Customize

SECOND CHANCE HAS SKIPPED OUT!!!

Discussion in 'Media' started by tazor, Jan 24, 2009.

1. XenuLovesU Member

Re: SECOND CHANCE HAS SKIPPED OUT!!!

Honestly -- I don't think there is a story there. If these convicts just "disappeared"... given the coverage in the news that's already taken place -- it would already be a HUGE story. Every jurisdiction that sent a convict there would be going nuts trying to blame Second Chance if their prisoners had disappeared. Hasn't happened. If you were a judge that sent someone to Second Chance and couldn't account for them after they shut down... would you be silent, or screaming bloody murder about Second Chance's incompetence and demanding their return?

They've "disappeared" from public reporting. I'll wait until people who actually know about their disposition start covering their asses before I speculate further.
  2. tazor Member

No, they went back to their county jails.
  3. overlordFT Member

We don't even need to try anymore.

Co$ Just raped thier own Public relations.
  4. xenubarb Member

I have a couple of questions I'd like answered.

1. Rescue Mission located in a fenced facility housing criminals. T/F?

2. If true, what about that busload of rescue mission clients? Why were they being moved by Second Chance?

3. If false, WHO WERE THOSE 40 PEOPLE BEING BUSSED OUT? There was a report that Second Chance was housing 40 more people than their contract allowed. Were those the same 40 as the people on the bus?

4. Was the state paying for Second Chance's additional 40 people? Were they billed for those additional 40 people?

Uncomfortable questions for Jewelry Joy, I'm sure. Perhaps that's why she's been so hard to find lately...
  5. tazor Member

Typically around here rescue missions only house people overnight. They leave in the morning to go do their thing and then are bussed back to the shelter at night.

I am just guessing but I think they probably only used Second Chance to house their overload during the winter. The rest of the year here the weather is fairly mild and they don't use shelters that much. They probably bussed them back to town and just let them go about their business since Second Chance is out in the middle of nowhere.

I am just guessing again but I'll bet The Rescue Mission had to pay some sort of rent to Second Chance in order to house the homeless there. I could be wrong but it's scientology and they aren't into helping people in need unless there's something in it for them. The Rescue Mission operates off donations and I don't think they get any state funding. The city used to let them house the overflows at the state fair grounds for free. Guess they ended that.

So I believe the 40 were homeless and just got bussed back to town for the day.

I hope the whole story comes out soon.
  6. Whatwho Member

here's the vid that tazor was talking about...The bus speeding away....

Run scilons! Run! You can't hide forever! >=3
  7. Re: SECOND CHANCE HAS SKIPPED OUT!!!

I have Joy's DIRECT phone number and it appears she is in San Diego. Diegofags, your mission is to find Joy and harpoon your local politicians. Looks like she may set up shop out there. I'll pm number to those that request it after 6am tomorrow.
  8. LRonAnon Member

Is Joy near La Mesa or Lemon Grove by chance? Coleman College...the place is BIG. We spoke with some of the locals and they're unhappy about the cult being next door. Blocking old common trails in the back etc. Spooky security people that film children, usual scilon stuff.

(Yeah, been doing some recon at several locations in the state)
  9. Re: SECOND CHANCE HAS SKIPPED OUT!!!

All I know is it is a San Diego number: 619-571-**** if that helps narrowing it down.
  10. TypingChimp Member

I'm reminded of the South Park episode where Cartman can no longer laugh and no longer finds things funny, because he's seen it all. Kinda sad. Normally, I'd be laughing my ass off, but this latest mistake by the Co$ just fails too hard.
  11. tazor Member

Akuma,

I found out that Rick and Joy lived in San Diego before moving to Tampa so that's why her phone has a San Diego number. They also may have bought a house here "near the mountains." Not sure which mountains, my source didn't know. Probably The Sandias.

So she may be here. I also checked that address on San Mateo. It's a mail box drop so no luck there.
  12. tazor Member

This was posted in KRQE's comment section:

"Final Pay Check
    Albuquerque, NM

Now a former Second Chance Employee not only did management move without notifying a least a dozen employee but they also skipped out on paying us are finally three weeks pay and no one will return your calls if you contact them on there cell phones. Pay roll was due January 22nd 2009 but they advised a number of us we would get paid January 25th 2009 to provide them enough time to skip. Beware Albuquerque and the state of New Mexico. As of January 29th 2009 we still have not been paid."

I knew this would happen. Now they have another charge against them. PAY your former employees, Joy! Freakin least you can do, you scum.
  13. TheBitch Member

Hah! Good fucking luck. Ling or go back and post something to the effect that those folks need to IMMEDIATELY go to the state employment and labor department and to file ALL complaints they can think of, ESPECIALLY but not limited to any courses or materials they were required to read or participate in as a condition of continued employment.
  14. tazor Member

Done.
  15. tazor Member

A source I have says that Second Chance would have been under the same contract with CoS as NarCONon and Criminon. They also said that Pendary has a history of not paying the CoS and was investigated at one time for this. Not sure of the outcome of the investigation since my source left the cult before it was complete.

So with all the bad publicity and Second Chance not paying I wonder if they will still be considered in good standing with the CoS? If the cult isn't making any money off Second Chance why would they let them continue to use the copyrighted course materials?

I smell a comm ev coming for Joy and Rick.
  16. DeathHamster Member

If they really fucked-up, they'll be unpersoned like Reed Slatkin.

