Customize

Should Anonymous target British newspaper News fo the World?

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Anonymous, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

+1
  2. Anonymous Member

Is it time to remind you hotheads of the quote about never picking fights with people who buy ink by the barrel?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. holy...shit i just looked at the dox..nice job anon. Is it worth leaking?
  4. Anonymous Member

5. Anonymous Member

We are the ones refilling the barrels, and don't you forget it.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

And can I add that if you want to go after freelancers then nearly every journo working on you local newspapers will have taken the Murdoch shilling at some point? Most local staffers are allowed to earn extra money by being uncredited stringers. Keep it in mind for when you need to harpoon your local news sources.
  7. And need I remind you that people need to be held accountable for their actions. Anonymous is here to help with that.
  8. Anonymous Member

You guys are funny.
    First it's the News of The World. Next thing you'll be going after the New York Post and Fox News and the Wall Street Journal.
    I'm sure if the US public found out what motivated these attacks they would be very supportive, but I doubt very much Anonymous have got the balls to do it....
  9. Anonymous Member

10. Anonymous Member

Have at it gang.
  11. Its not politically motivated if that's what you mean. Although I personally despise all those news sources and would applaud them being taken down. This is clearly a reaction to unethical practices that are VERY serious and should be taken seriously. But, I guess its easier for you to look the other way.
  12. SwordofTruth Member

1/10
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Im with you Sword of Truth.
  14. Anonymous Member

15. Jinkii Member

All of their advertisers are abandoning them, the Granuaid is having a field day pointing out each and every illegal act done "in the public interest (trademark Lady Murdoch's Idiot Offspring LTD)", it was one thing when they were hacking celebrities, cheating sporting "personalities" and politicians.

They have been interfering with criminal investigations, Millie Dowler, The Soham Murders, 7/7 victims and their families and the phones of dead soldiers and their families.

They are easily equatable to WBC and should be treated as such, on the one hand Vile and Exploitative on the other Holier than thou and whipping up public anger and hate.

Lets not forget that the Labour Government of the day declined to investigate and the current Prime Minister is a personal friend of the Ginger Witch who was Editor at the time, she is currently the head of News International UK, it has been said either she knew and allowed it or she didn't know and is really bad at her job.

IMO par for the course from a Media Conglomerate that fought and won court cases to broadcast lies on their news channels.

Also Kay Burley
    • Like Like x 1
  16. vaLLarrr Member

This is less about Anonymous, and more about the inevitable. This was bound to happen. Decreed, if you like.

Everything in it's place, each according to their ability for for each according to their need.

Humans. Can't live with them, can't live without them. Baby you're a firework.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

^^^^^ this ^^^^^
  18. yep Kay Burley is a moron. We need less of these people in the world.
  19. Anonymous Member

This is such fucking bullshit. Murdoch and co. should be locked the fuck up. News of the World should die in a goddamned fire. This is a great opportunity to troll the shit out of these fucks. What's the plan? Is anything being prepared here or elsewhere? Point me in the right direction i'm ready to go.
  20. Anonymous Member

And need I remind you that something like this needs to be handled carefully? Again if you'd quit rushing headlong over the cliff you'd realise the real story here is the fact personal information was being sold to hacks and their private detectives by UK cops.
  21. Anonymous Member

Not entirely the story. It was the journos that gained access to the phone messages, and deleted many of them. The cops gave them the numbers, but they carried out the hacks.
  22. Anonymous Member

Pooning the advertisers and sponsors of the newspapers is having an effect. Good strategy for now.
  23. Anonymous Member

Yes in relation to TNOTW but the large brands are still advertising in the other papers in the News international stable.
    I suggest targeting The take over Bskyb by murdoch.
  24. Anonymous Member

Those larger brands need pooning. Drag them to account and they will bend to the will of the people.
  25. Anonymous Member

26. Anonymous Member

27. Anonymous Member

Bskyb shares have fallen 2%
    Newscorps have fallen 3% in both new york and sydney
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

Pressure needed on UK supermarket Tesco, they are refusing to pull advertising.
  29. Miranda Member

Please clarify exactly what sort of "attack" you are discussing here. The ban against promoting illegal activity is not "wink wink nudge nudge."
  30. Anonymous Member

They hack. Anon hacks. Why would we attack them again?
  31. Anonymous Member

This the more traditional emailing people.
    No one is charging lasers ITT.
    So don't worry :)
  32. Anonymous Member

Oh, no problem ... the hackers have been arrested, and justice must run its course. NOT!

Who the hell paid the hackers? Who the hell put pressure on the editors who hired the hackers? Who the hell hired the editors who hired the hackers? Who the hell publishes the goddamn newspapers? Who the hell bought up every used-to-be-semi-objective-and-independent-newspaper-save-two-or-three in the Free World, not to mention Fox News, Fox TV and Fox movies?

Speaking purely for myself, and not encouraging anything illegal whatsoever, fuck Murdoch.
    • Like Like x 3
  33. Jinkii Member

Some of the Police and witnesses involved in Tommy Sheridan's conviction for Perjury are on the list of Paid Informants handed to the CoL Constabulary, so i guess conviction is unsafe and he has grounds for appeal, which i see as good news but the NotW also interfered with the convictions of the Soham Murderer, Milly Dowler's Murderer and Peter "Bible John" Tobin's convictions, so they have grounds to appeal.

Bunch of dirty gutter rats with notebooks just opened the door for 2 sex criminals and a serial killer among others to waste more public money in appeals process, way to fucking go!
  34. Anonymous Member

35. Anonymous Member

A huge legal Twitter campaign against the advertisers that keep the paper in business, email campaign directed at all members of the workforce at the paper, leafletting, compiling dox, the usual perfectly legal activity that puts pressure on.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Miranda Member

Sounds good.
  37. Anonymous Member

OTOH all the rest of the press hates them, and they buy more ink.

Yes. Absolutely. Yes. Activism. We should do this.

Can we dox the PI?
  38. Anonymous Member

39. Anonymous Member

40. vaLLarrr Member

Wrong. Use the contact details on page 1 of this thread, troll the shit out of them.