Customize

Scn's latest Sea Arrhg Ad May 08

Discussion in 'Media' started by pooks, May 15, 2008.

1. romanonandon Member

Re: Scn's latest Sea Arrhg Ad May 08

gay david in military suit is gay. OSA please pass that on.
  2. Captain-chan Member

My uncle is in the army, and received a similar sword when he became a captain (I THINK captain...I know we went to a ceremony for it but I'm not all up on army ranks). But I've seen a sword like this hanging in his den...it's all silver and has fancy filigree along the hilt and at the base of the blade. its just for show though. Maybe that's what they're copying.

My dad's a naval officer and OH MY GOD does he hate the picture of Davey in his fake little uniform. Holy hell, does he hate it.
  3. thedoctor Member

Quick! Call Mark Bunker!
  4. AnyActionHero Member

Hey Kids, long time lurker, first time poster.

He's my entry

Scilons.jpg?t=1210979744.jpg

I'm still debating what the caption should be.

Maybe

We Come Back
    Expect us

or

Lulz, Sea Arrrg

or

See?
    We can play Navy too!

Any Ideas? Shoop it in if you want it.
  5. Re: Scn's latest Sea Arrhg Ad May 08

^Very good!

I still think the best slogan for the Sea Org would be "We'd Come Back If You'd STOP FUCKING ABORTING US!"
  6. eksef Member

Ok I've been an asshole, to be fair to the scientologists, here is the ORIGINAL UNEDITED PICTURE:

realitynb5.png
  7. Re: Scn's latest Sea Arrhg Ad May 08

^ I lol'd.
  8. D... Member

If I ever forgot why I enjoy this site, I will go back to this thread.
  9. thedoctor Member

Follow, follow, follow, follow, follow the yellow brick road!

("no, davey, it's not made of gold. it's just yellow brick. get that out of your mouth."
    tc: "sorry")
  10. unidentified Member

Doesn't seem to be any black people in ACTUAL photos of the Sea Org. Heck I can only see one minority person at all - unless you include dwarfs as a minority.
  11. Happy Cat Member

unidentified
    Well, their ancestors are after all very hard to train, aren't they?

What a dude, that Hubbard.
  12. OpThetXVI Member

Exactly what I thought!

FewGoodSeaOrg.jpg

Truth? You can't handle the truth!
  13. the anti Member

you know i have to say this be the shot looks awful, i don't know if its because its an old photo that was scanned or they used a crappy camera.

also the angle doesn't help him at all, set the camera lower and aim up to make him look taller
  14. JaneDoe Member

So I was looking USA Military Medals, Army Medals, Navy Medals, Air Force Medals, Marine Corps Medals, Coast Guard Medals, Civilian Military Medals, Rack Builder, Ribbons where theres a list of various ribbons a person can get while in any branch of service.

Still looking through it but it seems the last one on the guy in white looks to be a lot like a National Guard ribbon for Alaska or Virginia. A couple others are similar but they're not all quite the same as what he's wearing.

Edit: Best I can figure it so far, they're purposefully imitating real ribbons very closely.. like the first one on the second row of the guy in white. It looks A LOT like a combat action ribbon.. but it isn't.
  15. DarthAnon Member

Its a crime to wear decorations you haven't earned. We REALLY need to report this.
  16. Daywatch Member

I believe its a crime to CLAIM you earned awards simply wearing them isn't a crime
    makes you a total DICK though
  17. thedoctor Member

Parade anyone? Sea Org on the left, Vietnam Vets on the right?

amidoinitright?
  18. JMac85 Member

It depends. Can any militaryfags confirm what, if anything, those decors mean? For all we know, they could have made up their own bullshit honors. I'm trying to match up anything from that pic to this, but it's fucking hard, because I can't tell where one ribbon ends and another begins.
  19. Daywatch Member

Stolen Valor Act of 2005 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  20. usmcwog2 Member

As a former Marine this doesn't bother me as much as the other shit they do...if they want to play fake Navy and walk around in fake uniforms fine with me, as long as they don't try to get onto any military installations or get free medical care.

