her down the aisle instead of a bunch of little xenu's?
  36. fail Member

Is this^ some kind of Scientology secret message?
  37. Re: Scientology FC: Cruise and Beckham to buy a Team

Uh. Even if Beckham and Cruise join forces, they'll never scrape together enough money to create even a middle-ranking football club. And they certainly won't make money from it if they do.

I don't know about the United States, but there is a lot of money sloshing around football these days. If they want to compete with Abramovich, they've got to find £7.5 billion. Then they'll have enough pocket money to compete.
  38. anon131 Member

It's true. Suri was born in April 2006. They married in November 2006.
  39. holdemm Member

Kaaaatie Holmes trying to escape..

IDontLikeYouInThatWay.com: Katie Holmes is Trying to Escape

**many tanks mod, searched for holmes didnt find shit
  40. SenatorXenu Member

Re: Kaaaatie Holmes trying to escape..

RUN KATIE, RUN!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.