Customize

Stealth ninja pwns CCHR promoter and child hater Meryl Dorey

Discussion in 'CoS Front Groups' started by Anonymous, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

I hate antivax disinformation more than I hate Scientology disinformation. But there's an overlap so protesting either one is a win for me.
  2. Anonymous Member

No, only stupid Scientology friendly doctors like Jay Gordon share this "concern."
  3. Anonymous Member

So you being here really has nothing to do with CoS at all. You could have just said so.
  4. Anonymous Member

Maybe if you share your own motivations that will inspire me.
  5. CarterUSP Member

Next time I'm fighting hard for freedom of speech, I will remember this moonbat thread and maybe I won't fight so hard.
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Clamosaurus Member

spliffycat.gif

u can haz mellow nao
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

Yawwwwnnnnn
  8. ZeroC Member

@EauTheHypocrisy, I would advise that you purchase this:

258troll_spray.jpg

Unfortunately though, the same company also makes a troll vaccine, which some argue has been linked to turning those who are given it at an early age into basement dwellers.
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Anonymous Member

I am here to defend the lone antifax poster. I am also completely against the evils of the fax and I think that we should abolish this scourge within our lifetime so that our children can be safe and healthy.

free-faxing.jpg

For more information on the antifax movement see here:

Five Good Reasons to Trash Your Fax Machine
    Category: Fax

I can't believe how many professional offices still insist on sending and receiving documents by fax. It's like they've never heard of email or the Internet. I'd love it if you could give me a list of reasons why people should stop using old fashioned fax machines. I'll e-fax it to my accountant!
    Let's Stamp Out Fax Machines in Our Lifetime!

http://askbobrankin.com/five_good_reasons_to_trash_your_fax_machine.html
    • Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

Come back and whine at us after he's dead from something stupid like cholera, or polio, or one of the flu mutations.

Did I have a choice to not get vaccinated before kindergarten?
    No.
    Is that "forced vaccination?"
    Of course it is. You don't think kiddies volunteer for shots, do you?

Did I ever get polio or smallpox?
    No.
    Do I know people who did?
    Yes. Pre-polio vaccine, many older Americans suffered from permanent nerve damage from polio.
    Are diseases weaker today because we've seen no outbreaks?
    No. The outbreaks haven't happened thanks to vaccines.

THIS JUST IN: 3 babies in Texas died of whooping cough last week, a preventable disease. Their parents did not have them vaccinated. Pakistan village leaders have eschewed the polio vaccine as some Western trick to poison or sterilize them. Nothing gets the ignorant rabbled up like a threat of sterilization!

Whooping cough, aka pertussis, is a preventable disease. I cannot stress that enough. Preventable. These babies didn't have to die, but they had morons for parents. Better luck next time, kiddies!

Eu de Buffoon would be a more appropriate nick. Or Eu de Derp. Please go die in a plague, thank you.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

A third of Europe's population died of the Black Plague. If there'd been a vaccine it'd really be crowded here now.

You probably don't know this, but most anons are well-educated people who understand the difference between causation/correlation and idiots who connect dots that are really just fly shit.

When you bring your woo-woo idiocy here, you pulled in the response you got because frankly, most of us are smarter than you. Proof?
    The proof is in the woo.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. anon walker Moderator

You all drink from the same stinking brew of ignorance is why. They're just like you, deep in the woo.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

Unfortunately, it'll be the fate of her kids that's ironic. Like they die of yellow fever or cholera or something. There is a wide array of delightful diseases that can be vaccinated against.
    Some make your brain swell until you're stupid forever.
    Some make you slowly turn into primordial soup as your cells come apart and you leak blood from every orifice and pore.
    Some give raging fevers from which you can never recover.
    Some present as horrible pustulating boils. If you survive, you'll always be hideous.

There is NO SCIENTIFIC PROOF that vaccination causes autism. There is, however a new study that shows older men have a larger chance of launching an autistic baby. I don't hear any yelling about cutting the old men off from the vag to prevent autism.

Anyway, you have a choice. Risk some woo "threat" of autism thru vaccination that hasn't been proven or
    Watch your kids die while all the rest of the neighborhood seems fine.

You'll be the equivalent of that one kid in grade school who wasn't quite right, always smelled weird, and got strange things like pig skins for lunch. People whisper and point.

"See that house? Her one kid is crippled by polio and the other one died of strep throat. Pity. There are vaccines for that, but she was afraid of autism. Hah hah hah!"

Schadenfreude. It's your gift to us.
  14. Anonymous Member

fify
  15. anon walker Moderator

Awww, you've got a fan!
  16. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Please provide empirical data that supports your claims or verifies the events that happened to you.

