Customize

Surf anonymous voip/vpn in Tehran

Discussion in 'Keeping Your Anonymity In Iran' started by patrick30, Jun 25, 2009.

1. patrick30 Member

Introduction:

In this article, I thought that I would explain about a subject which I have come to find important to my time while living in the Middle East.
    Even though our viewership is not as suppressed living here in Dubai as the poor souls living in Tehran, I thought I would suggest a solution to my problem that I have had which the residents in Tehran can use.

As we all know during our time working and living away from home, communication to loved ones is our life line especially when the cost of phone calls using local service providers are very expensive for international phone calls.

After spending much time on the internet recently, I have spent time researching alternative ways to communicate using VOIP providers that are normally blocked in certain Middle Eastern and Asian countries.

Having a fast internet connection, but with Skype and other VOIP websites blocked by my Internet Service Providers strict filters, I was struggling to find a way of bypassing these restrictions to use these services.

After spending several hours researching the subject further (something of which often gets discussed in varies Middle Eastern expat websites) and trying to find the best way to use these VOIP services, this is the best way to facilitate VOIP phone call.

At first I tried many proxy websites that have great claims to unblock all your internet traffic but to date I have never found a proxy service that will unblock all websites, but more importantly facilitate a VOIP call from the Middle East to Europe. The only method that I have managed to find that works well is via a VPN connection.

What is a Secure VPN connection?

VPN or what are commonly known as VPN (Virtual Private Network) tunnels, are frequently used by corporations and government bodies, to allow remote workers to make secure internet connections to the office network. VPN is currently the most advanced form of anonymity and data security for use on the Internet.

What website do I use?

After downloading a couple of paid VPN suppliers the best one I found are called YouSAB Community VPN Messenger|VPN service|Anonymous Surfing .
    The reason why I believe that this is the best one for my needs, is because of the features (that I copied from the website) that it has below, which ticks all the requirements that I am looking for:

1. Prepaid card facility- I like this feature because as mentioned above, the previous VPN suppliers that I used were only on yearly subscription that after paying 50$ it was hard work getting configuration setting or problems that I had with the service from technical support. Vpnmessenger.com allows you purchase credit as low as 3 USD, minimizing the risk versus a yearly or monthly payment subscription.

2. No more using unsecure proxy websites. When your using free proxy lists published on the internet be very careful when using these (in fact I strong advise you stay well clear) as these sites could use your details for their own purposes and at your great expense. Remember nothing in this life is for free!
    I also found that even when you use proxy sites certain ISP filtering system can still identify your using VOIP protocol and even though you can access websites like Skype the ISPs filtering system blocks you from using the messenger to make a phone call.

3. Secure VPN Messenger VOIP service. This is the first service of its kind to provide a VPN platform, which allows you to instant message and speak to your contacts (PC-PC) using the messenger. The voice quality is very good but sometimes it has a slight echo which I can personnel live with, but overall for the cost it far exceeds my needs.

4. Unblocks all your favourite websites. People who are interested in having a software that unblocks all your favourite websites this feature will really appeal to you, because all websites will be opened to you, even the UK TV websites that are blocked because your IP address is coming from the Middle East.
    What YouSAB Community VPN Messenger|VPN service|Anonymous Surfing does is provide you with a different IP address disguising your true country where youre connecting from.
    5. Software interface similar to MSN or Yahoo The vpn messenger interface is simple and easy and lacks all the whistles and bells that Yahoo and MSN does (emotion icons etc), but for what I am using it for I am not bothered. What is very good and allot better than Yahoo, is the fact that you can transfer credit to and from your contacts which is very useful.

6. Total security solution I travel allot on business and I have become really paranoid about connecting from WIFI hotspots (and for good reason) and I always use this VPN messenger to connect to the internet and the speed of the connection is good.

I hope that you will find this article of some interest to you if you are in the same position as me in the Middle East. In fact there are allot of members from the Middle East and China that will find this article very helpful, due to the very strict government viewership.

YouSAB LTD. | YouSAB Community | Your Online Universal Secured Administrated Business Community is a Secure VPN Messenger & VOIP Social, Administrated, Business Community that enables users to access & interact with their social and business peers, through totally secure downloadable VPN software.
  2. patrick30 Member

Spammer ?

