Customize

Steve Brackett - OT - commits suicide

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by pooks, Jun 8, 2009.

1. TheStig Member

Re: Steve Brackett - OT - commits suicide

Or perhaps you stumbled into a tiger pit that I dug for someone else?

Muahahahahahahahaha!

Anyhow. No reset buttons under bridges on the California coast, sad to say...
  2. Anonymous Member

3. Anonymous Member

Sent.
  4. TinyDancer Member

STOP WITH THE DERAILS PLEASE!
  5. pooks Member

6. Trev6 Member

Me, me! Ling to said video would make my day easier, tho.

<3 TD
  7. lothar Member

Derails make baby jebus cry. This is immune to derail:
  8. JohnnyRUClear Member

/derail

Plenty of other places to gaze into each other's navels. :)

So... is there a way to contact Cartwright and ask/inform her about this situation? Would it be wise to do so?
  9. TinyDancer Member

Post #243.
  10. mickturate Member

its the bridge innit!

the real bridge.
  11. uouV Member

Re: Need help investigating this death

Doesn't DM look like the manager in Employee of The Month? Totally not related, I know.
  12. Anonymous Member

So, more then once ex's think of suicide as an option, because they see no other way out.

Thus what they need is some alternative.

So if someone would ask for advice, what would you tell them?
  13. Anonymous Member

They can still solo-audit just like David Carradine, but remember not to wrap the cans too tightly when doing the AEA to achieve rockslams.
  14. Anonymous Member

I think the word you're looking for is &quot;ideology&quot;. Scientology is about as religious as Nazism or Maoism, which have religious/spiritual aspects to them even though they are anti-religion at first glance, but they are primarily economic and political.

Now all aboard the Kool-Aid train!
    2r71r36.jpg
  15. auchraw Member

If an addiction to Scientology is created by auditing, and if auditing is psychotherapy, perhaps those who wish to leave the cult could be helped by a professional counter-therapy designed by others who have been cured of the same addiction? This to some extent is achieved by self-help groups such as AA, but the damage caused to its members by the organization calling itself the Church of Scientology is more profound than alcohol addiction.

No doubt such therapy exists; did I not read that Mike Rynder was advertising his services as a cult-buster? But he's perhaps not the most ethical person on the planet.

If such therapy is widely available, I haven't become aware of that fact in lurking in WWP.
  16. AnonLover Member

Fk that fugly old hag - she used Bart's voice to sell OT, let her have her delusional cult buffer from reality while they drain her of all her money, she's a lost cause.

The Bluemel blog said it was Brackett's mother & daughter who was being lied too. Those are the only folks that matter that we should be trying to figure out how to get the truth too. It's bad enough the cult destroys families & destroys lives, they shouldnt be able to get away w/ lieing about the harm they cause to the loved ones of the suicided ones.

and on this thought... what about the cops who handled the scene, perhaps they might be curious to find out why the family was blantantly lied too enough to follow up if they knew about this shit?
  17. SuseHartweg Member

okey, take a look at the light coming from the left side at the floor area. There is a shine at the leg of L. Stuckenbrock (?) als well as at the foot of Nancy Cartwright, but non at DM's legs or feet.
    Now imagine Steve Brackett taking the place of DM in that pic. It seems that the former lonely hand would fit now very well.

I suppose that DM was the one who missed the photo session....

Suse
  18. moreanonymous Member

Don't know that it would be uncommon to find parked cars in that area- there's a lot of pretty shit to see in the area...
  19. crockhat Member

Atheism itself doesn't suggest anything about the meaning of humanity etc. A-theism, greek for "without theism", means you don't believe in god(s). That's all.
    (Some people may be "strong atheists", though, and word usage can vary.)

Humanity is the human species, and human nature. Why do some people think that our lives must be bereft of any meaning, or perhaps morals and ethics, if gods are taken out of the picture? It's a fallacy.

It reminds me of people I've seen saying "OMG without god I'd instantly because a mass murderer! ARRRGH!"

I find it very sad that despite living in a wonderfully mysterious and complex universe, some of which mysteries we gradually unravel and understand, people still think humanity should be crucially defined in terms of an imaginary friend in the sky.

Part of humanity is that people have various beliefs and can differ. THERE is a good dose of humanity. Yet you would shoehorn humanity into a specific belief?

As for god(s) - d0x pl0x. Ancient books containing assertions about imaginary friends doesn't count.

(Although, perhaps you could try the falsifiable assertions provided in the bible if you believe in the bible. Perhaps handling poisonous snakes? Or drinking poison? To anyone considering themselves christian, and who wouldn't do these things, then why not? Ask yourself that.)

Why Won't God Heal Amputees? ftw.
  20. Mutante Member

21. Anonymous Member

lolwut no
  22. Anonymous Member

23. Anonymous Member

Lonsdale: Maybe not suicide. Ron Savelo and others in Clearwater may have more information.
    /derail

24. none given Member

lol no, but I am a chain smoker.
  25. chrisanon Member

You're thinking of Marty Rathbun, who is essentially a Freezoner. He believes Co$ has corrupted Hubbard's precious tech.

