Customize

Site Update - Jan 2012

Discussion in 'Site News and Announcements' started by Vigdis, Jan 8, 2012.

1. AnonLover Member

LOL, Anarchy. It's quite refreshing when you voluntarily submit to its domination. Just gotta learn how to roll over and take it liek a girl, and enjoy what you get.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. James Spader Member

You is appressin my free speeches.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. DeathHamster Member

Ah good, now I can use the outer two quarters of my screen for post-it notes.
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Anonymous Member

333yjde.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Means that when you add a picture yourself, the editty-thingy in the browser isn't smart enough to swap the real URL for a secure one

BUT

(and this is the good news that everyone seems to be missing)

when you view a thread, and your browser loads up the pictures, you're now loading them securely from WWP,

NOT what was happening before, which was that you were loading them from whatever site they were hosted on, and dropping your IP address there at the same time,

SO before, if I wanted to get the IP addresses of all (non-proxied-up) Anons who were browsing a thread, I could do that by embedding a picture in that thread, that was hosted on a webserver where I could access the logs, (simple),

BUT NOW that's not longer possible.

Hence cake -> sue.
    • Like Like x 12
  6. Pique Member

Thanks muchly.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. telomere Member

woe is me.
    no more reports about posts with inline hotlinked images to scientology sites
    whatever will i do now
  8. Anonymous Member

geesh.
    I wasn't "insinuating".

There was a (very long) while when users didn't have the ability to delete posts. And that was OK.
    There was a (relatively shorter) while when users did have that ability. (Since XF I think?) And it was nice.

My question was:
    was this feature lost as a side effect of something else, or was it something you expressly turned off?
    It would be nice to have that again, but if it was taken out on purpose, it's no big deal.
  9. anonymous612 Member

I feel so beige. Not sure if that's good or bad.

WhyWeTaupe?

You know you're part of the 1%. 1% of the WWP users are getting 99% of the hookers and blow. D:

I'm sure it's been mentioned already but I'm really not feeling the return of the Facebook plugin, for all the reasons it was done away with before.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. AnonLover Member

The colors have grown on me. I like the new fresh chilly look. Reminds me of the inside of my freezer when it needs defrosted.
  11. Anonymous Member

Hospital ice
    • Like Like x 1
  12. sue Administrator

It should still be there, if it isn't it's a bug and i can look into it. There is a time limit where you can chose to edit / remove your post. That has always been the case.
  13. Smurf Member

Me, too. I got excited. There was nothing.

man_crying_3.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  14. amaX Member

who took picture of my desk?

also: "whew!" was glad to log in this afternoon and see everything was still the same! yay!
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Smurf Member

16. amaX Member

Funny you should mention Hoarders. I was watching one night and the Hoarder Lady had a Christmas decoration just like one of mine. I want to start a new show for HGTV called "Decorate Like a Hoarder."
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Sponge Member

Careful now. Before you know it, just when you get nicely settled into to the philosophical tenets of The Beige to Taupiness, suddenly WhyWePucetest will be upon us.
    Doesn't matter to me, bring it on, because I have these.....

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 6
  18. Anonymous Member

19. Anonymous Member

cannot see jewtube or certain images in posts using iphone. wat do?

inb4cancer
  20. Paulius Member

emails not coming about alerts
  21. Anonymous Member

Actually, I assume the asset proxy only hits in when posting non-ssl content. So posting images from HTTPS sites should still link to the other sites. This is an untested assumption though, as I imagine they won't want to completely rape their bandwidth.
  22. Miranda Member

About colors: I don't think it's easy AT ALL to change them. It seems like it should be. But apparently it is not. This is neutral and easy for reading, and finally the whole site matches. I think it's a good enough solution.
    • Like Like x 4
  23. Smurf Member

But, I like purty colors. Taupe is for old people.

ColoredLights.gif
  24. Anonymous Member

Thats so gay.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. RoflCockter Member

I have to admitt that I like the new design, it doesnt feel as bloated as the old one. Smurf just play with your screen or use some textmarker ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Thanks for the site updates. Few questions...

Photo hosts: it seems since the redesign that none of my images from Photobucket are displaying as anything other than a broken graphic image. It's not an issue of my exceeding bandwidth, and it seems to be happening with certain other image hosting sites too - go browse through this thread to see what I mean.

Is there any way to get these images working again, or should I host them on a different site, or..?

Link text color: Apologies if this already got mentioned, but right now, HTML links are displaying in the same old black (okay, dark grey) color, i.e. they aren't blue like we're accustomed to. For me, this is kinda confusing, and it makes it so that clickable links are very easy to miss.

Like for example, this is a clickable link --> Click me
    Yet its color is black.

This seems sort of weird and counterintuitive... for now, I've just been manually adjusting my links to be blue with the color tags, is it possible to tweak something on the server end so web links are blue by default like usual?
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Smurf Member

I'm 12. How do I change the color on my screen?
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

It's all good. If the userbase was consulted before changes were made then nothing would ever get done.
    • Like Like x 5
  29. Anonymous Member

Well that's rubbish, CSS is easy. Firebug makes it even easier.
  30. Testing crap to find out why some images display but some don't... all of these should be accessible images (i.e. try their URL's in a new tab and they display fine), but some don't display on WWP (at least for me).

Works:
    bubblesbubbleseverywhere.jpg

Doesn't work:
    Waldosmilesmall.jpg

Works:
    img20120107162118.th.jpg

Doesn't work:
    [IMG]

Not sure what the deal is. Is it something where non-standard characters in the URL, like underscores _ dashes - and percentile marks %, are getting goofed by the WWP server?
  31. Anon PTS Member

I see all 4 images in your post, FWIW.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. RoflCockter Member

take crayons and paint it?

also: i dont like that i only have to hover over alerts/messages and clicking opens the statspage to it, before the update you had to click it to extend if im not mistaken it totally misleads me every time qq but thats 1% rant
  33. Weird, I had a friend try it and all 4 images show for them. Must be something goofed on my end? Thanks.
  34. sue Administrator

OOPS!

sorry bout that
    • Like Like x 5
  35. Dragononymous Member

You actually tried to fix it this time or to break it?
    We're abit confused lately..
  36. Orson Member

You have no idea; Miranda just hosted a party. GOOD TIMES.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. sue Administrator

Can it be both?
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Dragononymous Member

It looked like that yeh
    • Like Like x 1
  39. AnonLover Member

Yes. and a bag of chips. You rock btw - Mwah!