Customize

Strange Doin's @ Gold Base

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by xenubarb, Nov 30, 2009.

1. xenubarb Member

Strange Doin's @ Gold Base

Got this last week from AO:

grader.jpg

Remember, this area is a flood plain. Interesting berm they've erected here:
    grading_berm.jpg

Recognise anyone in these photos?

gold base grading pictures by xenubarb - Photobucket
  2. _You_ Member

Re: Strange Doin's @ Gold Base

The place sure could use some loud speakers, playing the/ a loud radio.

Got any proof, AO?

[inb4blabla]
  3. xenubarb Member

Golden Era people don't have cars. There is a pic of a big dumpster and a couple of cars belonging to the people clearing brush. Not proof, exactly, but hey. I hardly think that any workers from Gold wouldn't just walk over there.

Apparently the cult permits allowing staff to drive are hard to get. Then there's license and registration. You telling me you think they can afford this on under .50 cents an hour?

Occam suggests otherwise.
  4. avbb Member

Not sure if Cali has the same air quality controls as Nevada, but the EPA would cite them in a heartbeat with all that dust kicked up and no water trucks in sight. Any posted permits? If not, someone needs to file reports. OSHA might like to be enlightened as well, no protection for the operators. Big no-no!
  5. xenubarb Member

AO told me that the law is, when grading you're required to water the site down and there was no water truck. The driver of the grading machine isn't wearing any protection against dust, which in Riverside can be lethal. There's a bacteria called Coccidiosis (or maybe that's the disease) present in soil in these here parts. It killed one of the San Diego Zoo gorillas years ago. My cousin came down with it after digging for quartz crystals. Not sure a paper mask would help, but going bare nosed is just teh stupid.

There are no posted permits. There are no permits filed at the county admin building. AO has informed the land use office, and will get more pix up soon.
  6. xenubarb Member

Links to Board of Supes meeting addressing grading:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix9-x2UjTZs"]YouTube- Scientology: Nov. 24, 2009 Jeff Stone's Changing Story + Grading at Gold Base[/ame]
  7. xenubarb Member

Lrn 2 intel.

Are you out there taking photos? No.
    Should I have posted the pix and taken credit? No.

This is interesting, and a curious development on a FEMA identified flood plain. No records of permits filed, no posted permits filed, no water trucks as per law.

Cult is just doing whatever it feels like, regardless of the law, looks like. The grading could lead to problems later on if the El Nino winter is a bad one.

But because of the source of the pix, you think they're worthless? That's kind of screwy.
  8. _You_ Member

The "info" (which hasnt been backed up by a secondary source other than Francois' ass) is extremely minimal in the grand scheme of things. Knowing the track record of the people he reported it to, and knowing the intellectual way Francois speaks, I'm sure they were like "lol ok nutjob" and if anything happens, they will just go out and give CoS a slap on the wrist.
  9. Re: Strange Doin's @ Gold Base

I agree with the Barb.
  10. BigBeard Member

Are they getting ready to build something, plant something, or just stripping whatever passes for top soil to increase erosion due to wind & rain?

BigBeard
  11. _You_ Member

inafter OSA decides they don't liek this thread very much :D
  12. _You_ Member

they've gotta get that road closed somehow
  13. avbb Member

Oh just THINK of the mud slide they would be creating! That road would be closed for MONTHS!
  14. _You_ Member

Give over. Watch the vids. Put brain in gear. Prioritise. Go back to the hole you came from. DIAF.
  15. LocalSP Member

Agreed
  16. _You_ Member

It's hard to see how deep the berm is. I'm assuming by the width of the tire track (that looks like a truck tire track) that the raw dirt is about 3 feet wide.

If the berm lies WITH the contour lines of the land, it could be considered grading to SLOW water runoff and erotion. If the berm (trench) lies across the contours, then it's a ditch that will erode badly.
  17. _You_ Member

I assume that AO has notified the proper permitting authorities and the gov't agencies that would be involved? Since all of this info is second hand he should report it if he hasn't already.
    Barb, has he done that, or did I have a tl;dr moment and miss that?
  18. mnql1 Member

Excuse me for jumping in, but AnonOrange reported this grading activity, showing photographs, at the Nov. 24 Board of Supervisors meeting (3rd video in xenubarb's earlier post) and Jeff Stone *promised* enforcement of county ordinances if the grading was done without a permit.
  19. Sponge Member

He did indeed promise.
    So, have the dox been given to county officials and the official complaint route taken by AO or anyone?
  20. xenubarb Member

Update:
    Just heard from AO in Riverside. Big construction crew digging and some earth movers. Cult is putting a sewerage pond next to the road; leach pond. No permits, watershed open space.