How can you say that this is spamming?
    I have posted a question on yahoo Q&A got the reply downloaded the software and then written an article which is to help people on the forum board?
    I would not call this spamming i would call this contributing to this forum, perhaps try this yourself!!!
  3. VoipSipSdk

I am now looking for voip solutions. And found information about Voip sdk.
    According to their website (Voip Sip SDK - The easiest way to add dial and receive phone calls features to your applications. Soft phone sdk to make your soft developing easier! SIP activeX, activeX voip sdk)
    Voip sdk is based on IETF standards (SIP, STUN, etc.), so it should be compatible with other standard based products such as Asterisk, OpenSER other.

They have all features I need:
    # Dynamically loadable codecs
    # Registrar support
    # Play wav files into conversation
    # Record conversation into file
    # Hold/Retrieve call
    # Forward Call (Blind Call Transfer)
    # Transfer Call (Attended Transfer)
    # Mute Sound
    # VPN support
    # Noise reduction
    # Auto gain
    # Jitter buffer parameters
    # Samples on Delphi, C#, VB, VB.NET, C++ 2005, C++ 6.0, HTML (SIP ActiveX)
    # Windowless samples on C++ and .NET
    # DTMF
    # Adaptive silence detection
    # Adaptive jitter buffer
    # STUN support
    # Comes as ActiveX control

But before I will download the evaluation version I would like to hear other people experience.
  4. patrick30 Member

vpnmessenger UPDATED

Just a quick update to let you know that www.vpnmessenger has just updated its user manual to show you how you can build your own contact list so you can chat and VOIP call to while secure with VPN.

http://www.vpnmessenger.com/YouSAB_Messenger_User_Manual.pdf

Other things which are explained in the user manual are the following:

Main Messenger interface explained
    Installing the Yousab Messenger for XP,ME, 2000 & 98 Windows
    Vista Users Configuration
    Registering a Yousab INTERCARD account
    Finding and adding VPN contacts
    Instant message your VPN contacts
    Start and Receive Voice conversation with your VPN contacts
    View, edit and change your profile
    View one of your VPN contacts' profile
    Change your VPN messengers skin
    Balance Transfer of credits from your account to your VPN contacts

AND LOTS MORE!
  5. patrick30 Member

Best way to surf anonymously

After living and working in the IT industry, in Dubai, for the last 8 years, (which has censorship of Internet content), some of my colleges and I, managed to create VPN software to allow freedom for all on the internet.

After encouraging responses from the YouSAB community, we formed a company called YouSAB Ltd, in alliance with the payment gateway provider Gulhmes Ltd, to provide a VPN service which is a little different from other VPN providers.

What is the YouSAB community?

YouSAB is a Secure VPN & VOIP messenger service that enables users to access and interact with their social and business peers, through totally secure downloadable VPN software.

Originating from a vision of freedom and security, YouSAB was born out of a desire to fundamentally change the way people communicate.

YouSAB Ltd, and Gulhmes Ltd, veterans of the Internet payment security and high tech security industries respectively, joined together to create an easy to use, consumer-centric, truly converged peer-to-peer service, enabling its users to take control of their on line security from one single place on their computer.

One of the main purposes for the development of YouSAB community was to take a conventional VPN set up, and provide more usable features the ‘every day person’ can use to remain safe while online, at a fraction of the industry price.

What is the difference between YouSAB messenger and other VPN providers?
    One of the main differences of the VPN messenger compared to other VPN providers is; VPN messenger has taken the highly secured method of VPN and added an additional layer of security protection using proxy Dynamic TCP tunnels Network, so if the VPN network was ever comprised, Internet users would have the safety of a proxy network to keep them anonymous at all times. Coupled with these two layers of protection are a whole host of features that really make YouSAB Messenger stand out from other VPN providers.

These include the following:

A platform where YouSAB community users can use two forms of communication, VOIP and Messenger texting.
    YouSAB messenger, as the name suggests, allows all of its users to invite and build a buddy list of all their YouSAB contacts that they wish to communicate with, via VOIP and messenger. All members’ accounts have in built VOIP and messenger features, so users can use both forms of communication to contact their business, or social contacts across the VPN network.

