Customize

Senator Calls for Inquiry into CoS - Australia

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by nameless, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Re: Senator Calls for Inquiry into CoS - Australia

[IMG]
  2. Re: Senator Calls for Inquiry into CoS - Australia

Wow Wow Wow. This is big! Senator Xenu hit all the right objections to the Church of Scientology as envisioned by David Miscavige.

I must say that of all the charges the story of the little girls was kinda fail. On the older the parent left a potassium salt out in the home where the kid could eat it? Whose fault is that? Yes, the younger one was probably being "watched" by someone in the org while the parent(s) was on course or in session and a tragic accident occurred. And the Church kept it quiet. So what? If the girl was being watched by a sweet granny and wandered off and fell then no-one would likely be pointing fingers and the family would not throw granny under the bus, either. I don't think much when people pick out fairly pedestrian occurrances, no matter how tragic, to paint the Church as evil.
  3. JMBrandon Member

Re: Senator Calls for Inquiry into CoS - Australia

this is the shitstorm that has been brewing hitting the coast.
    Its coming, Scientology~
    You thought your facade would protect you forever...
  4. Re: Senator Calls for Inquiry into CoS - Australia

Senator Xenuphon !
  5. Re: Senator Calls for Inquiry into CoS - Australia

You are so far off it is unbelievable.
  6. xoixoi1 Member

As a Britfag, I just want to state the importance of this. The cult does not have tax exemption in Britain. However, they get around this by having the Britsh arm of scilontology registered in Oz. If the cult loses its tax exemption in Oz, it loses it in the UK.

Xenophon is a perfect name. Imagine the fun we can have hearing a scilon say it. snip & paste. Snip & paste.
  7. LRonAnon Member

Yup, a former colony pulls tax exemption and Britian cult has a problem.

Good Job Assie's who help put this togetherness.
  8. Re: Senator Calls for Inquiry into CoS - Australia

Cause you say so.
  9. TehHerro Member

fail, locus parenti is in effect bitches, that is why you have to sign waivers for schools and the like, because if you are in charge of watchign a kid, its your ass that gets burned when the kdi dies.
  10. Re: Senator Calls for Inquiry into CoS - Australia

Yes, but you don't burn the ass of your sweet granny and your don't burn the ass of your Church if you care about your Church. It was a tragic accident but it was not Lisa McPherson; the culpability of the Church has little to do with the nature of Scientology unless you know something specific to the contrary.
  11. Re: Senator Calls for Inquiry into CoS - Australia

LABOUR GIVES SCIENTOLOGISTS TAX BREAKS...

Daily Express
    Sunday November 8, 2009
    By Kirsty Buchanan

LABOUR is driving through laws that will give the Church of Scientology tax breaks on its British missions.

While thousands of businesses face higher tax bills from April and homeowners brace themselves for rises in council tax, the wealthy church will be exempt.

The change is being forced by a Bill from Equality Minister Harriet Harman, which, for the first time, puts Scientology on the same footing as the Church of England and Roman Catholicism.

Under British law, places of worship are exempt from business rates while homes of religious leaders receive council tax discounts. To qualify as a place of religious worship a building has to be used for worshipping a God or deity, not a philosophy.

But the small print of the Equality Bill calls on councils to protect “any religious or philosophical belief” from local revenue raising while a new “public-sector equality duty” not only bans all authorities from discriminating against any philosophical belief but forces them to “advance equality” of those who hold philosophical beliefs.

This means the Church of Scientology will qualify for total exemption from business rates on premises open to the public while residential accommodation used by Scientologist chaplains would receive council
    tax discounts.

Bob Neill, Shadow Minister for Local Government, said: “The public will be alarmed that Harriet Harman is planning to give local tax breaks to Scientologists. Struggling families and local firms will object to Scientology being able to avoid council tax and business rates, while their bills have gone through the roof.

“Tolerance and freedom of expression are important British values but this does not mean that the likes of Scientology deserve special tax treatment.

“Like Labour’s so-called Human Rights Act, Ms Harman’s new law threatens to have unintended and unpalatable consequences.”

The move will save the Church of Scientology tens of thousands of pounds in taxes from its bases and missions across the UK. As well as Saint Hill Manor in West Sussex, it has missions in Hove, Bournemouth, Tunbridge Wells, Eastbourne, York and Belfast.

