Customize

Sparrow Video Research Project

Discussion in 'Anon Sparrow' started by adhocrat, Jul 26, 2010.

1. theLastAnon Member

Re: Sparrow Video Research Project

Just checked in on the file and it looks like things are moving along well. If there is anything specific that I can help with now send me a pm or email. I'd be happy to download and edit more clips if that is needed (some I know have just been identified but not clipped). Or whatever. Let me know how to continue to help (via pm or email).

Thanks all. It's looking really good.
  2. BigBeard Member

Pulling out these clips is great, but if it's hasn't already been done, I would suggest a portable archive of ALL of the complete videos also be made available to Sparrow's lawyer and entered into evidence.

While Moxon & Company won't scruple to take snippets out of context to make a point, I'll just about guarantee he'll bawwww about "edited" clips from Sparrows side. So having the complete videos available to show the Judge nothing has been altered, the extracted clips are just to save the courts time, would probably be a "good thing."

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

Spreadsheet folks:

In order to drive towards a searchable, statistics generating, all singing database, there will need to be a bit of editing of data already added. It won't take long, just stuff like splitting 'number' into 'number' and 'part' (eg. '12.3' becomes '12' '3') and 'time' into 'time' and 'duration' in proper time format (eg: '2:23-2:54' becomes '0:02:23' '0:00:31'). I don't really want to run the risk of messing up other's carefully compiled data - it's much much better done by the person who input the original data to minimise introduced errors.

Also, anyone prepared to host a MySql database with remote-access for free out there (pref with some offloadable access rights administration)? Traffic and storage should be fairly trivial.
  4. RightOn Member

just curious..... as I worked on this project, what became of this project?
    Is it complete? Was all the work we did used or sent or whatever?
  5. Anonymous Member

Sparrow's youtube videos/account seem to be all fucked up, or is it just me?
  6. tippytoe Member

Seems OK to me.
  7. Anon998 Member

What's the whole status on this project? Can OP update the top post with the latest?
  8. adhocrat Member

Just waiting to see what happens. 28 April is Sparrow's next court date.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Anon998 Member

Cool, Thanks.
  10. adhocrat Member

And since this thread got resurrected, I'd like to thank all the people who worked so hard and so efficiently to make this spreadsheet appear faster than I ever thought possible. All I did was sit back, watch everyone work and get the credit, but in truth it was the dozen or more people who watched every video and made great notes that did the work. To misquote Emmylou "I get the credit but it's thanks to you"

xBarb recently made a new thread about this type of collaboration. This video project showed me just how powerful a force this is.
    • Like Like x 2