Customize

Sharron Angle - Threatening Armed Revolt?

Discussion in 'Sharron Angle' started by Anonymous, Jun 17, 2010.

1. AquaMan Member

Re: Sharron Angle - Threatening Armed Revolt?

Reading is fundamental, but so is comprehension of what you read.

Like it or not, this site's focus is protesting Scientology. The original subject of this thread had nothing to do with that, hence my question.

There are plenty of places to get into pure partisan faggotry, and at the time I posted my question this thread wasn't in one of them. Since it's now been moved to the chitchat forum, the question is withdrawn.
  2. JohnnyRUClear Member

The level of political and economic misunderstanding in the above quote is staggering. You don't know much about "teabaggers", yet think yourself an expert (hint: labeling someone with an offensive term is a great first step toward failing to understand them). You don't understand how a redistributionist government inevitably leads to economic decline and general discontent, especially among the middle class -- and the poor. You cite the French Revolution, but you should read Bastiat's "The Law" for a proper analysis.

Overall, about the only thing you really "get" here is this:

That much is correct. "Anger management" is always important. Angry mobs are not a good source of wise planning, and angry individuals are not much better. When something raises your anger, you're liable to make poorer choices unless you very deliberately use the anger as a motivator to sharpen your thinking, not to dull it.

In the case of the Tea Partiers, the causes of their anger are easily enough observed, and are real (most of them; I'll grant that there's an actual nutjob or three in the mix -- and those are the ones the media reliably and deliberately bring to your attention). Maybe you haven't experienced those same motivators, and so you regard the TPers as crazy, stupid, or whatever. But the motivators continue to exist and to motivate. When your arrogant scoffing fails to dissipate the frustrations of the TP masses, what then?

Perhaps the persistence of the TP movement, per se, will be your frustration, just as the persistence and gradual success of the leftist (at least in the eyes of the right) drive toward collectivism frustrates the TPers. And then what? What's the actual solution to all of this? Namecalling (by anybody, on any side), while cathartic and entertaining for the caller (not so much for the callee), won't fix anything.

That was a very good post by MB standards, IMO.

That wasn't the point. The point was that the "guns thing" is a distraction away from the "cult thing". Chanology isn't here to argue about guns, the 2A, etc. (and pardon my above derail in this very post, in fact). It's here to focus on getting rid of a cult. The target: stay on it.
  3. the_cloak Member

You get a flunk for reading comprehension or maybe you are just an idiot.

#1 in your list was covered in mine.

#2 and 3 are 2 sides of the same coin and were also covered in my list.

And yes part of the reason was for people to protect themselves against criminals and other things (wildlife, etc). Keep in mind when the bill of rights was written, there was no dialing 911 let alone phones of any kind. If you came under attack, it was up to you to defend yourself. You also needed guns to hunt if you lived out on the frontier.
  4. AquaMan Member

To be fair, while at the time of the quoted comment (and maybe the response, not sure; the thread was moved while I was asleep) this thread was in the Media forum, it's now in a forum where the focus isn't exclusively on anti-Scientology, hence my withdrawing the original objection.
  5. Re: Sharron Angle - Threatening Armed Revolt?

Seriously how did Nurse Ratched even get nominated?
  6. AnonymousNow Member

In our goal to have the COS's tax exempt status eliminated and the COS investigated, do you think it will be helpful to have politicians extremely friendly to the COS in Congress?

We had consensus long ago that we would work against candidates for office that promoted Scientology.

So this is "partisan faggotry" on my part? You just took an insane and indefensible position. I think you should try more unsupported personal attacks now and please, tell me more about what these boards are really for.

Also, who the hell are you?
  7. Anonymous Member

If you or I shot off our mouths like that, we'd be in Gitmo faster then shit through a goose.
  8. Goosh Goosh Member

i would laugh my ass off if we suddenly heard that angle was arrested for conspiring to commit treason
  9. Anonymous Member

FIFY

Also, part of the reason was (probably) for protection against radical batshit insane guys like LRH or Major Boyle.

We didn't have psychiatric drugs, or humane institutions for treating them, back then.

R2-45 might have been a kinder, more just remedy than
    [IMG]
  10. Anonymous Member

/r/ LRH as the village idiot
  11. AquaMan Member

No where did I say that wasn't the goal.

Again, I was specifically talking about Angle threatening armed revolt if she didn't win, when asking why this particular thread had been started. Nowhere in the OP was anything said of her shilling for Scientology/narCONon.

Had this thread started in the Chit Chat forum, or had the thread been about her calling for her Sci buddies to initiate said armed revolt, I wouldn't have asked about relevance. Hell, I probably wouldn't have even seen the thread had it started in CC (I don't really pay attention to CC, as I have plenty of other places to do general chit-chat), nor cared much if I had.
  12. Anonymous Member

Point of this thread.
  13. Anonymous Member

14. Re: Sharron Angle - Threatening Armed Revolt?

LOL Americunts.

