Customize

SENATE SAYS YES TO XENOPHON INQUIRY

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by TinyDancer, May 12, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: SENATE SAYS YES TO XENOPHON INQUIRY

Trufax.

Hell, if they do this right, it's not just the EB, but whole swathes of the ultra-hard-line NeoPentecostal groups could be nailed to the wall. If that happened, I'd be truly ecstatic.
  2. exOT8Michael Member

I hope the dogs don't stop barking just because someone threw them a bone.

Great news indeed but needs staying on target too.
  3. Mitsu Too Member

Awwwwwwwwww the sweet smell of success! WTG Ozzies. U R doinrite!
    Now last time I posted here my 'puter crashed so y'all better not be givin me no cooties now here!
    >^..^<
  4. Anonymous Member

I thought nothing would ever come of this. Looks like I was wrong.
  5. Intelligence Member

Congradulations> BIG WIN.
  6. Intelligence Member

Dear Canadian Government

Please watch this carefully, because there should be one in Canada soon too, I hope.

David Love
  7. Anon123456 Member

8. Anonymous Member

As has already been pointed out, that article is not talking about the Senator's own bill which this thread is about. LURK THE FUCK MORE
  9. the_cloak Member

But, to play devils advocate, let's not start sucking each others dicks just yet. Even if the test gets created and passes, that doesn't mean that cult won't find some way to pass the test.

If they do fail it though, I'll happily do 2 dicks at a time.
  10. Anonymous Member

go back to the dome, herro
  11. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Bumping because I can
  12. theLastAnon Member

Thanks for posting that. From then to now, who could have imagined all that would take place? If you had told me on 1/15/08 that on 5/13/10....

You know what I mean.

So much win and lulz and srs bsnss in the last 2 years. It is the real deal now folks. This moment is the next new beginning. The game just changed. Again. This is the moment when our war became their war too, when what we have been saying, shouting, and pooning for 2 years went mainstream and legit.

So far, Australia. Who can say where this will lead us next? What we can say is the next domino has fallen.

Work remains to be done, yes. But don't listen to those people saying not to celebrate. This is a big win. Big. Win. Is. Big.

Enjoy it for a day or so; it's good for the soul to do that, if only to recharge the batteries for the next big push.

Then get your ass back to work. There's still a cult out there to crush.
  13. Intelligence Member

Tiny Dancer, what type of dox might be helpful to the Senator. There are some I can't release in Canada yet, but perhaps we can get around this somehow in Australia???

D.L.
  14. Anonymous Member

Given the nature of your situation in Canada, might I suggest that you send Tiny Dancer a private message and continue your discussion behind the scenes? The less the cult knows about what's coming at them, the better.

Thank you for what you're doing.
  15. eddieVroom Member

Who?...
  16. willhaven720 Member

Oh wow holy shit!

That's amazing.
  17. XenuEtrawl Member

Gotta post in this epic thread.

Huge kudos to the Aussies who've been working so hard on this. You know who you are.

If the rumors I've heard are true, that MR opposed the inquiry, an equally huge thetan wedgie to him from me. Also, noogies and a swirlie.*

*bogwashing, dunnyflushing
  18. Intelligence Member

You are welcome; and good point about messages to Tiny Dancer?
  19. Re: SENATE SAYS YES TO XENOPHON INQUIRY

We have always been effective doing things in the open.
  20. Keyumdi Member

good news indeed.
  21. Re: SENATE SAYS YES TO XENOPHON INQUIRY

5wf6nm.gif 5wf6nm.gif 5wf6nm.gif 5wf6nm.gif
  22. Anonymous Member

Narconon apparently funnels money to the Co$ by paying licensing fees for the LRH material that they use. 10 % of their income goes to ABLE and from there presumably to CoS.
    Scientology's secular fronts: Trademark/royalty/license fees
    Maybe something the UK fags could look into to get Narconon's charity status revoked?
  23. TinyDancer Member

Thanks. <3

Very true. But the mere airing of allegations against the CoS will achieve a great deal, as we know.
  24. DeathHamster Member

That's 10% of the gross income.[SIZE=&quot;1&quot;][ref][/SIZE] So that gets taken off before any bills are paid, salaries, etc. After that, much more is taken off for courses and materials like books. There's probably fiddles where one organization owns the building and the money is transferred as a &quot;rent&quot; or &quot;mortgage&quot;.
    ClevelandBawls.jpg
  25. Re: SENATE SAYS YES TO XENOPHON INQUIRY

