Customize

The arrogance of Marty Rathbun

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Anonymous, May 28, 2010.

1. RightOn Member

Re: The arrogance of Marty Rathbun

nicely put
  2. Anonymous Member

3. One0fMany Member

The more Marty talks, the less I believe that he left the cult of his own volition. To me, he sounds more like an exiled leader who's awaiting a coup so he can return, claim the victory for himself, and start do things his own way.

While he causes DM no small amount of butthurt, he is doing everything he can to prevent any permanent damage to the cult (as evident by his sabotage attempts in Australia), and still harbors at least some appreciation for violence (snarky remarks and flame wars are as close to violence as one can get on teh internets). Left as is, I fear we would watch as one monster is removed as another takes his place.

That's not necessarily a bad thing: it would end up being further proof that $cientology is toxic to it's very core. Not to mention there's enough already out there on Marty that we wouldn't miss a beat if that did happen. Of course, that drags the war out. That's why wars of attricion suck.

TL;DR: Marty is not our friend, but any butthurt he causes DM is a win for us. Let him wreak his havoc, but have 'poons at the ready to nail his ass to the wall if he tries to become DM: the sequel.
  4. Re: The arrogance of Marty Rathbun

It's truly risible. It's also a demonstration of his contemptuous dismissal of actual victims of crime.

As for 'natter-boards', Marty's in need of a SRA, because that's exactly what his site is - a bunch of has-beens mumbling and muttering, endlessly regurgitating the words of some nutter from the 1950s ad nauseam.
  5. remotecosby Member

<angrypost>

They guy is a fucking cult leader looking for a place to happen... His nose is brown from that old sci fi guy from way back...

There is a big disconnect... People who are blessed enough to see through the lie but only partially.. The shit was poisoned from the beginning. Preaching to the choir but damn. Painting DM as the antichrist is just a diversion from the big game. But hell.. All you have to do is google the shit and look at the court docs yourself.

fuck yeah the whole damn thing is busted people

I don't want to have to start ripping on battlefield earth but I am not above it. Shit what the hell: Battlefield Earth Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes

</angrypost>
  6. JohnnyRUClear Member

Perceptive observation. Spot on.

At least he was kind enough to let Peeler come back here. That was mighty white of him.
  7. Triumph Member

Marty might I suggest something harmless along the lines of worshiping an octopus

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOU-s28Zn4A]YouTube - Tarvu is SO easy to join![/ame]
  8. sallysock Member

Until this post...I thought of him as acceptable. He was a bridge between the COS and freedom. People could chose to stay with him and excercise their rights to "look beyond LRH."

No more. I see now what he is.

What a prick.
  9. DeathHamster Member

It's so easy to join!™
  10. Re: The arrogance of Marty Rathbun

I read it in under two hours!

Seriously, though, who can read his self-aggrandizing, whiny crap? Sometimes, the cruelest thing you can do to someone is leave them to their own devices. His very existence is punishment enough, even if he lacks the wit to see it. I'm in favor of the "keep an eye on, but otherwise ignore," approach. I honestly don't care who wins between DM and Rathbun, because they'll both do serious damage to each other in the process, not so much an "enemy's enemy is my friend" as it is "my enemy's enemy can be a useful tool."
  11. BusinessBecky Member

Marty seems to really want to do well. Why would he hurt those people by simply stating things about LRH that are not true for you? This has been covered to death, when are we going to accept that Marty is not part of his plan anymore?
  12. Goosh Goosh Member

rashbum is to scientology what warren jeffs is to mormons

he's a reformer of a cult whose reformations would actually make the cult worse than what it is now, and that's saying something

i invoke the 'polishing a turd' metaphor
  13. i'mglib Member

Wow, thanks for bringing this over.

Marty nuked a post of mine because it included a link to Hana Whitfield's speech in Hamburg (at least I think that's why) where she discusses life with Ron on the Apollo.

But to jump on John Peeler of all people! Just, wow.

The irony is so thick it's choking me.

Calling people here and on ESMB victims? What does he call all the people who got beat up by DM then? Is that why he carefully made it clear that DM didn't hit HIM? I forget how he put it, but it was some lame story about how DM tried to punch him, but Marty flexed his muscles and broke DM's hand, or some ridiculous thing.

Good Grief.

Here are some links to John Peeler on OCMB. The guy is the genuine article and a really good human being. Love that guy, and he's pretty easy on the eyes, too.

Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - Another David Miscavige Tale From the Int Base

Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - Appology to the Family of Rick Cruzen

Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - My Escape From the Int Base...

http://bts2free.blogspot.com/

John Peeler was also the guy (I am pretty sure) who came up with the idea of "Operation Over the Wall," where a bunch of people on this board and others sent postcards to the people who are on staff at Int Base (Gold Base). Again, this is one GOOD DUDE. I am shaking my head at the thought of Marty dissing this guy.
  14. Re: The arrogance of Marty Rathbun

Thanks for posting the links to John's ordeal and escape from Int Base, Glibby.

Heh! I guess Marty and John have a bit of history, with John knowing the contents of MR's Ethics folders and Marty having, according to John, fabricated evidence to rat John and his buddies out to DM (but he HAD to do it, or DM would have HIT him, poor schmuck).

Marty's applying the Handle/Disconnect Tech, of course. Disconnecting John from his woeful blogsite, that is.

How amusing it is to witness the failtech, when the Internet instantly jumps on his pathetic attempt and ridicules it for its childishness, non-confront and general inadequacy.

I'm afraid it's the A-E steps for Marty, vis-a-vis the real world, should he ever come to his senses.
  15. anonsoldier Member

This is how I feel about Marty.