The rest of us survive without needing more guns than people. Faggots.
  15. Anonymous Member

Let's regain focus a bit.

Hypothetically: A candidate for office in a mainstream any political party is making public comments that to many sound insurrectionist. This candidate does not retract or even attempt to clarify when questioned on them.

This candidate is tied to the Church of Scientology, being a naive stooge exposed to them only through controlled presentation and an innocuous front group.

"Potential insurrectionist" wins out over "prisoner massages" by any standard.

The Church of Scientology, an organization seeking wide public acceptance while not wishing to draw attention to itself, invests in political candidates. Such an organization wouldn't want ties with a potential insurrectionist if it wants to maintain neutral relations with society at large. However, as a "religion", Scientology when cornered would make a noble statement about church/state separation and not commenting on any candidate in any district. Embarassing them into reaction by going with "potential " is enticing, but not possible.

The Scientology connection will likely be a footnote to this race. When this hypothetical candidate isn't elected or is arrested, no credit can be taken for ruining Scientology's investment.
  16. Anonymous Member

haters-gonna-hate.jpg
  17. Anonymous Member

Footnote, yes.
    Nothing of value? Possibly- we'll still have to watch this one play out.
    "Batshit crazy" is a label Ms Angle is increasingly being stuck with.
    Violent + "batshit crazy" does pull the conversation away from Scientology somewhat, because Scientology isn't (popularly) associated with violence.

If the "violent" label dies down or gets handled, other evidence for her being "batshit crazy" becomes more interesting. And in the popular view, "Scientology" and "batshit crazy" aren't very far removed.

Her ties to CoS are very far from the most damning; but for some lulz-obsessed entertainer/politicos- Xenu is still fair game. Don't get your hopes up, but its too early to dismiss entirely (and don't let up on the poons faggots!!!!!!!)
  18. Goosh Goosh Member

this is why i wish the cult would officially endorse sharron angle, and i hope they release an email soon to their mailing list telling culties to vote for sharron angle
  19. Relyt Member

I may have stepped on some "Tea Partier" toes in my post, but I speak from observation. Everything I've seen them stand for has been a misunderstanding of the law and the situation they're dealing. They have attracted a great number of arrogant rich folk, racists, and just general ignorant rednecks* (*and if you consider that ad-hominem, do yourself a favor and word-clear both words).

They are against healthcare reform for reasons that don't exist. Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin are not good sources on these fictitious "death panels". In fact, the whole "death panel" thing was a 180 degree ankle twist of something in the bill which would allow the elderly to decide what happens to their shit after they die. Instead, they made it sound like the government would decide what to do with the elderly, to the legal-illiterate.

They're blaming Obama for Bush's economy, despite the fact that Obama has actually brought the economy back up from Bush's record low.

And while though there are very good reasons to criticize Obama (why are we still at war; why are all the big businesses being bailed out; etc), they often choose the very mundane things such as his race, religion, and whether or not he's technically "American".

They are unconvinced that there is a very high number of people who are unable to afford healthcare in our draconian healthcare system that has been abandoned by every single other civilized country in the world, which all have better systems than ours. Of course this isn't a hard imagination to follow, considering most of them are rich fucks on medicare who couldn't have it better, and never took the time to understand that not everyone in this country is as privileged as they are.

Also, another reason to hate "Tea Partiers"? They've gladly embraced the LaRouche culties as allies. You know, the anti-Jewish political culties who ironically accuse politicians who are not LaRouche of being comparable to Hitler.
  20. Rockyj Member

Agreed & very well said.
  21. Anonymous Member

larouche culties, C-street, john birch society... etc.
  22. Skeptic1337 Member

I'm enjoying relts rant.

I consider Hannity, Rush, Beck and Levin to all be arsonists.
  23. Anonymous Member

Attention stupid people who think that the 2nd ammendment gives you the ability to overthrow the government: you are incredibly stupid and need to read the constitution. However, even if you weren't fucking stupid, tell me what your hunting rifle is going to do against this shit:

M1A1_abrams_front.jpg

Fuck you and fuck anyone who doesn't recognize that the second ammendment was written for a country without an army.
  24. Relyt Member

Ah, I just love scouting out the teabaggers on WWP. :)
  25. One0fMany Member

The Civil War wasn't fought over slavery. The south was trying to ally with England during the war, who wouldn't have stood by anyone who held the institution of slavery in such high regard (despite the fact that they sold them most of the slaves in the first place). They were going to have to ditch it sooner or later. Lincoln simply beat them to it.

On topic: Yes, she's 100% correct as to why we have a second amendment. Yes, she's 100% correct in that Americans are growing more angry and harbor no small amount of animosity towards the fed. If fact, I'm one of those people.

But she's utterly delusional if she actually believes that her losing the election is going to be the catalyst for any second amendment solutions. Actually, I'm not really sure "delusional" is a strong enough word.

