Customize

SECOND CHANCE HAS SKIPPED OUT!!!

Discussion in 'Media' started by tazor, Jan 24, 2009.

1. TheBitch Member

Re: SECOND CHANCE HAS SKIPPED OUT!!!

"Bad intentions?" Better in context. We "handled two" and two still have pretty solid BI's?
  2. Ann O'Nymous Member

Right. I am a little bit slow sometimes...
  3. TheBitch Member

If it is "bad intentions," it would be very interesting (if impossible) to discover who the two who weren't smokin the NarCONon crack pipe were and what clued them in when. Has anybody ever come across a complete list of those who were in attendance?
  4. DeathHamster Member

Briedbart Index? It's impossible to reform spammers.
  5. francie Member

BIs = Bad Indicators

6. francie Member

And another...
    • Like Like x 1
  7. tazor Member

In other words, they hated being there. Can't figure out why though...doesn't everyone like sitting in a sauna for 5 hours a day?
  8. Herro Member

Is there any independent evidence that Narconon actually helps people?
  9. TheBitch Member

Absolutely none. Somewhere around here (archives from Enturb) is an excellent statistical analysis by an Anon who went through the numbers on I think it was the NM study, checking all the data. Whatever study it was, I recall the conclusion distinctly, "NarCONon statistically will probably increase your smoking or make you start if you don't already, and at 2 years post treatment you're more likely to relapse with NarCONon than if you'd had no treatment at all.

This was a VERY long time ago when we thought we had a copy of the full NarCONon set bought and on its way off of Ebay, but so far as I know it never showed up and interest died when people simply kept referring to the Touretsky pages on NarCONon which are pretty darn thorough.

tl/dr - No extant evidence it works at all that hasn't come directly from a Co$ sponsored PR sauce / effort to rig the game.
  10. Herro Member

Yeah, that's pretty much what I assumed. That's the funny thing about the CoS, by claiming that their religion produces empirical, and measurable changes in individuals, they just make it that much easier to expose scientology for what it is.
  11. TheBitch Member

TBH after seeing the story about the NarCONon in [STRIKE]Denmark [/STRIKE] Spain and its specifically covering the intention of one of the poor clowns who sat at a wall repeating Alice in Wonderland endlessly to join the cult immediately after leaving NarCONon, I'm pretty sure that the ONLY way NarCONon actually "works" is if you go to the cult and continue to participate in auditing and the madness that goes with it.

Most programs, for example the Hazeldon Model of addiction treatment or the Duluth Model for batterer intervention (both Gold Standards according to DOJ and SAMHSA of USFedGov) show very little if any lasting behavioral changes at 2 years post-treatment. All that can really be said about them the last time I did a lit review on either, was that DURING TREATMENT people stopped ______'ing (insert destructive behavior). Post-treatment at two years out, as compared with other treatments or no treatment at all, neither one had much statistical difference.

ALL that being said, available data suggest doing nothing is better than doing NarCONon, and there is first hand and crystsal clear evidence that it's a direct recruiting vehicle for the cult. People who hit BOTTOM (anybody here who has woken up in a detox unit, an ER, or a jail cell not remembering how they got there) knows when they're FINALLY ready for change that if they don't they are going to die (more or less).

If you push they idea that the "tech" rather than the person's own strengths plus whatever skill you help them develop (but mostly THEM ALREADY CAPABLE OF DOING ANYTHING ON THEIR OWN except this one thing), as being "the thing that saved me" in a vulnerable mind, then "graduating" from a NarCONon program without a way to keep on with the "tech" must seem like a sure sentence to re-becoming an addict. BOOM - cultic recruitment vehicle second to none.

tl/dr - Co$ SOP = Fear.
  12. Ann O'Nymous Member

It was the French programme.
  13. TheBitch Member

You're right, thanks for the catch! I remembered subtitles :D

I seem to recall it was done in Spanish NarCONon but French television, is that right? Something like that.. so much data and so much of it in subtitles! Sometimes is hard to remember where it's all coming from the flow is so large and fast.
  14. Olrik Member

Yes Bitch, and there's more to come...
  15. LRonAnon Member

oops wrong thread.
  16. DeathHamster Member

Breaking news just in:
    http://www.riograndesun.com/articles/2012/03/01/news/doc4f4e5a207865f571332800.txt

Second Chance is still dead!
    Judge who sends people to unlicensed, unproven programs is picking up some heat.
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Random guy Member

Good, good, good!
  18. Anonymous Member

excellent news!