Customize

so, some guy PMs me on irc, dumps this on me and begs me to share it...

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Spangly, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Spangly Member

Re: so, some guy PMs me on irc, dumps this on me and begs me to share it...

Now I really wish I'd just told you to piss off and ignored you on IRC.

YOU are now trying to be that arbiter of acceptability, in telling us how we should or should not protest against the creepy money-grabbing cult that was started by the wife-beating bigamist crazyfuck, L Ron Hubbard.

Real religions* are not mortally embarassed about their weird-sounding bits. The whole story of "virgin birth of Jesus Christ, his death and subsequent literal resurrection" sounds pretty wild, but yet it's told freely and openly to anyone who cares to hear it - not drip-fed over the course of many years and massive amounts of money spent.

(* yes, I did just go there. Grow a pair or go home.)
  2. Relyt Member

He's right in some respects, and wrong in others. The Xenu story is really only effective for someone who might "just be getting into it", but only if they take your word for it and look it up, instead of ignoring you because they found something that works for them. But even those people would be better convinced that something is wrong just by mentioning some of Scientology's teachings and telling them why the tech doesn't work. But the more indoctrinated members need to start with management, because that's where the first wave of doubt comes in.

Now, we all know that we would blast the Xenu story in front of the Scilons because they're not supposed to hear it before "it's time", and it was fun for a while, but it seems to not be working, and to be honest, it gets old after a while. Try being more original, more creative in your message and stop relying on old methods that don't work... that's what Scientologists would do.
  3. JohnnyRUClear Member

oooOOOOOOoooooooooo

burrrrrrn!

/7thgrade

;-)
  4. 4Dlulz Member

how about mailing packets of Xenu story to known Scilons?
    Or asking buisness owners in clearwater to post it up in their windows or the like?
  5. BusinessBecky Member

You can believe anything you want so long as you don't claim to have the authority on mental health.
    Who would want to have their happiness ran down? Critical thinkers find the questions they want to ask, they are not told which questions to ask. This is why it was wrong for Tommy to walk out of the interview, and why it is important to defend your reasoning. Good psychs get people to find what is bothering on their own, and you don't have to be practicing to help people find answers to their problems.
    Aw, Mr. Don't Ask Me Important Questions. It is the journalists job to establish the truth even if it hurts. Tommy was just interested in putting on a show, if he didn't want to talk about the evils of the world that affect people, he could just have made no commit.
    If you want a hand to hold when being remind that there is a possibility of dying from knowing something before your ready, get a girl friend.
    LOL
  6. 4Dlulz Member

if I ask a muslim what he believes, if it really is a religion, he should be able to tell me in depth what that is. If I ask if his holy book is pro loli raep, he should be able to say, no its not your asshole or yes it is, whats wrong with that.
  7. Relyt Member

I think you're in the wrong thread. You want to be in one of the Nightline threads.
  8. tazor Member

Dear Panther,

Good on you for putting some fliers on some cars. Come back in a year or so and tell us how it's going. Unless, of course, Marty has forbidden any of his minions to log on to wwp.

Have fun hip hip hooraying your new leader. And that is Marty's intention no matter what he's spinning nao.
  9. themadhair Member

Did you folks know that the process for starting a Dianetics auditing session involves the following steps:
    Any resemblance to the relaxation method as used for hypnotic induction is purely coincidental. Just because the following similarities are present:
    1) Gaining trust of the subject. This is necessary for any successful induction.
    2) Asking the subject to look up. This causes a disorientating effect which makes the subject much more susceptible to hypnotic induction.
    3) Asking the subject to count.
    4) The use of eyelid flicker to determine when the subject has reached a trance.
    5) The use of a safeword.

Anyone still want to argue that Scientology doesn’t fuck you up mentally?
  10. Anonymous Member

fi
  11. mrfyde Member

I explained in my last response to you IN THIS THREAD I do not encourage book burning of LRH books or any other.

No. Auditing could possibly be used to for blackmail. IT IS used to intimidate and humiliate. LRH's reason for including inventing it was likely to find someone's ruin.

I would say that psychotherapy, would be a problem if it was A) performed by an unskilled therapist, as auditing is. B) Did not allow any variation for the human condition similar to auditing. C) An auditor is not licensed by the state, where a psychotherapists and even a hairstylist is. D) A psychotherapist does not rely on quack machinery to determine if a human being still has a problem.

And I could go on.
    Are you saying that a spokesman for a Christian Church should not be asked questions about their beliefs in hell or the devil ? If you are, I don't think many spokesmen would throw a hissy fit being asked about it. You can test my theory by calling any church about their belief in the Satan.
    DM does not disconnect from any one unless he chooses to do so. I explained why Disconnection isn't an abuse. The abuse is what ever makes an individual believe that Scientology is more important than their family. (often a discovery is made in auditing from my understanding) Disconnection was an LRH policy not DM. DM did restore some conditions of it from LRH. If there is more diconnection now than under Hubbard it is because there have been more Scientologists since Hubbard's death than before he died.

