Customize

Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

Discussion in 'New Members Area - Start Here' started by Anonymous, Feb 10, 2008.

1. AGH RMS Member

Help a newb?

I can not access my Settings and Options in the User CP. I wanna edit my avater (or lack thereof) and edit my options, but when I click either, I get this

"1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

... Help?
  2. Re: Help a newb?

your account ... it may be awaiting activation
  3. AGH RMS Member

Re: Help a newb?

How can I activate it, then? I mean, reactivate it? I already activated it, and deleted the email. Can I get another one sent?
  4. Anonymous Member

There's probably a minimum number of posts you need to make to gain non-spam suspect status.
  5. Lunatron Member

Yeah, I think there's a min number of posts one must make; I'm assuming it's probably also mod discretion on the quality of said posts before one can edit their own options.

I'm in the same n00b boat as you, lol.
  6. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

I am not 100% sure about this so don't hold me to it:

There may also be a time factor to it as well. Meaning you have to be here X number of days/hours too.
  7. Lunatron Member

Huzzah - I can edit my options! Just go post, and forget about it, and before you know it you'll be able to, as well, lol.
  8. JohnnyRUClear Member

HANG IN THAR, NOOBZ

SOMETHING CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT
  9. AGH RMS Member

Thanks ^^' I'll get to posting now.
  10. TheDerpster Member

Best answer, after about 7 posts I was able to edit all my personal settings and select an avatar (icon)
  11. TheDerpster Member

Re: I'm a newb, so can you answer my questions?

Deep questions, sorry I'm not qualified to answer them. You will see user names in red or orange if you are color blind like me and those are mediators or moderators, they can help you if you ask them. Not a bad idea to add them to your contacts either as you happen across them.
  12. Anonymous Member

Well that explains 7 of your pointless posts, but what about the rest of them?
  13. TheDerpster Member

You mad bro?
    Hehe
    • Like Like x 1
  14. re: Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

Hello fellow Anons.I have a couple Questions:Is this illegal right now?What if you can't go to these places for the operations? Like Operation:Chanology I did some research :/.Will i get hacked just by saying this?May i call you /b/rothers as such or is that just a 4 chan thing?Ok i have to go fellow Anons thanks.We are one.We are Legion.We don't forgive.We dont forget...Have a good day Anons.
  15. I sock Member

re: Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

Masks are legal in some states and countries, in others not. Pleas check you state/country laws before getting yourself into trouble. Notice that wide hats, wigs, sunglasses etc ate legal everywhere. If you want to do real life protests, make sure you are not easy to identify.

Not at all. It is not practical for everyone to protest in real life (and some are just lazy). There is plenty to be done from your own living room though. Mostly, this is a battle of information, and our weapons are the truth. Keep yourself informed, and use your right to express your opinion whenever the cult try to spread their less than truthful bullocks. Making sure the cult can't get away with their lies and deception is a very important part of our canpaign. No DDoSing though, keep it legal!

The local lingo is "fag". You're a newfag, I'm a "newfag herder", those that do it for fun are lulzfags and those that do it for the right reason are moralfags. /b/rothers is kind of faggy.
  16. Mythic Member

For my sanity use your space bar after fullstops and paragraph. Please?
  17. Anonymous Member

For my sanity, proofread your posts. Punctuation is love.
  18. re: Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

thanx i sock i owe u but i mite have more questions I am a part of a operation.wat happens if i dont do my part + im from north and stuff like san diego is like hard to get to + no car :( ?Can i talk to you about the opertaion and see if you are aware?(my user name givesit away g2g thanx newfag herder i sock!+ for a laugh say mike hawk fastly outloud
  19. Waco anonman Member

while i too be a newb, i can tell that some of us just don't get the reason that anonymous started the war on scientology, ie internet censorship and the illegal means by which it gained tax exempt status. also, longcat is indeed very, very long. so long in fact that it would be futile too measure longcat's length.:cool:
  20. re: Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