It is quite possible that the autism your son has was already there and the reaction was coincidental/bad timing. However, without concrete empirical data to substantiate your claims, the trolling you are getting now is valid.

...and yes I know. Late to the party again :(
  17. anon walker Moderator

She reminds me of this woman for some raisin...
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Ought to post the Penn and Teller Bullshit that pretty much sinks all the woo from the anti-vaccine tossers...

...however, since I feel like it:

That guy looks like he ate lead paint and still does.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. anon walker Moderator

Don't hold your breath.
    Seriously, you could die that way. Or suffer permanent brain damage. Oh, wait...your unit is already faulty.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. Anonymous Member

Actually, unvaccinated people put not just themselves but also vaccinated people at risk. This happens because immunity, like most organic things, is variable.

If you ask, "how good is X vaccine?," what you mean is, "what are my chances of getting sick with the vaccine verses without?" The answer will be very different for a population where everyone is vaccinated verses a population where only half are vaccinated.

Viruses that infect humans need to get inside human cells in order to make more copies of themselves. And they don't live very long on objects like doorknobs and toilet seats. They must jump from one human to another with little in between. So we could wipe out certain viruses if we'd all hide from each other for a year or so, as that would give the virus nowhere to go.

Sociable people contact each other and then move apart at some frequency. If the average rate of contact is greater than the virus life cycle (the time it takes to infect a host, replicate, shed itself into the environment, and then infect a second host), then the infection will not spread through a population. This is why it's best not to go to work if you are sick.

Vaccination programs effectively reduce the number of places a virus can go when it leaves a host. That is how they work. They are not a guarantee that you, as an individual, will not get sick. But your odds of not getting sick will increase significantly if everyone around you is vaccinated.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Add to that: People around also engage in things like proper washing of hands, not going out when they feel off (even if they are not fully sick, but just feeling the beginnings of illness), and taking preventative steps can also be a big plus.
  22. anon walker Moderator

FIFY
  23. anon walker Moderator

Hopefully they are plague fleas.
  24. Anonymous Member

tl;dr: You get vaccinated for the sake of others and you pray that others will return the favor.
  25. anon walker Moderator

Here's a scenario that I wonder about. Public schools are getting more lax about demanding vaccinations. They're allowing exceptions for idiots like eu, and for religious reasons.

Say you have a kid, your kid is vaccinated, and alla sudden there's a bunch of unvaccinated kids from some moran parents. Say somebody in your kid's class dies because of this infestation of disease ridden rug monkeys. Can they sue the school?
    Or the parents?
    Seems that decisions should always come with repercussions, especially when your beliefs are endangering the health of everybody around you.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  26. Anonymous Member

No, that is just untrue. Many "front line" pediatricians do worry about being able to isolate the cause of an adverse reaction to vaccines when they are giving children 3 or 4 vaccines in a visit, AND each of those vaccines is a combo vaccine with 3-4 diseases covered in each.

Like I said I agree with the public health push, I agree with fast vax heavy schedules being put forward because it protects the majority in the lifestyle that they have aka both parents working, no time, little money, kids in daycare. Is this the healthiest thing for those kids individually... hard to say. But it is the healthiest thing for the community in general!!! So when wealthier families who have time and energy, (and the kids are not in daycare) want to better meet the individual needs of the family, and be more careful to avoid adverse reactions... I and pediatricians see no problem with this as long as children are fully immunized before they enter general populations (aka School). That is the key. If there was an outbreak of one of thee diseases, Doctors and other professionals would tell unvaccinated kids to stay home. So if kids are already home all day (not in daycare or other outside of home care) what is the problem? There isn't any. Because by the time the kids join the "herd" they will contribute to herd immunity. This is why Medical professionals don't push back on this point, because they agree.
  27. Anonymous Member

It's difficult to prove the source of infection during an outbreak when many people are sick.

If your vaccinated child is in a class with mostly unvaccinated children, there is a fair chance your child will get sick.

Vaccines are imperfect protection for individuals but kick ass protection for herds.
  28. Anonymous Member

No, just no. Seriously you have no idea what you are talking about.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

nightfire thinks my dismissive comment above was dumb so I will try to say a little more.

1. There is no way an individual pediatrician can determine if some component of a vaccine caused an adverse reaction for one of his patients.

