Customize

Scn Business rates relief UK

Discussion in 'Scientology Property Tax' started by RolandRB, Jul 5, 2010.

1. AnotherSock Member

Re: Scn Business rates relief UK

I get the feeling that John Sweeney and Panorama aren't finished with Scientology just yet. There are certain issues that we might complain weren't mentioned in the documentary... or we might assume that there's another programme still being prepared. BBC Panorama's 'news' item about cult rates dodging was atypical... they don't normally write about things that didn't appear in a broadcast, do they? I think Scientology is still the BBC's chew toy.

FOI request to see the dialogue between Carter Ruck and the BBC will be interesting...
  2. BigBeard Member

This reminds me of using wedges to split a tree into rails. At first it seems like nothing's happening as the wedges get hammered with a maul. Then after a while a split appears. After a bit more the split widens, but you're still thinking it's going to take forever to get the thing apart. Then all of a sudden there's a cracking and tearing sound, and the logs laying there split wide open.

I do believe the wedges that are slowly splitting $stupidology open just received another blow.

BigBeard
  3. Sponge Member

Roland, I think it's high time you changed you avatar to something a little more....respectable? Especially if any authorities or press see this forum thread looking for the posts of this RolandRB person.

I dunno, I was thinking of something typically British, celebrating our diligent and competent tax inspectors...
    dodd415588t.jpg
  4. Anonymous Member

I think the Bulldog would be more fitting, and not the scruffy looking Ken Dod.

britishbulldog.jpg

img310392144657std.jpg
  5. RolandRB Member

Point taken by Sponge and Anon, so "yes" I think I need a new avatar. My father named me after the nephew of Charles le Magne and my French aunt said my name as "Roland de Roncevaux" when I was a tiny tot so maybe that was my destiny and should be my avatar now. Does anybody have a suitable avatar for me for that?
  6. Anonymous Member

^^^ Awwww! So cute! I've an uncontrollable urge to squeeze his chops!
  7. Bluebell Member

Who? the dog/s or Roland? ............... LULZ
  8. Bluebell Member

this any good?

statueriga.jpg
  9. Bluebell Member

Thought it was about damn time I had an avatar.

So Bluebell by (WWP) name, Bluebell by avatar ...... lol
  10. Anonymous Member

a bit obvious, but....
    [IMG]

Now back to the target.
  11. Anonymous Member

YES that would be perfect.
  12. Anonymous Member

Roland, I love you and WT in an appreciative way, and indeed, I even have affection for your colon as a part of you that clearly needs some TLC at this juncture - but, (note, I didn't say butt) speculation.. speculation.. speculation.. etc (ie: not helpful)

For all we know, some lowly Camden civil servant is being investigated for fraud against the business rates account, and until it's resolved, no business rating info is being given out. Time will tell - if you recall I still have all of November for my sweepstake entry for the raid, and I'm not expecting to win.
  13. Anonymous Member

I approve! Adds a much needed fragrant/feminine touch to WWP.
  14. RolandRB Member

Thanks, that'll do.
  15. Anonymous Member

I agree. Much better than the photo of Tiny Fists doing what he does best.
  16. Anonymous Member

^ Thank you.

The really interesting thing could be if the Carter-Ruck materials make any reference to information which they consider libellous.

E.g. if one of the letters says "don't broadcast the allegation that (such-and-such dodgy thing) because we'll sue you if you do".

So if we could get a letter like that released then the allegation itself would have been put in the public domain by Carter-Ruck, which I think many people would find very very funny.

Me too. Don't forget they need to fill the space made by the withdrawall of the Lord Ashcroft episode.

^ what he, she or it said.

Does.

- WT.
  17. Sponge Member

18. Anonymous Member

19. Anonymous Member

Ok guys, lets stay on target hey?, target being Sci rates relief.
  20. Anonymous Member

Was quite enjoying the mutual appreciation society.
  21. Anonymous Member

22. Bluebell Member

23. Sponge Member

Remind me, what was the reason as to why we weren't given a situation room for all these threads on UK business rates relief? It'd be a lot easier to keep track of updates.
  24. Bluebell Member

Basicaly is only the admins the can make new boards, but the admins can't be arsed to make one.

Reply from one of my rates relief report requests

I've requested a rates relief room numerous times now and the admins still REFUSE.
  25. Anonymous Member

we have a charming wiki. I don't see the need.
  26. Bluebell Member

Was having a look on the WhatDoTheyKnow blog

@whatdotheyknow on 1 October 2010

ICO release list of 33 authorities they're keeping an eye on for late replies to FOI requests http://bit.ly/azydN0

=============

ICO statement monitored authorities

Freedom of Information Act – ICO enforcement action
    The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has today published a list of organisations that are being monitored because it appears they are not meeting the requirement to respond to freedom of information requests on time.

In putting the list together the ICO looked at the number of complaints it had received, published data showing where less than 85% of requests had received a response within appropriate timescales and also occasions where authorities had exceeded time limits by a significant margin.