I think this could be another tactic to get the highway shut down. This project is probably another one of those "yeah we had no permits but it's done now so can't you just write us an exemption" type of thing like they did with the fences that encroached on the easement. I know that they'd been trying to get an exemption for the fence, but finally moved it back onto their own property.

If they fuck with the watershed without permission, it won't end well. More pix will be up later. The work crew was all Mexicans, so probably outside help.

So who all needs to be contacted? FEMA, EPA, any other alphabet soups?
  21. Belladonna Member

I'm making a wild guess here:
    State Water Resources Control Board - Santa Ana Region
  22. TehHerro Member

can you guys quit being failfags and do the following
    1. If you question the dox, get your ass out there with a camera and check that shit out yourself
    2. The local gov there is pretty much useless as fuck, try the state and/or Fed, namely EPA, possibly the USDA, or OSHA for dust violations
  23. EyeOnSci Member

OT: <333 your avatar!

yesOTmaybeadouble-entendre ;-)

kindaontopic: coccidioidomycosis is part of the lower sonoran life zone- the U. S. south west. The fungal disease leaves spores in the dirt and when the dirt is kicked up by sudden aggravation such as flash floods and likely, grading the dirt, the spores become aerosoled and then are inhaled into the next host. Coccidioidomycosis is a very nasty disease.

...and now back to AOisunreliableAOisreliableNoU...
  24. xenubarb Member

Not to my knowledge. The permit office is aware of it, at least, because he checked there for permits. I think some poonage is needed and we need to move on this, once I find out the right agencies. Needs to be done before the project is finished.
  25. avbb Member

Report Fraud, Waste
    and Abuse in EPA Programs

1-888-546-8740
  26. xenubarb Member

Thanks. Will call as soon as I get today's pictures.
  27. avbb Member

Don't forget Nathan Baca!
  28. ARC Member

The AO hate- and fan-clubs have a convention in the Thunderdome, so I moved some posts there.

This thread is about the grading and dust issue, and getting in touch with the workers.
  29. TehHerro Member

Notice of Alleged Safety or Health Hazards

OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration) complaint form. In short, if it is a dangerous work environment, they can shut down ANY job site. This is a federal agency and therefore, Jeff Stone can't bury any investigations from it.
  30. nowout Member

The guy with a white flowered shirt fixing the gate looks like Martin Reid - Estates Sec.
  31. BigBeard Member

I just did a quick check and if that's a flood plain, and they plan to put a sewage pond out their, then they have to have completed an Enviromental Impact Study and obtained a permit from the EPA before any work can commence. Heavy fines for non-compliance.

That's not counting any required local or state construction permits or enviromental impact reviews.

I suspect they've just shot off another toe (do they have any left?), but I'm at work and don't have time to deal with an EPA complaint at the moment.

BigBeard
  32. Ann O'Nymous Member

If it is another scientology's antics, they will finished to be hurt big time as soon as some US official will have the guts to go against it.
  33. TehHerro Member

that is where we come in, we can prod the media, the media takes the screws to publicly elected officials, publicly elected officials turn up the heat on agencies and so on
  34. xenubarb Member

Launched a RL poon to a party who was verrry innnterested. Not media, but agree that Baca might want a headsup.
  35. AnonymousNow Member

this. Also, from the standpoint of protecting the general public, the EPA (this may be EPA "region nine," but need confirmation), in part, regulates dust culprits. I bet they have failed to comply with any of the regs considering they have just made a massive pile of dirt dust and simply left it uncompacted. Data on dirt dust is clear that it is indeed a hazard which is why the epa is monitoring it-- region nine is already out of compliance with epa's standard of particulate matter. I can't provide links at the moment. We need to determine proper epa region and hit the poons with those photos.

I also think this should be addressed locally. Stone can't be held to breaking his agreement without formal complaints brought through the proper channels. If such complaints are not made to the proper authorities, well, that just gives stone plausible deniability.
  36. _You_ Member

NRCS - Natural Resources Conservation Service

Don't forget them. They are feds.
  37. Avery1 Member

Good work.
  38. _You_ Member

NYPA. Will you never learn?
  39. blownforgood Member

Martin Reid is bald. That guy has hair.

That guy in the pic is Matz Markowitz or Martin Habschied. Hard to tell with the hat, but both have that color hair and work in Estates and drive dozers.

BFG
  40. Re: Strange Doin's @ Gold Base

anyone notice that koolaid stocks are going up lately?