16. Random guy Member

Obviously there aren't any dox to that effect, but do we at least have any sort of non-tinfoil analysis to back up tht assertion?
  17. AnonLover Member

No. and imo - there's not enough material to do so yet... Marty dished dirt on sptimes that was rehashed/repeated on nightline and cnn - but was really only original dirt in context of the initial sptimes material. He needs to keep on dishing up original dirt in a few more venues where he broadens his revelations & shows a consistent story being told time and time again for a proper analysis of his character to even be feasible.

Also -- In the dirt that has been dished up so far, he's readily admitted enough portions of his questionable involvement in cult's dirty tactics history - he's doesnt actually make for credible first hand account if he's not in court (or making a deposition for a court case) where he's under oath. And even under oath, it will be a matter of what he openly admits and what he actively dodges that will truly show the nature of his character.
  18. Re: The arrogance of Marty Rathbun

I have read Martys blog and I find it hard to take seriously. I love the their stories about them getting hassled out by Miscaviges hired goons. They make my day. Can you say poetic justice?

The comments sections are full of true believers. Marty shoots down any question that is counter to what he is saying ie LRH is good and Slappy McMidget has wrecked the greatest movement on Earth. If only we didn't have Slappy then we could get on with the serious business of cleaning the Earth. And anyone who is opposed to this or even just ventures an opinion contrary to this is howled down by the flock.

It shows you how strong the brainwashing is. The other day there were a few comments on there praising OT III and how it completely changed their outlook on life. They all understand things so much better since Elron gave them this magnificent "gift". I lie awake at night and wonder if people so stupid and gullible are worth saving. If you think the reason that you have not reached your full potential, both individually and collectively, is that we are infused with the ghosts that were blown up all those years ago then you are asking to be swindled. No sane person can believe this.

Back to Marty. Up to something for sure. And has a whole bunch of willing suckers that he can exploit. If they didnt learn their lesson the first time around they are in for a lifetime of hurt.
  19. XenuPhobic Member

On a cursory glance of his blowing story, obviously there is a background between him and Marty. Marty totally seems like the type who would hold petty grudges.
  20. Onanymous Member

^^ Such nonsense.

First, Rathbun is clearly the one 'hurt' by well-deserved criticism of Scientology/LRH: It's not his care for others which motivates him to refrain from criticising LRH/Scientology.

Second, Scientology is designed for its followers to feel hurt by words, regardless of whether they provide great insights on Scientology/LRH. We should never refrain from providing great insights, just because some other people are easily "hurt" by these. It doesn't really benefit anyone refraining from expressing well-deserved criticism on Scientology/LRH (or whatever), including the easily 'hurt' followers, in the name of not "hurting those people."
  21. AnonLover Member

I was thinking the background between the two explains why Marty posted Peeler's comments... in light of the history, methinks Marty would of hurt his own image it he continually failed to confront someone he did wrong who doesnt agree with his position.
  22. anonhuff Member

Mr. Rathbun may have the defense of being brainwashed by Miscavige (but really by scientology itself) for hitting people around but it is undeniable that he has a history of it and a good deal of practice.

With regard to letting go of scientology he can't seem to do that, with regard to the bullying around of people and history of being complicit in crimes committed in the name of "the greater good" will he be able to let go of that pattern of action?
  23. Obvious Sock Member

I think the answer to your question will be found in determining how much Money, P*ssy and Power RathBONE can accrue to himself by continuing his charade.

As long as it "pays off" for him, he'll continue. Just like Elron and Slappy.

Or any other sociopath for that matter.
  24. JohnnyRUClear Member

He's a bully right now, as shown ITT. So, no, he's not leaving that behind.
  25. magster Member

Rathbun just put out a post on his blog apologizing to Marc Yager?? WTF is that all about? Is it another ploy like the Heber Jensch ploy trying to pull them out? I'm really starting to find this Rathbun a scumbag. It seems he is trying to look good only to the people that are posting on his blog. After witnessing what he did to Peeler's comments on his blog I have to say he is a phoney-baloney all the way. I can't believe the people on his blog can't see this. They all speak about the truth being revealed but are blind to the Marty bullshit.

I tried to find a picture of Yager but with no luck, anyone got one?
  26. skollie Member

There's a picture of him here:

Operation Clambake presents: Captain Miscavige - The Memorial Years
  27. magster Member

Thanks skollie, holy crap! Does Miscavige ever look teeny beside him! Haha, they shouldn't have placed such a teeny man beside someone as tall as Yager at that dinner table function. Where is Yager from originally?

I'm surprised there are no other pictures of this joker online. He must be deeply involved in the cult.
  28. skollie Member

He can also be seen in this video that was posted on Marty's blog

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf7ET8G4dVA&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Part 1 of 2: International Management Briefing (On International Production Strategy) A.D.34[/ame]
  29. sheeple Member

I know that it has been mentioned before, but IMO it makes a powerful point that bears repeating:

Other than DM, everyone around this table are either out of CofS or in the SP Hall.
    Not one of the top executives from 1990 remains in DM's good graces.

\derail.
  30. Sponge Member

john.sweeney@bbc.co.uk
    and CC:
    panorama@bbc.co.uk

BBC Panorama,
    MC4A1, Media Centre,
    Media Village,
    201 Wood Lane,
    London,
    W12 7TQ.

Poon Sweeney if you like (but without sounding like a moonbat scifag on a dead-agenting campaign). Basically, to ask him if he intends looking even just briefly at the army of people who made it possible for exes like Rathbun and Rinder to speak out in the first place.
    I'm pretty sure much of the Panorama episode will be in the can but he might like to keep his options open and not risk looking like an ass for putting all his eggs in one basket, maybe at least airing some healthy skepticism in his narration/editing regarding Rathbuns ever-gaping omissions. Maybe he already has.
  31. Anonymous Member

Marty is teh gay :D