Can someone explain to me why this newspaper article:
    THE AGE
    Says that he didn't get the enquiry???
  26. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

ist19171806mansmokingma.jpg

Me right now
  27. TinyDancer Member

Read the OP.
  28. Anonymous Member

Re: SENATE VOTES YES TO INQUIRY

Contrary to some other posts in this thread, I agree with this,
    The abuses committed by CoS are systemic, well documented, global in scale and have occurred for more than half a century.
    I believe that scientology policies are probably one of the best examples indicating a pressing need for this legislation both here and abroad.
    There is no legitimate argument that can be mounted against establishing such a test.
    Qualification testing should have been a matter of law prescribed prior to granting such a gigantic financial plum to begin with.
  29. Anonymous Member

That article is old news, referring to the previous day's no vote.
  30. Anonymous Member

Fucking amazing! Still we got a lot of work to do, but this takes us closer to final victory!
  31. Re: SENATE SAYS YES TO XENOPHON INQUIRY

[IMG]
  32. Anonymous Member

I'll TAKE it, but having David Miscavige's niece at a global-along with Kendra, Astra and CNN was rather epic as well.
  33. Gottabrain Member

You have misunderstandings. And also a defeatist attitude. This is EXACTLY what we have been wanting.

The C of S has NO contribution to Australian society to speak of. It is a bloodsucking maggot. VMs in the US don't count. Other tax free institutions provide meals for the homeless, housing for the homeless, various free services for depression, etc.

C of S? Helps itself and uses its tax-free status to save money to grow bigger, & send the funds overseas & out of the country.

Too late for it to suddenly become helpful. Its entire history here is a farce.

Audits of their income and expenses made public would be a real beauty and I hope to see it.

WHEN the C of S loses its "church" status here, the reciprocal system set up in the UK will require it lose its status there as well. Its status in the UK is only based on its status in Australia as part of the Commonwealth. The UK has not awarded that.
  34. One0fMany Member

I chalk this up to my innate distrust for politicians (whom I distrust almost as much as $cifags):

A couple of months ago, Xenophon had absolutely 0 support for this inquiry. But now all of a sudden it "oh sure, let's do this!" Why the about-face?

Now admittedly, I have no real idea how politics works down under...but what are the odds that this was done just to shut Xenophon up? What are the odds that this inquiry board will be stacked with $cifag sympathizers who intend to make it look like they're looking into it, but are operating with full intent to tank this? I could be 100% wrong (and I so hope I am), but I felt the need to toss that out there.

Sorry if looks like I'm trying to shit on someone's caek, but us Amerifags haven't been given a whole lot of reason to trust our politicians.
  35. Lorelei Member

One0fMany: In part, you can credit Xenophon's dogged persistence and moral outrage for this.
  36. BigBeard Member

It's very simple actually. Initially Sen. Xenophon was calling for an investigation of $cientology's tax exempt status. That's what got shot down, in part because of the focus on one particular "religion."

This new bill is religion neutral. Calling for a "public benefit/public harm" test of all charitable organizations, whether they are a religion or not. By essentially taking the religion specific issue off the table, it allowed a broader base of support to jump on it.

BigBeard
  37. Re: SENATE SAYS YES TO XENOPHON INQUIRY

Sorry...I gotta post this:

GasStationWin.jpg
  38. AnonKat Member

Buddhism is not a religion either technically, it has no deity. (Edit)

So in this case Christianity is the odd one out.
  39. Anonymous Member

ftfy
  40. Anonymous Member

Exactly, it's all how you frame the question. Calling for an inquiry on Scientology is potentially dangerous for a political career because its would be more than easy for an opponent to spin it as someone picking on the "poor, weak [STRIKE]cult, business, money scheme, mafia[/STRIKE] religion." No one's going to take that risk without good reason (ie. 100% sure that they will reap benefits, money, lots of votes).

But putting your name to a bill that asks to look for bad charities that take money from people for themselves when they say it is for others? Now that's political savvy. It's like saying, "I'm for education!" Who isn't for education? No one likes shoddy charities, the public will eat it up and politicians, as the champions of moral integrity, can sign their name to something that makes them look like they are in it for the public benefit.

I do wonder how this bill will be carried out though. I don't know how the Australian political arena is, but it could be more than easy to steer this in the wrong direction. Like, the bill doesn't give enough resource to those investigators, or doesn't give them enough power over institutions to look into private money flow. Or even it being so bogged down by other charities that it will take a long time to even consider looking into Scientology. It can easily get lost in the bureaucracy or lack of funding.

This is an awesome victory, but it's far from a complete one. AusAnons shouldn't be complacent and follow this development closely to make sure shit actually gets done.