Customize

Sparrow files to uphold Judge's Order on E-meter - FDA

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by Mark Cabian, May 14, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

A word, please.
  2. Robocat Member

3. Okay.
  4. Robocat Member

Thanks but is anyone seriously going to read that sockspew?
  5. I did. Why don't you give it a try?
  6. Robocat Member

Again? Ok. I did. It was too fucked up looking to be a serious question.
  7. Anonymous Member

I'm glad the Victorian era is over, that writing style was never my cup of tea. I like my sentences precise and to the point.
  8. Robocat Member

Yeah, don't waste my time with posturing and bullshit. Say it.
    • Like Like x 4
  9. LocalSP Member

I did and envisioned Hubbard at the pen. An overt call for attention because said author of this tripe was obviously jealous of Mister Cabian for actually doing something that might cause harm to the organization called Scientology, while he, the author, does nothing but critique the action of others while taking no action of his own.
  10. Miranda Member

Absolutely. I won't read that guy--he's too affected and annoying.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Anonymous Member

FIFY
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

I would challenge the author of the criticism to prepare their own version of the petition if they have an interest in doing more than just complaining.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. DeathHamster Member

The FDA isn't going to poke their dick into Scientology's religious cloaking, again.
    It would have to be something well outside the limits established in 1969, and the arguments that they should get involved should steer well clear of the religious angle. Maybe they'd take another poke at e-meters being used outside strict "religious" use, but the most they could manage there is a slap on the wrist like no more Stress Tests. Meanwhile, there's a good chance that some idiot court might be convinced that Stress Test body routing is a religious activity because Scientology says it is. Why should they expend the resources on a risky target?

I'd love to see the FDA get involved, but anything to do with e-meters is a long-shot. Narconon, that's a nice secular target that the FDA should be telling to bend over and assume the position.
  14. Natter Bored Member

If Scientology uses religious E-meters and Applied Scholastics uses secular Learning Accelerators, what kind of secular meter device does Narconon use?
  15. Mark Cabian Member

they are not getting into anything new. It's upholding a standing court order.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

They are not getting into anything new, it is a matter that has been investigated and judged upon. Done. It's upholding a standing and ignored court order that we're talking about.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. TinyDancer Member

Wow. You're an idiot. The complaint was thought through by serious people (not me). And even if it were "inferior and indefensible", that wouldn't preclude anyone else from making a separate complaint.
    • Like Like x 11
  18. Anonymous Member

I'm so glad that you are posting a normal person now, and not a mod. Bring on the draw ball bitch.
  19. Anonymous Member

fify
    • Like Like x 1
  20. TinyDancer Member

Lol. Whatevs.
  21. lol. <3 4ever.
    • Like Like x 3
  22. Xenu Is Lord Member

You might try reading the article. It says the judge commented: "Until the Government can refute the claim that Scientology is a religion, said the court, the E-meters and their accompanying leaflets are protected from seizure by the right of freedom of worship—which puts them beyond the reach of the FDA."

Meaning they can not SEIZE the E Meters. It does not say anything about other actions. Also what this complaint is about is their non religious use at booths, fairs and stress test tables as well as the violation of the court order about where the warning label is located and what it says. The FDA would have no problem confiscating E Meters used in those settings as the cult could not say they were using them in a religious practice.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,900653,00.html#ixzz1MihV4aGI
  23. DeathHamster Member

I have read it many times. I was the critic who went through Time's archive and dug out the links all the Scientology articles and indexed them with keywords.

Perhaps you should read what I wrote?

Don't be surprised if the FDA is reluctant to get involved with e-meters again, even if it's to enforce the existing order.
  24. Xenu Is Lord Member

To late, they already have :)
  25. Herro Member

Ok, I'll translate for you.

Mark Cabian is a well meaning but delusional zealot that filled his claim with nothing but bullshit about scientology that has nothing to do with the matter at hand. Instead of clearly laying out the reasons that the FDA should step in, he decided to rant about how scientology is bad and how the FDA should take all these actions against them. In doing so he is essentially asking the FDA to overstep its bounds, overstep its legal mandate, and to step on the toes of other organizations- things that bureaucrats do not like to do. In other words, it's an utterly useless pile of fail. There.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. LocalSP Member

Then rewrite and submit it yourself. It's as simple as that so quit bitching about what Mark Cabian did and do something about it. What a fucking whiny baby.
  27. Herro Member

Here's the thing, pointing out someone else's fail is easy. Doing something about it takes effort, and I don't care enough to do so.

Lol why u mad tho?
  28. LocalSP Member

I thought as much, thanks for confirming.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Miranda Member

Herro, if you offered to help in situations like this I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it. People WANT your help, as you know. I don't see the purpose of the taunts, especially "The Merry Curmudgeon's" unreadable creative writing project/critique. If people have something to say, just say it civilly and drop the drama. I don't mean to be rude, you know I respect and like you. But I just don't see why criticism has to be so emotional. Kind of a waste of time. But thanks for the translation--it makes a lot more sense than the original wall of anachronistic prose.

Edit: I see you already covered this point, looks like we posted at once.
  30. The FDA can really put the hurt on companies that actually need FDA approval to sell stuff.

Scientology actively seeks to avoid oversight and has already publicly declared that the E-Meter is a useless magic box.

I suspect the FDA can fine them but that the CoS has covered its ass well enough with their disclaimers that they can pin it on local staff.
  31. LocalSP Member

Let them throw the local staff under the bus. It will be great to see the great migration from the Orgs.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Herro Member

Your criticism of me is partially legit, but note that the merry curmudegon posted his shit in the dome- he kept it in a separate thread to prevent derail. It was fucking hilarious and really did point out many flaws. I didn't taunt anyone in here. I've made three posts here, one telling a poster to not expect this to be anything more than some bureaucratic action, one translating the dome post, and one saying I'm lazy. So chill baby and have a beer.
  33. Mark Cabian Member

That's a lot of description for a one-sheet petition that was properly completed and found to be well done after review by attorneys. Thanks for helping, herro. I appreciate your public service!
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Herro Member

For once I'm just the messenger, not the instigator. Your beef isn't with me.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Miranda Member

Already got a banana pineapple mint smoothie with almond milk and honey. Mmmmm... Okay. Thanks for the translation, I didn't find the op hilarious. It was posted in the right place, you're correct about that.
  36. Mark Cabian Member

Not at all. I truly do appreciate you serving as an alembic in this. Pizza's on me, without beef.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Xenu Is Lord Member

I am still trying to find one point Zerro made in the Doc and can't I guess as usual he is full of shit. I think about how many times he has posted here on this thread and it adds up close to the Doc. Truely he could have written his own complaint in the same time and with less effort but that would have been useful and as everyone knows he is useless.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. subgenius Member

Ouch.
    trufax as you fuckers would say, I think
    plus
    petition is deliciously fantastic!
    Perfect!
    Nothing wrong with it, at all.
    Others could be too.
    But I don't see them.
    Where are they?
  39. subgenius Member

40. Mark Cabian Member

I think TD said that for the sake of argument more than a suggestion. A call out? Maybe. Anyway, the petition is fine, so say I. If you think so too, then cheers!