Customize

September 12 - Chicago, IL

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Strong Strength, Sep 12, 2009.

1. September 12 - Chicago, IL

I am gonna be a total slowpoke on reporting back on this, but it was really fun. There were lots of other things going on nearby our protest spot, and we sent out a lot of little expeditions that went really well.

We missed the people who couldn't make it!

I'll post some stuff when I get rested up and have more time, but it probably won't be for a couple of days.
  2. CBAnon Member

Re: Sept. 12th, 2009 -- Chicago, IL

Moved from another thread:

I can sum it up in one word. "EPIC!!" One might even say "Legendary!" The tea baggers loved us. But yes, there were the usual trolls. We had an anon give a quick speech. "...taking the freedom of speech to the logical extreme..." Gotta love it. Free hugs were readily available however no police wanted a hug. Always either "Maybe next time" or "Not from you". There was even a quick away mission to the Celtic fest. I'm surprised they let the us in with the masks, signs, and bullhorn. So many pictures taken, so many videos, so much win. Gotta love it. That's my quick wrap up. Someone will post a more in depth one soon enough.
  3. 3rdMan Member

I got a call from Anons to join the raid. They couldn't afford my plane ticket so I couldn't join. Sorry guyz. Glad to hear it was a success, tho. Chifags = badass motherfuckers.
  4. amaX Member

Can't wait for pix!
  5. CBAnon Member

I hope they got my good side.
  6. xerobebop Member

I had your number written down, but labeled it strongstrength. Sry d00d
  7. Re: Sept. 12th, 2009 -- Chicago, IL

It's probably gonna be a good, long while before I get everything sorted, because I want to do it justice rather than just dump trash here really fast. Here's a couple teasers.

Some guy was running around the city recreating Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Sears Tower, Cubs game, etc.) in real life, and there was another guy with him was documenting it for local media. He saw us and thought we were awesome. We thought he was pretty awesome too.

201ukg.jpg

If it matters any (probably not), here's New York Times Guy. He was the one acting kinda weird and running around getting really close-up, portrait-style photos of lots of different people and then babbling something about "You guys are gonna be in the New York Times." There was some speculation that maybe he was a Scientologist, but I doubt it. Anyway, it was kinda funny, and for what it's worth:

2wcen4p.jpg

...I lol'd.

Little-known fact: "Strong Strength" is actually a 3rdman sock. 2ymukab.gif
  8. esdsdie Member

was not a school day, so he can't have been recreating "ferris bueller's day off." he would have had to cut class for that.
  9. Re: Sept. 12th, 2009 -- Chicago, IL

:) Good Press for Anon OTW. Trust.
    Funding for Anon OTW..
  10. xerobebop Member

When I asked "Are you our handler" he just chuckled and went to take a closeup of Strong Strength. That's what made me think he was.
  11. Kevin Freeman Member

yeah, i want to get base's vid up on the youtubes and also i was looking to see if any news stations reported up about the teabag party, and see if anon was mentioned.

PS i dont see us in the NY times.
  12. Horatio Member

I promise the video will be up if not tomorrow then Tuesday.
  13. Re: Sept. 12th, 2009 -- Chicago, IL

OK, sorry for the long editing delay and the poor camera quality:

Unfortunately, I don't seem to have that footage on my camera. I couldn't be there, so I lent the camera to someone to record that part, and I don't think I explained how to use it well enough.

Maybe someone else got it?

But he PROMISED! :'(
  14. Kevin Freeman Member

yes, i believe Horatio has it.
  15. Belladonna Member

YouTube - Chicago Anonymous -- Monthly Protest, September 2009

That was a thing of beauty. I cannot stop laughing.
  16. metgyre Member

epic funs guys :) cant wait till next month
  17. metgyre Member

put a link of the new Ferris' blog for here to get that pic.
  18. esdsdie Member

lol @ conservatives telling xero to cut his hair.
  19. 3rdMan Member

KICK ASS VIDEO! MAKES ME WISH I WAS THERE.

Meatwad, you should have told me you had a kilt, i could have lent you a cheap Sporran.

Awesome political trolling those crazies, lol. Mega fucking win for Chicago.
  20. Re: Sept. 12th, 2009 -- Chicago, IL

For the people who weren't there: some of us were screwing around with the Free Hugs sign and generally failing to receive any, which was pretty hilarious. That's the origin of that joke reference you see in the video.

Although I did hear of someone else holding the sign for a bit and getting multiple hug offers within 5 minutes. Guess some people just "have it" and some don't. :'(

Does anyone have his blog URL? Can anyone post it here? I'd be interested in seeing it.
  21. Horatio Member

22. metgyre Member

23. 3rdMan Member

No Anon photos found on it. Maybe you'll be in the vid.
  24. PenneNoodles Member

I doubt that we'll make the cut. I think they filmed us for their own enjoyment but Anonymous wasn't around in Ferris Bueller's movie. So it wouldn't be a true reenactment if we were in there.

Also: awesome Saturday, guys!
  25. Re: Sept. 12th, 2009 -- Chicago, IL

Thanks for the Ferris Bueller links! That was cool.

Edit: Also, I hate to crosspost, but can you guys check out the Windy City Megathread and give your opinions on which site we should make our new home? The sooner we can figure that out as a group, the better. I'd like us to be comfortably settled into a new home soon; it will help us organize well for the fun stuff coming up in the not-too-distant future.
  26. Kevin Freeman Member

This.
  27. Horatio Member

I am so sorry that this video is late, my computer apparently was attempting to commit suicide this weekend. I would gladly help it if I could afford a new one.
  28. Relyt Member

Anyone troll the teabaggers?
  29. PenneNoodles Member

See the above videos. Trolling occured.
  30. Horatio Member

Epic Trolling, I might add.
  31. 3rdMan Member

Wow, Baas. You troll'd and brought fact at the same time! You earned over 9000 internets for that speech.
    so_much_win_graphic.png

I'm shedding tears I miss you fags so much now.

Fucking awesome vid Horatio. Fucking awesome Chifags!
  32. Relyt Member

Nice.
  33. Adanon Member

ZOMG I'm speechless.

Epic September raid was epic.
  34. Kevin Freeman Member

OH GOD NO HIS LIPS WE MUST NOT SEE HIS LIPS.
    PS his name was fake.
  35. Horatio Member

I thought so, but I wanted to be sure. Also the comments are gold, half hate us cause we make anonymous look like idiots, other half are conservatives who think it was disrespectful.
  36. Anonymous Member

basically, we won at trolling then.