I wonder if they did the One Week Reverend course like Reed? That always sounds better when there's a conviction involved: Scientology Reverends Westrum and Pendry, behind bars.
  17. Ogsonofgroo Member

Ohhhhhh noooooooosssssss, cult not paying employees, ripping off customers/government, running away and hiding!!! Who'd of thunkit! I notice that 'Ripoffs.com' has some great testimonials from 'happy' shills regarding NarCONon, Crimanons big brother, but I don't see any state reps saying "The bastards burned us!" any time soon, too bad :( Think the 'employees' down there are going to see a paycheck soon? Be very surprised if so.
  18. tazor Member

I think they may have fucked up enough to get threatened with a declare. But the cult is so deperate for money they've got OSA calling up people who haven't been in an org for years trying to get them back.

So I doubt that Rick and Joy will get in too much trouble. All they'll have to do is donate some bucks to the Super Power bull shit and they are gold.
  19. mrfyde Member

This office will assist workers in the private sector in collecting their unpaid wages. It will investigate an employer's records to verify a Wage Claim and demand payment if wages are owed. Services are free.
    http://www.dws.state.nm.us/dws-wagecl.html

Q. How often must an employer pay?

A. An Employer must pay at least once every 16 days and within 10 days of the close of the pay period. Employers may pay professional, administrative, or executive employees or employees employed in the capacity of an outside salesman one time per month. Those employees whose salaries are subject to provisions of collective bargaining agreements are excluded from the above provisions.
    #

Q. What can I do to receive unpaid wages?

A. File a Wage Claim form with the Wage and Hour Bureau. (Link above)

Answers to these and more questions about filing a Wage Claim:

http://www.dws.state.nm.us/dws-qlid.html
  20. Re: SECOND CHANCE HAS SKIPPED OUT!!!

I have not followed this thread...my apologies! Please accept them, it would mean the world to me.

Is this now about workers rights? If so there are many state agencies that have a Million policies in place. My apologies again for being lazy (not really) but if this is now about workers rights this will take off
  21. mrfyde Member

Last I can tell as of the 29th they had not been paid from the 22nd.

If they have not been paid yet (or as of Feb 2) there is some trouble headed for Joy and company.
  22. Re: SECOND CHANCE HAS SKIPPED OUT!!!

Oh yes muy dear..and if the employees have not been paid it may mean that the employers....(941 return?) employee taxes may or not have been paid...who is in that state that can alert the Department of Labor & Industries also the (does that state pay income tax?)
  23. mrfyde Member

I think only TX and FL don't have state income tax (maybe AZ not sure)

But we are not sure they didn't meet the deadline yet. (as far as I know, but everything I know is posted already.)

---Edit so not to further derail this thread:
    PippiLongstocking below is correct 9 states w/no state income tax
    http://www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=130684,00.html
  24. Re: SECOND CHANCE HAS SKIPPED OUT!!!

NH and WA also do not have the state income tax and I m sure that there are several more. But We will be watching this... Kisses to you
  25. xenubarb Member

According to the news, two vehicles were caught leaving Second Chance in the middle of the night, including the bus loaded with 40 mystery riders. The cops got a tip. This was no ordinary bus ride taking the homeless downtown for the day.
  26. firebug Member

27. ZeLyt Member

Oh Lawd is that some tone scale at :56 and 1:36 in that vid? Nope, Second Chance has nothing to do with Scientology. facepalm.jpg.

Also, is their symbol thing(the steps leading to the door) some hubbtard imagery? I seem to remember seeing that somewhere else.
  28. ScudMuffin Member

Looks like way to happiness to me
  29. firebug Member

LOL drawfags

untitledbr4.jpg
    wolverinelbq1.jpg
  30. Obi-Wan-anon Member

We're not just dealing with state taxes, we're talking FEDERAL taxes, too.

Not just income tax, but social security, Medicare, etc...

Also, if they're late in paying any monies from LAST YEAR, that delays the employees tax returns (amounts on W2, etc).

Isn't there a law that the W2's must be in employee's hands by end of Jan?
  31. Re: SECOND CHANCE HAS SKIPPED OUT!!!

One of the inmates had a win that he was Wolverine in a past life. Too bad he can't tell anyone about it. lulz
  32. Re: SECOND CHANCE HAS SKIPPED OUT!!!

Can't wait till the news does a grand tour of Gold base. "And this room is what was known as SP Hall, any viewers with weak stomachs way want to turn away."
  33. tazor Member

It's already been established that the 40 people were homeless people.
    That's been reported.

The only mystery is who the eight people were in the second vehicle and where they went. That was never explained to the public. I am assuming it was prisoners being taken back to their home counties since there would have been a big stink about it if there were prisoners unaccounted for by now. Oh, and where did Joy go...that's the other mystery.
  34. tazor Member

Does Joy consider painting the tone scale up on the wall (wtf? It's usually just a poster.) an improvement??? Those stupid drawings with Wolverine, that was worth $17,000.00? I don't think so Joy.
  35. firebug Member

State Senator Jerry Ortiz y Pino is butthurt over something

http://www.alibi.com/index.php?story=26683&scn=news
  36. Mousey Member

37. TinyDancer Member

Harpooned

38. subgenius Member

sweet
  39. LRonAnon Member

;-))
  40. Ann O'Nymous Member

My guess is that the state senator was misleaded as he seems to have been slightly involved with the other second chance (Second Chance, not scientology related).

Could be good to clarify this point.