Customize

so, some guy PMs me on irc, dumps this on me and begs me to share it...

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Spangly, Oct 17, 2009.

1. WTF Member

Re: so, some guy PMs me on irc, dumps this on me and begs me to share it...

^^^

see I told you that COB boy is a squirrel
  2. WTF Member

kahlua+bottle.jpg

Shirley you jest... oops I forgot you didn't want me to call you "Shirley".

Sorry.
  3. Anonymous Member

The following DOES NOT mean abandoning other strategies, still:

ITT: Anonymous has decimated the cult's ranks. They are down to the arrogant 'hard-core nuts'

The 'coup de grace' to kill the cult requires getting the remaining arrogant 'hard-core nuts' 'out of the tree'

Arrogant 'hard core nuts' leave when THEY 'discover' the 'abuses of the church'. Arrogant nuts are Arrogant.

Anons who want 'dead cult' need to feed Arrogant Nuts what THEY cry for -- OT8 KR's, Human Rights Dox, Punchy COB stories.

JelloBiafra and other posters are right:
    Annoying, but true!
  4. Relyt Member

Careful now, don't want to offend the aliens. Especially if you live in Arizona.
  5. mrfyde Member

OR you can tell them the truth because sometimes they fall for it.

they are in a cult, and if they fix the tech, they are still in a cult.

It is less likely that they will think you hate them if you tell them the truth than if you lie and say "all we want you to do is change the tech back to the way it was before DM."
  6. Anonymous Member

No one said HIDE the truth. JelloBiafra's counciling 'speak to their interest'. There's nothing wrong in that. It's simply giving them, now, the information they're best able to use. TRUTH, with the big 'T' will become apparent, soon enough.
  7. i'mglib Member

Panther, here's the thing.

It's like you say: Scientologists have bunker mentality. They aren't going to listen to Anonymous if Anonymous is quoting Jason Beghe and Geir Isene OR shouting OTIII, ya know?

Most have talked to Scientologists, and all have seen videos of various people talking to Scientologists. It's always the same thing:

1. Scientology works and it helps people.
    2. Whatever abuse you are talking about, it didn't happen TO ME.
    3. And if it did happen to someone else, either they are lying, you read it on the internet, which is all lies, or if you can absolutely prove it, then it's the person's own fault.

The regularity of these exact responses is pretty staggering.

But still, even against these odds, people DO TRY. People do bring copies of the doubt formulas and KRs that the OT8s wrote (as I mentioned in my previous post). People bring copies of the St Petersburg Times, and all sorts of things. As I said before, there's just no "magic" way to get through to someone. So people make some attempts, and then go back to other strategies.

And believe it or not, there is a strategy here.

For one thing, most protesters believe that Scientology involves hypnosis, and brainwashing and is a cult.

Listen to Paul Grosswalds lecture for evidence:

Skeptics Groups : XENU TV

And that the way to get people from getting sucked in is to "brand" Scientology, so that when they see the word, they think "Corrupt, evil, cult, etc."

I applaud your efforts to try other methods. Probably it would be a lot easier for you to attempt to put flyers on Scientologists' cars than for anons to try this. Perhaps it will wake some people up.

Does Scientology do some good for some people? Probably. And if people want to figure out a way to repackage what's good, minus the abuses, then go for it.
  8. anonymous1312 Member

What seems to be lost to this person is that much of the ill feeling, stress and pressure in the organisation these days is down to the effects of Anonymous as a whole.

Everything Anonymous does, whether it be taking the piss out of the whacky beliefs, highlighting the abuses or ripping the piss out of David ("poodle") Miscavige, keeps the pressure up and should continue.

Since no one has any control over Anonymous it is quite likely it will regardless.

Anonymous is always open to new suggestions for ops and lulz and anything that increases the pressure is a good thing.
  9. fitch2000 Member

So far the motto around here seems to be tell all of the dirty deeds of the cult, luckily there are LOTS, that's what makes it so easy for outsiders to see...if it had been a random thing like oh their leader is bad but scientology is good, I wouldn't be here....

just saying...

/ib4andnothingofvaluewaslost

IMO, if you save the fresh meat, sea org labor will dry up, the cult will crumble without it slaves, the hard core old timers and the schillebrity shitheads can't keep it running forever....
  10. Anonymous Member

I thought someone poisoned COB's Panther?
  11. enturbulina Member

Just please don't lurk around dark parking lots putting flyers on windscreens, k?

Don't go into orgs and put flyers on toilet doors or... just dont go into orgs.

You don't want to be blamed for anything that could be found around those cars or toilets later.
  12. eleven Member

Used condoms?

Copies of Gay Times?
  13. Relyt Member

They welcome "anyone" into their orgs, but once they see you doing something they don't like, you're no longer a guest, but a trespasser.
  14. JohnnyRUClear Member

To be fair, that's pretty much how every business operates (and church, too).

Just sayin'.