A spokesman for the church said it would welcome “any legislation that upholds the rights of people of all religious faiths, beliefs, races and cultures to be treated with equality”.

The Church of Scientology, which has followers in Hollywood who include Tom Cruise and John Travolta, is based on the teachings of the science fiction writer, the late L Ron Hubbard. It claims to have eight million followers, with 7,900 churches, missions and groups in 164 countries.

In 1999, the Charity Commission ruled the church was not eligible for charitable status – and tax breaks on its buildings – because it did not provide a public benefit.

However, in 2000 the Inland Revenue ruled that the church was a not-for-profit organisation and as a result was declared exempt from paying VAT.

Daily Express | UK News :: Labour gives Scientologists tax breaks...
  12. stuwyatt Member

^^^^ THIS!
  13. Re: Senator Calls for Inquiry into CoS - Australia

The Church of Scientology Religious Education College Inc. is identified as a “non-profit association incorporated in South Australia”, which means that through a reciprocal tax agreement, it can operate that way in the UK. (The UK-based organization got turned down in 1999.)

This has apparently slipped through the legal cracks since the Australian tax people don't look at it because it isn't doing any business in Australia, and the UK tax people aren't going to dig too deep into an Australian company.

Both should start tugging on both ends of the rope to see where it goes. Losing the “non-profit” designation would hurt the cult a lot because then St Hill Manor's operations would suddenly become taxable.
  14. TehHerro Member

sorry, please try again. Child neglect, child endangerment, manslaughter, wrongful death lawsuits, etc. Grannies HAVE been arrested for shit like this.

1. atheistfag here
    2. Free zoner much?
  15. Re: Senator Calls for Inquiry into CoS - Australia

[IMG]
  16. BigBeard Member

He didn't say the Cof$ was culpable in the girls death, just in pressuring the parents to LIE to keep the Cof$ from having any bad PR. Which in my book is a hell of a reason to pressure someone to commit perjury.

BigBeard
  17. HellRazor Member

Senator's transcript:

I sure hope the CoS get's V&. Maybe even swatted?
  18. Re: Senator Calls for Inquiry into CoS - Australia

Yes, I am a Scientologist. So what?

The point is "stay on point".

Potassium chloride is a salt (sodium chloride) substitute and a electrolyte replacement. I am sure the parents had no idea when they left it accessible that a child could OD on it but you can't lay that at the bullet-ridden feet of Scientology.

And as far as the other, yes there are things the parents could have done to punish the Church but that is not going to bring their child back. Apparently the father is feeling regret now but for all we know he was a willing participant at the time. I am sure many more grannies are forgiven then are prosecuted. We have evidence that there was malice or even what degree of neglect was present in the death of the first child.

My point is pillory Scientology for sins related to Scientology, not every thing that happens in the vicinity of Scientology. Though I expect that request to fall on deaf ears as that is not how your treat a mortal enemy and certainly not how Moxon, et al, will treat anonymous.

So carry on :)

But at least know that some things you can attack Scientology on have little to do with Scientology, per se.
  19. Re: Senator Calls for Inquiry into CoS - Australia

Yes. But in the younger child he was pressured to not ask for an inquiry. Why would he ask for an inquiry if it was an accident and he was willing to forgive. It all has to do with forgiveness. You forgive those you love if they are repentant. I have no doubt the Church was repentant as in "We are really sorry". And a dedicated Scientologist would not want to harm his Church for no real reason. He is feeling regrets now but then??

On the older child, it looks like there was an inquiry and he "perjured himself". What could that possibly be? "Sir, and why did you have potassium chloride in your home?" Answer "I am trying to reduce my sodium intake" instead of "I am taking it as part of my Purif at the Church of Scientology." Wow. Real heavy stuff there.
  20. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Sent him the Ex-Scientologists speaking out list and also AnonymousTV's latest video about Tommy Davis.

Poon him with all you've got, RPF dox, Sea Org dox, Blackmail dox, etc!
  21. Re: Senator Calls for Inquiry into CoS - Australia

How could someone participate in something that you say didn't exist?

