Customize

Tanslation of two sentences to Farsi and other languages?

Discussion in 'Translations' started by Kruge, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Kruge Moderator

Hi there!

Some friends of mine from the Band Nude just did a video to a new tune, and they want to have one or two sentences from the German lyrics appear on screen in a bunch of different languages and they agreed that Farsi would be great for the list as well (and I'll try to get them to do it on a green background or something like that too ^^).

So, if someone could help out by translating the two sentences below to Farsi - and any other additional language you like - it'd be a great help. :)

Sentence1:

German: "Diesmal ist es echt, wir zeigen keine Angst, der Kampf ist unser Recht, komm zeig uns was du kannst!"

English: "This time it is for real, we wont show any fear, the fight is our right, come and show us what you got!"

Sentence2:

German: "Heute Nacht träum' ich von diesem Tag, an dem ich mich wehren mag."

English: "Tonight I will dream of the day, when I will stand up and fight back.

If you're interested: This is the video minus the yet to be added "subtitles":

2. Ann O'Nymous Member

Sentence1:

French: "Cette fois, c'est pour de vrai, nous ne montrerons aucune peur, le combat est notre droit, viens et montre-nous ce que tu vaux!"

Sentence2:

French: "Aujourd'hui je rêve du jour, où je me lèverai et me battrai."
    • Like Like x 1
  3. codeman177 Moderator

umm do you want farsi written in arabic script or transliterated farsi
  4. Kruge Moderator

The way a native speaker would write it, I guess, so arabic script - but add the transliterated as well, maybe, if they somehow should have problems with finding the right font or something... ;)
  5. Kruge Moderator

Merci! :)
  6. codeman177 Moderator

Sentence 1:
    Farsi: این بار آن را به صورت واقعی است، ما هیچ ترسی از خود نشان نداد، مبارزه حق ماست، بیا و نشان می دهد ما چه به شما کردم!

Sentence 2:
    Farsi: امشب من از روز ، زمانی که من به ایستادن و مبارزه با عقب بیاورد.

obviously they should be written left to right but for some reason when I copy and paste into here it changes it.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

This time it is for real, we wont show any fear, the fight is our right, come and show us what you got!
    這次是真正的,我們不會表露任何恐懼,這場鬥爭是為了我們的權利,來譲我們看你們有什麼本事! traditional Chinese

这次是真正的,我们不会表露任何恐惧,这场斗争是为了我们的权利,来譲我们看你们有什么本事! simplified Chinese

"the fight is our right" meaning the fight is for our rights? (or it's our right to fight?)

Tonight I will dream of the day, when I will stand up and fight back.
    今晚我會做夢,總有一天,我會站起來並且還擊。 traditional Chinese
    今晚我会做梦,总有一天,我会站起来并且还击。 simplified Chinese
    • Like Like x 1
  8. hushpuppy Member

Norwegian:

Sentence 1:
    "Denne gangen er det på alvor, vi skal ikke vise frykt. Det er vår rett å kjempe, kom og vis oss hva du har!"

Sentence 2:
    "I kveld vil jeg drømme om den dagen da jeg vil stå og kjempe tilbake."

edit: Sentence 1 is edited to reflect clarification below.
  9. Kruge Moderator

ah, you're right: I should have written "It's our right to fight" - that what it says in the German line. Thanks for pointing that out!
    Do you mean they're spelled backwards the way I see them here? (as in "sdrawkcab")?
  10. codeman177 Moderator

Actually never mind the script is correct the exclamation points are on the right, when they should be on the left everything else is right.
  11. Kruge Moderator

Ok, great, thanks!
  12. Anonymous Member

This time it is for real, we wont show any fear, the fight is our right, come and show us what you got!
    這次是真正的,我們不會表露任何恐懼,這場鬥爭是我們的權利,來譲我們看你們有什麼本事! traditional Chinese
    这次是真正的,我们不会表露任何恐惧,这场斗争是我们的权利,来譲我们看你们有什么本事! simplified Chinese

Tonight I will dream of the day, when I will stand up and fight back.
    今晚我會做夢,總有一天,我會站起來並且還擊。 traditional Chinese
    今晚我会做梦,总有一天,我会站起来并且还击。 simplified Chinese
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Kruge Moderator

Thanks again! Out of pure interest: How "simplified" is "simplified Chinese" compared to the traditional form of writing? 2990 Characters instead of 3000? ;) Or does it refer to the complexity of individual characters?
  14. Spanishfag here!!!
    Sentence 1: Esta vez va en serio, no mostraremos ningun miedo, la lucha es nuestro derecho, ven y muestra lo que tienes.
    Sentence 2: Esta noche voy a soñar con el día, cuando me levante a luchar.

love <3 LOS
  15. Anonymous Member

^
    this, mostly.
  16. Anonymous Member

In simplified chinese, some of the more common characters that are more complicated (and annoying to write) are replaced with simpler forms.
    For the most part, someone unfamiliar with the characters will find them equally confusing.

[this][time] - [is] - [for real] - [it]

這次 - 是 - 真正- 的
    这次 - 是 - 真正- 的

[we] - [not] - [will] - [show] - [any] - [fear]
    我們 - 不 - 會 - 表露 - 任何 - 恐懼
    我们 - 不 - 会 - 表露 - 任何 - 恐惧

Both are recognizably "Chinese" to Chinese speakers.

To Taiwanese (and expatriots) the Simplified form tends to look sloppy.
    To mainland Chinese, the Traditional form is overly formal and tl;dr
  17. Kruge Moderator

- Thanks for the explanation! :)