If you want to know about anti - religious biggots you don't need to go farther than Marty Rathbun. I gave you a link to his abuse of Michael Pattinson and how Marty (after he returned from his self taught extensive training on the freewinds) Used KSW points 6-10 to not only prevent ideas of Christianity spreading at FLAG but his actions lead to pressure of a non scientology bookstore to stop selling certain non scientology religious materials.

If you are looking for surpression of free speech you don't need to look farther than Marty's blog, where non ass kissing comments are either deleted or moderated by him. And you suggesting that Xenu is not an open topic is you trying to suppress free speech.

If someone is called a religious bigot people are going ask "Why what did he / they do?" If they answer is "they talked about the alien overlord" I am prepared to live with the consequence of being labeled as a religious bigot, and so was ABC news division.

FYI - Anonymous does not care about image. The reason to stay anonymous is to prevent people from being targeted or treated 'special'.
  12. Panther Member

Posted on Marty's site today:

MIRIAM // October 26, 2009 at 1:55 pm | Reply

you might be out of the organization but you still sound wacko. Why do you people believe in all this gibbly gook?

Don't look some one suppressing free speech to me.

Listen mrfyde, I'm not fighting you. I don't get why some of you guys are so confrontational. I'm not playing "bullbait Anon" (although having seen some of the postings ITT it is tempting), I only got in touch to to try and help with some inside info. You and your mates won't be satisfied until I say you know best about everything - it's a curious way to debate, but hey-ho, you know best.
  13. Cellblock Member

Nobody is being an arbiter of anything. Honestly, I don't give a shit about whether or not you believe the Xenu story, but it's an interesting pattern that Scientologists feel the need to lie about this.

Yes, imagine that. Do you think a Muslim would feel the need to refuse to talk about it? I can imagine they would either believe it or say it is some kind of figure of speech and then explain to me why he feels that way, rather than simply stand up and leave the room.

Feel free to explain to me how asking of open dialogue is reinforcement of the claim that one is against freedom of speech?
  14. s6xs6xs6x Member

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-scientology-discussion/marty-moderator-postitive-gtfo-52157/

tl;dr thread for me.
  15. mrfyde Member

Well I am glad that Marty does not feel threatened by the word gibbly gook.

If you are not playing "bullbait". You are simply telling us how things should be done. That is not something that normally goes well here. (it is something that you we find offensive, so puts you in the position you claim we are in. So maybe it is a stand off.)

You make bold claims and statements but don't offer anything to support most of them. (example: I reply to you saying that no books should be burned and you reply calling me a book burner.) Its good that you made me aware of the gibblygook post, that post was made about three hours after my post on the subject. I however was asked a question by Marty and had my post deleted for answering 100% honestly. There is a thread around here someplace with the deleted comments but I doubt that you will look for it.

You say or at least imply that you are a believer in the LRH tech, I have asked you questions specifically about that tech in this thread that you have not answered. Is this because you do not want ARC with people here ? is it because Hubbard said not to explain Scientology for people just tell them to go out and get one of his books or take courses ?

Go ahead and explain how mentioning OT 3 is offensive, and why xenu should not be public knowledge for people who might want to join Scientology. IF you have a convincing point I am sure that many people here will take your suggestion to stop. But you can no more demand that people stop talking about Xenu, than I can demand you stop your belief in Hubbard.

PS Hubbard used the term "Giblilty gook" to describe his critics also. He even defined it in the glossary, but I may have spelled it differently.
  16. Anonymous Member

Hmm, could it be because:

a) Scientology adherence commands all others(wogs) adhere/comply or be wiped from existence

b) The highest evah defector thus far(Ratbutt) still sucks on the [strike]cock of hubbard[/strike] tech like a child with a dummy, and only wants to replace heir dwarf and proliferate [strike]scientology[/strike] the mindfuck just like hubbard/miscavige

c) LRH says at the very end of the rundown that saw Lisa McPherson die,
    THIS PLANET IS OURS
  17. BusinessBecky Member

I agree with you Panther, that too many anons walk mindlessly into stupid conversations. At the same time with Scinetologists that feel a great deal of prejudice against them. Anonymous does have a lot of preconceptions about Scinetologist as most Scientologists are are very compartmentalized and are regularly given misinformed twaddle from the Church of Scientology. Anons do not realize that most Scineotlogist even those not in the SO don't read a whole lot of media and can be on various places on the bridge. I cannot see how you can relate book burning to anonymous when not even CST shares the Scientology works nearly a freely as anonymous does. Scientology is not any more the authority on mental health than anonymous is the authority on freedom of speech.
  18. Panther Member

Thanks Becky for a ray of sanity. Why was Jello Biafra banned? Was it because he also offered some pragmatism and a little intelligence into the debate? Honestly I am beginning to wonder which is really the cult here - Anon or Scientology? Many here seem to believe that the louder and more abusive you are the more likely you are to win an argument.