The cult seems to be more concerned with how it's viewed (lol Tom Cruise) than it is with its members' welfare. Scientology asking them to lie is akin to holding the proverbial "gun to their heads" while making the "request".
  22. Re: Senator Calls for Inquiry into CoS - Australia

Thanks. Will do!
  23. Re: Senator Calls for Inquiry into CoS - Australia

I never said that the Church did not want to avoid an inquest, I simply said "so what?" If a parishioner and the Church are in agreement that it was a terrible tragedy and should never have happened but it did then what is the point to THEM (not to a critic) of making a big deal of it?

Contrast this with the sexual abuse of tommygormantommygorman's wife. What was covered up there was not a simple accident but a criminal and a crime. I am totally against what happened there and consider that fair game.

This one I consider a bit off-target. That is all. But if you are firing on your sworn enemy then a "bit off-target" is more than close enough. Anonymous not being a laser-guided weapon.

The lazers of anonymous are charged but not guided especially precisely.
  24. Random guy Member

Have you ever tasted potassium salt, mate? It tastes a bit like regular table salt. You'd have to eat about a full table spoon of it - and then refrain from drinking water - in order to croak. Honestly, do you see any child doing that under normal circumstances? To die from salt poisoning is essentially to die from thirst, not bloody likely to happen with a tap around.
  25. Re: Senator Calls for Inquiry into CoS - Australia

They prolly had a bottle of KCl tablets. I have taken them myself. If the child ate the whole bottle? IDK, IANAD.
  26. Random guy Member

...and than sit idly and die from thirst?
  27. tazor Member

Why don't you go over to ESMB and read the whole fucking story? Then come back over here and talk some more shit.
  28. Re: Senator Calls for Inquiry into CoS - Australia

I know I know. It is just that sometimes I get like JEEZUSHCHRIST!

The Church of Scientology is a TERRIBLE CRIMINAL organization! A child fell down the stairs at one of their centres and another child died from ingesting something at the home of a Scientologist!

Jeezus H. Christ!
  29. Re: Senator Calls for Inquiry into CoS - Australia

Nah, I don't need any preconditions to talking shit.
  30. tazor Member

That's pretty obvious.
  31. Re: Senator Calls for Inquiry into CoS - Australia

:)

But I will. Though I take the testimony of "apostates" with a tablet of potassium chloride.

Can you please point me at the thread?
  32. TheProphet Member

I know, it's horrible. And then they tried to cover it up. Lets not forget that part.
  33. Re: Senator Calls for Inquiry into CoS - Australia

No, I see you are not a doctor either. How about cardiac arrest and rapid death. LD50 for a 15kg child = 37 grams, as bit more than one ounce. And that is LD50, some will die at a lower dose.

"Orally, KCl is toxic in excess; the LD50 is around 2500 mg/kg (meaning that a lethal dose for 50% of people weighing 75 kg (165 lb) is about 190 g (6.7 ounces), or about 38 teaspoons). Intravenously this is reduced to just over 100 mg/kg, but of more concern are its severe effects on the cardiac muscles; high doses can cause cardiac arrest and rapid death, ergo its aforementioned use as the third and final drug delivered in the lethal injection process."
  34. Mutante Member

Kangaroos don't fart methane.
  35. HellRazor Member

Thank you, Internet Doctor. Now, posting in Epic Thread.
  36. anon111265 Member

your sweet granny doesnt completely deny any responsibility, and then coerce you into lying to the authorities on her behalf.
  37. BigBeard Member

Just to make sure it got done, a "heads up" has been passed to Mr. Childs and Mr. Tobin at the SP Times regarding the mention of their series in this epic speech.

BigBeard
  38. YAHRLY Member

so?
    so
    this tells us you are a moron and liar and most likely a criminal
    and possibly a pedophile

just sayin'
  39. JMBrandon Member

I've got a feeling I know you from somewhere else~
    anyways~ what you so conveniently ignored, CoS tried to cover up the child's death.
    Why? Accidents happen and I'll be the first to tell you that.
    Why can't scientology grow a pair of balls or at least part of a spine and fess up when they wrong somebody?
    What's so fucking difficult about taking responsibility for your actions, especially if you hide behind the facade of religion?

Can't handle the 'bad PR' then you shouldn't accept people prone to injury or death (anyone) in order to remain the perfect image they wish the world to view them as.

The fact of the matter remains, if Scientology could take responsibility for who they have wronged, we probably wouldn't be here today.