Customize

[Sep 17, 2011] Anonymous vs Scientology Rally (Washington D.C., DC)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by 3rdMan, Aug 15, 2011.

1. 3rdMan Member

Lets try this again, with less no shows and more raiding.

UPDATE WITH CORRECTION! SEVERAL ROADS ARE BLOCKED. ARLINGTON AND MARYLAND AREAS ARE HAVING PROBLEMS. I GOT NOTICE FROM TWO INTERESTED ANONS THEY WILL MISS THIS DUE TO POST-FLOODING ISSUES! MOVING TO 15TH IS CONFIRMED. WE CAN ALSO DOUBLE UP WITH TWO FLASHRAIDS INSTEAD OF ONE BIG ONE!
  2. 3rdMan Member

I recommend we not depend on Schumin for the permit considering I text'd him and he didn't get back to me. So we might need to elect another permit getter. Any volunteers willing to risk being namefagged?
  3. MrAnonization Member

If worst comes to worst i might be willing
  4. Weda Member

Sorry I can't come since I work that day.
    Weda
    I am a new person who wants to attend and to fit in.
  5. Anonymous Member

Sorry I can't come since I work that day.
    Weda
    I am a new person who wants to attend and to fit in.
  6. MaidOfWin Member

That's okay, come to the next one in October! :D
  7. 3rdMan Member

Okay I'm going to create some leaflets to inform about the October Raid. I'm also going to request an appointment with whoever runs the institute across the street. On that note, we need a permit by Monday before the raid.
  8. Maxxi Member

what can i do to help?
  9. 3rdMan Member

Yo. I think some help distributing leaflets to people around the neighborhood would be helpful. Any thoughts?
  10. Maxxi Member

on the date or prior to? DC is a drive for me...
  11. 3rdMan Member

The leaflets will be to give notice about our October Megaraid. So everyone in that neighborhood will know its gonna happen that evening.
  12. Anonymous Member

telephone poles and bulletin boards ftw imo

even if they only last a day, the sheer number of eyes you'll draw from those should dwarf whatever number of people you could talk to door-to-door in the same amount of time
  13. Maxxi Member

are we trying to do leaflets on the day of the raid or before?
  14. 3rdMan Member

On they day of the September Raid, we distribute leaflets, yes. On that note, it is not legal to leave leaflets in people's mailboxes, btw. So its knocking on doors or finding bulletin boards we can post them on. For restaurants and businesses, we might have to request to see the managers or owners so they get one too.
  15. Maxxi Member

sounds good...any word on DC mask laws?
  16. MrAnonization Member

You can wear them
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Maxxi Member

awesome...thanks for being so informative and patient...i really appriciate it
  18. MrAnonization Member

np
  19. 3rdMan Member

Good news. Radiopaul has expressed interest in getting us permits. Just gotta walk him through the process.
  20. MrAnonization Member

Cool! Make sure to get that done ASAP
  21. MaidOfWin Member

If you have contact with him then awesome, I have no idea how to reach him unless he shows up to raids or (rarely) in these threads

Since we bailed on the old DC-only board, maybe there should be a repost here for how to get a permit in DC?
  22. 3rdMan Member

Check ur youtube account, maid. Rp has been sending messages. Yeah I gotta find those instructions or make new ones for getting a permit.
  23. 3rdMan Member

Permits have been requested! Should be getting them this week. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  24. MrAnonization Member

WOOT
  25. 3rdMan Member

MAJOR UPDATE! DUE TO FLOOD CONDITIONS IN THE VIRGINIA/DC/MARYLAND AREA, I AM RECOMMENDING THAT WE POSTPONE THIS RAID UNTIL NEXT WEEKEND. WE ARE EXPECTING SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS AFTER THE CONTINUED RAIN AND FLOODING WE HAVE BEEN GETTING. PLEASE CHECK BACK HERE FOR UPDATES. UNTIL THEN I AM CHANGING THE RAID DAY.
  26. MrAnonization Member

Oh crap. I probably can't come now =/
  27. 3rdMan Member

UPDATE WITH CORRECTION! SEVERAL ROADS ARE BLOCKED. ARLINGTON AND MARYLAND AREAS ARE HAVING PROBLEMS. I GOT NOTICE FROM TWO INTERESTED ANONS THEY WILL MISS THIS DUE TO POST-FLOODING ISSUES! MOVING TO 15TH IS CONFIRMED. WE CAN ALSO DOUBLE UP WITH TWO FLASHRAIDS INSTEAD OF ONE BIG ONE!
  28. 3rdMan Member

Here are the leaflets. Cut into 3s and fold!
    NOTICE.jpg.gif
    • Like Like x 2
  29. 3rdMan Member

30. MaidOfWin Member

lol these leaflets are great

Do you mean the 17th? I don't know if I can make it, I've bailed on a recurring event twice in a row now because reasons and I'd really like to be at the next one. Is anyone down for a flashraid tomorrow?
  31. MaidOfWin Member

Shit, seriously? I never check that thing whoops
  32. 3rdMan Member

Yeah sorry. 17th is the new date. Flashraid if you can.
  33. anonsparrow Member

Flash flood raid if you can. Body thetans float.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. MaidOfWin Member

Flash flood raid, totally putting that on a sign

Well, if I don't hear from anyone by like 11 AM, I might just go down there myself for an hour or two and take enormous amounts of video to keep the scilons from jumping my ass

I miss me some raids after being on the other side of the planet last month ;_;
    • Like Like x 2
  35. MrAnonization Member

I was hoping for today even though there is storm :p
    Well i guess ill just be ULTRA prepped for Oct. 15. Also 3rdman can you add to the leaflet the name of the mega raid:
    Anon-Coming
    (Mach HomeComing Anon Style)
  36. MrAnonization Member

Also I'll check up on if i MIGHT be able to make the 17th.
  37. MaidOfWin Member

okay probably time to admit I have the failfluenza too hard to go anywhere today

I'll dance extra super hard at Anoncoming, I promise, sorry guys
  38. anonsparrow Member

Failfluenza?

I think you totally just made that up. :p

No matter. I was at the org. for about thirty minutes today and no one was there. And I mean no one.

Then I realized I was at the old org.

After that I went to the new org. and there was no one there either.

Twas a fine day indeed.
    • Like Like x 2
  39. MaidOfWin Member

lol
  40. 3rdMan Member

I am raiding on the 17th. Anyone who can join me, join me.