My ex husband is also a former Marine and he's coming into town this week, he wants to see the Sea Org in all their glory....for shits and giggles...
  21. JMac85 Member

Again though, I don't think it's illegal to make up your own look-a-likes that mean something else. Yes, they're being douchebags for pretending like they've done shit, but it's like walking around with a plastic police badge on. That in of itself isn't a crime, but it is if you try to impersonate a law enforcement agent.
  22. Old_Man Member

clear1.jpg?t=1210994582.jpg

for the foreseen Operation Clear. LOL
  23. JaneDoe Member

This is what I've found to be true so far.

I couldn't find a single ribbon that matched exactly. It's not illegal to do that, but it certainly might get them attention they absolutely do not deserve. All the unknowing public sees is a guy in uniform with some pretty impressive decorations. Even my boyfriend (Retired Sgt. USMC) looked at one aid said "that looks like a combat action ribbon..". So I looked it up and found it was slightly different but not so different that a person might think they've actually been in combat.

So I said "So as a former marine, you might have had a professional respect for a person you see a shit ton of ribbons on, right?" and he said "Yeah, and fuck the sea org for that".

According to him, one MIGHT be able to ruffle some feathers if they attempt to impersonate a REALLY REALLY highly thought of and important medal and ribbon.. like a purple heart or medal of honor.
  24. usmcwog2 Member

Yeah I don't think they are trying to pass as the real military....

how is your bf retired and only a Sgt? Did he get hurt?
  25. JaneDoe Member

Yes.. Purple heart and all.
  26. usmcwog2 Member

Sorry about that...... my ex isn't thrilled either he's a Gulf War Vet, the first one...

I wonder if they actually award those ribbons or if they just stick them on? Any OG know?
  27. OpThetXVI Member

I doubt they get a Purple Heart equivalent if they shoot themselves in the foot.
  28. Old_Man Member

you can buy all the ribbons and medals online and it's not a crime unless you are saying that you got them will in "Name your War, Battle, Here" and you are in said Military service, "USMC, AF, Army, Navy, ANG, CG." We need another line of defense, and you only really see this crap in Florida, so, I would suggest Floridians invite the local Patrioit Gard in Florida to show up at the next event...
  29. JaneDoe Member

Back on topic, I seriously LOL'd at all the jabs at DM's height. I'd love to see more.
  30. admiral_caek Member

i'd hit it.
  31. admiral_caek Member

actually... walking around with a plastic police badge on is a crime in many areas (de facto impersonation of law enforcement). Same reason you can't have blue or red lights on your car in America.

[but not if it's like a kid or something dumb like that].
  32. anon4eva Member

OMG LOL!
    I think I squirted in me pants:deal:
  33. tamphex Member

Hahahha you bunch of beautiful bastards :selleck:
  34. lol9000 Member

I can't believe no-one has done this yet...Subtle, but effective.
  35. Obi-Wan-anon Member

This is why we need a good, clear, picture of DM in uniform.

We also need to get a copy of the FO that discusses their decorations, and maybe find out who makes and sells these things to the Co$.
  36. pooks Member

Still looking for higher res pix. This is from 1995 Highwinds Mag Issue 18

2499080676_dae536c0ec_o.jpg
  37. Helios. Member

38. musketeerwang Member

The Sea Org sword is somewhat similar to the old US M1860 cavalry sword, but that hasn't been issued for ages. Also, it has a three-bar hilt - this is four. The hilt is also brass, not silver or steel. Your dad's will probably be on this page somewhere -

WKC Solingen military swords, ceremonial dress swords and uniform accessories – online shop sales of made in Germany swords and sabers.

I can well understand it. It pisses me the hell off, and I'm a civvie.
  39. Obi-Wan-anon Member

I wonder what these people would think about this whole "Sea Org medal" affair?

ORDERS AND MEDALS SOCIETY OF AMERICA
    Dean S. Veremakis, President
    P. O. Box 1118
    Altoona, Florida 32702

And maybe letters to congressmen/senators about apparent violation of:

4 U.S. Code, Title 18, Section 704: Illegal to wear, manufacture, or sell any decoration or medal authorized by Congress for the armed forces of the United States … except when authorized under regulations made pursuant to law.

If ANY of those medals on that uniform are current or past design, they're in violation...
  40. exOT8Michael Member

Swords vs trained videogame weapon users? Game over S.O.
    :wink: