Customize

Site Update - Jan 2012

Discussion in 'Site News and Announcements' started by Vigdis, Jan 8, 2012.

1. anonymous612 Member

If you were aiming to revive the beloved classic sea of piss theme, you're a few RGB values off.
    But gold star for the logo not being a goddamn punctuation mark.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. AnonLover Member

If we put a spa in downstairs, bastards better not move THE CHAIR.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. sue Administrator

no-just-no-12185-1293166925-6.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  4. rof Member

all the dome chrome is b0rken in Chrome

ruAwj.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

TY sue!
    • Like Like x 3
  6. telomere Member

quoted, so everyone can like this twice
    • Like Like x 7
  7. telomere Member

TY
  8. rof Member

dome img/media input box is dragging on bkgd for overlay

probably a resizing issue
  9. TorontosRoot Member

Reading all this haz suddenly made me hard for no reason at all. A Mother Doxing (motherfucking) Coincidence? LULZ!
  10. LeJoker Member

I loved the video during the set of new skin of the site
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

No love for the new color scheme aesthetically speaking, but on a practical level the dominant color (taupe?) is so close to the gray of the secondary color (thread page numbers, post quotes, etc.) that it neutralizes the contrast between the two. This muddies up the overall design IMO.

/burnt out graphic designer

Also, thanks for your work sue (and seeing what you're doing on the front page I hope you get some serious internet love from Hamburg stat).
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

Message is so dim it's almost invisible.
  13. rof Member

Let me distill this message:

sue is dim, taupe, and a secondary hamburger
  14. James Spader Member

rof, I want some of whatever your avatar is having
    • Like Like x 1
  15. sue Administrator

I'm not a 100% happy with the contrasts either, I still have to wrap my head more around the styling of xenforo, but will with enough trial and error get to making it more aesthetically pleasant. I had to chose between perfecting the design, potentially spending another few days or work week on that, or keep up with the rest of the necessary improvements and changes.
    See above.

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 8
  16. Anonymous Member

More contrast between whatever the base color ends up being and gray will go a long way towards clarifying the design, but in any case it's not urgent.
  17. TinyDancer Member

I don't mind the colour scheme, because the avatars really stand out!
    • Like Like x 3
  18. telomere Member

19. eddieVroom Member

ashtraymonitor.jpg
  20. Smurf Member

Obviously, you're a fan of those HGTV home remodeling shows where puke & blah are the new in-color schemes. :(
  21. eddieVroom Member

I suppose black with green phosphor is out of the question?..

escapefromnewyorkwirefr.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Smurf Member

Yes. It needs more of this...

1248927765w2gKLH.jpg
  23. another123 Member

Gave me an earworm.
  24. Anonymous Member

is the ability for us to delete our own failposts something you plan to bring back?
    or was that function intentionally "deleted"?
  25. sue Administrator

What are you exactly insinuating? Please, if you're going to say things don't be shy of actually speaking your mind.
    • Like Like x 2
  26. Smurf Member

OK. Can you please create a delete button especially created for Herro's posts? :D
  27. Random guy Member

I like the new colour scheme, thanks!

I had some problems logging in. I had to tick "stay logged in" (which I prefer not to) in order to log in. I use Firefox on a Win 7 machine.

Otherwise everything is peachy. Thanks for your hard work, Admins!
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

Can't be arsed reading past early-3rd page.

First off let me say I do love the changes, just not the style changes. I can't express how much I love the fact that everything is now running through SSL.

I usually run through two 1920px wide monitors though, so having 940px fixed width for strip and 900px for actual content looks horrible on my monitor. So I'm hoping you'll either put media queries in... or else I'm going to create a greasemonkey script to turn WWP into full width again (and maybe back to the old theme if there's enough support). Anyone else interested in this?
  29. The WWP colour-scheme is very tasteful all of a sudden.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Sponge Member

What have you done with image links?
    *edit: see subsequent posts. This looks like a browser type (IE)/setting issue.

Some don't seem to work for some image links. Something to do with proxy/SSL?
    I'll just post the symptoms....

Using test links with two different image hosts...
    A: http://i.lulzimg.com/75c3f758b4.pjpeg
    B: http://i39.tinypic.com/if25vb.jpg

-------

Via Inline embed button:
    A: Doesn't work at all.
    B: Didn't work initially but came up after going between normal and plaintext editor (or "more options" button)....
    [IMG]

--------

Via plain text editor, manually adding BBcode IMG tags.
    A:
    [IMG]
    (in editor shows as: https://whyweprotest.net/asset-prox...a706567/http://i.lulzimg.com/75c3f758b4.pjpeg )
    B:
    [IMG]
    ------

Using the image insert button, when it does work (eventually), the image embed box that pops up doesn't initially seem to accept the link. It just clears the field and stays there. Coming out of it (cancel) shows a failed image embed with the "x [ img]
  31. Ersatz Global Moderator

I go away for the weekend and you move all the furniture.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. cfanon Member

[IMG]
    if25vb.jpg

Both worked in editor for me
  33. Anonymous Member

34. Miranda Member

I'm having the problem with images too. Nothing happens when I try to embed them.
  35. Anonymous Member

For a second I had 24 messages waiting in my in box. But it was just a psych
  36. Miranda Member

And I agree, the new theme is tasteful and easy on the eyes over time. As is the new font. I love the subtlety of the colors.
  37. Miranda Member

I had that too, and I saw it on someone else's computer as well.
  38. Anonymous Member

Yes, it's over SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). It makes it much harder for people to monitor or manipulate data between you and the websites. So passwords, personal details, messages etc. It's not impossible though (if interested google: MITM attack)
    I'm getting that too. When I post something it starts to think I have 24 messages.
    • Like Like x 2
  39. cfanon Member

test

Edit: it seems that it's only the first time you post something on a page load.
  40. Anonymous Member