Customize

SPTimes Flashback - Lessons Learned from the past

Discussion in 'St Petersburg Times expose' started by AnonLover, Jun 22, 2009.

1. AnonLover Member

SPTimes Flashback - Lessons Learned from the past

EDIT: This is attempt #2 - rewritten OP post-cock-sucking

This thread is/was meant to b food4thought in terms of anons splendid ability to change / evolve / adapt as needed. After careful reflection, I think the cults responses in the SPtimes chapter 1 material confirms that scilons have definitely begun to change tactics. Here's what led to my conclusion:
    1. Tommy Davis singing a different tune over Jett Travolta and the church's stance on autism. This showed us they realized they needed to change tactics.
    2. The new ad campaigns emphasize a drastically different message. Its no longer about selling self help and dianetics being the only workable self help solution. New message is more about enlightentment & philosphical or spiritual answers. And to be promoted by Bob Adams (from executive ranks) instead of the usual PR lackeys (from administrative ranks). This showed us new battle plans include new material AND new form of spin doctoring.
    3. All these months they bawwwled religous persecution. Yet now their publicly releasing the confessionals to the SPTimes in terms of proving the defectors were lying. This shows them willing to sabotage their own religious practices to protect their Ecclestial leader.

Imo Some key aspect of how their attempting to handle their public image probs is definitely changed, and i dont know what that change is yet.

And the irony is, as someone who has lurked on the critics movement from the earliest day of web 0.9, seems to me i seen a similar changing up of tactics right after the first SPTimes expose was released years ago.

It seemed then, that the new tactics amounted to sinking to new levels of being scum of the earth and new levels of ruthlessness started to unfold after that first SPTimes eye opening special report. And it crept into the online community slowly, like a cock roach infestation. By the time it was widely known just how many cock roaches there really was, the damage was done - the online community was significantly weaker and those weakness got exploited even more.

My original OP got caught up in the irony of the tables turning back then, and possibly being on the brink of turning once more now if we arent prepared for the game to change. Back then, OG didnt seem to realize the change in tactics was happening till they were already done-in by the new maneuvering, atleast from the perspective of someone on the outside looking in. I'm only trying to prevent that same "unaware of change" leverage being used to the scilon's advantage now.

So i first tried to express a heads-up in terms of a history lesson, and my intention was new tactics / new game snuck up on people once before without them realizing it at first, so it could happen again if we are not specifically looking for changes. We got undeniable signs of change staring us in the face, so while the fap-able material is endless right at this very moment, lets not fail to recognize the new playing field thats gonna come along for the ride in conjunction with those tactics and try to figure it out before it catches us unaware.

That history lesson was fail in terms trying to get my point across a generation gap in a whole different modern internet world, but its quoted below for making sense of the early parts of this thread. So if your hardcore oldschool anon, consider the quoted part below tl;dr of toxic proportions.

bottom line - anon's ability to change likely needs amped up in the days ahead. Shits getting deep, and i believe its whole new game now and the cult is sneaking out their own forms of troll cannons to overpower our troll cannons. Keep in mind, the cult has had 16 months to study us and compile their datum on how we operate into a form they can make sense of, work with, and plan better strategies accordingly. So when they change up in one way, we need to change up in several ways just to keep the balance in our favor or else they'll dial in on our weaknesses and catch us unaware.

Now is time to be expecting those changes, we need to anticipate the offense before it overpowers our usual defense. Perhaps we can learn from the past to spot the new tactics, perhaps not. Either way, the SPTimes expose has definitely up the anti by significant proportions. Question is - what else is different and still up their sleeve?

2. Anonymous Member

Re: SPTimes Flashback - Lessons Learned from the past

yeah, the shit's hit the fan, but this ain't our first rodeo.

we're tight here in mecca. scratch us and you'll break your own fucking finger.
  3. AnonLover Member

my point was moar cells need to be tight like clwfags already are. you guise set a fine example that needs followed. but clw anon also had the benefit of having to climb the mountain of fail left behind. not everybody had that initiation of shoveling out the shite left behind so might not realize why keeping things tight is so important.
  4. Scythe Member

They turned the board into moonbats by pissing off the retards and by being rational in discussions? Oh my god.

