Customize

Subtitles and Captions

Discussion in 'Translation and Text Composition Projects' started by Anoncracy, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Anoncracy Member

Subtitles and Captions

I am severely hard of hearing/going deaf, so i love you guise srs. On a deaf people message board I recently saw that youtube is planning on adding an option to allow people to add subtitles. Hulu has subtitles (though i'm not sure that's applicable for us?) and idk about vimeo. But since so many things have been transcribed already, it'd be awesome if someone who was tech savvy could go and set them up as subtitles that would play as you watch the video (yeah, i know, radio shows not really apply, unless someone made a video of it just to add the subtitles.. lol )

Also, I haven't been able to find subtitles for The Bridge or The Profit. Can anyone help?
  2. Thom Member

Re: Subtitles and Captions

I wish I could help you! I am searching this site for info on signing at events and CC everything. I am not deaf yet, I dont want to be misleading. I studied sign and hung with a HH crowd for along time. I did fingerspell and sign @ a raid a whole bunch of Anons joined in once a friend told them what I was doing. When I saw they were copying me because the cult was blaring noise @ us and trying reverse psychology by using recordings of other Anon raids I made sure to keep it simple so they could follow along. If they thought they could drown out the message with noise I chose silence and it was great. I couldnt make out half what they were trying to drown us out with anyways. It was srsly great to have all these Anons fingerspellling in unison. There has got to be something about ESL or ASL or something on this site, but I havent found it yet. Feel free to email me or personal message me if you find something. If you want Ill do the same. Even if you find some vids that are CC'd it would be great. Anybody else out there????????