This has all the makings of another Al Gore style baaaawfest over hanging, dimpled, and sternly-looked-at chads. And before anyone says it: All you have to do is put a fucking stick in a fucking hole. If that technology escapes you, then you don't deserve to have your vote counted. You're too fucking stupid to be making decisions on your own, anyways.

/ pre-emptive rant
  26. Anonymous Member

Are you claiming the Civil War was fought primarily because the Confederate States wanted to ally with England?
  27. Major Boyle Member

No, it was not for self protection. In fact, if you bothered to read the constitutional debates, you'll find lots of people arguing to explcitly add the right of self defense to the whole thing. The original draft version of the second amendment *REQUIRED* people to be armed except those who were religiously scrupulous (meaning those who thought it violated their religious beliefs, such as Quakers).

The only one of the framers who even talked about recreational shooting was Thomas Jefferson, but he didn't say that was why he favored the RKBA.
  28. Major Boyle Member

Ahem.

" "God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.... The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787"
  29. Anonymous Member

All of those sound like excellent forms of self protection.

Oh.
  30. Relyt Member

How do you interpret this?
  31. JohnnyRUClear Member

Relyt, I don't want to bicker about politics on this site. I've spent years doing that elsewhere; it accomplishes little even where it's the purpose of the site, and that isn't the purpose of this one.

I will say, for the record, that it's possible your local TPers are different than mine. Mine are not racists and I've literally never met anyone who objected to a black president. A muslim one, yes, and that fear is around in some of the TPers I know. Not all, or even a majority, in my perception, but a significant chunk. But the primary complaint isn't even Obama (though none of them like him, nor do I). The primary complaint is the increasing burden of government on the middle class, which takes on many forms -- taxes, regulations, restrictions, etc.. In that, their complaints have merit; we can (preferably elsewhere, I think, not here) debate the reasons for that and potential solutions, or even whether it's actually a desirable change (FTR: it's not, IMO), but to ignore that complaint is to misinterpret the impetus for the whole TP movement.

We just are not looking at the same thing, so far, for whatever reason. The people I see are not the same people you see, at least in certain respects. This being a Chanology board, though, I don't know that it's crucial to resolve that here.

I think, with that, that I'm done weighing in on this, although I'll hold myself out as a source of fisthand info from the TPer realm should anyone want to ask me about it, perhaps via PMs.
  32. Random guy Member

While I am at the very opposite side of the political spectrum from Johnny (being a bleeding-heart, treehugging liberal Eurofag and all), he is right in this case. We do have other fish to fry. Spending time discussing politics in the bipartisan US is a surefire way of wasting time and initiative.

Angle is interesting to the degree she endorses the cults front groups.

[IMG]
  33. Anonymous Member

For me, that is sufficient to write off and ridicule the movement generally. Yes, sure, there are presumably some reasonably intellectual TPers, and you might be one. But generally, the face of the TP is of support and promotion of wilful ignorance towards politics and evidence backed truths (including, but not limited to, science).

Basically, many TPers are demonstrably stupid, they tend to be the loud ones, and nothing is done by the rest to reign them in, or stop them getting nominated for office.

I'll also refrain from further prodding.
  34. Smurf Member

Are you're a pervert?

Urban Dictionary: tea bagging
  35. Anonymous Member

Are you're a pervert?

Urban Dictionary: tea bagging
  36. Anonymous Member

People always say parisanship is bad...and yet somehow, whenever a politician advocates violence, they always seem to just mysteriously be Republicans.

Republicans; the Redneck Party?

We report, you decide.
  37. Anonymous Member

38. Anonymous Member

And therein lies the utter stupidity and willful ignorance of the vast majority of the Tea Party. By what paranoid stretch of the imagination is Barack Obama a Muslim? There is zero evidence of this, unless you perform the mental gymnastics to tie his attempts to make peace with the Islamic world - questionable and fruitless as his efforts may be - as proof of being a Muslim. In case the Republicunts may have forgotten, as they have beaten this dead horse repeatedly in the 2008 elections, Obama was a member of Jeremiah Wright's church for twenty years, which was a Christian church. Why would a closet Muslim attend a Christian church? That's like a black person attending a White Power rally.

Of course, this is only the tip of the iceberg. There's also the fact that Tea Partiers refuse to believe that Obama was born in the United States despite all evidence to the contrary, the fact that they believed the 'death panels' drivel at face value without even bothering to read the Healthcare Bill, and yes, they have been recorded calling black members of Congress 'niggers' after the bill was passed, indicating that racism is indeed a factor in at least some of the Tea Party movement. And now, we hear them talking of starting another American Civil War, which is also being advocated by people like Sharron Angle.

The Tea Party is the cancer that's killing the Republican Party, and if this continues, it might just be the end of it.
  39. Relyt Member

40. Goosh Goosh Member

this thread needs moar faux news