Both methods are highly secured, and both are totally anonymous to the outside world, with no third party monitoring communications. We have had several independent reviews of the speed of the service, and download quality is very acceptable and voice quality is comparable to Skype, and Call serve PC-PC. YouSAB accounts also have profiles where users can post business or personnel information about themselves, if they wish.

Once connected to the VPN network, you are provided with uncensored internet use, and a non traceable IP address.
    YouSAB messenger unblocks all your favorite websites, which are deemed, unsuited for viewership by your Employer, Internet Service Provider or country Government E.g. VOIP providers, and Unblock Facebook. It also gives you a bogus IP address, which is non-traceable, even to a highly experienced hacker.

This program really works well for users who are using unsecured Wi-Fi hot spots, or people who want to file share without fear of authorities tracking their activity.

Prepaid card facility that allows to you purchase credit to use the service for as low as 3 Euro, minimizing the risk versus a yearly, or monthly, payment subscription.
    The YouSAB messenger network, with its advanced features, was originally designed with the business network in mind. This was to assist in business activity at a fraction of the cost of normal VPN business networks. After been encouraged by good response from the public, based on YouSAB’s ease of payment, we decided to offer it to the public.

YouSAB is a micro pay as you use service, and is controlled by the payments solution provided YouSAB Intercard. This service is a highly secured form of collecting payments and it works in conjunction with the popular online merchant PayPal which handles all payments.

Intercard payment solution controls the debits, or credits, to and from your YouSAB messenger account. Intercard is responsible of providing a clear and transparent service so you are able to understand at all times, what you have been charged, to the nearest micropayment.

Without getting into the complex workings of Intercard, the basic numbers that you need to be aware of are:
    100 units of Intercard credit, is equal to 1 euro. This will allow you 40 hours of using your YouSAB messenger service.

Intercard will deduct 0.125 units every 3 minutes that you use the service, so you can be sure that you are getting value for money at all times.

YouSAB offers you different values of Intercard credit which are:
    300 units which will give you 120 hours of use for 3Euro

500 units will give you 240 hours of use for 5 Euro

1000 units will give you 500 hours of use for 10 Euro

One of the best features of using Intercard is; you can use it to carry out balance transfers to and from your Intercard account. This feature was introduced as a test bed for our soon to be released online money exchange bureau, that users will be able to use to exchange online currency at favorable exchange rates e.g. PayPal to Web money.

These are just three main features for the YouSAB community, but we continue to work from feedback from our users (which we welcome), to further improve the service, so we that we can all retain our privacy while online.

You already started a topic with the same thing, please don't keep posting more or less the same thing in new threads
  6. Kruge Moderator

My thoughts exactly...
  7. ArturBell Member

My name is Arthur, I bought VPN Service and now I am having problem to setup to configuration. I can connect to vpn server normally by using windows 7, but the problem is remote access not working, I have given my IP address to my VOIP client to send me call/route but I don't know why calls are not coming.
    I give him only IP address because I don't know which is my remote access user name and pass and Port to access. Can someone tell me where I can find this information? Or just simple give me some set up guide?
    I have DD-WRT supported router (Linksys E2000) and I use OpenVPN
    I used set up instructions from link but I got message that "The remote connection was denied because the user name and password combination you provided is not recognized, or the selected authentication protocol is not permitted on the remote access server."
    Please someone help me
    Thank you
  8. You have posted a message to a very old WWP thread (2009/10) and thread necromancy is not appreciated at WWP.

Also, WWP is not a technical services web site. While someone might volunteer to supply information for questions such as yours, it would be unrealistic of you to expect it.

I suggest you treat Google as your friend and work on locating a forum that attends to problems such as the ones that you have identified.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. nahla111 Member

i travel a lot and i tried many vpn services because i faced lots of problems to access voip and blocked websites and surf anonymously. am using good vpn service now in every country i go , i suggest it for you.
    http://www.internetwasel.com/best-vpn-for-iran/