Cool story bro.
  5. AnonLover Member

no they heightened the frustration and contention levels to a point where people who seemed smart & were very informative sources early on got stupid. this was possible cuz OG didnt have the long series of wins like we anon do at this point, so it was all too easy to become frustrated and get lost in waft of bs flying around. by the time they realized what happened, it was too late to reverse the influence.

we got lots advantages that seem to indicate this wont happen again, but we also got lots of noob still going thru the "zomg evil cult is evil" freakout stage that i thought a long winded warning was worth the effort as a worthy precaution.
  6. YAHRLY Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    The OG were derranged moonbats and treated the "critics movement" like there own little club house and turned on each other willingly, each stuggling for the spot light by throwing each other under the bus, and falling upon any non exes new people like rabid dogs.
    managing to alienate potential new allies and the mainstream press all on their own with out any help from the scifags
  7. Anonymous Member

The lessons you highlight are worth hearing, AL. Thanks for the reminder.

Yahrly, - lol.
  8. AnonLover Member

yes, i thought the same way AFTER LMT effort got well under way and the big split over "this legal battle is the wrong front" vs. "this legal battle is the only way" divided the community. but before that happened, alot of the players (who became moonbats later) were different.

just sayin - they werent all retards from day one. it happened over time and the moonbat minority became the majority as the smarter people got worn down in frustration & cracked.

i also need to clarify -- i used herro's name in vain in my OP as example of tactics and not a reflection on him personally. i for one feel strongly herro does this community a great service, altho sometimes he gets himself spread so thin on his lone gunman objectivity police crusade he opens mouth and inserts feets. but it was similar tactics with different intentions that seemed to turn the tide to this lurker of days past.
  9. chrisanon Member

Damn. It's only Monday and I've just read the best post of the week.

We ignore these wise words at our peril.

I'm not surprised that the first few posts were less than positive -- seems to happen when someone says something important.

Thanks for posting this.
  10. YAHRLY Member

yes they were retards from day one
  11. AnonLover Member

no - not what I'm saying, and no you havent heard it before.

i'm saying that anon alone will not win the next battle ahead. nor will og alone. nor will exes alone.

anon + og + exes will also not win the next phase of the battle ahead. taking it to the next level means we need anon + og + exes + public interest + lawyering + politicos.

the only way to pull that off is ignore the shit that dont matter, which means putting some well earned grudges against moonbats and freezoners in the closet and ignoring it. keep focused on the endgame and not the day2day bullshit cuz the only way keep the win after win after win going, is to keep up pressure on multiple levels and multiple fronts. and each faction has its own front to work, concentrate on what your faction stands for and let the other factions do their own thing in their own way.
  12. AnonLover Member

(smacks self upside the head and burns soapbox) your right - thks ann.
  13. Mutante Member

This ^^^

Although alliances shift around like sand there's more overall cohesion than ever before IMO.

It remains our solemn duty to troll the ego and paranoia out of moonbats whether they're anons, OG or exs. It works, and it helps people.
  14. ultrapoet Member

Okay, one thing I think people need to keep in mind when they're trotting out the "we thought we'd won before, but didn't, so don't get too cocky" is this:

Time Magazine article was in 1991.

Lisa McPherson's death was in 1995.

Hello and welcome to 2009. Things are a tiny bit different here. The Internet is well past its infancy and closing in on global ubiquity. This means we have resources at our disposal that those who came before simply did not have in those days.

The Time Magazine article is linkable and readable globally--NOW. It sure as hell wasn't in 1991. The SPTimes article has been read by an international audience since the day it came out. And now people who are curious can find out the whole story, thanks to all the work that's been done up to this point.

This is a very different situation than before. You are correct in that we shouldn't hang our masks up just yet, but, seriously, you're worried about getting trolled to death? I think it's safe to say that Anonymous knows a thing or two about how to handle trolls, ya know?
  15. Lorelei Member

Good point.

Also, it gains us nothing to totally dismiss the groundwork laid before Chanology; nor to learn from prior mistakes.
  16. AnonLover Member

naaaa, i'm worried that the game is about change into adifferent kind of fight and we're all abit too cocksure of ourselves that we wont change with it, or we wont change our tactics enuff to keep pace. the only way i could figure out how to express that concern was in the form of history lesson that was only meant to say "shit changes over time, be prepared to deal with it and change when needed" and not that same-old same-old shit was gonna go wrong.
  17. chrisanon Member

Okay, well then, could you say more about what you think is about to happen and how you think we need to be able to change?