The ICO’s Deputy Commissioner, Graham Smith said,
    ‘In the five years since the Freedom of Information Act was brought into force, a significant number of the complaints we receive are about organisations that take too long to respond to information requests.

‘We will monitor the authorities named today for three months, but may take action during this timeframe if an authority’s standard of compliance is revealed to be particularly poor, or if it is unwilling to make the improvements necessary.
    ‘This is a perfect opportunity for the authorities named to get their houses in order and demonstrate that they take freedom of information requests seriously.’

The ICO will publish a quarterly list of the public authorities it is monitoring. For the latest updates, go to our Monitoring compliance page.

Links to further information:
    How we select authorities for assessment
    Freedom of Information Regulatory Action Policy
    For more information please contact the ICO press office on 0303 1239070 or email: pressoffice@ico.gsi.gov.uk.

=============

List of monitored authorities

The Information Commissioner’s Office is currently monitoring the following authorities’ timeliness in responding to requests for information.

Birmingham City Council
    Cabinet Office
    Government Equalities Office
    Home Office

Legal Services Commission
    London Borough of Barnet (Council)
    London Borough of Croydon (Council)
    London Borough of Ealing (Council)
    London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham (Council)
    London Borough of Islington (Council)
    London Borough of Newham (Council)

Metropolitan Police Service
    Westminster City Council

(just a selected few)
  27. Bluebell Member

28. Bluebell Member

Admins still refusing to budge on making a Rates relief room, when there's now 15 or so related threads.
  29. AnonLover Member

aye - i too /r/ situation one room please... there's progress afoot and shitton of work done to get this far.
  30. sue Administrator

It takes about 5 minutes to make a new forum, it however takes about 30 minutes to wade through bluebells daily angry and demanding reports. She never explained why there is a need for a situation room instead of using the wiki and continues to spam reports.

So please, can someone calmly tell me why the 6 or 7 (duplicate) threads regarding rate relief need a situation room?

Thank you.
  31. Random guy Member

Dear Sue!

A situation room for the various UK based rate relief threads would be advantageous for several reasons:

• The fight for revocation of the cults business rates has been split onto several threads in order to keep information relatively accessible. Keeping them all in one room would help unnecessary doubling of information.
    • Loose threads have a tendency to slip off the page in the "On-line activism" forum. The various places have a bearing on each other, and being able to have all the relevant threads in one easily accessible room would be advantageous.
    • These threads cycle between long periods of little activity to feverish action when relevant news come in. Having other (sometimes long inactive) threads at hand would a great help.
    • The wiki, nice as it is, is a bit cumbersome to edit for many, and a wiki is by it's nature not well suited for rapid hive-mind activity. Again, easy access to the relevant threads would be helpful.

It is quite true that these things could be solved by using a single, very long thread (like the Camelot thread), or by the wiki, but it would be much less effective.

Please consider Bluebell's and others wish for a situation room for these threads.

Yours,
    Random guy.
  32. sue Administrator

That makes so much more sense, Thank you.
    Made the forum, enabled anon posting and added the relevant threads i could find.
  33. Anonymoosh Member

thankyou Sue
  34. Bluebell Member

I was NOT requesting daily, yes I was getting frustrated and grumpy at the continued ignoring of my requests for a rates relief room, thus my continued report requesting. .

1st and 2nd time of requesting I did say - "Could I ask if we could get a 'UK Rates Relief Project' room plz? (for the number of [STRIKE]RolandRB[/STRIKE] threads about it.)"

4th time of requesting I said - "I will keep reporting this. This NEEDS a Situation Room, are so MANY things going on ITT its hard to follow. Then things can have their own thread, and is easier to follow." (re 'Scn Business rates relief UK' thread

and also there is this - "Ok this is now getting out of hand there's 15+ threads related to rates relief. Yet the Mods/Admins are still refusing to make a rates relief room."

So really this all this requesting for a rates relief room got totally hand, and people got pissed off. Mods/Admins should have asked me why I kept requesting a rates relief room etc.
  35. Anonymous Member

My favorite part of the whole "Anonymous" thing is that, if done right, you are in no way tied to your online name. This means no ego. If someone says something mean about you it's pretty easy to avoid the butthurt. You can choose to learn from it or not, but there's seldom a use in defending yourself once it's all over with. Because, again, no one knows who the fuck you are. Worst case scenario you start posting anonymously or make a new name.

What I'm trying to get at is: The situation room has been made and drama is unnecessary, IMO. Don't take it personally.
  36. Anonymous Member

Just a thought - Given that there is also an initiative to get something similar underway for the US by RightON, might it make sense to call it the "Scientology Property Tax" sit room (rather than UK) and move that/those threads in as well? No biggie.
  37. Anonymous Member

WT - there's obviously an interesting story around Dr A and Mr B and the GMC swimming around your earlier FOI reqs, some of which have landed on the rates page. Would it make sense to set up a Wiki page for that with all the relevant FOI's and background info linked there?