Customize

Scn Business rates relief UK

Discussion in 'Scientology Property Tax' started by RolandRB, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Scn Business rates relief UK

So, how do we make sure this story get a bit of leg?
  2. Re: Scn Business rates relief UK

My pleasure, BB! Or how about a

3. AnotherSock Member

Nope. Just pointing out that QVS alone is £270k per year (figure on our wiki, based on FOI?) so why talk about £165k over ten years?

This story is bigger than they think. Or?
  4. Anonymous Member

yeah - bit of an editing slip maybe? - maybe they feel the 'Celebrity Centre' is more obviously-non-charitable.
  5. Bluebell Member

On that figure, where did it come from, there a source?
  6. Anonymous Member

How about Anon demos outside local council meetings for CoL, Sunderland, Westminster, Birmingham & Camden?
  7. AnotherSock Member

It's a defined percentage of the rateable value of the building, as determined by the agency that City of London have engaged for the purpose.

It's all in the thread... long way back now. But basically, the rateable value for the building in its current configuration is £700k+, and the rates to be paid are forty-something percent of that, per annum. Then take of 80% mandatory relief if you recognise the building as being wholly or mostly for public benefit (LOL), and maybe the other 20% anyway (Sunderland cult building got the full whack).
  8. Anonymous Member

I'd like to hear a good public speaker call up a radio station and talk about the rates situation with the 'Church'. Now's the time to do it - public interest and all that.
  9. Anonymous Member

How about we prepare a rapid-response video for 'Points of View'?

BBC - Points of View - Air Your Views
  10. AnotherSock Member

Good plan. 30 second slot is all they want, though. Think carefully.
  11. Anonymous Member

Do we have any video that's already been made which would be suitable?
  12. Bluebell Member

Quoted post from 07-20-2010

Roland where is it you got this figure from? is there a source for it?
  13. RolandRB Member

At long last, yes! Have got a G+T in hand. :eek:)
  14. RolandRB Member

It's all in the doc in my fake sig.
    -------------------
    Scientology business rates relief in the UK -- 19SEP2010 -- (PDF version)
  15. Anonymous Member

Also, how do they know that when Camden has refused to release it under FOIA?

Maybe Camden has only just recently started to refuse to release it - which would indicate an investigation has begun.
  16. Anonymous Member

oh no bollocks sorry - the celebrity centre is Westminster not Camden. ignore me.
  17. Bluebell Member

That was back in 2006

Scientologists get £270,000 subsidy - Telegraph and Why did top policeman agree to appear in a film for the Scientologists? | Mail Online

How do we know they still get that amount of relief, is 4 years ago now?

====================================

Scientologists get £270,000 subsidy - Telegraph

Why did top policeman agree to appear in a film for the Scientologists? | Mail Online

18. Bluebell Member

Figures are for QVS

Dec 2006 - £274,436 / (£343,045 - full amount)
    May 2007 - £281,34 / (£351,680 - full amount) == ONLY PAY £70,336

[ £281,34 - £274,436 = 6.904 // £351,680 - £343,045 = 8.635 ]

Just GUESSING here

2008 £288.244 / (£351,680 - full amount)
    2009 £295.148 / (£360.315 - full amount)
    2010 £302.052 / (£368.95 - full amount)
  19. AnonyMary Member

To you, Bluebell et al...

Autumn%20Leaves%20Stamps%20-%20Good%20Job.jpg
  20. OTBT Member

Google News lists this as satire, but I'm not so sure. The whole article is scathing against the cult, includes the "You suck cock on Hollywood Boulevard" quote from Miscavige.

Private Eye | Official Site

21. Anonymous Member

What would be interesting is to see all these letters

22. Anonymous Member

Carter-Ruck: Scientology - WhatDoTheyKnow

23. Bluebell Member

24. Random guy Member

Well, well, well, within 20 working days at the latest. I wonder if BBC is happy to get a chance to air this a bit.

Oh, and you guys are heroes!
  25. Anonymous Member

"at cause"?
  26. DeathHamster Member

Scilon moonspeak for "making shit happen".
  27. Bluebell Member

I quickly add, other Anons also use the term.
  28. Anonymous Member

Perhaps the Scientologists inside QVS now refer to themselves as Scilons and spend their time making references to the extreme length of longcat.
  29. RolandRB Member

30. AnotherSock Member

Giving preliminary notice...

