Customize

Speech to be read in churches/temples/etc

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Anonymous9251, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Anonymous9251 Member

Speech to be read in churches/temples/etc

Hey all, I've been working on a speech that may be good for churches and whatnot, I figure if you go up to the head guy and ask polietly for 5 minutes after, they'll probaly agree. I just wanted to get some opnions on the speech, how it could be better, ETC. Hope you enjoy!

Good morning/afternoon/evening Ladies and Gentlemen. I am Anonymous. I come before you today to ask for your help. You may have heard of our peaceful protests against the Church of Scientology. While we have no objection to the religion or the beliefs of the Church of Scientology, we strongly object to the methods and means that they have used against people who dare to disagree with them. That is the reason I come before you masked, for if they knew who I was, they would engage in their practice of “Fair Game” which is a policy of harassment, slander and lawsuits against anyone who speaks against them. Google “Operation Freakout” for their efforts to drive a woman reporter who dared to speak against them to mental instability and suicide

On February 10th, our first protest took place on what would have been the birthday of Lisa McPherson. Google her name to find why she died of dehydration after being removed from the hospital on the Church of Scientology’s orders. After these protests, The Church of Scientology began to label us as a hate organization, who were anti-religion and bigots. I stand before you today to tell you that these claims are false, and just show the Church’s response to people who question them, which is, in the words of L. Ron Hubbard, “Always attack, never defend.”

On March 15th, We organized a second protest against Scientology to celebrate the Birthday of the founder of the Church of Scientology, Science Fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard. These protests succeeded wildly, and in response, the Church of Scientology began a string of lawsuits and harassment of people who were merely nearby the protests, a girl who was working at a Starbucks, a passing Vet and others. They were subjected to being photographed, accused of terrorist acts and attempted to be arrested on false charges.

Today I come before you to ask you to help us. The crimes of the Church of Scientology are long, as a few minutes searching online will show you. But we need your help. The more people who stand and show their support, the weaker the Church of Scientology will become. On April 12th we well be having another protest, which we have dubbed, “Operation Reconnect”, to show the damage that the church has done with their policy of “Disconnection” in which they have broken apart families, taken away children, and separated loved ones for merely being outside the Church of Scientology.

I ask you, Stand with us, masked to protect yourself, on April 12th. Go to Youfoundthecard.com/whyweprotest.com for exact details, and show the Church of Scientology that we will not be ignored, and their crimes will not go unheeded.

We are Anonymous.
    We are Legion.
    We do not forgive.
    We do not forget.
    Expect us. April 12th.

Possible problems
    In this speech, i'm asking people to remember 3 things, and while I put the most important one last, it may be better to shorten it.
    It may be too long.
    May want to focous more on the April protests.
    Not sure what the best website to direct them too is.
  2. Perhaps omit the word "google" in the speech ? It may put older parishoners off?

I'd suggest flyers to accompany the speech containing appropriate links, and the evidence. People who aren't as computer literate are far happier to have a written website address to type in, so you can focus the speech itself on getting them interested in taking a flyer.
  3. 4greatjustice Member

IMO you should leave out the whole "we are anonymous we are legion we do not forgive we do not forget"

especially the we do not forgive part. Christians are all about forgiveness.

Also it almost feels like we are trying to recruit them to our group as opposed to informing them of the truth.

the pamphlets are always a good idea, churchs love pamphlets LOL