Customize

Sparrow's Status

Discussion in 'Anon Sparrow' started by elwood, Dec 20, 2011.

1. adhocrat Member

Not sure what you mean by that. Does it mean because he protests? Or because he has protested so many times? Or is it because SParrow was in public when the picture was taken? Could Sparrow enjoin someone from using his image at a protest? Just curious.
  2. Anonymous Member

I think it means that the photos of him are not protected by copyright and can therefore be used for almost any purpose (except, perhaps, in an advertising campaign -- I think a person needs to give permission for that).

It would be the same as if the Clearwater Anons wanted to bring a little bit of adhocrat to Clearwater and posted some of the pictures from NorCal protests. Those pictures are now also part of the public domain.

If adhocrat didn't want them to use his image, he could ask them not to and I bet they wouldn't, but they still could anyway.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. RightOn Member

I think you would need to ask Sparrow FIRST if he approved tho
    IMO
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

It would be the polite thing to do, to be sure -- AMA2, do you know how to get in touch with Sparrow? I don't think he comes around here lately...
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RightOn Member

he still posts every now and then
  6. Anonymous Member

I think it would be the ethical thing to do, but there is no such legal obligation. Did anybody ask Lisa McPherson's family if they could use her photographs in their protests? No. Because it's perfectly legal to do so. Same goes for Sparrow.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Anonymous Member

In fact you should leave him out of it. we don't know what the agreement is with the cult. Asking his approval might conflict with something we don't know about in the agreement. I agree that there is no legal obligation to do so and if someone wants to do it, don't drag Sparrow in to it directly.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. skeptic2girl Member

Yeah, plenty of material to be had elsewhere, esp with DM there. What was that Mike Rinder said about DM's "SPecial" relationship with TC? Also, will Shelly be at the bday bash?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

Agreed. It's better not to make the clams too mad, as they will take it out on him.
    Asking him won't conflict with anything though - he'll just simply tell you NO or "I'm not at liberty to say".
  10. Anonymous Member

Except that we own the photographs and can prove when they were taken.
  11. amaX Member

okay. the two photographs i have are NOT from clearwater.

i've emailed the great and wonderful Anonsparrow to ask if carrying said pix will be a problem for him. have not heard back yet.

shelly is never with her husband at the birthday bash anymore. she must not be saving the date.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

Good points. If he is asked into protest planning, creepy cult may say that Sparrow is protesting by proxy.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. skeptic2girl Member

IMO, you Clearwater Anons are representing for Sparrow by just showing up to protest. Like, "Lol intimidation FAIL!"

Just be sure to tape and post on youtube so he can watch it... you can always give him a shout out while avoiding the picture issue altogether...
  14. Anonymous Member

Anonyvix is prescient:
    https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/civil-case-sparrow-harrowing-ii.87915/
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 17
  16. Anonymous Member

Epic cult ball buster is epic cult ball buster.
    • Like Like x 7
  17. Anonymous Member

18. peterstorm Member

Well done Sparrow!
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

Bump e dee bump!
  20. anonymous612 Member

I don't know what you're talking about. Photos of Sparrow (or adhocrat) are protected by copyright.
  21. Quentinanon Member

And administered by the ATC, the Anonymous Technology Centre, located on the Markabian Mothership.
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Quentinanon Member

Sparrow forgot to mention the stuff he filled the aliens' lungs with:

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  23. anonymous612 Member

I was going to say by their photographers, but that works too.
  24. amaX Member

hahahah!
  25. Anonymous Member

That accent was priceless. It was a strange mix of Canadia-Boston-Jersey.
    • Like Like x 2
  26. RightOn Member

wonder if Xenu does undercoating?
    My car can use it
    • Like Like x 1
  27. elwood Member

If I were a Qantas pilot this would really piss me off. He didn't earn those four stripes. He bought them.
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Anonymous Member

29. Anonymous Member

eh, he probably earned them. He does after all have to pass the test to be a pilot for such an air craft. I don't think you can really just buy it like that. He just managed to pass by spending his own money instead.
  30. Anonymous Member

Who was the older guy interviewing Xenu?
  31. Anonymous Member

Random guy taking a film class who was a good sport :)
    • Like Like x 1
  32. BigBeard Member

No, he didn't earn them. Quantas lets him wear the uniform because he acts as an official goodwill ambassador for the airline wherever he flies.

Travolta is a Certified Private Pilot, which is a higher certification than Student Pilot or Recreational Pilot. It means he's allowed to make flights world wide with passengers, but not for profit. He's also rated on multi-engine jet aircraft, which is a different thing than being licensed/certified to fly.

In order to wear the uniform for real he'd have to take the training to become a Certified Commercial Pilot, which would allow him to fly as copilot for a commercial airline. In order to fly as Captain of a commercial airline he would have to upgrade to Certified Airline Transport Pilot. In which case, with enough flying time and seniority, he could actually earn those four stripes instead of wearing them for Quantas Airling PR purposes.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 3
  33. anon walker Moderator

When Travolta started shilling for Quantas, I wrote them, demanding the crabby koala instead of the creepy Scientologist.

Quantas response totally missed the point.
    Yes, I understand you're not in the business of promoting religion.
    Yes, I get that Travolta is a name and a licensed pilot.

But what you missed was the public reaction to having a Scientologist dressed in a Quantas uniform as your icon. Scilons have a tendency to think laws of physics do not apply to them.

Alas, they do. Would I fly with Travolta or Cruise?

Hell naw. I'm not sure if they know where the line between postulate and reality lies.
    And speaking of lies...
  34. Ersatz Global Moderator

If LRH can be a Commodore JT can be a Captain.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Anonymous Member

They were good enough for Rain Man.

Oh, wait, isn't that Tom Cruise? The conspiracy goes more deeply than I thought.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. I like the way the Sparrow flies bestest........ Their learning the bestest grammma @ Delphi threw applied scholastics......
  37. JohnnyRUClear Member

So.....

.......?
  38. Major Boyle Member

Sparrow needs help finding his dox. Apparently, some people don't know about borders and all that shit.
  39. Anonymous Member

This suggests a USA-Canada Border Crossing. I think that Citizens of both nations need Passports to do that now. Is this what you mean?
  40. Anonymous Member

+1 confirmed that USA/Canadian crossings need passports in both directions, made that trip recently.