Thank you i can't go be cause im in another country and i don't have a car and i really think if it's of the esence of life and death if i don't go i will die i will try to go :)
  21. re: Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

You know we have a presence in Toronto right?
  22. re: Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

i'm sorry i'm not the best speller but i'm definitely not looking in the dictionary every time sorry to be mean and all i'm just saying i'm a fine speller when i want to be :)
  23. re: Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

no but im not able to drive yet so i can't really go I'm not close to Toronto I'm a little far + around Halloween i got the vendetta mask sadly the sponge fell off but it is fine now ...um do you have any subjection's for telling your friends to join or get them to understand the terms that what I'm doing is a good thing and not to think I'm a d-bag...
  24. re: Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

Well there isn't any Scientology presence in your city so I don't know what you'd be going to.

Looks like we have a presence in Kitchener which looks to be closer to your location. They haven't posted here since July, though.
  25. re: Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

nvm
  26. re: Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

yes?
  27. Miranda Member

If you're not able to drive yet, you may be a bit young for raiding. Make sure to discuss that with your local cell (and your parents), and go with someone rather than alone.
  28. re: Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

sorry about that but thanx that is closer!Rufus I added you...um have you attended any presence umm
  29. re: Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

thax but i feel that it's like a rebellion (DON'T HACK ME IF THAT OFFENDS PLEASE!!!)something that gives you power that feels like a proud thing to do the right thing if you will
  30. re: Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

g2g thanx for helping
  31. re: Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

back
  32. Anonymous Member

The whole "hackers on steroids" thing is over-rated. Providing you're following some standard safe-computing advice (don't use Internet Explorer, keep up to date with Windows Update, don't install un-trustworthy software, do not use free / un-encrypted wifi) and don't make any literal enemies I'd say you'll be fine.

It is fairly liberating, because mainstream society views protesting - especially old-skool "angry mob with signs" style - as being unusual and maybe even subversive. At the same time, because we're not protesting "against The Man" (i.e. not anti-government), we generally get professional and polite response from the police.
  33. re: Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

thanxcan anyone else help me with some anwsers to anything
  34. Anonymous Member

I think you need to spend some more time on this forum while posting less until you figure out how things work. For instance, this isn't a chat room. Announcing when you're leaving and when you're coming back is unnecessary and a little annoying. Also I would say if you're not in high school yet then I'd sit this whole Chanology thing out unless you have some really personal salient encounter with Scientology (like your family is in or one of their front groups is showing up at your school). But that's just my opinion.

Is English your first language?
  35. Anonymous Member

I'm inclined to agree with this person.
  36. Anonymous Member

If you want a chat room, there is one. (If you're oldskool and would rather use an irc client, then it's irc.anonnet.org #whyweprotest - but judging by the general aura of noob, i'm guessing not.)

We don't want to judge you based on your age, but if you type like a small child then people will treat you like one. If you want anyone to care about anything you type, show that you care about it too by making it readable.
  37. Miranda Member

This is good advice. Take good advice from people who have been here a while. You'll be glad you did.
  38. re: Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

I'm sorry k i get it it's just I'm a newfag and you should be happy I'm reaching out to you from a different age that way you can make the awareness to a lower age group as well to participate. We may not attend but we can gather information as well. Remember read the bottom left corner. It says:We are Anonymous,You can be Anonymous. Now please understand what I'm trying to say.
  39. re: Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

yes
  40. Many0fOne Member

Helping Out

Hello, within the past few weeks I have been learning as much as possible about Anonymous and the cult of Scientology. Anonymous has awakened my inner activist and I want to help out as much as I can. I am pretty tech savvy. but I need to know what methods on the computer are the most useful, and legal, as well as how to do them. I also would like to know the best way to go about informing my peers to the information that changed my life(e.g. flyers, conversation, ect). Any help is greatly appreciated; I really have a deep passion for human rights and the freedoms that should and WILL be enjoyed by such humans. So ,to anyone that can give me useful info, it will not go to waste.