Customize

Simple Flash game where you guess if the LRH quote is True or False

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Anonymous, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

Somebody on another thread was asking for a source on a quote that was credited to Hubbard.
    The quote was "if you really want to enslave people give them total freedom".
    It doesn't sound familiar but got me thinking. Could we do a Flash game where people try and guess
    if the quote displayed is a true LRH quote or false one.
    It would be good for introducing people to some of his more famous and nasty quotes.

The game would be called "Did he reallly say that?"
    This is a mockup of the start, the quote and the follow up screen after the user has made their
    selection:
    nYa1t.jpg
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Anonymous Member

And 3 control buttons would make it easier to visualize
    MgJOG.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. RolandRB Member

^^ That letter to his wife never got into the public domain. Nobody has a scan of it. It is what Gerry Armstrong remembers seeing or something very like that when he was working on a biography of Hubbard while still a member.

There is also the "If you really want to enslave people tell them that you are going to give them total freedom" quote (that varies a bit) that even comes with a date of 23 Jul 1963 but nobody can track this quote down. So yes, the game is a good idea, but it would be better if they were proven quotes.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. DeathHamster Member

5. CarterUSP Member

I agree.
    The clams are already told that the internet is full of squirreled lrh tech, it's always good to quote things they can verify.
  6. Anonymous Member

I think it's OK to include quotes whose sources are second hand, i.e. a witness claims they heard Hubbard say it, as long as the original source of the quote is named.
  7. RolandRB Member

Why bother with second-hand quotes when you have a large number of lunatic quotes from Hubbard that can be verified?

Here is a whole load of them:

http://www.xenu.net/archive/multimedia.html

L. Ron Hubbard talking about how negroes imbue inanimate objects with personality. Therapy Section of Technique 80: Part I, Route to Infinity, 21 May 1952:"Actually, have you ever noticed how a negro, in particular, down south, where they're pretty close to the soil, personifies MEST? The gate post and the wagon and the whip and anything around there. A hat -- they talk to 'em, you know. "Wassa madda wit you, hat?" [laughter]. They imbue them, with personality."
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

o hai! Roland. Still sucking cock?
  9. RightOn Member

an app would be lovely! lol!
    But you would get sued for copyright.
  10. RolandRB Member

Not for quotes, surely!