Remember that scene in Jurassic Park II when Jeff Goldblum says to the dinosaur park guy, "you're not making the same mistakes again, you're making all new ones"? Is that what you're thinking?
  18. ultrapoet Member

I think it's safe to say that Anonymous knows a thing or two about changing tactics as well. It's one of the greatest strengths Anonymous has. Plus, I think there are quite a few people who are not just expecting some kind of counterattack--they are anticipating one.
  19. YAHRLY Member

of course its coming it isn't a matter of "if" it is a matter of "when"
    this is when everyone needs to be on their guard most

inb4corneredwoundedanimalanologies
  20. Anonymous Member

Anonymous has turned on a dime before and can do that again. we are pliable. we are not shackled by lingering tech-love or old fucking grudges from the OG.

stop doubting what we can do. look at all we've done in 17 months.
  21. AnonLover Member

i have no idea tbh, if i did i would of stayed FAR FAR away from trying to extrapolate something useful from OG days.

perhaps thats the real take away from my tl;dr post - be alert for the coming changes so we figure it out before it trips us up.

nevar saw jurassic park, so not sure if thats what i mean or not. but its sounds applicable.
  22. puffadder Member

Wise AnonLover is wise. And writes well.
  23. YAHRLY Member

things getting boring are more of a danger to chanology more than anything else
  24. ultrapoet Member

THIS!
  25. Anonymous Member

AnonLover is wise, but also needs to stop worrying so much.

we're ready.

<3
  26. AnonLover Member

i also meant to point out, from my own past experience of going from diehard lurker, to casual lurker, back to diehard then back to casual...

the infighting kills public interest. yes it does us anons good to keep things on what we consider the up and up, and it does community good for growing smarter anons. but for people outside our ranks who's interest has been piqued and are trying to wade thru the gigantic learning curve of what scilons are really all about, its all useless noise that makes it harder to figure out exactly where you stand in mix of so many different issues.
  27. Skeptic1337 Member

tldr;

guessing it's about how clearwater is awesome and every one else is doing it wrong + some OG cock sucking?
  28. AnonLover Member

not exactly intended that way, but i failed at keeping it from going that route so might as well be
  29. Mutante Member

I thought this thread was a good discussion about some kind of anon+OG+ex fusion.

Apparently not.
  30. YAHRLY Member

fixed that for ya sparky!
  31. puffadder Member

And... the name of the mod who domed this thread is _____________?
  32. AnonLover Member

yep it was, i learnt my lesson to shutup and dont worry so much
  33. Re: SPTimes Flashback - Lessons Learned from the past

Well said. I find it kinda funny how derailed a thread about being wary of derailments got. Personally, I think the first post should be one of those "Threads you should read" notifications, with a mod edit at the end saying "Ignore the rest of this shit below"
  34. Anonymous Member

i thought we were just tight and ready for the coming days, but you've convinced me that we're fucking awesome!

TY TY TY TY TY
  35. Anonymous Member

honestly, Anon Lover? you and i have been part of this Anonymous troll thang for a long time now. you've seen the changes. you know we're a herd of cats. you know we fight like brothers and sisters. but you also know that when we have to pull together we do that and we do that as fast as our fingers can type.

i do feel sorry for anyone trying to come in here and help at this point. there's simply no way to catch up and most noobs don't want to do any research before they try to jump in and frankly, this isn't a babysitting service and we all do have real lives and we're doing this for free so noobs need to fucking LURK MOAR and let us work while they try to find their place in this lovely mess.

if you're not willing to do your own homework and work with us the way we work then you're only going to be a hindrance and maybe you should read about the demise of the cult when People magazine covers the story sometime later this year. =)

AL, i really don't understand your doubt at what we're going to do. you have to know that those of us that are left are in it for the long haul and it's going to take something pretty important or very bad to run us off.

i just wish you wouldn't worry so much and just enjoy the cult's slide into the dumpster.

<3
  36. AnonLover Member

after this thread took a brief excursion thru the dome (which i was fine with) i decided i went about trying to tackle a mountain of thoughts from one small angle to avoid wall of text of mega proportions, and went about it entirely all wrong. yes i suck cocks, but guess what - i'm a diehard anon cock sucker, not an OG cock sucker.

i'm not in anyway trying to say anybody is doing anything wrong. i just dont buy the theory our fight is akin to one big chessmatch thats progressing to an endgame. Applying that exact same theory is why past efforts pre-anon were doomed to fail & fail hard imo.

Instead, I see our fight as climbing a large mountain with a series of battlegrounds on different plateaus that need invaded, secured, and raeped as we make our way uphill. The first battleground was circling around the base of that mountain and getting the enemy to engage full tilt on our playing field.

To me - the SPTimes signifies that that initial pre-staging battleground is now won & conquered, and anon did a glorious fucking job and needs to keep on doing what we do how we do it to maintain that basecamp as other special ops troops head uphill to the next battleground - the lawfare jungle. So yes we won ground zero on our terms, and its probably the most important step in the longer war. To keep this ground secured as the fight carries on, the key is maintain our hold on public interest and i have no doubt anon got that in the bag (as long as we dont let it get boring as Yarhly wisely said) and we will continue to keep all dibs on that ground no sweat assuming anon can adapt/evolve as time goes on to deal with the fact that mass public perception always flows in tides.