BTW, Relyt, your sig is still fouling up the display of all of your posts, at least for me. It's about 3 times wider than my window.
  15. BTANONNYC Member

tl;dr

the whole thread
  16. Panther Member

I agree. It's not lost on me at all. I said 3 times it's good work and I respect it. I was only saying that is you want to burn the books, then you better also burn the Koran and the Bible while you're at it. According to some in this thread it's the wicked writings of Hubbard that make some scientologists do wicked things. So presumably studying the Koran makes people want to fly 747s into the Twin Towers, and bible study makes Jim Jones want to kill hundreds of his followers. That doesn't wash with me at all.
  17. Anon323565898 Member

Neither of these interpretations wash with me personally.

I think the issue is far more complex. However, you cannot escape the fact that LRH wrote the policies that lead to abuse. Disconnection, Fair Game, all these things, he wrote them.

Does that mean everything he wrote is destructive? No. And neither is the bible. But I'm a Christian and even I have to admit that some of the particularly nasty and old school parts of the old testament can lead to things like the Westboro Baptist Church protesting at the funerals of American Soldiers because God is punishing America for approving of the lifestyle of homosexuals.
  18. 4Dlulz Member

hmm, has anyone thought to ask buisness to put Anon posters in their window? Scilons can't tear them down or they will be arrested for vandalism and odds are buisnesses are pissed that the scilons keep costing them money by driving away customers. If they let you, sit back and enjoy the lulz as the scilons try to tear it down, only to be arrested for destroying private property, etc.
  19. mrfyde Member

When you talk about the books, which books? Not that any literally need to be burned. But if you are talking about the basics books you have dianetics, that is considered to be a science by Scientologists ONLY. You have the History of man that was talks about man evolving from mythical animals, and ones that are not in the human g-nome or that had different evolution ancestors than humans. You have SoS that puts people into classes, it tells you basically how you should feel and who not to deal with, based on no documented research and a chart that evaluates your feelings for you and labels them good or bad.

And you missed the point of my last post , if you believe the Koran makes people fly airplanes into buildings, because those people took a different journey. It isn't the belief in the Koran that is bad, it is the way it is taught and values that are placed on the human condition. You can take nearly any point of view and make it fanatical even Atheism and Skepticism.

Its the structure of learning, teaching and the reinforcement in Scientology that promotes that type of behavior. That is not to say Scientologists will fly planes into buildings, but there are other things in there such as, fear of being labeled an SP, leaving and having a huge debt to pay off, or even not working to clear the planet and never making it to the theta-verse that make people not worry about the suffering in THIS lifetime because the next one will be better either with 72 virgins or on a cleared planet.

Seize the day. :)
  20. ultrapoet Member

Point one: I wouldn't get too confident in the idea that everybody out there is completely inoculated by now. There are still a lot of people who just see Scientology as a wacky celebrity religion and have no idea about the horrors that lie beneath the glossy surface.

Point two: Speaking moonbat to the poor folks still inside to coax them out is a perfectly acceptable tactic to me. Once they've broken free of the cult's direct influence, I can't imagine they'd suddenly cease their quest for knowledge. Freedom becomes addictive.

Point three: Yes, you have to deal with a lot of /b/utthurt here any time you suggest that Scientologists are, in fact, human beings or that extreme trolling hurts the cause as much as it might help. There's not much to be done about it at this point.

The original Message to Scientology declared that Anonymous would "dismantle the Church in its present form". Causing high-level Scis to flee, even if it is to the Freezone or some self-created equivalent, seems to be as effective a dismantling as any.
  21. Anonymous Member

I stand by the original idea that it doesn't matter what anyone thinks about anonymous on the inside. If they think we're a bunch of assholes, that's fine by me.

Fact is, enturbulating an entire org will always serve our purpose. Because assholes or not we're speaking the truth, and getting an entire org up in a huge tizzy every time a protester trolls them is going to help us.

"The Stress and frustration they feel is not due to us, but a source much closer to them."
  22. Blue Goo Member

Well. For one thing, I have read stories of exes stating that they started to have doubts after seeing protests outside their org. Some were pushed into making their own research in the net after seeing the addresses of the many critical sites at the protests.

And also that the contrast between what they were told about the protesters (hide from the evilterroristaz!) and what they saw going on outside (dancing, caek and free hugs, etc.) also left them wondering.

So?

More Caek.
  23. Anonymous Member

I am getting real damn sick of people saying "dismantle in its present form" I'm gona tell you something i guess you don't understand, that message, it was a joke. If you wonder where the rest of us are, they are laughing at the ones who gave a shit and stayed behind. So don't be thinking that was a promise or that there was an actual game plan because it was a joke to begin with, making it look like it was really going to happen was the topper. When it stopped being funny about 16 months ago, people started to leave, the rest got real damn sick of things and got chased away by the type of drama created by people thinking that message was more than what it was.

So don't read too much into it.
  24. Anonymous Member

You're an authority on this are you?
  25. Anonymous Member

wrong

the "critics movement " PAed the internets
    was a rather well orchestrated plan/troll
  26. Anonymous Member

joke's on you!
  27. Anonymous Member

WRONG.

Few people are able to get it right tho, so I'll cut you some slack there.

