Customize

Sheriff's Report on Ordinance 884

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by mnql1, Sep 9, 2009.

1. mnql1 Member

2. XenuPhobic Member

Re: Sheriff's Report on Ordinance 884

Win?
  3. Re: Sheriff's Report on Ordinance 884

imagine that...
  4. AnonyMary Member

It sounds to me like the Sherriff/Coroner is stating that there is no need for the ordinance. I hope that the He is made to elaborate on incidents that did occur that did not require the Ordinance, because there were few if any since that anything came of since and NONE like the 'extremists" mentioned in that UCLA Regents injunction request.
  5. amaX Member

hahahahahahahahaha!

i tell you what, cult. it sure as hell sounds like your fucking golden days are over.

does the cult have enough money left to try and gather more blackmail information about the current administrations all over this land to make your shit not stink anymore?

got anyone working on that right now, shorty miscavige?

bleed 'em dry and punch everyone around you, shorty.
  6. Re: Sheriff's Report on Ordinance 884

Yeah, the Golden age of their control has come to an end...
    Now its like watching 'Downfall'...
    Only The Hitler is much smaller and doesnt have a mustache.
  7. kitfisto Member

Jeff Stone can suck it dry.
  8. Anonymous Member

hells yeah freedom
  9. Anon-007 Member

Epic result - well done!
  10. Re: Sheriff's Report on Ordinance 884

Oh! hay:

11. conatus Member

Thanks, dude. Now I've laughed so hard I've wet my lederhosen.
  12. bastet Member

Tom Cruise can't fly and he can't act either. Epic
  13. Sock Puppy Member

Let me make sure I understand this correctly; basically the report says that new laws aren't necessary in order to curtail the protests because the existing ones are working just fine? And this is considered a win?
  14. avbb Member

Here ya go Jeff Stone, C0$ and David Tiny Tyrant Miscavage.

youloser.gif

My guess is the next County meeting ought to have some interesting comments. Go get em, ladies!

Also by this report could it be the sheriff is now having second thoughts about supporting and/or assisting the cult? [STRIKE][/STRIKE]
  15. incog712 Member

This! Which is pretty much what that one sensible board member (the name escapes me just now) was saying all along. Hopefully he'll be fully vindicated on the 15th.

Fingers crossed.
  16. Anonymous Member

17. XenuPhobic Member

18. Anonymous Member

From AO:

Here's my take on this: Don't celebrate!

Sheriff's Report on the Enforcement of Ordinance 884 - Targeted Residential Picketing - Ex Scientologist Message Board

Here's the report submitted by Stanley Sniff, Riverside county sheriff regarding the application of ordinance 884.

http://www.clerkoftheboard.co.rivers...2009/03.42.pdf

I see this report very differently from the discussions on WWP.

Some people see this as a win:
    "Since the enactment of the Ordinance, there have not been any situations where the Ordinance has been utilized. In situations where picketing has occurred, the Sheriff's Department has found the usage of existing penal code violations more appropriate. "

Maybe so, but the problem is that the RECOMMENDED MOTION is not to do away with the ordinance as the above paragraph implies, but rather to "receive and file this report".

Therefore, the ordinance STAYS and will not be RE-VOTED on.

The way the ordinance is written, people will get arrested if they attempt picketing at Gold Base. As it was discussed many times, the ordinance is cleverly designed to restrict picketing from an invisible property line, which is not only enforceable, but also forces picketers in the middle of the street!

The cult just waited the required 6 months till the ordinance is cast in stone and I will not be surprised one bit that the next protesters at Gold will be arrested.

Please attend the Sep 15, Board of Sups meeting to ask that the ordinance be repealed, because it is unenforceable, it is unconstitutional, it is unnecessary (because existing laws can be used instead) and crafted at the request of a "religious" organization, in direct conflict with the principle of separation of church and state and tax laws.

As I was expecting, ordinance 884 will not be re-voted, but instead the report from Sniff will simply be filed:

http://www.clerkoftheboard.co.riverside.ca.us/agendas/2009/09_15_2009/03.42.pdf

This leaves the cult with an ordinance, AS IT IS WRITTEN, to prevent all picketing at Gold Base. (distance from property line rather than distance from buildings)
  19. ARC Member

I tend to agree with AO's assessment of this one - it's too early to celebrate - except I don't agree with this pont:

Churches, corporations and citizens all have a right to request legislation. That doesn't violate church/state separation. But the preferential treatment shown to them here might violate that. But to show that, you need to show something more than that they asked for the legislation.
    So while church/state separation is not a valid argument IMO, it is completely valid to argue that the supervisors are bowing down to special interests rather than protecting the rights of the people here.
  20. Ann O'Nymous Member

21. Anonymous Member

Maybe not, but they still have enough $$$ for hookers and blow.
    " 'The use of sexual favors is just one more example of the tactics that...lobbyists have used to win favorable laws from lawmakers,' said Kathay Feng, president of California Common Cause.
    As TV camera crews chased lawmakers through Capitol corridors for comment on the scandal Wednesday, the place was abuzz with gossip: other lawmakers with lobbyist mistresses, inappropriate invitations to romantic dinners, married legislators and industry officials canoodling at fundraisers and after-hours mixers."-Los Angeles Times
  22. Re: Sheriff's Report on Ordinance 884

"Picketing Law Scrutinized" <-- article in today's Press Enterprise. Discussion in advance of Tuesday's Board of Supervisors meeting. Not available online as of yet so the paper is being scanned. Will post asap.
  23. Anonymous Member

Thanks for all you hard work AO - Rivercide can never thank you enough :)
  24. Anonymous Member

I would rather hear Graham Berry's take on it.
  25. Anonymous Member

Well, who the fuck are you, and who gives a shit what you think?

26. Anonymous Member

Looking through some old ARS stuff, it seems that the Scilon Val Hill is from Toronto.

27. Re: Sheriff's Report on Ordinance 884

law.jpg

group.jpg
  28. Ramona Member

[SIZE=&quot;5&quot;]&quot;Usage of existing penal codes [COLOR=&quot;Navy&quot;]more[/COLOR] appropriate!&quot; Ha ha, Scilons! and Jeff![/SIZE]

29. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

will you speak this time, woman?

:)
  30. Re: Sheriff's Report on Ordinance 884

mmmmmmebbeh......

;)
  31. MeganonOT8 Member

I second that.