(and when the full tide comes in - dont be caught standing on the beach with your wanker out in broad daylight pissing on people's rafts... thats all i meant in terms of taking a stab at infighting. keep infighting by all means, anti-cancer cures is still needed & got us here, but for fk's sake smarten up that occasionally the timing is such that infighting needs done in the cabana huts & showers, not on the beachfront during the peak of tourist season)

Anywho, this next battleground front is whole new game, whole new field of play with new rules & new enemy operatives to take out. Yes lawfare has broken out in admirable test-case splotches already on edges of the battlefield. But to call this next jungle-like territory conquered we need a handful of damn-the-cult-to-hell nuke cases simultaneously brewing in (atleast) the 10 biggest profit earning countries the CofS has on its master org board. Early scout reports from the edge of the jungle seem to indicate the French are looking to plow us a road straight thru a key part of said turf, that will help us immensely on the infiltration & instigation efforts for this theater of war. But its still an entirely new game / new tactics / new playing field nonetheless.

The whole point of my OP is when the last generation of warriors got to this stage, things went wrong. monumentally wrong with massive amounts of self implosion that got drug out in slow horrid manner over several years, and nobody kept the base camp of public interest secured so those who ventured into the jungle were trapped there and left to either die in shame, crawl under a rock and disappear, or join the enemy ranks. all cuz they totally failed to anticipate just how completely different the game was from that point on (planted their flag in the enemy's armpit and then tried to hold ground that was never theirs to begin with nor was the enemy even sitting down to the chessboard they hung on too).

they also failed to spot the early warning signs of changed tactics & completely new terms of war and adjust accordingly. this is the point i'm trying to highlight as a mistake we should not make in our completely different way and with our completely different means of engagement... if we fail to foresee the new tactics early on & keep focus on the chess match that is now over, we'll still end up at the same outcome as last go 'round and never get the chance to conquer the next battleground.

And we need an equal sized win on the lawfare jungle battleground as we have now scored in the initial basecamp chessmatch battleground. so that in the aftermath of that win all the masked marauders holding the base camp secure at ground zero can ascend up the mountain in a blaze of dancing caek eating glory cuz even tho those general purpose foot soldiers have a lesser part to play in the 2nd battleground gorilla warfare skirmishes, they have a huge part to play bringing it all full circle to the third & final battleground which is akin to a desert -- the governmental/politco desert for seeking the b& hammers required to slay the many heads of the LRH medusa dragon once and for all.

That last & final fight is gonna be a stamina march to the finish line with less skirmishes & only requires endurance to get there. Anon will excel *if* we get the chance to make that journey. My concern is -- we dont get that chance if special ops fail to win the jungle below.

So there - yes i failed hard at my first attempt on the OP in this thread cuz i tried not to be another graham berry and dropped 2/3rds of what i had working in my mind since Jett's death. i initially tried to post the just the middle portion of my ideas that i thought made the best tl;do-read starting point as a convo opening in form of a reality chk along the lines of Yeah We Run This, at ground zero... but what about the next stage?

This concludes the final 1/3 of massive thought on evolving strategy that i humbly think should be kicked off and put into play as soon we all get done fapping to SPTimes full story & aftermath press. The op will be updated momentarily with the original 1/3 of this whole brainstorm that i originally scrapped as unnecessary wall-o-text. if you find it tl;dr - so be it, but if you believe as i do - that anon's best weapon is our ability to change, then open your mind and sit still long enough to take in the bigger picture faggots.

i dont have all the answers, i'm merely reporting on what i've seen from the crow's nest of the pirate ship parked on the beach. take it or leave it, i've now said my peace. Somebody's gotta worry about the broader welfare of the troops on occasion, its one of those jobs that totally sucks cocks but is necessary moralfaggotry for a battle this complex. and who better to do that cock sucking than an uber moralfag newfag like me? brb - going off to DIAF before i climb back up to the crows nest and shut my piehole.
  37. Lorelei Member

I think the future remains unpredictable, but Anonymous has the ability to adapt to change, whereas the cult can't.
  38. AnonLover Member

i respectfully disagree. the cult has been known as total scam & totally stupid asshatery from the first publishing of book one, and their still around 50 yrs later. they wouldnt be here if they werent able to change is some ways.

EDIT: compare and contrast the 80's volcano TV commercieal to new commercial and tell me they dont change. Granted their top heavy structure makes is so that change comes slowly, but they do change eventually nonetheless. to ignore the signs of change now staring us in the face - is fail, imh[umble]o.

new OP now added.