Only the people involved at the beginning know, and I wasn't there.
  28. Anonymous Member

some of us were there at the begining
    and learned things afterwords
  29. JohnnyRUClear Member

Some really pointless fighting going on in the last few posts above.

Don't worry about who is 2 legit 2 quit, just go forth and enturbulate. If someone else wants to argue over it, let them. Don't feed the trolls.
  30. Anonymous Member

On good authority, of what was happening on the internets at the time. I personally was not there at the time, but I was however in the next room, and saw but did not read, some of the early PA discussion.

Don't have dox on that, but one doesn't exclude the other from being true. And this is not exactly what they expected. The critics movement may have PA'd but couldn't have control the outcome.
  31. Anonymous Member

cakefags learned that the hard way too sadly
  32. AquaMan Member

33. Basement Member

I'm amazed that you even managed to sit through that. He's right, but he's wrong. And damn cocky.
  34. Panther Member

:D:D
  35. Anonymous Member

Spangly FTW! There are now 155 posts ITT.
  36. Anonymeat Member

This actually makes a lot of sense. If you wanted to draw someone away from a cult, don't insult their "religious beliefs." To us, OT3 is a joke. To them, it's a forbidden secret. Talking about Xenu and so forth would only offend them and not get them to understand what they're doing. Take Christianity for example. If you wanted to tell a Christian that the church they attend is corrupted, you wouldn't tell them something like "Lol, ur retarded. God's not real, and Heaven and Hell don't exist." That would only piss them off. You would honestly tell them that their church is corrupted and they need to leave or change their church. Same thing with Scientology. I can't believe no one's noticed that talking about OT3 and Xenu won't work. Including me. Looking back on it, I find myself assuming that "Scientology is Scientology, and everything about it is evil and the same." Yes, my personal views disagree completely with Scientology's "Religious beliefs." However, I think it's time we separated Tech and Management. If David Miscavige was gone, and the new leader took Dianetics and made something out of it that did not require people to pay thousands of dollars for indoctrinations and complied completely with the law, then Scientology would no longer be a cult. The problem with Scientology was never auditing, Xenu, or body thetans. The problem with Scientology is David Miscavige, the Sea Org, the OSA, the RPF camps, diconnection, and Fair Game. What fools we've been!
  37. JohnnyRUClear Member

And what caek we've had!
  38. mrfyde Member

Nobody is saying that you should argue the point of Xenu. It is not like we say Xenu doesn't exist and couldn't, and they say YES HE DOES!!

Xenu is not really even a major point in the grand scheme of things. But Xenu can also be used to expose what kind of nonsense people who have yet to reach OT 3 are going to be subjected to.

Lets say you just made it to "Clear" and you start to feel like things are not as great as they seemed, or even not as great as you claimed they are. The mindset of that person would be to work harder and to try to get more knowledge of Scientology so they can get the gains they have been promised. That "Clear" is going to be told that he needs to go onto the OT levels. And if that "Clear" already knows what those levels are about it is much less likely that he is going to pay thousands of dollars to learn about Xenu.

Its not easy for Scientology to implant these beliefs in people is not easy and it is not something that happens overnight. I asked one ex on ESMB when he first started doubting Scientology. He told me that he doubted from the very start. But still stayed in for over 20 years. He "doubted" but was not "convinced", Xenu may be just the thing that can "convince" a person that sticking around and paying another 2 or 3 hundred thousand dollars to hear some bad science fiction is not worth the effort.

Auditing IS one of the major abuses in Scientology. It is a system of getting people to conform to Scientology beliefs that cause abuse.

Disconnection is not an abuse, it is the result of abuse. The action of disconnecting is a choice made by a person who has been abused to the point that they believe Scientology is more important to them than their family members.
  39. Panther Member

What ill-informed twaddle this is. This kind of "think" does you more harm than good. If you start trying to be the arbiter of what is and isn't acceptable reading material or belief system then like it or not you are a book-burner. You may just as well toss them all onto the bonfire; the Koran, the Bible, the Vedic Scriptures, the lot. Auditing is not the problem either, any more than psychotherapy is a problem. Martin Bashir was doing just fine until he tried to bring Xenu into the argument, and even I, who thinks Tommy Davis has the moral fibre and integrity of a stomach bug, felt a twang of sympathy for him. Imagine a Muslim being interrogated like that about his/her religion. Disconnection, abuses by DM, even the RPF (although I quite enjoyed mine), are valid targets. Stick to these, otherwise you are just reinforcing what DM is telling the faithful; that you are anti-religious bigots against free speech.
  40. YAHRLY Member

TRANSLATION:

I BOUGHT LRH's line of utter bullshit because I am a raging moron
    The tech is stupid the tech is harmful

Auditting IS a problem because it does NOTHING
    you do NOT have dead alien ghosts on you, the cause of colds is NOT dead alien ghosts, problems in your life are NOT the result of dead alien ghosts .

and selling this line of bullshit as a cure for anything is horseshit
    fuck off and die you derrange freezone moonbat