Customize

Self Publish Your Scientology Experience For Free?

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by RightOn, Apr 6, 2013.

1. RightOn Member

Another idea today. (sorry)
    I am full of them today. Or full of it. rather.
    A friend of mine mentioned to me that someone can self publish a book or story on Amazon for free and a lightbulb went off in my head.

Wouldn't it be great if people sef published a book (doesn't have to be a book) a poem or what have you about their experience with the COS?
    Anyone that has been fair gamed, dead agented, ex members, gone to court, non members, family disconnection, lost a family member to COS and so on can tell their story. Also protest experiences.
    It would be simply deelish for there to be a whole bunch of stories hitting the internet.
    Here is the link with Amazon info:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/seller-account/mm-summary-page.html?topic=200260520

Don't know if this is a good idea or not.
    Write a poem, story, book = profit (profit by exposing COS that is, it doesn't have to be about the money)
    Can someone please cross post on ESMB too if yah think this is a good idea?
    • Like Like x 6
  2. RightOn Member

shamless bump
  3. WMAnon Member

I like this!
  4. RightOn Member

So many people have so many different stories to tell when it comes to this cult .
    Whether it be family disconnection, losing a family member, actually being "in", knowing a family member or relative whio is "in", protesting, how people actually got roped in through business ect....
    Frustration, sadness and dispair to get off their chests. And the general public should be able to read about it. It can be very rewarding to the writer as well as very damaging to the cult.
  5. Gottabrain Member

I likes it too. :) Thanks, Righton.
  6. TrevAnon Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

I can add a very useful tip to this idea, and one that I can say has been born out of experience.

A lot of ex-members, and I’m not just referring to ex-CoS, have a lot to say and they want to say it. In my experience most ex-members go through a period (often with a little twinge of anger) where they want to ‘do something’. The problem, plain and simple, is that writing ones experiences down or typing them up is difficult and draining – and the effort/focus required seems to get the better of many ex-members.

Can’t give specifics, but I have lost count of the number of ex-members (most of them from other cults) who promised to write up material or tell their testimony only for their motivation to wane. This can be very frustrating when a particular cultic environment is allowed to continue because the person hasn’t shared their testimony in a manner that can be publicised. In my case trying to avoid lolsuits is an issue, so having first-hand testimony that can be used as evidence is a needed insurance policy.

It comes down to making it as easy as possible for the ex-member in question to tell their story, and that will require anons to do quite a bit of heavy lifting. One effective method I have found is the Skype interview, and then transcribing out all the relevant information (which also allows identifying information to be removed). It’s a win-win. You have the ability to ask follow-up questions which can help flesh out important details, it doesn’t take a huge amount of effort on the part of the ex-member so it has a good chance of getting done, and, in my experience, most people tend to be better at telling their story verbally rather than writing.

While this software is intended for subtitling, I have found it pretty useful for doing raw transcripts too:
    http://www.aegisub.org/
    • Like Like x 2
  8. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. moarxenu Member

Perhaps the Big List Team can apply Anon Management Tech to this awesome project.
  10. RightOn Member

not my expertise. but perhpas the others can help