Anonymous MegaParty at Saint Hill on the day of the auction.
  31. RolandRB Member

We don't know the details. It could be that in Camden they already get 80% mandatory rates relief and are refusing to pay the rest claiming they are entitled to top-up relief.
  32. charlie Member

33. AnotherSock Member

Yes, I appreciate that there will be a good deal of wriggling yet, but now that the COSRECI scam is well understood, and likely to be shut down at the Australian end even if the UK politicians can't get their act together... I think we'll see the end of unaudited accounts.

Statute of limitations on unpaid debts in the UK is seven years... seven years of non-payment on an annual income of £14-17m amounts to an awful lot of cash - especially for an organisation that's so very, very cash-positive like Scientology. (Cash positive: because they don't have much expenditure to write off against their obscene profits, it's virtually all taxable.) Bearing in mind that the aforementioned crime syndicate always sends 90% of its income 'uplines' and has a policy that money must never be allowed to flow back downwards (debts must be paid by additional, local fundraising instead)... the net effect is that we're looking at a cult that has (in the UK) many millions of pounds of liability, and no cash to pay the back taxes.

HMRC will barge in, seize everything, sell it at auction, take all the unpaid taxes and let the clams keep any money that's left over. That's how they work. Stain Hill will fall. It might take a few years, but Ron's home will be in the hands of a property developer soon enough. I'm sure of it.

Anger Xenu if you must, but never, never get on the wrong side of Customs. Scary people, who are actually less constrained in law than the police.

[popcorn.jpg]
  34. RolandRB Member

It has FINALLY, in the UK, got the exposure that is needed. For me, that was a frustrating wait. There is a real chance now that something will be done against them in the UK. I wrote the document that exposed their missing $87,160,000 more than ten years ago and nothing was done about it although I reported it to the police and the then Inland Revenue. So it has taken me more than ten years to see any sort of result from a total of 300 hours of work (100 hours to untangle the missing $87,160,000 and 200 hours to research and write the business rates document). At long last it looks as though something might happen.
    --------------
    Scientology business rates relief in the UK -- 02OCT2010 -- (PDF version)
  35. Anonymous Member

And it's appreciated more than you can ever know Roland. Can I give you virtual hugs and a big smacker on the lips? :)
  36. Sponge Member

With Private Eye, some of it is satire but some of it isn't. They mix it, sometimes in the same article. It's how they've had to get round the crippling litigation that they regularly used to suffer with.

Private Eye - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

37. RolandRB Member

You can and I care less if you are a bloke.

I likened this to trying to fire an arrow through a forest to hit the bullseye. I reckoned there was at best only a 1 in 100 chance but hit the bullseye it did. Now we have to play a waiting game but I am going to relax and just wait to see what happens. For me, job done.
  38. Bluebell Member

Yea, but I bet you b4 that ever happens Sci in UK would send all their 'assets' (books, files dox etc) to the US. So there would really be anything left for HMRC to seize.
  39. RolandRB Member

All their assets in the UK are covered by liens in favour of offshore trusts. They only ever released these when they were about to transfer all property over to the Church of Scientology (England and Wales) in 1996 on the assumption that they were soon to receive a charitable registration with the Charity Commission. This did not happen so you can be sure all their assets are covered by liens at the moment. HMR&C will get nothing unless they can unravel their entire corporate structure comnposed of their many shell corporations and work in conjunction with the US to lift their corporate veil.

I explained it a bit in my old document on the missing $87,160,000.
    http://www.xenu-directory.net/opinions/rashleighberry19971213.html
  40. RolandRB Member

I just sent this to Private Eye
    -----------------------------
    Dear Sirs,

I was pleased to see the "cult corner" article in your publication of 01OCT2010 that described the business rates relief extended to the cult of Scientology in the UK. For your further edification then I have this old document I wrote still online.

Roland Rashleigh-Berry: "Massive Corporate Fraud by the Church of Scientology in the UK"

You will see the magic trick of how the cult made $87,160,000 disappear into thin air.

Roland Rashleigh-Berry
    -------------------------------

Information also sent to John Sweeney. I think John Sweeney should do the decent thing and apply the coup de grâce to the cult in the UK. It's either him or them.