Customize

Serbian Activists

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by Cyber Null, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

I, the person asking the question about music, did not post the picture and have no ability to remove it.
  2. kasiopeja Member

than I've made a mistake, because there are two anonymous with the same avatar. I was a little bit panic, can't stand aggressive things, sorry.
    Well, about music in Beograd : that new kind of "music" (I think that it doesn't have nothing common with music at all) is only a toll for brain washing, and also doesn't have nothing in-common with authentic gipsy music
  3. telomere Member

Actually, it is more than two persons. :)
    Any registered person on this site can post as "Anonymous" if you use the "Reply Anonymously" button at the bottom of the page.
    And one consequence of that, if you post something as Anonymous, you cannot go back and edit or delete it. Only the mods can.
  4. kasiopeja Member

thank you, but how to avoid ugly and aggressive post and persons?
  5. I see that Ersatz is now on-line at WWP. Things should change for the better very soon!

Let the music continue! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ignore the person. Report the posts. That is all.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. telomere Member

For posts, use the "Report" link at the bottom of an aggressive post, and ask the moderators to repair or remove it.

For ugly persons, you can ask them to wear a mask. And as Jacky says, ignore them.
    If they continue to be a nuisance, continue to report. People who continue to disrupt the forums may be banned or otherwise restricted.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. kasiopeja Member

thank all of you for help and taking care, hear all of you soon here, I'll go now, and we shall continue to talk about music :)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. James Spader Member

Anonymous poster of posterior has been reminded and remanded.

To those that think the history of the former Yugoslavia somehow justifies trolling this or any other thread: No.

Everyone else: please carry on.
    • Like Like x 4
  10. LocalSP Member

Keith Richards only use five strings and tunes to open G. He removes the low E string. That is not on all of guitars but he predominantly plans open G tuning.
  11. Anonymous Member

Unplug computer. Toss it in the reka.
  12. And sometimes, Keith looks like a Gypsy!

vqovn.jpg

/derail...
    • Like Like x 2
  13. LocalSP Member

and this picture was taken when he was 12.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. telomere Member

15. Smurf Member

I have a Serbian friend, raised in Belgrad, who is a fan of Serbia's top pop singer Ceca Raznatovic. I like her music, though some have complained her blending traditional Slavic music with pop dilutes it. Too each their own, I guess.

16. kasiopeja Member

hello friends, what has happened with a music? :)
    May I find and send you some really authentic old folk music just to compare with those stuff that they call "folk music" today?
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

I have to say that I love Goran Bregovic. All of his stuff. I love the nostalgic Yugo Bijelo Dugme, which was an amazing band, but I also love his new "folk" stuff. The guy is an extremely talented musician and I saw him play many times in several countries (Holland, France and Israel). He was also just in NY, playing in the Carnegie Hall. Most of you would know him the US for this song, sang by Iggy Pop:

But he also did a lot of cool stuff in the Balkans.

Djudjevdan by Bijelo Dugme

Same song, but re-made for the time of the Gypsies movie (in a fold version)

18. kasiopeja Member

19. Anonymous Member

I just embedded the videos for you. I know Shaban Bajramovic.

I also like Sevdah, though I'm not sure if it's popular in Serbia, it's more of a Bosnian thing.
  20. Anonymous Member

Sorry to take you back to Bijelo Dugme, but this has got to be one of my favourite Balkan songs:

• Like Like x 1
  21. kasiopeja Member

unfortunately, it become forgotten because the money-makers who are making thresh, and covered the really valuable music, but still in Beograd you can find places and musicians who are playing old sevdah, gipsy and serbian music
  22. Cyber Null Member

We finished talking about it xD
    So what are you talking about music? xD
  23. kasiopeja Member

hi :) :) the music !!!!
  24. kasiopeja Member

25. kasiopeja Member

26. Smurf Member

Seems that the Serbs are joking around about the value of the Euro... selling it off to one another.
  27. Smurf Member

One of Ceca's better songs... Pile. I love this song. Serbians refer to it as "turbo-folk" music.

28. Aranea Member

hvala hvala, bolje vas našla :D
  29. Smurf Member

шта је са мном? Тако сам тужна. :(
  30. kasiopeja Member

seems that you miss the point of that performance, Smurf. If you like, I can explain it to you
  31. kasiopeja Member

can I help you Smurf? sadness isn't pleasant condition. What makes you happy ?
  32. Smurf Member

A million dollars would be a nice start. Tax-free. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  33. kasiopeja Member

ups! than this is a wrong place, you have to go somewhere else, you have to visit some bank, go to Wall Street, find a good job, they have that kind of stuff... we have only happiness of living here, priceless
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

Smurf, I love it how you use the female gender when speaking Serian.
  35. Smurf Member

How does one speak Serian?
  36. Anonymous Member

Do you speak Spanish? It's like in Spanish, when you're a guy you'd say "estoy seguro" (I'm certain) and if you're a girl you'd say "estoy segura". So for some reason your google translation chose the female tense/gender in Serbian.
  37. Smurf Member

Šta činiti te srednja JA fast sličan jedan žena , žena?
  38. Anonymous Member

Did you just ask me "what means that middle JA, similar one woman, woman?
    hehe, those internet translations are quite funny sometimes.
    anyhoo, I'm obviously not a native speaker, I just speak some Slavic languages including Bosnian/Serbian/Croatian [if I may put them in the same group....I hope all the yugos won't jump me right away!].
  39. Smurf Member

40. Anonymous Member