Customize

SIR Anthony Hopkins makes Cruise apologise

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by Anonymous, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

First, apologies that this story concerns events that happened back in about 2000. It was during the filming of Mission Impossible II in Australia.

Here's what I was told today:

"Sir Anthony Hopkins was being miked up for a scene and the sound guy asked him how he was going to deliver his lines because it would affect whether they would boom it or use a radio mike and Tom Cruise, who had been throwing tantrums since filming began, went nuts and screamed at the sound guy, saying,"Do you know who this is, this is Anthony Hopkins. SIR Anthony Hopkins. He will do his line any way he pleases and he doesn't have to even speak to you. God Dammit, You Aussies etc." Then Tom storms off. Anthony turns to the stunned crew and says 'Tom Cruise is a talentless c.... Wait here." Ten minutes later Tom walks back on set with Anthony and apologises to the sound guy. Apparently Anthony had threatened to walk off the film. "

AH had a very small uncredited part in the film, so a threat to walk off - not sure how big a deal that would have been. Except that he IS SIR Anthony Hopkins! I like to think that AH brought Tom Cruise to his knees using his superior intellect and facility with the English language.

I enjoyed the story and thought you lot might too.
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. RightOn Member

link?

Tommy Tantrums lol!
    I am sure many people have seen those

Hopkins should have had him for dinner with a nice chianti and some fava beans
    ffffffsssffffsfsfsffsfsfsf
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. JohnnyRUClear Member

2000? 12 years... man, that's a long, ugly trail of cult bitchery. Imagine all the stories there must be by now.

Also, <3 AH for pwning "Tone 40 Tom"'s imaginary OT powers.
    • Like Like x 1