2. When you count "vaccines," what are you counting? I think you mean to be counting antigens.

However, you don't realize how many antigens a child is exposed to in the ordinary course of living so you have no perspective. It's like your kid is on the beach playing in the sand and you are making a big deal about whether someone is putting ten verses twenty grains of sand on his foot.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/the-infection-schedule-vrs-the-vaccination-schedule/
  30. Anonymous Member

I will just leave your post un snipped;
    1. Adverse reactions, in every clinical trial each and every symptom of a trial group is categorized as an adverse reaction. Have you ever read a Physician's Drug Reference if you had and took the adverse reactions literally for every patient- no one would ever take any drug
    2. Parents holding off on vaccinations whether their child attends daycare or not, viruses and bacteria do not differentiate social status. Children will in the course of their everyday lives no matter the age come in contact with viruses and bacterial microbes.
    3. That a practicing pediatrician or any health care provider would be made aware of a disease outbreak and then call the affected patients telling them to stay out of population is ludicrous and patently false.

Yes practicing physicians will not force anyone to get vaccinated however they will advise against it.
  31. Anonymous Member

Julian Whitaker MD, gave a talk about a month ago on the dangers of vaccines at a Libertarian party meeting in Las Vegas. Below is an iPhone picture of one of his slides:

[IMG]

See if you can find the lulz. There are two.
    • Funny Funny x 3
  32. anonymous612 Member

Number of autism cases per 100 children = 100? What the fuck? (also, did he expect to have 120 cases in 100 kids? how? MAGIC?)

EVERYONE IS AUTISTIC.

Also, that projection looks bullshit. He can't possibly extrapolate his data in 2012 (look at where it falls on the chart) into that ridiculous exaggeration for 2040. Bullshit.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

I asked for two lulz but I see that you found three, anonymous612. This makes you 150% correct, which might seem strange as most people think that 100% is the most correct anyone can be. But I am using Whitaker math which makes all this perfectly sensible.
    • Funny Funny x 3
  34. anonymous612 Member

My sympathies on your (and everyone else's) inevitable autism in 2040.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  35. Anonymous Member

A small but vocal anti-vaccine group has been around for a hundred years or so now. When I was a child they were associated with chiropractors, John Birchers, and Christian Scientists. Everyone politely ignored them while allowing them to opt out of vaccine program and life went on smoothly. Herd immunity can tolerate a few percentage points of dissent.

But something has changed since the Andrew Wakefield debacle. Vaccines have become a big deal. Like most social phenomena there is no single root cause for the shift. Misunderstanding and opportunism may explain some of the mess. Just a quick timeline off the top of my head:

- Wakefield was given about a million dollars by an attorney (and homeopath) for his bogus study linking the MMR vaccine to bowel problems in autistic patients. This attorney represented several parents claiming vaccines injured their children.
    - The "mercury militia" --people promoting the idea we're all poisoned by mercury from thimerosal in vaccines and industrial pollution-- used Wakefield's study to scare people about vaccines. However, the MMR has never actually contained thimerosal.
    - Somehow this meme morphed into vaccines causing autism.
    - Then Jenny McCarthy decided her indigo child is autistic due to vaccines.
    - Then the Travoltas found Thoughtful House, a center for Andy Wakefield here in the US. Later they're distancing from Wakefield and articles about their financial contribution vanish from the webs.
    - Now the antivax brigade appear to be a dominant part of the Libertarian movement. Oh goody.

One can accept that vaccines are safe and effective and yet object to a compulsory vaccination program on political or ideological grounds. That is legit. What is not legit is fudging the facts to make a political fight seem more like a scientific fight.

I don't want polio to come back, which it will do with a vengeance if herd immunity drops. But I also share one value with the libertarians, that one's own body ought to be one's own. So I feel somewhat helpless as I watch the sophistication of the misinformation campaigns against vaccines. What can be done? Either the humans will wise up or they will not.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  36. DeathHamster Member

Julian Whitaker is either a Scientologist, or just a real big friend of theirs, who's on the Citizens Commission on Human Rights. (Not to be confused with another Dr Whitaker who turns up from time to time.)
    Code:
    http://whitakerhealthfreedom.com/
    http://www.whitakerwellness.com/
    http://www.drwhitaker.com/
  37. Anonymous Member

Yeah Whitaker like Jay Gordon and a few others are useful not-a-Scientologist-buts (NASB).

I have a hunch that the same few pharmaceutical firms make all the supplements these guys sell under their own brand names. Never had time to look into that though.

Affinity marketing, I think they call it, when people go, "You love Jesus? OMG I love Jesus too! Say, I've got these really great vitamins which I could sell to you at a discount." God, I wish America would wise up to this game.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  38. anonsoldier Member

I'd rather have a humidifier.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  39. DeathHamster Member

Big Placebo is a multi-billion dollar industry.