Mrfyde, your Q and A probably doesn't belong ITT, but I am not avoiding anything. I will happily answer all your questions privately by e/m IF; you are respectful and polite. Otherwise I don't see the point of a slagging match. Becky, you are right that Scns don't generally have the same world view as you do, but that doesn't make them all without their own mind. Some on this thread have said that the bad stuff that happens is all the result of bad policy/ writings, while at the same time saying - effectively - "burn the writings" Factually there ARE some policies that need changing, modifying, maybe even scrapping. But to argue that the whole subject of scientology should be obliterated, well I'm sorry but how is that different to book burning?
  19. mrfyde Member

PM sent.
    Like I said I don't believe in destroying ideas, I do believe that all information should be open for examination by all parties.
  20. Anonymous Member

Clearly anonymous is a cult.
  21. themadhair Member

I think the reason for the hostility against is less to do with you being a Scientologist and more to do with moronic statements like the above.
  22. tazor Member

The reason I am confrontational? I spent 10 years in the goddamn cult listening to the crap you're selling. DO NOT WANT!

LRH was a liar and a con man. What part of that don't you, Marty, and his little circle jerk, get? The tech is bullshit no matter who delivers it.

Sorry, you've been had. Get over it and get on with your life.
  23. Anonymous Member

@panther

Instead of debating the efficacy of your silly flyers versus worldwide pickets why don't you try

Suing the sh*te out of the freaking cult for being
    a dangerous international [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="6"]fraud[/SIZE][/COLOR]!

[COLOR="Blue"]That [/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]seems [/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]to [/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]work![/COLOR]

flag1k.jpg
  24. BusinessBecky Member

Panther what are your views on the recent ABC interview with Tommy Davis. Was he lying, do you think?
  25. Anonymous Member

If you read the thread you will see that Panther has already commented about that

26. Zak McKracken Member

The object of Project Chanology is to dismantle the Church of Scientology in its present form.

Other side projects, like "obliterating Scientology" are extra-curricular and not supported by all (for instance, not supported by me).

You have my condolences, and my No Sympathy.

1.2 No sympathy
    1.15 Unexpressed resentment
    1.1 Covert hostility
    1.02 Anxiety
    1.0 Fear
    0.98 Despair
    0.96 Terror
    0.94 Numb
    0.9 Sympathy
  27. 4Dlulz Member

I am just here for teh lulz,
  28. BusinessBecky Member

Can it be said with accuracy that Panther thinks disconnection is not practised in Scientology?
  29. mrfyde Member

No, Pather has called Disconnection an abuse in the last couple of pages.
  30. Panther Member

That's a no-brainer. Tommy is a dream come true for all who want the current structure completely dismantled. Disconnection as practised is destructive and cruel
  31. Panther Member

Hey Spangly. Sorry I didn't massage your ego the way you like it. Why don't you have a glass of wine and go give yourself a special massage in a darkened room
  32. Anonymous Member

No.

Jello Biafra was banned because he is Evil.
  33. Panther Member

BTW, I spent about 3 hours over dinner with a local ex/Anon sharing ideas etc. It's not such a problem that some "exes" are in different places. I don't have all the answers and others shouldn't pretend they do either. What I do know 100% right now is that there is LOT wrong with the C of S. Probably so much that there is little future of it in its current form. And I say this: I will back any of my friends who are coming out who want to support Anon without hesitation. There will be a lot in that category soon, I assure you.
  34. Herro Member

So I see that the monkey cage is still in the throes of a shit slinging frenzy because someone suggested talking to scientologists in a way that prevents them from falling back on their whole "ZOMG EVIL BIGOT CRITIC" shtick. Carry on.
  35. Ogsonofgroo Member

Sooooo, um, disconnection practiced somehow else would be better then?

ouffff.

:D
  36. Herro Member

The concept behind disconnection is pretty sensible. If there are people around you that only try to drag you down, you might be better off removing them from your life. The problem is how it's used in Scientology where it's essentially used as a weapon to make leaving the Church a terrifying prospect to long time members because that would involve being cut off from all the people in their lives.
  37. anon.il Member

38. bAnon Member

Wow. You're just 'getting' that now? Been stuck in an electronic incident? Are you a pattern Herro?
  39. WillyWonkanon Member

Good. Cuz I be wonderin' wheres they be anymores. The dark side is the fountain that nourishes the growth of lulz. Pleaze comes back cuz der has been a real bad drought.
    mama is hungray and the lulz need some nourishment.
  40. JohnnyRUClear Member

But... we are mean to you and call you names. Doesn't that count for anything?? :(

So are you saying you are aware of specific info which will be released [strike]soon[/strike] when you're done teasing us?