If AA believed impure alcohol caused alcoholism, and prescribed Everclear as a cure, they'd be Marty Rathbun.

Scn is actually the reason effective therapy for ex-cultists is so difficult to find. They've discouraged university research into mind control and financed intellectually dishonest New Religious Movement academics who pretend thought-reform doesn't exist.

In the 1980s and early '90s, they drove a prominent Harvard-affiliated psychiatrist who specialized in cult recovery to an early death.

For me, those are big reasons why.
  26. auchraw Member

To follow on this would explain why he is in full naval fig and Nancy looks as though she had been to a barbecue. And what is that strange long dark object with mysterious shadows in front of the person two along to the right (LS?) The shadows are very strange altogether. Not that it matters. Perhaps they shooped it when the marriage did not take place but did not notice the Hand.

Does anyone else ever feel there is an intelligent being within the Scientology organization trying to make contact? So this predates Anon but so does protest.
  27. auchraw Member

Maybe Marty Rathbun, then. Someone very senior in OSA who blew? I think he was selling second-hand cars and was photographed in very buddy-buddy pose with Jason Beghe, after JB left the cult. Living in NM or wherever. Not that it matters much.

If there is a problem with the availability of corrective psychotherapy, can we do anything about this? Recruit a few psychs with steel balls (in either place) and tell them they could soon have a lot of patients?

We/you now know a lot more about the cult than a few years ago, and those who blow are already willing and half-way reformed if not driven into bridge-jumping; so it might not be too difficult to set up some kind of centres.
  28. none given Member

yeah, I'm knee-jerking due to personal experence; I watched the family next door fail to recover.
    Back on topic: are wills a matter of public record? I would like to see where the money goes in all these CoS related deaths.
  29. LilDebbie Member

why do you think the CCHR exists? why LRH railed against psychiatry? the last thing they want is for $cilons to get therapy, as they would pretty much immediately leave and sue the cult after a few cult-busting sessions.

and off topic, but AA is just as much a cult as $cientology, although AA does actually get you to stop drinking as opposed to $cilons being just as fucked in the head when they went in (if not more so).
  30. TinyDancer Member

Selling cars = Mike Rinder
    Photo with Beghe = Marty Rathbun
  31. Mutante Member

The moment any group manages to pull this off, as a genuine non-profit, Scientology will have been dealt a terminal kick in the throat.

Reasons why it hasn't happened yet? After all, there are many wealthy ex-Scientologists who like to say lots of cosy words about helping people.
  32. JohnnyRUClear Member

For sure? Dox??
  33. Anonymous Member

Mike sells cars for a living. He told me so. All this "dox or stfu" has gotten really childish.
  34. Consensus Member

I'm (arrogantly) confident I could do it - the only problem is, the other person has to participate willingly. And there's not much I can do to help them make that decision. If they refuse to listen, there's nothing I can do to persuade them.
  35. auchraw Member

Yes, sure I understand very well why Scientology avoids psychiatrists and psychotherapists. A professional psychotherapist would immediately recognise what the Co$ was doing and come down on them.

But therapy could help people who are disillusioned and about to jump off a bridge and I never see it mentioned.
  36. Mutante Member

A critical mass of ex-Scientologists visibly supporting a new and genuine 'safe landing' free scheme (I don't mean FZ because teh tech is fucked whichever way you cut it), some good communications with those still in to see how attractive it is, would be one hell of a win.

It's not like some OG don't know about cult de-programming and enough experience exists across the critic movement to determine what hasn't worked before.

I wonder how many Scientologists tried psychotherapy before Dianetics or how many of them avoided the perceived stigma associated with mental healthcare by picking up the cans as an act of self-medication. What I mean is, whatever might work in theory almost certainly can't be presented as anything related to genuine psychology for reasons additional to Scientology's 'THE PSYCHS ARE BAD' mantra.

Enough 'blown' exs are around to at least kick around a design. I think a notional get-me-the-hell-out-of-Scientology scheme would be quite easy to describe if not so easy to implement and operate.
  37. auchraw Member

Thanks, TD. I'll try to remember but I'm not sure I'll ever get them sorted out. One of them was advertising his services as a consultant or therapist of some sort. It didn't seem ideal given his part in the traumas caused.
  38. Mutante Member

That was Rathbun. There's a thread about it if you do a search.
  39. pooks Member

LOL!
  40. Re: Steve Brackett - OT - commits suicide

BETTER DEAD CLUB, the "the world
    owes me a living" preclear (or student) is a
    candidate for the Better Dead Club. There
    were two branches of this club, by the
    way-better dead for their own sakes and better
    dead for the sake of others. Demands by
    individuals for free service on any pretext
    should be given a light, airy laugh. It doesn't