Customize

[Sep 24, 2011] Anonymous vs Scientology Rally (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by Durham_Anon1, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Durham_Anon1 Member

Been talking to a lot more Toronto Anons on Chanology, so hoping to get a bigger turnout for this one. Sound off Anons!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. kittypark Member

I may not be in Ontario, but you can rely on my axe. how can I help?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. skidkiddie Member

ill be there :) along with a few of my friends :D
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Durham_Anon1 Member

Well seeing as it's a protest, their isn't much you can do. If you have some sign/flyer/pamphlet ideas, post away. Danke for the support!
  5. Durham_Anon1 Member

Btw Kitty, love the pic!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Durham_Anon1 Member

Awesome, can't wait to meet you all. We need to let the scilons know we haven't forgotten about them. Toronto needs to become more active again.
  7. kittypark Member

I am going to brainstorm some, hopefully something will give my mind a boner and an idea comes out. Got some tidbits but I need to develop them more
    • Like Like x 3
  8. kittypark Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. TorontosRoot Member

I will be ready for this :D
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Durham_Anon1 Member

I knew you would be. Was waiting for you to pop on.
  12. TorontosRoot Member

4-8 anons.. I'm hoping and vouching on this. Co$ needs a larger protest.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Durham_Anon1 Member

Damn right we do.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. kittypark Member

I got an idea for a poster but...need to find things to smash together for it
    • Like Like x 2
  15. DeathHamster Member

It looks like the org has fixed their problems with the sign and the lack of ads. They're now running a full rotation of real adverts on the sign. (I couldn't stick around long enough to see how often the Dianetics ad popped up.)

The curious thing is that they've added another security cam--pointed at the sign! Is this so CoS can see if the sign is still working and what ads are playing?

TorSign20010819001.jpg

TorSign20010819002.jpg

The funny colour is due to the angle of the shot.
  16. TorontosRoot Member

They cannot be that seriously concerned! Maybe it's because the company might remove their dianetic$ ad, so they're watching out to see if it remains. If it gets removed, then they'll be calling the AD company and begging them to put it back up! :D

Since I already enturb'd the ad sales address, I think we all need to. I forgot the e-mail address and phone number. Recon needed to obtain both.
  17. DeathHamster Member

They've also removed the Outdoor Broadcast Network trim that used to be on the sign. (That may have been done a while ago, and I never noticed it.)

LPIC0046.jpg
  18. TorontosRoot Member

It's likely a fact that the company didn't want to have anything to do with the cult, or the screws holding it on, rusted away and it fell off.
  19. DeathHamster Member

Since the ads have changed from bottom feeder junk to top-tier ads, I suspect somebody else is now running the sign. (They'll probably have their own ad in the rotation.)
    • Like Like x 1
  20. TorontosRoot Member

If I am down there by chance and have my camcorder or digital camera, I'll see if I can snap a picture. Or whoever that could take a few minutes to catch it while on their way to catch the train/bus/subway.
  21. HellRazor Member

Is the org open in the evenings?
  22. TorontosRoot Member

I'll have to check. They seem to close at 11pm on monday-friday and 6 or 7pm on weekends.
  23. DeathHamster Member

Last night it was open, lights on here and there except on the empty top three floors. (Oddly the air-conditioners are still in the windows on those floors.)
  24. TorontosRoot Member

I went by the sign and got the dox for us to 'poon if we wanna have some fun:
    EDIT: Last I called, a guy named Adam answered. I quickly hung up since it was a quick verification. Added fax.
    E-mail: sales@statementsmedia.com
    Phone: 1-800-986-0968
    Fax: (416) 850-8667
  25. DeathHamster Member

That's the same company as before. Either they suddenly got a lot more business, or they had some problem uploading new ads to the sign that's now been fixed.
    http://statementsmedia.com/
  26. TorontosRoot Member

27. ZwartMite Member

Me and my love will SO be there. The two of us have been Dying to do some protesting to them. He's even going as far as to start the party and put sticky notes allover the windows of the place.
    • Like Like x 2
  28. TorontosRoot Member

In that case, I might be able to arrive 10 minutes prior to film the lulziness that will be resulting from this! I predict panic at the org!
  29. DeathHamster Member

On the Org windows? That wouldn't be a good idea.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. TorontosRoot Member

Not that I'm encouraging it, but what about large blank sheets of paper? Wouldn't it cover the windows like they close the blinds to hide from us? I assume blank sticky notes are more of a mess to clean up than large paper. It would be lulzy, a favor we're doing besides them closing themselves in.
  31. DeathHamster Member

Ergh no!
    • Like Like x 1
  32. TorontosRoot Member

Edited, because it is never a good idea to do such a thing.
  33. anonym1ss Member

I'll be there, I'll try and find someone to come with, otherwise I'll be on my own~
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Durham_Anon1 Member

Looks like this will be a lulzy day.
  35. Durham_Anon1 Member

Traveliing alone a well, if you're coming by train we could meet at union?
  36. anonym1ss Member

I live in Toronto, I'll hopefully find a friend to come. I'll let you know. :]
  37. DeathHamster Member

Just no.
    • Like Like x 2
  38. dingodog Member

• Like Like x 1
  39. dingodog Member

Printing:
    Ryerson has a great printing shop, the site is:
    http://www.rsuonline.ca/index.php?section_id=51
    cheap and close to CoS (Yonge & Dundas) you can email your printing and pay when you pick up

(Death Hamster is the voice of reason, they will call the police, stay safe)
    • Like Like x 2